2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

APPLY: Mitsubishi Rayon TENSEI CK Blue Shafts. 3 Testers wanted! Apply here!

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? TaylorMade R1 Project X 6.5
[*]What is your current handicap? 4
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Verbank, NY, USA
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TaylorMade R1
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. YES
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 70 gram x flex
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).TaylorMade R1 Sleeve
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue. I would approach with an open mind when I do testing I like to get true feeling by testing the product on the range and in play.
[/list]

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag?
[*]Nike Covert 2.0 Driver, Cleveland Launcher 3w, Wilson Staff 5w Fybrid, Covert irons, Ben Hogan Wedges
[*]What is your current handicap? 13
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? San Diego, Cali
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Nike Covert 2.0 9.5
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. Yes
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? 57g Stiff
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Nike Flexloft 2.0
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue.
[*]I would start by taking it out to Torrey Pines and testing distance. I am blessed to be able to play such a seller course in Torrey Pines I would really want to test it there. With Torrey Pines being an overly long course I would want to see how it does with trajectories and distance with ocean breezes. Then I would take it to the desert and see how it will roll out in dry conditions. In addition I will be able to use a launch monitor at a driving range. And also if I am able to get this shaft it will be an excuse to play more golf. ;)
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]Cobra Bio Cell. 915F 13.5 Fairway. 915FD 20.5* Hybrid. Mizuno MP69 4-PW. Mizuno MP-T4 50,54,58. Rife Island Series Aruba. [/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]2[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Fort Myers, FL USA[/b]
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]Cobra Bio Cell 9.5D[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]Absolutely [/b]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]65-70 gram. Stiff. I play a 44.75" shaft length (butt trimmed)[/b]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Cobra Bio Cell or FlyZ tip[/b]
[*][color="#282828"]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue? [/color][b][color="#282828"]I would put the TENSEI CK Blue through rigorous testing both on the course and on Trackman. It would be put up head to head with my current gamer, an Oban Kiyoshi Gold as well as a Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 62 Whiteboard. As a Professional Golf Management student I really really really like golf. I would also have numerous classmates, all very good players, who would love to get their hands on this and I would be able to provide feedback from more than just myself. [/color][/b]
[/list]

[b][color="#282828"]​Thanks for the opportunity! [/color][/b]

[*]What’s in your current bag? Ping G30
[*]What is your current handicap? 10
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Puerto Rico
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? Ping G30 10.5
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. - yes of course
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? CK 60 stiff
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). Ping G30 adapter
Will use ES 14 outdoors on the range to compare my numbers against current gamer UST VTS silver shaft and against stock TFC419D. Will post numbers with each shaft and also comment on feel and overall impression of the shaft. Will bring in my coach in who also plays G30 driver (9* with matrix shaft) to compare at both swing speeds (95mph for me - 105 for him)

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? -- Callaway XR w/ Xphlexxx Agera, 10.5*, -1/N setting
[*]What is your current handicap? -- 6, but trending toward 7 :(
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? -- Huntley, IL, USA
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? -- Callaway XR 10.5*
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. -- Of course
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? -- 70g range shaft, stiff flex would be ideal
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). -- If stiff, tip 1/2", Callaway adapter
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue -- Current shaft is a pretty good fit regarding length and accuracy. Testing will be done side-by-side with a handful of balls each, and a few complete rounds with the shaft. I do have an ES14 launch monitor I can use to give some semblance of numbers. I find the overall distance to be pretty accurate, but the spin seems a little high to me.
[/list]

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[list]
[list]
[*]Driver: Ping G25 9 Deg D2/ TFC360 Stiff
[*]3W: Adams Xtd Ti 15 Deg D3/ Matrix Red Tie 6q3 Stiff
[*]Hybrid: Adams Xtd Ti 17 Deg D3/ Matrix Red Tie 7q3
[*]Irons: Mizuno MP68 D4 / KBS C-Taper90 stiff
[*]Wedges: 52 Titleist Vokey SM5 / 56 Callaway X Forged / 58 Onoff Forged / S200 Reg
[*]Putter: Odyssey Black Series #2
[/list]
[*]What is your current handicap?
[list]
[*]8
[/list]
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
[list]
[*]Taipei, Taiwan
[/list]
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
[list]
[*]Ping / G25 Driver / 9 Deg
[/list]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
[list]
[*]I look forward to it :)
[/list]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
[list]
[*][color=#000000]TENSEI™ CK Blue 50 / 57 gram / Stiff[/color]
[/list]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
[list]
[*]Tip half inch / Ping G25 adapter
[/list]
[list]
[*]I am friends with owners of a golf shop. I will test it against my current driver shaft, show launch monitor results, and show range/course results
[/list]

