MD/VA/DC Golfers - Ten Seconds or Less

eagle1997

Google is giving me a 1:50 approximate driving time, so it looks like I'll leave around 5. Should be there close to 7, give or take traffic,wrong turns, and food.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

TSR1 15*, Diamana BF 80TX

TSR1 20°, Atmos TS Blue HB 8x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 21°, Recoil 110

JPX 923 Forged  5-P, DG120 X100
RTX6  50, 54, 58 MID (AMT White X100)
Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1430224689' post='11457143'][quote name='misplacedtexan83' timestamp='1430224466' post='11457123']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1430224382' post='11457113']With regards to Potomac Shores tomorrow, I'm probably going to arrive around 7:30 or so. I'm guessing it will be pretty quiet and not that hard to locate our players on the range or putting green, so I'll be the fool appearing on the range going "Hey! Are you _____ from the internet?"

I should probably leave the GPS tracking on my phone on... you know... just in case the cops need to find my body...[/quote]

We all do that every time there is an outing.

Now back to the Diablo sauce...is it really spicy or just enough to make your sweat?
[/quote]

Barely, it's like they needed to have a token spicy queso and added a dash of something to give the queso a little heat. But then I like spicy food and have above average tolerance, so your mileage may vary. It's definitely tasty with a little kick though.[/quote]

I love spicy food. It's even better when there are layers, so you get a bite of spicy then a bite to cool it off then it starts over again.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1430224687' post='11457141']
Hope you all have a great time at PoSho tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing all the recaps, and seeing who comes out victorious!
[/quote]

"I missed 13/14 fairways because I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to rotate my left forearm or right forearm on the takeaway, causing me to overset my wrists at the top, while my rear hip was turning 40* and not 45*. Therefore on the downswing, I needed to shift my weight to the lead foot a little faster to pull the arms through .05 seconds faster."

Cobra King LTD 9*, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 6X
Cobra King Tec 17*, Fujikura Axiom 105S

Adams A12 19*, Diamana Thump X
TM TP MC/MB, Fujikura Axiom 105S 
Vokey 250.08, SM9 54-S & 60-V, DG S400
Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='Terphack' timestamp='1430223112' post='11457009']
[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1430177784' post='11454475']
Anyone who lives within 500 miles of Baltimore and hasnt had the chorizo burrito at golden West... I don't understand your existence.

Go on a day when you're in the mood for a coffee and a breakfast beer.

Baltimore is rocking right now. I drove through downtown at about 6. It was weird. Dead quiet. Very little traffic. Tons of cops in riot gear.

Dont want to start a fight because I'm getting off line... [b]But don't forget how this started. No one was doing this 10 days ago[/b].
[/quote]

Wow. There is NEVER a good reason for looting and burning your own neighborhood. Looting and burning is not protest. Sickening to watch.
[/quote]You know what else would have been sickening to watch? The cops break a guy's neck and then wait 40 minutes to call the paramedics.

But, that doesn't make as good TV as the "sit back and be self-righteous" hour on CNN.

I don't know what the looting and burning will bring, and neither do you. Maybe the cops will finally realize they need to stop messing with people.

They're already making up stories about Freddie Gray. Wait and see. Already heard my cop buddy talking about him jumping from a window and breaking his neck. I guess the guy on foot, being chased by cops on bikes ran into a building and then jumped from a window. She was short on details. The cops at the scene haven't even said that and there's no video of anything like that. But, our boys in blue couldn't possible have done something like that, right?

I've done a ride-along in this town. They're so used to messing with people and just running reckless through town, they don't even think about what they're doing in front of an observer.

They make jokes about giving out "humbles" which is basically what they did to Freddie Gray. A hard-core humble. I know a first-hand story of the cops killing a C.I. who had called in another bad guy and then reported the C.I. as one of the "bad guys". They copped to it months later when it was back-page news, probably to avoid another situation like this.

I've seen low level harassment with my own two eyes from the back of a police car. I was talking to the pres of a FOP chapter one night in a bar when Jane Miller came in. There was a high-profile informant case going on at the time that Miller was reporting on. The FOP guy was "b1tch this and b1tch that" and telling me how the cop couldn't be trusted in court because he lied about his overtime pay once.

Not saying the looters are right, but let's try to get past the idea of "these animals" next time someone gets on TV and says, "I don't condone it, but I understand it."

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1430224921' post='11457177']
[quote name='AbbVT24' timestamp='1430224687' post='11457141']
Hope you all have a great time at PoSho tomorrow. I'm looking forward to hearing all the recaps, and seeing who comes out victorious!
[/quote]

"I missed 13/14 fairways because I couldn't figure out if I was supposed to rotate my left forearm or right forearm on the takeaway, causing me to overset my wrists at the top, while my rear hip was turning 40* and not 45*. Therefore on the downswing, I needed to shift my weight to the lead foot a little faster to pull the arms through .05 seconds faster."
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:2512331]

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1430225013' post='11457193'][quote name='Terphack' timestamp='1430223112' post='11457009']
Anyone who lives within 500 miles of Baltimore and hasnt had the chorizo burrito at golden West... I don't understand your existence.

