2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

HGH sounds amazing actually. I would love some.

supposedly the issue with it is that if you have cancer you're going to cause it to spread really quickly. what may have been treatable could become a much bigger issue.

i think tiger used PEDs. I doubt many other guys do

i don't care about the Olympics period. When I was a kid and we only had network TV that Olympics were a big deal. Now I sort of forget about them and watch the sports that i always follow

my BMI is 22.6. i get out of shape and lose weight during golf season. by february every year i'm in shape again. i've been getting up at 5 AM to practice before work. I can't really do that AND work out

to be honest, most cycling shoes for road are really uncomfortable unless you have something about you ankles, cause if they slide down in the slightest your ankle will get ridiculous blisters from rubbing. if you got tri shoes that would be different, i don't wear socks when i do the bike/run of the triathlons.

I got that advice when I did a sprint tri but I thought it was more to save time in transition, never though about the blister part. But then again the same guy that gave me that advice had me clipping/rubber banding my shoes to the bike and had me running out of transition barefoot - which hurt like hell...so who knows.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Blue 6x

TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

you can't wear ankle socks with cycling shoes

Why not

to be honest, most cycling shoes for road are really uncomfortable unless you have something about you ankles, cause if they slide down in the slightest your ankle will get ridiculous blisters from rubbing. if you got tri shoes that would be different, i don't wear socks when i do the bike/run of the triathlons.

Meh I bought super cheap shoes when I bought a road bike last year but I don't do anything beyond 60mi. This sort of thing has been fine for me - http://defeet.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=A76DC3FE1CB042838F9BD912268000B1

Also, I tried no socks on a couple practice bricks. Did not go well.

Also, I'm 24/25. You dinks needs to get on a bike.

City. You're spot on there too

Tiger back in the day looked a lot more like a linebacker than he did a golfer. Once the tour testing increased he magically couldn't come back from injuries like he used to.

There is no universe in which tiger looked more like Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis than Villegas or Rory or Adam Scott.

I almost added the phrasing "tweener linebacker" bc I thought someone would jump on this.

I'm not saying tiger is Ray Lewis, but he'd pass for Kiko Alonso as one example

Kiko Alonso is 6-3 240.

[media=]

[/media]

I am by no means over weight - that BMI is silly. Those socks are fine - but if they were to ride down in the back it would make for a painful 60 miles

rubber band trick is strictly for time - not sure what sprint you did but depending what you are running on it could definitely hurt. For me it's time - swim dry off as best you can run and get on bike. i ride until about a mile when i start putting my feet in the shoes so they are more dry. and then same with dismounting. i undo my shoes and step on top of them 1/4 mile before dismount. and then dust off the feet on the bottom and put on my shoes and run

City. You're spot on there too

Tiger back in the day looked a lot more like a linebacker than he did a golfer. Once the tour testing increased he magically couldn't come back from injuries like he used to.

There is no universe in which tiger looked more like Ray Lewis or Patrick Willis than Villegas or Rory or Adam Scott.

I almost added the phrasing "tweener linebacker" bc I thought someone would jump on this.

I'm not saying tiger is Ray Lewis, but he'd pass for Kiko Alonso as one example

Tiger: 6'1ish, 180-185 pounds

Kiko: 6'2 or 6'3, 235-240 pounds

Nowhere near close. Even if Tiger was at 200 pounds at his heaviest, he wouldnt look anywhere near Kiko Alosno. You also have to look who they are surrounded by. Tiger is surrounded by skinny, average, or husky golfers. Kiko Alonso is surrounded by freaks of nature, running backs who are 5'9 or 5'10 but weigh 220 of muscle, linebackers who weigh more than 250. Kiko is going to look small compared to players like that. But Tiger looking like a linebacker is just a big no.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

BMI is 23. I'm calling in my prescription now - big mothertrucking chorizo burrito with extra cheese, sauce, sour cream, rice, beans...

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

In 1997 I ran the New York Marathon in 3:23. Fairly fast. It was like top 35% for 25-30 year olds.

I felt like a skeleton. I was about about 145 pounds.

My BMI according to the charts was 25. That's some of your walking around weight.

Like I said before. . .it's a silly measure for an individual, but across populations, it has some useful applications. Generally, come on, if you're fat, it's high. If you're not, it's low.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

In 1997 I ran the New York Marathon in 3:23. Fairly fast. It was like top 35% for 25-30 year olds.

My BMI according to the charts was 25. That's some of your walking around weight.

Like I said before. . .it's a silly measure for an individual, but across populations, it has some useful applications. Generally, come on, if you're fat, it's high. If you're not, it's low.