[/list]

• What’s in your current bag?
Driver, Titleist 915 D2, Alpha V5 3/5/7 fairway woods, Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana B 60gm R Flex shaft in driver and 3/5/7 woods, Titleist 915H 5 Hybrid Aerotech Steelfiber HLS 880 shaft, Irons 6-PW Mizuno MP 52, all irons Aerotech Steelfiber 80gm R shaft, Titleist Vokey Wedges 50/56/60 KBS Hi-Rev shaft, Ping Nome putter.
• What is your current handicap?
• Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
Cambridge, UK
• What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
Titleist 915 D2 10.5 deg
• If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft
TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
Yes
• Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
Tensei CK Blue 60gm R Flex
• Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
No tipping required, Titleist 915 D2 Surefit Tour Hosel adapter required, shaft length 45”
• Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue
I would compare the performance of Tensei CK Blue 60gm R Flex with the Diamana B 60gm shafts fitted in my driver and fairway woods and report on the results

Current Bag. BB Alpha/ GD-DI 7S, X2Hot 17 degree GD/DI 7X, X2Hot 21* hybrid Diamana Blue X, SLDR irons 3-PW, Mizuno Wedges 50, 56, 60, Arnold Palmer putter
Current Handicap 10
Located York Pa. United States
Current Driver Big Bertha Alpha 10.5 Degree
I agree to participate in thread.
requesting 70 GRAM S flex tipped 3/4inch
BB Adapter
I hit balls daily at range and play on weekends. I would analyze my shots on a daily basis in different wind conditions because the winds always change this time of year on the range on a daily basis. I would then do the same with my on course results. I would look at flight and dispersion on the range and the course.

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [color=#0000ff]TM 460 SLDR Fubuki Alpha X-Stiff[/color]
[*]What is your current handicap? 12
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? Calgary, Alberta, Canada
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? TM 460 SLDR
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [color=#0000ff]Most definitely[/color]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#0000ff]60 g X-flex[/color]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#0000ff]TM SLDR adapter[/color]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue. [color=#0000ff]Test on the driving range for height, dispersion and overall feel. Take it out on the course for distance testing. If the results are close to my current shaft then will take it to trackman to optimize spin/launch/etc.[/color]
[/list]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b][color=#b22222]TM M1 460 KuroKage Silver 60 S. TM 15° with Kai'li 80, 19 & 21° Rescue (Matrix Hmb), Ping i25[/color][/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b][color=#b22222]16[/color][/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [color=#b22222][b]Aurora, IL USA[/b][/color]
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?[b][color=#b22222] Taylor Made M1 460 Kuro Kage Silver 60 stiff[/color][/b]
[*][color="#282828"]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [/color][b][color=#b22222]Absolutely[/color][/b]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#b22222][b]60 g Stiff flex[/b][/color]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#b22222][b]Recommended tipping for M1, Taylor Made M1 adapter[/b][/color]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue. [color=#b22222][b]Use both indoor monitor/outdoor monitor for numbers along with real world range time to see if the numbers play out.[/b][/color]
[/list]

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1444093829' post='12415412']
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts is looking for 3 GolfWRXers to test the new TENSEI™ CK Blue shaft in their drivers and report back the results.

The TENSEI™ CK Series Blue shaft modernizes Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft’s classic, smooth “Blue” bend profile through the use of a multi-material design, including the Carbon-Kevlar (CK) weave in the butt section -- further refining the shaft’s overall bend profile and improving feel.

We appreciate your interest and support, and look forward to your feedback.

[b]HOW TO APPLY: [/b]
In the post below, provide answers to the following questions:[list]
[*]What is your current handicap?
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
[/list]
[b]SELECTION PROCESS:[/b]
Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shafts and GolfWRX will evaluate the applications and select 3 testers after the application thread is closed.