Baltimore is rocking right now. I drove through downtown at about 6. It was weird. Dead quiet. Very little traffic. Tons of cops in riot gear.

Dont want to start a fight because I'm getting off line... [b]But don't forget how this started. No one was doing this 10 days ago[/b].
[/quote]

Wow. There is NEVER a good reason for looting and burning your own neighborhood. Looting and burning is not protest. Sickening to watch.
[/quote]You know what else would have been sickening to watch? The cops break a guy's neck and then wait 40 minutes to call the paramedics.

But, that doesn't make as good TV as the "sit back and be self-righteous" hour on CNN.

I don't know what the looting and burning will bring, and neither do you. Maybe the cops will finally realize they need to stop messing with people.

They're already making up stories about Freddie Gray. Wait and see. Already heard my cop buddy talking about him jumping from a window and breaking his neck. I guess the guy on foot, being chased by cops on bikes ran into a building and then jumped from a window. She was short on details. The cops at the scene haven't even said that and there's no video of anything like that. But, our boys in blue couldn't possible have done something like that, right?

I've done a ride-along in this town. They're so used to messing with people and just running reckless through town, they don't even think about what they're doing in front of an observer.

They make jokes about giving out "humbles" which is basically what they did to Freddie Gray. A hard-core humble. I know a first-hand story of the cops killing a C.I. who had called in another bad guy and then reported the C.I. as one of the "bad guys". They copped to it months later when it was back-page news, probably to avoid another situation like this.

I've seen low level harassment with my own two eyes from the back of a police car. I was talking to the pres of a FOP chapter one night in a bar when Jane Miller came in. There was a high-profile informant case going on at the time that Miller was reporting on. The FOP guy was "b1tch this and b1tch that" and telling me how the cop couldn't be trusted in court because he lied about his overtime pay once.

Not saying the looters are right, but let's try to get past the idea of "these animals" next time someone gets on TV and says, "I don't condone it, but I understand it."[/quote]

No one called anyone animals.

I completely agree that some Cops develop a god complex and are bad apples. However, there are great ones but in the end, like the looters, they will all get piled into one group.

I hope the cops get punished but anyone that understands this behavior has a warp mind. I have one but hurting innocent people, businesses, etc. is not acceptable, IMO.

However, protesting only does so much. So, the nation is watching and I hope Baltimore gets its right.

protos F4

I'm only going to say one thing about the looting/rioting in Bmore and never speak of it again:

Two words: Michael Jackson Protester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XzWJu-cj-4

*drops mic, moonwalks out of office.

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X 

I'm only going to say one thing about the looting/rioting in Bmore and never speak of it again:

Two words: Michael Jackson Protester

*drops mic, moonwalks out of office.

awesome-cool-funny-moon-walk-bad-ass-other-6bb61e3b7bce0931da574d19d1d82c88-1485.gif

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='TheCityGame' timestamp='1430225013' post='11457193']
[quote name='Terphack' timestamp='1430223112' post='11457009']

[/quote]

Not saying the looters are right, but let's try to get past the idea of "these animals" next time someone gets on TV and says, "I don't condone it, but I understand it."
[/quote]

Agreed. I think most folks have an anecdote, and in personal experience we shouldn't have to acquiesce to brutish attitudes just because an officer is having "their time of the month."

It's crazy the sort of reckless abandon that the rioters had yesterday. In those neighborhoods, a place like a CVS is pretty much the only place folks can go to get their medicine, groceries, etc. You set the neighborhood back even worse because now businesses are going to turn it into a desert.

Most alarming is that this was mostly done by teenagers.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

So I've look at the PoS yardage book and etc.. But from those who have played it.. Any particularly demanding tee shots, or any shots to practice on the range beforehand? I don't know how all of you all prepare for a given round, but just trying to figure out if there is a out of the norm shot that would be good to get comfortable with in the am.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1430227571' post='11457419']So I've look at the PoS yardage book and etc.. But from those who have played it.. Any particularly demanding tee shots, or any shots to practice on the range beforehand? I don't know how all of you all prepare for a given round, but just trying to figure out if there is a out of the norm shot that would be good to get comfortable with in the am.[/quote]

I can tell you one thing...you will have another round to execute what you learned on the first one ;)

protos F4

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1430227571' post='11457419']
So I've look at the PoS yardage book and etc.. But from those who have played it.. Any particularly demanding tee shots, or any shots to practice on the range beforehand? I don't know how all of you all prepare for a given round, but just trying to figure out if there is a out of the norm shot that would be good to get comfortable with in the am.
[/quote]

i've only played it once, but a tiny fade is probably the preferred shot shape. be prepared to hit towards landing areas you can't see. i know there's one drivable par 4 that would require a high draw.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[/quote]

Others with actual experience can correct me, but from what I've heard, accuracy/placement and playing off undulating lies. Also, like many Nicklaus designs, ability or tendency to hit a left to right shot will be handy.

Toulon Palm Beach

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1430227862' post='11457443']
[/quote]

i've only played it once, but a tiny fade is probably the preferred shot shape. be prepared to hit towards landing areas you can't see. i know there's one drivable par 4 that would require a high draw.
[/quote]

Yea- I was seeing that when looking at the yardage book. I kept visioning my draw on these holes and then thinking.. man i wish i could just hit a nice fade, would work much better on that hole (and then it became like 10 holes lol)

Jack is notorious for building his courses to suit his fade.

Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1430228046' post='11457477']
[/quote]

Others with actual experience can correct me, but from what I've heard, accuracy/placement and playing off undulating lies. Also, like many Nicklaus designs, ability or tendency to forget [i]the previous hole and focus only on the shot ahead of you and trust there is a landing area that must be hit otherwise you might be in the junk so just hit what you know you need and trust it will end up ok.[/i]
[/quote]
fixed the last part there...

[quote name='vtnerf' timestamp='1430228195' post='11457491']
[quote name='Puppetmaster' timestamp='1430228046' post='11457477']
[/quote]

Others with actual experience can correct me, but from what I've heard, accuracy/placement and playing off undulating lies. Also, like many Nicklaus designs, ability or tendency to forget [i]the previous hole and focus only on the shot ahead of you and trust there is a landing area that must be hit otherwise you might be in the junk so just hit what you know you need and trust it will end up ok.[/i]
[/quote]
fixed the last part there...
[/quote]

So basically... alcohol?

Toulon Palm Beach

it's not like you [i]can't[/i] hit a draw. you can. it's just that if that draw turns into a hook, you're dead. if your fade turns into a slice, you won't be in great shape, but you have a chance at finding it.

[quote name='SullGolf' timestamp='1430228300' post='11457505']
Built for a [i]fade[/i]? Awwwwww yisssss.
[/quote]

let's talk after round # 1.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1430228361' post='11457509']
it's not like you [i]can't[/i] hit a draw. you can. it's just that if that draw turns into a hook, you're dead. if your fade turns into a slice, you won't be in great shape, but you have a chance at finding it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

ill just change my shaft setting to fade on my new trusty bio cell -- let the club do the work :)

Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1430228599' post='11457543']
ill just change my shaft setting to fade on my new trusty bio cell -- let the club do the work :)
[/quote]

This is WRX son. Not only do you need to turn the face open, you also need to go source a secret sauce Tour only adapter that opens the face 6 degs, and a super tip stiff XX flex Tour issue shaft that is WRX-approved anti-left. And tip it 2". Oh and it needs to be bought the day before with same day shipping, or you will start a thread saying the seller sucks. Just sayin.

Toulon Palm Beach

#CLICKclickCLICK

goose, you asked about the sand at PoSho. in march, it depended on the bunker. i was in a few. #2 greenside had little. #3 greenside had beautiful fluffy sand. not sure of conditions since then, but until i see different, imma say everything is awesome.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1430228599' post='11457543']
[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1430228361' post='11457509']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

unless you have the the biocell pro model, or a pro adapter... there is no such setting.

#knowledgeBOMB

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1430229979' post='11457659']
#CLICKclickCLICK

goose, you asked about the sand at PoSho. in march, it depended on the bunker. i was in a few. #2 greenside had little. #3 greenside had beautiful fluffy sand. not sure of conditions since then, but until i see different, imma say everything is awesome.
[/quote]

Okay, great. I suppose for tomorrow I'll pack the t5s, in case the Vokeys don't magically get delivered today. I figured a new 'high end' course is going to be relatively soft during these months, so lies should be pretty lush outside of the bunkers anyway.

TSR2 8*, Diamana BG 60TX

Odyssey Eleven S
Tour BX

[quote name='eagle1997' timestamp='1430230255' post='11457691']
i had a breakfast burrito as a test run for tomorrow. #awesomesauce

also, until i get tired of it, for every one of my posts going forward: #HastagsAllUpinthisB
[/quote]

#conferencecallsallday

Titleist TSR2 8* or Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*???

Taylormade P790 UDI 2

Nike Dymo 5w

Titleist 917f2 7w

Nike VR TW blade/split cavity- 4-PW

Cobra Snakebite 52*

Titleist Vokey 60*

Taylormade MySpider Tour X