2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

SKYGolf GameTracker (any info on this?)

Maybe I'm late to the party or this is brand new but I happened to check the SkyGolf site today and see that they have a Game Tracker like Game Golf and Accros. Does anyone have additional info on this?

1884_1_.jpg

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize they had actually released this but it looks like you can buy it. I can't find a review from anyone so far though but it looks pretty nice and the price point is good. I'm sure the accuracy is going to be good given the separate hardward piece but like you I'm interested to see how this compares to GG and Arc.

I saw it at the PGA show. Looked promising from the demo(Game Golf/Arccos hybrid). It uses sky caddie maps but goes through your cell phone (like Arccos) vs Skycaddie. Wear the unit like Game Golf. Cell Phone can stay in cart (If I remember correctly the sky tracker unit has gps in it so it does not require the GPS in your phone which saves battery life). It was new to the reps in the booth at the PGA as well so not a lot of details. Sky Golf hinted at a system like this years ago during the initial roll out of the SGX unit (pre smartphone era).

What's also interesting is you can pick up the GPS booster as a separate companion piece to the mobile app...if you don't want the tags...

Seems to claim a 300 percent increase in accuracy over the phone's location services...wonder how that compares to the new Touch??

My SGX just died on me...this seems like a decent option

I didn't know it was out either, i know they talked about it. Plus didn't they say it could integrate with your skycaddie, that when you get the yardage it would recommend the club to you.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

Maybe I'm late to the party or this is brand new but I happened to check the SkyGolf site today and see that they have a Game Tracker like Game Golf and Accros. Does anyone have additional info on this?

1884_1_.jpg

I haven't used it yet, but it looks like they added some info on their website. It has a comparison chart to compare with other similar products (click Game Tracker vs The Competition).

http://www.newskycaddie.com/products/SkyGolf-GameTracker

Looks pretty cool, but I haven't used any of the others to know what to expect

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='dryl' timestamp='1434430486' post='11759834']
Curious whether the app and the gps booster is as accurate as a standalone gps unit...

Posted on the sky golf forums but haven't heard back
[/quote]

I saw on the SkyCaddie forums that they stated that the GPS booster basically gets the same reception as the standalone units and that this is the supposed 10x better than phone quality.

I am still waiting to see a review of this or here comments from someone using it but have not found anything. Any one else seen any reviews yet?

http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Frankfurt

I will be using mine on Saturday. I was hoping to use it over the July 4th weekend but we had crappy weather.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought one last week. Have been trying to use it but it is useless. The software is so bad and has so many errors it is unusable. There is no functional post round editing function, it does not even keep your score for you. When I called the company and tried to resolve the issues they threw up road blocks and I've spent a week trying to get a usable product. This thing needs beta testers not people paying an absurd amount of money for nothing more than a gps booster that doesn't even keep your score for you.

Here are a few issues of importance:

The app adds a chip shot to every hole, causing your score to be falsely high. Seriously, it adds a chip to shot to every hole for no reason at all.

The app incorrectly calculates fairways hit percentage. I hit 50% on the front nine and 100% on the back 9 and the app gave me a total of 100%.

The app will randomly decide, on occasion, to put in a distance of your made putt. However, this is impossible for it to actually know because you do not tell it where the hole is. Therefore, you have to remember to delete or edit this to a correct number.

The skygolf360 website, which is the hub for reviewing your stats and data, does not have a functional way of post round editing of shots. It is simply a copy of the iphone app which does not allow zooming so there is no way to add multiple putts or have any accuracy at all on shot placement.

When on the course, the app will occasionally crash, when it opens back up it may or not be at the hole you want it on. If you then tag a shot, it ends up giving you crazy data like a 1000yard drive instead of placing the shot on the proper hole. I don't see how you could record the shots without the app like they say you can... it gives you so many errors on shot recording and places them on the wrong holes and then there is no reasonable post round editing function.

Finally, the worst part is the company and its practices. I just sold my flightscope and was considering purchasing a skytrak for an indoor hitting bay but after my experience with this product there is no way I will deal with the company again. It took me 7 phone calls and three online chats to get "approval" to return the device and I am still out $30 in shipping and handling fees. The real problem here, aside from the useless product is how terrible the company's support practices are.

Hope this helps save someone else the aggravation! I was very excited about this product but will be getting game golf or arccos now.

Chris

I used it yesterday to record my full shots (I use my Touch to record score, putts, and fairways hit). I would classify the Gametracker as a work in progress. The accuracy was variable. Most of the shots are very close to where I was but some were not close. Also when I used the tag in the divot repair tool to close the hole out, it created another shot to where I teed. Using Skygolf 360 to fix things was not easy. The dot used to change the location of the shots is too big and if you delete shots, it will create another shot that needs to be deleted. I am going to start a thread on the Skygolf site detailing what I find. My guess is as more people use it and report thing, things will get worked out. But I have Game Golf and I saw similar issues in the beginning with it when it came to accuracy and editing the round.

Callaway Chrome Soft

• 3 weeks later...

So it appears to be like every other Skygolf release. The initial release is buggy as hell and then within the next year it will get better. They really need to work on their quality of release. They got away with being the only and/or best for awhile. But now there are too many options out there. They won't survive constantly releasing software and hardware that is incredibly buggy on the initial release.