[attachment=2982042:GolfWRX_TENSEI-CK-Blue-Testing-Ad 1024x768.jpg]
[/quote]

playing new callaway great big bertha 10.5 with fujikura speeder 655 stiff shaft. handicap 1.8. live in Lenoir,NC would put this shaft in the callaway great big bertha for comparison. I have become an enthusiast of trying different shafts as I truly am convinced that the proper shaft is more important than the head itself. in experimenting I've found shafts in the 60 to 68 grams range are much more accurate and suited for my swing speed compared to lighter 50 gram shafts. I play 3 to 5 times a week and could put this new shaft to the test.

Thank you for the opportunity!!

What’s in your current bag?
TM SLDR 9.5 Diamana S+ 60x
SLDR 17* Kaili 80x
Mizzy JPX825Pro KBS Tour x
Vokey 54 and 58
TP Mills

What is your current handicap?

Where are you located (City, State, Country)?
Norfolk, VA, USA

What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in?
Taylormade SLDR 9.5*

If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft.
Yes!

Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)?
60X

Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable).
Standard

Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue.
I play 1-2 times a week (so long as it's above 50 and not raining or snowing). I've been using Diamana (some sort of Blue) shafts since 2006. I've tried/owned many: Redboard, Whiteboard, MANY Blueboards, Kaili, B Series, S+. I feel like I have a pretty good understanding of nuances. My testing would revolve around playing local golf courses that I frequent, compare and contrast against previous driver shafts as well as my current set up. Review would also talk to the workability, control and most importantly the feel of the shafts. I think a lot of people still crave the smoothness of the original Blueboards, obviously that would be a talking point. The SLDR head spins so little for me that it really lets the shaft speak. I've had 3 different shafts installed, and it's very clear how differently each shaft plays. I've also been using the same driver for 1.5 seasons, so distance and dispersion are fairly well marked.

Titleist TSR3 9 - Diamana GT 60 tx

Titleist TSi3 15 - Ventus Black 7x

Titleist TS2 18 - Diamana DF 80 tx

Mizuno Pro 223 $ Taper HT 130x

Vokey SM7 50F, 55S KBS Hi Rev 2.0 135x

Vokey SM9 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 125x

Ping PLD Kushin 4/TP Mills Dale/TP Mills Nellie

Pro V1

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [b]Titleist 913 D2 Diamana blueboard stiff[/b]
[*]What is your current handicap? [b]7,3[/b]
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [b]Apeldoorn, Gelderland, The Netherlands[/b]
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [b]10,5[/b]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [b]YES![/b]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [b]TENSEI 60 STIFF[/b]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [b]Left Handed Titleist 913[/b]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue. [b]Trackman, Course, Range, Stats[/b]
[/list]

[url="https://www.crispgolf.com"]CRISP GOLF[/url]

[color=#262626][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont,][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]"A golf apparel brand that is more progressive, more creative and above all, more in touch with and rooted in today’s modern golf culture. Scramble on!"[/background][/font][/color]

[list]
[*]What’s in your current bag? [color=#ff0000]R15 460 10.5* with Rogue Silver 60TX 125 - see sig for the rest of the bag make up[/color]
[*]What is your current handicap? [color=#ff0000]-3.0[/color]
[*]Where are you located (City, State, Country)? [color=#ff0000]Dallas, TX USA[/color]
[*]What driver (brand/model/loft) will you be installing this in? [color=#ff0000]TM R15 460 10.5[/color]
[*]If selected, do you agree to participate in an ongoing Mitsubishi Rayon / Graphite Shaft TENSEI™ CK Blue review thread? We ask that you provide hi-res, quality photos, and provide a review of the shaft. [color=#ff0000]Yes that is not an issue at all. [/color]
[*]Desired driver shaft weight and flex (reference product specification information for details)? [color=#ff0000]60 gram TX flex if available, 60 X if not.[/color]
[*]Please include any tipping instructions and OEM adapter (if applicable). [color=#ff0000]Straight in if TX flex, Tipped extra 3/4" if X flex, Taylormade R15 adapter cut to play at 44.5" installed[/color]
[*]Please explain how you would approach testing the TENSEI™ CK Blue. [color=#ff0000]I will compare the TENSEI on the driving range and golf course. I will compare it to my Aldila Rogue, Aldila Tour Green and GD Tour AD-DI. I will give honest feedback on the playability and performance of the shaft. I will likely be able to get on a launch monitor for exact comparisons. [/color]
[/list]
[color=#ff0000]Thanks for the opportunity![/color]