2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Garmin G10

Has anyone tried the new g10? Theres been many using the new s20, but have not seen or heard anything about the g10. It still seems unavailable in Canada, golftown announced feb24, and now got pushed back to march9. My pre-order on amazing still says unavailable.

If anyone has tried it out let me know what you think

Thanks

g.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I've had no problems with the sunlight. When I have it clipped on my belt it is easy enough to see that I don't even need to remove it from my belt to see the yardage, I can just glance down. I've played with it both on my belt and in my pocket, it is small enough that I don't notice it in either spot.

Great thanks for the feedback, I got mine 2 days but still didnt get the chance to use it

I just got one of these today. Am excited to use it on Friday for the first time!

I think it's kinda bogus that it didn't come with a charger you can plug in the wall, only a USB cable. I often go away for the weekend somewhere to play and don't want to bring my laptop with me only to charge the batteries. Just ordered an adapter online though.

I also had some trouble with updating it. It says it can't fit all the courses so I have to choose my destination, but that doesn't work. Even if I only click on one of the three destinations, it still says there isn't room. I can't figure out how to delete what's already in it? Hopefully it will have the courses I want to play in it now, but this summer I am going to the States and I would like to be able to change it to cover courses over there as well. Not sure how that will work.

If anyone is interested, I can give an update this weekend how it worked for me.

I just got one of these today. Am excited to use it on Friday for the first time!

I think it's kinda bogus that it didn't come with a charger you can plug in the wall, only a USB cable. I often go away for the weekend somewhere to play and don't want to bring my laptop with me only to charge the batteries. Just ordered an adapter online though.

I also had some trouble with updating it. It says it can't fit all the courses so I have to choose my destination, but that doesn't work. Even if I only click on one of the three destinations, it still says there isn't room. I can't figure out how to delete what's already in it? Hopefully it will have the courses I want to play in it now, but this summer I am going to the States and I would like to be able to change it to cover courses over there as well. Not sure how that will work.

If anyone is interested, I can give an update this weekend how it worked for me.

Why can't you just use a standard USB wall charger like those you get with your phone or tablet? That's what I've used for the last 2 golf GPS devices with no ill effect. Just don't use some cheap after market knockoff and instead use something from Samsung, Apple, LG, Google, Roku or other reputable brand and you should be fine.

I am interested in any updates you can provide.

stevegp

First round with the G10 went well, I'm happy with it. Distances seam accurate and getting distances to hazards was easy and a welcome addition! I measured a few of my shots, and that too was easy to do. I didn't use the score keeping or anything else, and neither was I not looking to do anything else either apart from these things. When my round was done, it showed how long I had walked and how long time the round took, which I thought was a nice touch. Battery was good too.

I guess I kinda wished it was a watch though, just cause I think that's more practical, lol. I started the round with it attached to my bag, but after the first hole, I put it in my pocket instead. It's cold still and I wore I jacket today, so it was convenient. Don't think I'll put it on my belt buckle.

Cheers,

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Have it. Love it. Clip it to my belt. It's totally unobtrusive there. Switched from a watch because I hate wearing watches. Easy to clip on and off of belt, very secure there. Can also glance down and see yardage without unclipping. I also like to use it to measure distances of shots to get my yardages dialed in.

Only negative- it was pretty far off from some GPS units on carts when I played at Angeles National. That made me a little nervous. I still think the ultimate combo is a GPS plus a rangefinder.

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

When you clip it to your belt, can you clip it upside down so when you look down at the display the display is right side up.....if that mkes sense.

I think so, although it wouldn't be as secure as clipping it right side up, and I'd be worried about it falling off at some point. I'm not sure it would be any easier to read that way either. It's pretty easy to read off of your belt when it is clipped on right side up.

Driver - TM Mini BRNR 11.5, HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5

2i- Ping Blueprint

3i-PW - TM P7MB, KBS Tour X

Wedges - Vokey SM9 (52, 56, 60) all M grinds

Putter - PLD Anser

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

Returned my G10. Liked it but it was just too inaccurate. Too many times it was 10 yards off the sprinkler head I was standing beside (took time to see if it would adjust). Coming from a Skycaddie SGX which was very good for distances I couldn't handle the discrepancies. I don't need exact yardages but this was too much. It made me doubt myself and that's not good. Got the Touch and I know that the yardages are close enough.

Cause I'm technologically challenged? Lol, I guess you are right, but I would still have liked to get one specifically for this.

I just purchased the S20 and it doesn't come with a wall adapter either. I have found that the iPhone wall adapters work great including their small size. The only con with using one of these is the white color is a little unsightly. I agree with you that it would have been a nice touch from Garmin to include a wall adapter, especially since many USB ports go to sleep with the unused computer.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Returned my G10. Liked it but it was just too inaccurate. Too many times it was 10 yards off the sprinkler head I was standing beside (took time to see if it would adjust). Coming from a Skycaddie SGX which was very good for distances I couldn't handle the discrepancies. I don't need exact yardages but this was too much. It made me doubt myself and that's not good. Got the Touch and I know that the yardages are close enough.

Hmm interesting, mine is consistently +/-2 from my friends bushnell rangefinder, which is prob just due to the pins placement. Consistently within 4-5yrds from the teebox yardage, and tested it yestrday after reading your post, standinf at the 100yrd marker I had 99yrd. So not sure how its that innacurate for you? Anyone else having this issue?