I got excited for a minute when I first saw this product, but after reading a few reviews, I won't touch this product for at least another year.

Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
Callaway Epic Fash Sub Zero 15 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
Titleist T100s Black 4-PW Dynamic Gold AMT Tour White
Titleist SM8 52 Dynamic Gold S200
TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
TM Spider X

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Are there any updates on this system? Has it improved? I've seen they integrated the NFC receiver (for the tags) into their new SkyCaddy Linx GT watch. Ideal combo, now the software just has to be good to tempt me away from my Gamegolf.

I will tell you that I am currently getting a refund request in to SkyGolf on this product. I am not happy. From what I can tell the posts here describing it in use have not gotten better over time, so far. I have troubles keeping the device paired with my phone. It adds putts all the time. It doesn't allow for post round editing. And worse of all it is incredibly distracting while golfing. I would not categorize this as a great release, I would think Game Golf having much more time in is a better product at this point. Plus, no yearly subscription like the SkyGolf product system.

My plan now is to switch to Game Golf Live and use a rangefinder for yardage. No more GPS for me.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

They seem to have replaced this with the linx GT watch. I have no idea whether it's buggy or not but the idea is great - You tap the club to the watch rather than a buckle which means you have all the advantages of a normal gps watch (knowing distances at s glance without having to check your phone) bug also have a full tracking system like arccos and gamegolf live.

Like I say, the theory is great. Hopefully someone will buy it to see if it actually works :)

• 2 months later...

i own both Gametracker and Game Golf. Game Golf is far and away the better device to track your shots. I continue to use my Skycaddie Touch to manage my way around the course. But Game Golf is so much easier to use after the round with a lot more information.

Callaway Chrome Soft

Used mine for half a round. Clip is cheap plastic old cell phone swivel style with release button on top. Popped of somewhere on the course never to be seen again. Tried to alert them to design flaw and met with no interest in helping me or the thought of a better clip. Also I found phone app non intuitive.

Ummm, you're clearly not talking about the GameTracker (GT1 or GT2) as neither device uses this style of clip.

I just returned my GameTracker GT2.

Pros:

• SkyCaddie Mobile is very easy to see on your phone in direct sunlight
  • Tracking clubs works well as long as you remember to tag
  • The tags are small light and blend into most grips (you won't even know they're there)

Cons:

• The auto-swing detection on the GT2 results in way too many swings showing up and lots of post-round editing required (this feature can be disabled).
  • Post-round editing is just plain broken - you have to be VERY careful with what elements of your round to "touch" after the fact or you risk losing EVERYTHING that was recorded from the round.
  • The analysis reports are far more limited and not as clear as Game Golf or Arccos
  • You cannot remove particular shots from a club's measurements to get the shot data accurate
  • Battery life for the GT2 is nowhere near the stated 12 hours. You will only get 1 round in for each charge.
  • The price is too high for admission and ongoing membership

Overall I would say that it's not necessarily a horrible solution, but the bar has been set much higher by other options. If you primarily want something to get your statistics then there are much better solutions. If you primarily want the system for in-round shot tracking and GPS maps, then I think it is actually superior to most everything else available.

In the end I decided that I like SkyCaddie Mobile enough to keep using that component and I'll track my shots manually (possible without the GT2 piece) if I feel so inclined. I may go with Game Golf live as a replacement.

I just returned my GameTracker GT2.

Pros:

• SkyCaddie Mobile is very easy to see on your phone in direct sunlight
  • Tracking clubs works well as long as you remember to tag
  • The tags are small light and blend into most grips (you won't even know they're there)

Cons:

• The auto-swing detection on the GT2 results in way too many swings showing up and lots of post-round editing required (this feature can be disabled).
  • Post-round editing is just plain broken - you have to be VERY careful with what elements of your round to "touch" after the fact or you risk losing EVERYTHING that was recorded from the round.
  • The analysis reports are far more limited and not as clear as Game Golf or Arccos
  • You cannot remove particular shots from a club's measurements to get the shot data accurate
  • Battery life for the GT2 is nowhere near the stated 12 hours. You will only get 1 round in for each charge.
  • The price is too high for admission and ongoing membership

Overall I would say that it's not necessarily a horrible solution, but the bar has been set much higher by other options. If you primarily want something to get your statistics then there are much better solutions. If you primarily want the system for in-round shot tracking and GPS maps, then I think it is actually superior to most everything else available.

In the end I decided that I like SkyCaddie Mobile enough to keep using that component and I'll track my shots manually (possible without the GT2 piece) if I feel so inclined. I may go with Game Golf live as a replacement.

I agree with your issues on Gametracker. I found it very frustrating to edit the information after the found. Also my grips had a rounded top and the tags would not stay tight on the club. I just bought some new irons and using Game Golf LIve to track my distances. It is so much easier to use. I download the round to my Mac and the edit process within a browser is very easy. Also the Gametracker device on your belt was uncomfortable to wear when riding in a cart. You do not even know you have Game Golf clipped to your belt.

But when it comes to GPS on the course, I still prefer my Skycaddie Touch. It is easy to read in all light, the information to hazards and targets is much better, and my club uses zones so I get the distance to the center of the zone, not just to the green.

Callaway Chrome Soft