I can't stand Idiots

I just about got into a fight on the course.
I had a group in front of me today that was playing kind of slow. So I asked the group behind to join us so that we don't slow anybody else down. I tee off a short par 5 and have to wait to hit my second. There was a group twosome getting to the tee, and the two new guys said to watch it that they might hit into us. Well I didn't think they would do it on purpose, because they could clearly see us in the middle of the fairway. Sure enough here comes a drive to about 10 yards behind me. They didn't even yell anything. By the way they are playing from the ladies tees.
I tell my group that I will ask them to not hit into us anymore when this hole is done. So I hit the green it two, and every body is putting. The guy behind us hits up to about 50 yards from the green. When I line up my put he hits onto the green. I had to turn around And yell what the Hell he was doing, and he told me to Suck his Di--. Someone at the course saw him to that and went to speak with him. He asked us to let him finish 9 because that is all he paid for, and I agreed. But if he did it again, I was supposed to call in. The next whole he waits, but is driving his cart within about 2 feet of the front of the green. Next hole he hits into us again. I had it by this point, I made the call. A couple of holes later, I see them drive in. I joked that he was probably going to get his gun in his car and shoot us all.
I find out that when I get in that this was a guy back from Iraq, and was missing part of his leg. So maybe he did have a gun. hehe. I don't feel bad for getting the guy kicked out one bit. What a joke. And this wasn't some goat ranch. this was a course that is ranked in the top 10 semi-private tracks in this state right down to Gps on the carts. Sorry if this was a long post.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be posted as "I can't stand idiots on the golf course" I am not sure if that guy was a hack or not. But I do know from what you said he was out of line. Hacks compose a major portion of the golfing public, so I am sure that some are bad and have not etiquitte, and alot know how to behave on a course. Some of my best friends are hacks, and are the fastest most considerate people on the course.

Vet or no Vet he had no business hitting into you guys repatedly.

Dan

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

yeah thats messed up... but has nothing to do with skill level.

I was playing a quick two, I had been at the range and decided to head out ten and come back on 18, just before darkness set in. Its something I do a lot... but any how. So obviously no one was on 10 so I moved right down it. As I was putting out the last group, a twosome came around to the 18th tee. I walked up as the last guy was teeing it up. They gave me a nod as they went up the fairway, but never asked me to finish up with them. WTF... it was getting dark, they showed no consideration. I thought that was real crappy.

:russian_roulette: I was playing at a course the other day that has houses on each side of the fairways and I just happend to hit one of them :russian_roulette: and I saw it hit the house, but nothing was broken or damaged. The guy comes out of his house and starts cussing at our foursome and I thought he was going to go inside to get a gun or something. He followed us around for a hole screaming at us about how we had to pay for the damage, but nothing even broke. If you are going to freak out that badly when a ball hits your house, I think you are living in the wrong place!!!! Idiots Uhh!!!

I had a similar experience. Me and my buddy got paired up with two women. They weren't very good, but very nice and pleasant to play with. We played pretty slow, but kept up with the group in front of us. There was a group of twosome behind us and they were waiting on many shots. We thought of letting them play through, but didn't at first because it was really backed up everywhere and they had nowhere to go. For some stupid reasons, these idiots decide to take matters into their own hands and decide to play through without our permission! They hit right into us on the green of a par 4 (neither of them made it on the green, but sliced it near the green) while we were all lining up our putts. I didn't drive up, but I did yell back at them to hold off. Then on the next hole, they hit their drives right onto or past where the ladies had hit theirs! I walked over to each of their balls and hit one of them into the woods and one of them back at them near the tee...and nearly hit them! They drove up to me and yelled some explatives at me and asked what I thought I was doing...I asked them if they thought that was a good shot and we all laughed at them. They drove off trying to play the next hole in front of us but saw that there was a backup and we didn't see them afterwards.

I had a similar incident.

I was in a group of 3, the other 2 were not that good, but very fast. We caught up to the group ahead of us, and could see that there was a back up as far a we could see. Well the group behind us were old geezers that wanted to play fast. One hole they hit into us, even though they could see that there were people still on the green as we waited. I turned around and stared... ok, good drive, was a mistake, maybe they're all on O2 and can't yell fore!

Next hole is a short par 5, I mean short 90* dogleg left. Hit a good placed shot with only 180 to the green, which is very feasible to get on in 2. These guys hit into us again, and not just 1 but 3 of the 4. So, after I hit my approach (which I missed, cuz I be pissed) I drove my carts, picked up their golf balls (3 of them anyways) and threw them into the water. After that didn't even see them until I was returning the cart.

uuuggh. :russian_roulette:

It should be posted as "I can't stand idiots on the golf course" I am not sure if that guy was a hack or not. But I do know from what you said he was out of line. Hacks compose a major portion of the golfing public, so I am sure that some are bad and have not etiquitte, and alot know how to behave on a course. Some of my best friends are hacks, and are the fastest most considerate people on the course.

Dan

Our definition in the south is a hack is a rude duffer. A duffer is not of high skill but knows his etiquette. A hack is a duffer who does not know his etiquette. A skilled golfer who doesn't know his etiquette is what we call down here a KNOB. Is this different in other parts of the country? Just curious.