That is a ridiculously good time, borderline Boston qualifier? I ran finished three marathons in my mid 30s and never broke 5 hours. Got injured during two and didnt want to quit so I just walked. Mostly I just felt fat and depressed looking at all the other 130-140 pound guys whizzing around. Those days are o-ver.

Top 12% for your age bracket. Don't sell yourself short.

Maybe he is now... But I stood next to him out of college and didn't think he was huge- maybe it's bc he is taller that he doesn't look big- but you get what I'm saying

Of course they were not standing side by side but I've seen tiger up close in that 2000-2005 time and I wouldn't say that Kiko was much bigger. (I'm not talking about height and weight)

I'd say tiger had bigger chest but I'm also not good at staring at and evaluating men's pecs

Added edit - Last post about tiger being big in golf and kiko being small in football is good point

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

i think i said this around the time that tiger was winning the doral by driving the green.

he had that "HGH face."

you might now be asking yourself, what is this "HGH face" you speak of?

kinda hard to explain. somewhat akin to a "lesbian mouth."

basically, you know it when you see it.

for tiger, it was the glassy, bug-eyed stare, the accentuated smile lines and too-tight skin.

of course, i'm just goofing here. no such thing as HGHface or LM. right?

hghface.png

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Finally went to Ross dress for less scored some black t dubs and lunars.

Can't be under 30 a piece

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

BMI 26 overweight. If I could somehow take the fat gut and redistribute the mass into my chest and arms I would be okay with that.

Callaway GBB Epic Flash 9*
Callaway GBB Epic Flash 15* 
Callaway Epic 2H Recoil Black 780 ES F4
Callaway Rogue Pro Black 4-AW Recoil 110 F4
Callaway JAWS Full Face 54* Recoil 110 F4
Callaway PM Grind Black 60* KBS Tour V Stiff
MACHINE Damascus M4
BestGrips MicroPerf grips 

Edit - to be clear, I'm not arguing either way, but I think it is easy enough for someone like that to get trim and cut with a full time trainer and an open schedule, like JKC said.

Super easy. Money for a full time personal trainer and nutritionist and all the best gear. Not a stretch to get trim and cut in those circumstances. Not like he's working a 40 hour week and trying to get a workout in here and there.

HGH or not, the new body doesn't seem to be helping the putting or the mental game.

That is a ridiculously good time, borderline Boston qualifier? I ran finished three marathons in my mid 30s and never broke 5 hours. Got injured during two and didnt want to quit so I just walked. Mostly I just felt fat and depressed looking at all the other 130-140 pound guys whizzing around. Those days are o-ver.

For my age, Boston qual was 3:10, IIRC.

And, these were the days before detailed training schedules. I just ran a lot and did a lot of speed work. I could do 5 miles at the time at like a 6:20 pace.

Back then, NYM was "first come, first served". A friend and I wanted to do it and we just sent in our applications the day we got them. Now, you need to get in in a lottery, or join the NYRRC and volunteer/run a bunch of events up there. It changed pretty soon after '97.

Blew my knee out in 2001. Started bike racing. Crashed too much. Started golfing. And that's the story of City.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

HGH or not, the new body doesn't seem to be helping the putting or the mental game.

His putting has looked horrid as of late.

I'll say this, coverage of Troon this week has renewed my interest in a Scotland trip, it looks amazing over there. Even the sort of throw-in stories they do of some random "course down the way" that I'd never previously heard of, looks amazing.

Looking forward to waking up early to watch the weekend coverage too, has always been my favorite weekend major to watch because of it.

Maybe he is now... But I stood next to him out of college and didn't think he was huge- maybe it's bc he is taller that he doesn't look big- but you get what I'm saying

Of course they were not standing side by side but I've seen tiger up close in that 2000-2005 time and I wouldn't say that Kiko was much bigger. (I'm not talking about height and weight)

I'd say tiger had bigger chest but I'm also not good at staring at and evaluating men's pecs

Added edit - Last post about tiger being big in golf and kiko being small in football is good point

"Excuse me, Professor Brainiac, but I worked in a [gym] for ten years, and I think I know how [PEDs] work."

So, I was in a small 30-person Q&A with Tiger during the inaugural event at Congo. I sat at the table next to him, didn't ask any questions, thought he was smaller than on TV than in person, and actually thought Steve Williams looked bigger (wider, denser, etc) than Tiger.

Finally went to Ross dress for less scored some black t dubs and lunars.

Can't be under 30 a piece

see any in 10.5?

A few at the Waldorf one. I luck out I was going settle on 9.5 and a worker put out a pair of 9s...score!

Supposedly the Lexington park one had a lot but DaGoose would have to go look for you.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

Top 12% for your age bracket. Don't sell yourself short.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green