Golf Galaxy can't reshaft clubs very well

Topic title says it all!!! I have a cleveland comp head that has a .350 hosel bore and the V2 shaft that is in it is .335. Therefore thsy shimed it, ok fine. If you shim the club atleast put enough epoxy so the shaft doesn't spin in the head. I went golfing today and the first hole driver was fine, then after that I preceeded to hit driver for 8 more holes. All eight holes the same result Straight untill 150 yards, dead right! I then wonder why Im slicing when Im definatly hook swinging, I put one hand on the head and one on the grip, Viola! Retards at golf galaxy can't shaft clubs for s***! Now mind you this is the 4th time this has happened!! Fourth Time!!!!!!! I will have to drive 50 miles one way to fix the club and another 50 back, So being the fourth time fixing this club it has cost me 400 miles in gas money!!! approximately 40 dollars in gas and a dozen balls lost! My question is , am I out of line asking for a dozen of balls for my trouble and free fixing ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can appreciate you indignation, I edited your title. I'm just curious as to why they didn't use the right shaft to begin with. UST makes the V2 for .350 heads. Just seems odd to me. :drinks:

As for compensation, I don't think you're out of line asking that they make it right. Four times is certainly excessive regardless of how far you have to drive to get there (though your trek should warrant some extra consideration). Make sure you are happy with the manager's solution for resolution, and if you're not don't hesitate to take it up to corporate.

But...four times? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for a quad, shame on me. :rolleyes:

:hi:

using shims do not always work, they should but it could just be that club head's hosel that isn't taking to it for some reason. Normally you have to jam in in the hosel with a shim so if you have any amount of epoxy in there is should hold. I would have just forked out the $$ and got a 350 tip installed if you want it done the right way. Since more drivers are 350 tip now anyways you could always use it again.

native golfer -

While your editing, you may want to dig a little deeper in your thesaurus of a mind and come up with something a bit less offensive and infinitely more pc then "retards".

Consider yourself blessed that no one from your family, your friends or yourself must deal with derogatory slurrs throughout their life based on the way they were made by god.

Considerate and tactful your post was not and my wish is that this can be avoided in the future on a forum which prides itself on self-regulation and courtesy.

While I can appreciate you indignation, I edited your title. I'm just curious as to why they didn't use the right shaft to begin with. UST makes the V2 for .350 heads. Just seems odd to me. :tongue:

Had them put the .350 V2 shaft in my Ping G2 and have not had any problems at all. I had to wait an extra week to get the shaft, but it was worth it.

There is a shop near me that is just as bad. I had a 3W head fly off and a shaft start backing out. My buddy also had one back out and they sent it out for nearly a month. He go a dozen B330's off them though for the trouble. I started doing my own after my experience with them. There was only one other shop to choose from and that nutcase charges $53 for an install.

For what it's worth, Dick's Sports is doing clubwork now. The guy at the local one in my area is a former mini-tour pro and went to a PGA clubmaking school. Nice guy. I've yet to have them do any work but at $9 to pull a graphite shaft, not a bad deal.

I agree with beruo, why did they not use a .350 shaft in the first place. I guess you could do a couple of things first ask the manager why this keeps happening? also if this is the 4th time why did you go back to them after the second time?. I would ask them to replace the entire club and get it directly from Cleveland, let Cleveland re-shaft it from the factory. One question would Cleveland warranty the club even though another party shafted it?

mcca

But...four times? Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me for a quad, shame on me. :tongue:

The first bad encounter should be the last. Cmon, 4 times?

how do you make the first bad encounter the last?

i'd almost always give someone the benefit of the doubt and accept their mistake.

after four times of poor quality craftsmanship, i think the burden is always going to be on the store, never the consumer. how can you blame someone who's paid for a service and they've received nothing in return?

There is a shop near me that is just as bad. I had a 3W head fly off and a shaft start backing out. My buddy also had one back out and they sent it out for nearly a month. He go a dozen B330's off them though for the trouble. I started doing my own after my experience with them. There was only one other shop to choose from and that nutcase charges $53 for an install.

For what it's worth, Dick's Sports is doing clubwork now. The guy at the local one in my area is a former mini-tour pro and went to a PGA clubmaking school. Nice guy. I've yet to have them do any work but at $9 to pull a graphite shaft, not a bad deal.

Dick's and Golf Galaxy are one and the same after the aquisition.

My experience has been different. I know my GG club guy personally and I have had no problems with the work he has done for me.

well, this can't be a true representation of all the GG stores, but it is disappointing.

i was just at a GG store last weekend and it seemed up to par, but they didn't have much for irons.

Not one to Preach PC, but since you have called out a person, One might take the quote under your avatar as offensive... All it takes in this wonderful PC world of ours is for one person to be offended. So please hop on that and lets make your quote something a bit more PC and lets not make fun of our friends who dont speak the English language as well as you! Sorry I didnt mean to threadjack

This post is in reference to the post above from freelanceterry...

