2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

I was over at el casa de 2MT last night hitting balls, and he asked me if I would keep my irons for a couple years. A couple years?

giphy.gif

There's very little chance they're still in the bag come next spring. I do like my irons, but I really want to try and get a fitting in somewhere with a lot of the heavier graphite options available. I'd even consider steel again, depending on how I hold up to hitting them. I just threw the Recoils I've been playing into my irons, without ever trying out all my options.

How come it seems we never hear about the end of these lawsuits? Do I not understand the legal system? Do they just settle for some amount of money and NDA's and that's why?

Equipment question :

Got the 917 yesterday. Has a Rogue M*AX 65-S in it.

Any thoughts/experiences on that shaft, particularly as it compares to the Rogue Silver? When I got "fitted" for the TItleist, they like the Rogue Silver, and that's why I got it and installed it in the G25.

FTR, the quality ratings at Global are like "New, Mint, Good, Fair, Used, Sh1tty" and I got "Used" and the clubs is essentially SPOTLESS. The face has a couple "dimple shadows" for lack of a better term (you know what I mean, though, right?). Crown, shaft, grip. . .MINT.

On the range D-Testing today. On the docket :

• 917-D2 with Rogue Max 65-S
  • Ping G25 with Rogue Silver 60.
  • Ping G25 with a 1 inch shorter shaft that Domes has lent me. I think it's an X-stiff stock ping shaft.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

I'm a big fan of the Rogue Silver, I think its one of the most underrated "stock" shafts that's ever come out.

I think this lawsuit depends on where TM is coming from but normally yes, quick settlement + NDA = one line summary item somewhere about the lawsuit being settled out of court. If they never looked at the PXG irons, never looked at their patents or did any sort of risk analysis - they might want to settle quickly. But I highly doubt TM would do something like that. My guess is they knew the exact scope of the patents and exactly how to get around them.

But Parsons wins either way IMO.

QI10 LS 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W - Ventus Blue 6s

Ping I230 5-6 /Blueprint S 7-8 /BP T 9-P
Vokey SM8 50*// TM Hi-Toe 54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

How come it seems we never hear about the end of these lawsuits? Do I not understand the legal system? Do they just settle for some amount of money and NDA's and that's why?

Pretty much. Sometimes (not saying its the case with this one...) it's cheaper and easier to mimic another design and just pay the piper. So, they don't disclose this amount because if they did, then companies would know the price to do so.

2MoreTerps. . .Fabb makes more bag changes than actual rounds of golf he plays.

I'm pretty sure Fabb has played a round of golf with set-up A, switched to set-up B, switched again to set-up C, and then played another round of golf.

There's no amount of ridicule or scorn you could heap on him that would make him change this behavior.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

2MoreTerps. . .Fabb makes more bag changes than actual rounds of golf he plays.

I can neither confirm, nor deny this.

I'm pretty sure Fabb has played a round of golf with set-up A, switched to set-up B, switched again to set-up C, and then played another round of golf.

I can neither confirm, nor deny this.

There's no amount of ridicule or scorn you could heap on him that would make him change this behavior.

FINE, IT'S TRUE - ALL OF IT.

giphy.gif

Equipment question :

Got the 917 yesterday. Has a Rogue M*AX 65-S in it.

Any thoughts/experiences on that shaft, particularly as it compares to the Rogue Silver? When I got "fitted" for the TItleist, they like the Rogue Silver, and that's why I got it and installed it in the G25.

FTR, the quality ratings at Global are like "New, Mint, Good, Fair, Used, Sh1tty" and I got "Used" and the clubs is essentially SPOTLESS. The face has a couple "dimple shadows" for lack of a better term (you know what I mean, though, right?). Crown, shaft, grip. . .MINT.

On the range D-Testing today. On the docket :

• 917-D2 with Rogue Max 65-S
  • Ping G25 with Rogue Silver 60.
  • Ping G25 with a 1 inch shorter shaft that Domes has lent me. I think it's an X-stiff stock ping shaft.

Really did not like the rogue Max S. Felt way too loose in my swing, with a ton of action at the tip. Found a mean case of the hooks when i tested out the S, and didnt get a chance to swing the X. That being said, i'm currently playing a tipped rogue silver 70 X, which has been working pretty well.

Can you feel it in the air? The seasons are changing. That special time of year is near. We now just wait, for City to announce the opening of #nameit season.

my favorite part of the calendar. be happy and rejoice.

SWEATERVESTSEASON is upon us.

need some superfriend help please. tell me what i need to know about greystone gc green complexes, and the course in general. be as specific as you are able. thanks.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

I don't know if I liked the Rogue MAX in my Epic, city. I played it through one of the worst periods of driving in a long time, so it's not really a fair shake. I had some really good driving days with it, and some really awful ones. I think I like my ATMOS much better, but my swing is also just getting better again now.

That being said, i'm currently playing a tipped rogue silver 70 X, which has been working pretty well.

Another satisfied Silver 70x user....

(insert Tex thumbs up pic)

Rogue max is water down version of the O/I shaft and the silver.

So I would put that at the bottom but you don't know until you try them, tbh

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

I forgot shoes when I went to Bethpage and borrowed Eagles spikeless Nikes. No slips, even in the morning dew. Thinking of getting some now.

You mean eagle took those back from you?

If the putting ball is $99 apiece, what will the full swing ball cost?

[media=]

[/media]

I thought this would be some sort of remote controlled golf ball that you could make go in the hole no matter where you hit it.

need some superfriend help please. tell me what i need to know about greystone gc green complexes, and the course in general. be as specific as you are able. thanks.

Who, what, when at Greystone?

Love Greystone. Would love to do an event there, but it's a haul from DC. Please pay attention to how bad you think the drive is from MoCo and consider the feasibility of an event there.

If the greens are fast at Greystone, then it's a "keep it below the hole" kind of place. But, the problem is, you don't often know what's below the hole. Like 1 runs left to right as much as it runs back to front.

From the back tees, I think it's the hardest golf course in Maryland that I've played. I've never broken 80 there from ANY tees.

I could go hole by hole, but in general, be careful of tee boxes lining you up poorly.

Seriously, to me, there's so much going on on every hole that even I don't have time for a HBH write up. It's not going to help you your first time out. You need to play that course multiple times to figure out where the misses are. Go take your lumps and then we'll go get it again some day.

From the back tees, 9 is the hardest par 4 in the state. Standing by that.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Who, what, when at Greystone?

Love Greystone. Would love to do an event there, but it's a haul from DC. Please pay attention to how bad you think the drive is from MoCo and consider the feasibility of an event there.

If the greens are fast at Greystone, then it's a "keep it below the hole" kind of place. But, the problem is, you don't often know what's below the hole. Like 1 runs left to right as much as it runs back to front.

From the back tees, I think it's the hardest golf course in Maryland that I've played. I've never broken 80 there from ANY tees.

I could go hole by hole, but in general, be careful of tee boxes lining you up poorly.

Seriously, to me, there's so much going on on every hole that even I don't have time for a HBH write up. It's not going to help you your first time out. You need to play that course multiple times to figure out where the misses are. Go take your lumps and then we'll go get it again some day.

From the back tees, 9 is the hardest par 4 in the state. Standing by that.

different beast, not an individual thing. i am in a 4 person scramble there on friday. white tees. winning team goes to pebble and gets to stay and play for 3 days/3 courses for free. they will have markers walking with each foursome to keep track of the scores, so it's a legit thing. example: (-11) won last year.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

How many cans of golferAIDS do you have to sell to get an entry in that tourney?

GD, beat me to it. The EagleGrintLLCUSGolfClassic lives on....

different beast, not an individual thing. i am in a 4 person scramble there on friday. white tees. winning team goes to pebble and gets to stay and play for 3 days/3 courses for free. they will have markers walking with each foursome to keep track of the scores, so it's a legit score. example: (-11) won last year.

That's going to make a HUGE DIFFERENCE. There's a lot of aggressive lines you can take on that course if you have a safe one out there.

Has any of your crew played it before? Are you A/B/C/D or all A's?

In scramble, there's not much to say about 1/2/3/4. Stay below the hole on all.

Hole 5, you're going to take a line probably right over the left bunkers and try to get it to the lower fairway.

In these images, there's a "SAFE" line and a "DANGER LINE".

Hole 7, there's a safe route to the right. Water is probably reachable from whites. A GPS would help. It's blind.

Hole 10, the safe route is short right. The danger route is left. More left. You can go right through the fairway right here easily. Very downhill.

11, right is playing with fire, but in a scramble, go for it.

Hole 15, you'll see. You can drive right through the fairway. Get a safe one up there, then start ripping.

17 is sort of blind from the tee. Make sure you get a line on where the water ends, and some kind of yardage. You might be able to carry it. Not sure where whites are. Left edge of the bunkers is safe. I don't think you can see the "comma" bunker from the tee.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

This would be the first time in history the words "legit" and "scramble" appeared together in the same discussion.

City, how long has Greystone been there? When I saw how far North it was, I feel like I may have played there back in college.

Had a legit egg scramble this morning. back on the no carb thing. Ate so terribly last week that it was affecting my mood.

Going to see Del the Funky Homosapien tonight. Anyone here ever listen to "Wacky World of Rapid Transit"?

It's about the time Del had to take a bus from Oakland to San Francisco because his older cousin couldn't give him a ride, and his Mom would always make a big deal about it if he asked her for a ride.

It's the best song....in any genre....ever.

Had a legit egg scramble this morning. back on the no carb thing. Ate so terribly last week that it was affecting my mood.

Going to see Del the Funky Homosapien tonight. Anyone here ever listen to "Wacky World of Rapid Transit"?

It's about the time Del had to take a bus from Oakland to San Francisco because his older cousin couldn't give him a ride, and his Mom would always make a big deal about it if he asked her for a ride.

It's the best song....in any genre....ever.

I, I don't have time for your stories...

Good stuff.

My boys are on a Tyler the Creator kick now. Gonna have to intro them to Del.

Enjoy the show. Should be a blast.