I played an outing last year with one of my buddies at a questionable local track near where I grew up with two of my father's friends. Third hole we get hit into and just let it go. Two holes later it happens again and by this point we were fuming since one of the guys in my group almost got hit. The peacemaker in the group asked nicely that it not happen again and on we went. Next hole it happens again and my buddy takes his three wood, walks over to the ball and proceeds to launch the ball over the tee box that it came from. The nice gentlemen behind us drove down to ask what the problem was and then got the point when they realized the guy that hit the ball back at them was around 6'6" and 320 lbs (former o lineman at Penn State). It turned out to be a very peaceful afternoon after that.

I was playing a quick two, I had been at the range and decided to head out ten and come back on 18, just before darkness set in. Its something I do a lot... but any how. So obviously no one was on 10 so I moved right down it. As I was putting out the last group, a twosome came around to the 18th tee. I walked up as the last guy was teeing it up. They gave me a nod as they went up the fairway, but never asked me to finish up with them. WTF... it was getting dark, they showed no consideration. I thought that was real crappy.

You thought it crappy that they wouldn't let you intrude on their round because you decided to play the course out of order?

Why? You shouldn't have been on 18...you should have been on 11. They were fine...you were wrong.

If it was that dark, they probably didn't want to be held up by another player in the group same as you didn't want to get held up so you could finish.

-mini

You thought it crappy that they wouldn't let you intrude on their round because you decided to play the course out of order?

Why? You shouldn't have been on 18...you should have been on 11. They were fine...you were wrong.

If it was that dark, they probably didn't want to be held up by another player in the group same as you didn't want to get held up so you could finish.

-mini

second that. . .they probably just wanted to get done, and were probably wondering where the hell you came from.

• 3 months later...
best be careful out there - never know who's on a short fuse.

I keep my .40 S&W in the bag for such a rainy day occasion :cheesy: Normally just keep it for when I'm at the driving range until the wee hours of the morning. I don't think too many people would expect that sort of thing to be in a golf bag :tongue:

Dan

Our definition in the south is a hack is a rude duffer. A duffer is not of high skill but knows his etiquette. A hack is a duffer who does not know his etiquette. A skilled golfer who doesn't know his etiquette is what we call down here a KNOB. Is this different in other parts of the country? Just curious.

lets see, here in the west we call people that arent good, but nice golfers and ones that arent so nice either F#$k faces or Jack Word not allowedes. haha any other name works for those people.

Just yesterday afternoon, I left work a little early to see if I could get in 18 before the evening 9 hole group arrived. I was playing by myself and walking. Hole # 1 runs parallel with #11. The tee box for #11 is about 250 yds. from the 1st green. I’m lining up my putt on the green and I hear a drive come through the trees from the 11th tee. It crossed all the way across the fairway into the rough about 50 yds. in front of the green. As I was finishing the hole, the player drives up in his cart and as I’m walking to the front of the green to get my bag he proceeds to line up his shot (the angle to the 11th green from where his ball is goes directly over the 1st green) and proceeds to hit the ball over my head. I asked him what the h*ll he was doing in not waiting for me to get out of the line of his shot. His response was that he was aimed left of me and no way was he going to hit me. I told him he was an idiot and walked to the next tee. As it were, the #2 green (par 3) and the 11th green are in close proximity. As I was walking up to the green he was there waiting on me and again proceeded to tell me how there was no way I was in any danger. I said that I’m basically uncomfortable with anyone less than 50 yds. away hitting a ball in my general direction since there would be no way for me to get out of the way of a shot coming at me. I stated that based on the position of his tee shot, his statement that I wasn’t in danger could have only been accurate if he had been aiming at me. I told him he needed to learn a little on course courtesy. I should have called the pro shop and reported him, but I just went about my round. As luck would have it I saw him later as I was making the turn and he was back in the 1st fairway. His tee shot from the 17th tee had completely crossed the 11th fairway and back into the 1st. Seems there was no way he was going to get a ball into the 11th fairway. This is a private club and I know the guy he was playing with. He is an idiot as well and any discussion about the actions of his “guest†would fall on deaf ears. I can imagine it is even worse on many of the public course around here.

:cheesy: I was playing at a course the other day that has houses on each side of the fairways and I just happend to hit one of them :tongue: and I saw it hit the house, but nothing was broken or damaged. The guy comes out of his house and starts cussing at our foursome and I thought he was going to go inside to get a gun or something. He followed us around for a hole screaming at us about how we had to pay for the damage, but nothing even broke. If you are going to freak out that badly when a ball hits your house, I think you are living in the wrong place!!!! Idiots Uhh!!!

There's a guy that moved into a house on the corner of a dogleg par 4 at a local course. That house has always gotten alot of wayward drives in the backyard, hitting the siding, etc. Basically, the guy flips out anytime a golf ball comes anywhere near his home. He's gone so far as to come to club meetings to tell everybody to keep their golf balls away from his house and to try and get the club to pay for a net in his backyard. What exactly do you expect when you move into a house 220 yards out on the right side of a dogleg right? The previous owners expected it and it was never a problem.

The net of it is that now everybody first hits a drive out into the middle of the fairway and then tees up a second right at the guys house!