I recently had my irons reshafted and took them to a shop that does nothing but fit, build, and repair clubs. The owner's attention to his work was meticulous. He asked me to play 3 or 4 rounds and if any adjustments needed to be made he would do so at no cost (I had the lie angle adjusted by 2º). Between hitting balls, etc., I must have spent two hours with him.

He's a craftsman and takes great pride in his work. And he works very hard at keeping his reputation.

For those of you that live in the Boston area: http://www.whitesgolfstudio.net/

JFaht-

I can see your point about my quote - I can assure you that it was done with zero malice. It was an actual quote from an actual friend (not an actual picture) that he, I, and our group found very amusing. But I did delete it.

I'm far from the pc police. About as laid back as one can get. But for everyone there is a line and that's it for me.

Letting words that demean and offend people become non-offensive due to their commonality and "ease" of use, is not good practice.

I'm sure everyone has their own line - yours may be when people call other people out - I don't know. But surely you can't defend the use of the word and hopefully, I'm not the "one person to get offended". If I am - that's sad.

No offense intended towards anyone at all.

As for the original topic of this thread -

How many times do you or your friends swap/change/pull shafts? Might be cost-effective for you to invest in a puller, a heat gun, some epoxy and a book.

If you want something done right.....yatta yatta yatta

Hmmm

As sad as these numerous situations sound, I don't know if I would go about bashing the company as a whole. If there's any blame to be laid, it's on the managers of the individual stores for hiring incompetent people to run their pro shops, and being incompetent themselves for allowing this stuff to be going on under their management.

I work at Golf Town (which, from what I hear, is basically the Canadian equivalent to Golf Galaxy), and we have very high standards for repairs. All of our pro shop technicians are certified by the PCS. If anyone else is ever to do any work in there, at the very least their work needs to be approved by those technicians. As an example, I have a few of my club guys do regrips from time to time, but they can only be allowed to do so if my technician has supervised their work and deemed it ok. Aside from regripping & shaft trimming, all other work is done by him and only him.

It's very sad to see that some places are not taking much care in monitoring the quality of their repair work. That area can be a huge make-or-break for customer service, and obviously in these cases mentioned here it has been very detrimental to their company image.

If you want to make an impact, send an e-mail to GG's head office. Trust me, from my own personal experience, the higher up you go on the totem pole, the more problems it causes for people below. If you were to take this up with the store manager it may not have much of an impact. If you send a complaint to GG's head office, rest assured that they're going to absolutely sh-t on that store for operating so poorly (assuming their head office actually cares about customer service...one would hope they do).

Callaway Rogue ST Max LS w/Tensei Orange // Callaway Epic Flash 3W w/GD Tour AD IZ-7 // Adams Idea Pro a12 w/UST VTS //

Callaway X Forged 2018 5-PW w/PX Catalyst 100 // Callaway JAWS MD5 50* 54* 58* & Full Toe 64* w/PX Catalyst 80 // Odyssey O-Works #7 Tank 38"

electrolium, I don't know how to tell you this with out you thinking i am being a smarty pants, i really mean no offense, but in america business run a little different. golf galaxy highers a bunch of "know it all" zit faced kids because they work cheap, and every couple of months the whole staff is new.

All big companies in the US to some extent don't have the employee retention like they used too. Labor here is not what it used to be. Our government keeps passing laws so that things like plastics can't be made here anymore (everything is because of the enviroment) so we get everything made in china where they have no business laws, and then they polute the enviroment even more than we would have in the first place. In the lower jobs everyone is expendable, and no one works their way to the top. The companies won't let you and don't respect you as an employee.

Also, it's a good thing but we have to pay our own health insurance, this is usually split between the employer and the employee, and while it is a good thing that we have the freedom to choose our health care provider, the system has gotten so expensive from all the lawsuits, and paying for people who don't want to get insurance (e.g. illegals and lazy people) that more and more people (especially in the low paying side of the golf industry) have to look for other sources of income.

so in general the service part of our country has gone down hill. I am not saying all companies, because I know some companies like ping do really good service, but anything "Big Box" and especially "big box service companies" has really gotten bad, nobody cares anymore.

Just to give you an idea, most of my employees cost about $2000 for 3 months of health insurance, I pay 1/2 wich is ok to me, but to the lower incomes seems like a lot of money, that is $4000 per year plus deductable that the employee must pay right out of his wage. A fair figure would be maybe $500 for 3 months if things hadn't gotten so far our of hand.

• 2 weeks later...

The 4th time was the charm, I know alot of people say why did I keep going back ? Well im old school, I paid for a shaft that fits and will not come off! It took me 4 times but I didnt pay 100 bucks for nothing! I learned at the time the GG store I went to didnt have .350 v2's at the time, so they shimed it. I learned that they orderd a .350 v2 after the second time they reshafted my club. The 4th time I had a choice of a different shaft but I went back to the v2 is just out performs anything I've hit so far. I got the .350 v2 now and its doing well! Im glad I just went back because I would've been a fool to pay for a service that wasn't quality! :partytime2: