2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Redirect Issues

The ad scanning software picked up some info today, of which all has now been blocked. I'll stay out of any "discussion" and just keep trying to find the things and block them. One thing which might be worth a try for ipad safari users which i came across the weekend is. In Settings> Privacy> Advertising (bottom of page), you might want to turn on "limit ad tracking", no clue if this is triggering them for reported instances as it could be triggered in a multitude of ways (adware, "bad ads", cookies, tracking pixels, etc etc). I just try to find, block, delete the things as fast as i can, to try and keep things running as smooth as possible for you guys.

I dot the ad a couple times this morning, then it pretty much stopped. But I did what you said to do in settings anyway. Hopefully it will help,even more.

Thanks.

FWIW, I've had the limit ad tracking set to on the entire time. So I tend to doubt that it will be helpful in this case.

Well that's a bummer, hoped it might make a difference. I suppose it won't hurt anything to leave it on anyway.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ad scanning software picked up some info today, of which all has now been blocked. I'll stay out of any "discussion" and just keep trying to find the things and block them. One thing which might be worth a try for ipad safari users which i came across the weekend is. In Settings> Privacy> Advertising (bottom of page), you might want to turn on "limit ad tracking", no clue if this is triggering them for reported instances as it could be triggered in a multitude of ways (adware, "bad ads", cookies, tracking pixels, etc etc). I just try to find, block, delete the things as fast as i can, to try and keep things running as smooth as possible for you guys.

And you do a great job and we are thankful. No idea why expensiveautodude had to drop in and take a crap in this thread.

And you call me snarky ? I have no dog in this hunt. I'm just offering THIRTY PLUS YEARS of computer programming and analysis experience to help solve the problem.

And while I'm a mainframe guy rather than a PC/internet sort there's still some commonalitymething to be said for computer problem solving. I have no doubt golffinder is doing all he can.

And meanwhile, while denigrating my thoughts of the matter, calling them "wrong", etc. while offering zero reason why they're wrong, you OTOH have not offered a single reason why I'm "wrong", nor contributed anything other than YOUR snarkiness.

As for the problem itself I have an acquaintance who is expert level at this sort of thing. I have no idea whether he knows more or less than golffinder but when I get some info, I will be glad to post it here and hope it will help - unlike your contributions (or rather lack of same).

Hopefully what golffinder has found already will cure the problem.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

And you do a great job and we are thankful. No idea why expensiveautodude had to drop in and take a crap in this thread.

And you call me snarky ? I have no dog in this hunt. I'm just offering THIRTY PLUS YEARS of computer programming and analysis experience to help solve the problem.

And while I'm a mainframe guy rather than a PC/internet sort there's still some commonalitymething to be said for computer problem solving. I have no doubt golffinder is doing all he can.

And meanwhile, while denigrating my thoughts of the matter, calling them "wrong", etc. while offering zero reason why they're wrong, you OTOH have not offered a single reason why I'm "wrong", nor contributed anything other than YOUR snarkiness.

As for the problem itself I have an acquaintance who is expert level at this sort of thing. I have no idea whether he knows more or less than golffinder but when I get some info, I will be glad to post it here and hope it will help - unlike your contributions (or rather lack of same).

I have over 30 years experience in IT, too. I'm not going to school you on this particular problem as you haven't even taken the time to understand how the problem has already been defined in this thread.

The burden is on you to show how we are wrong. That's how you jumped into the thread--you were right and we were wrong. Fine, show us specifically how that is true rather than making vague hand waving gestures and then making an erroneous appeal to authority about your "experience."

I have over 30 years experience in IT, too. I'm not going to school you on this particular problem as you haven't even taken the time to understand how the problem has already been defined in this thread.

The burden is on you to show how we are wrong. That's how you jumped into the thread--you were right and we were wrong. Fine, show us specifically how that is true rather than making vague hand waving gestures and then making an erroneous appeal to authority about your "experience."

"Erroneous appeal" Gracie ? I was right and you were wrong ???

I hope you're a bit more accurate when really working with IT.

I never said I was right NOR you guys were wrong.

In point of fact it is you who told me I was wrong without any opinion(s) or fact to back it up. I suggested what I believed was likely.

I will inform the board and/or golffinder directly what I've heard from my acquaintance when I hear from him although I suspect golffinder is already headed in the right direction.

Meanwhile, I wonder if any of the guys having these problems, especially those who have them consistently, have done what golffinder has asked ? That is, before clicking on something to note what it is they're clicking on and, IF they get re-directed, to report the link they clicked on to golffinder (as he has previously asked).

Ping Glide Pro 48*

In point of fact it is you who told me I was wrong without any opinion(s) or fact to back it up. I suggested what I believed was likely.

I will inform the board and/or golffinder directly what I've heard from my acquaintance when I hear from him although I suspect golffinder is already headed in the right direction.

Meanwhile, I wonder if any of the guys having these problems, especially those who have them consistently, have done what golffinder has asked ? That is, before clicking on something to note what it is they're clicking on and, IF they get re-directed, to report the link they clicked on to golffinder (as he has previously asked).

If you'd read the thread, you'd see that multiple individuals have followed golffinder's instructions and the problem continues to reoccur. Why do you persist in not reading the thread? That's pretty poor demonstration of analyst skills when you refuse to listen to the users that are raising an issue.

As far as your friend, they may be of help and they may not. They may be the wrong person entirely.

But again, you might be of help if you invested a little bit of time catching up on the thread. No one should have to bring you up to speed and you're rehashing pieces that have already been addressed.

If you'd read the thread, you'd see that multiple individuals have followed golffinder's instructions and the problem continues to reoccur. Why do you persist in not reading the thread? That's pretty poor demonstration of analyst skills when you refuse to listen to the users that are raising an issue.

As far as your friend, they may be of help and they may not. They may be the wrong person entirely.

But again, you might be of help if you invested a little bit of time catching up on the thread. No one should have to bring you up to speed and you're rehashing pieces that have already been addressed.

YOU may have an eidetic memory but I don't. And the vast majority of posts are from WAY before mid-May. THAT is why I "couldn't be bothered" to read (back on) the entire thread.

But what I DID do was read from when the thread was woken back up in mid-May and NOBODY , including YOURSELF, has given gf the link they CLICKED ON before getting the re-direct. Even YOU posted the link you were RE-DIRECTED to, NOT the one you clicked on to get there. He's gotten that a dozen times/

In point of fact you posted the same useless info not once but THREE times (Posts 133, 135 and 149) and then just complained about it multiple times after that.

So who's trying to help and who's just trolling ?

So shuffle off Matthew. You're not helping. You're simply arguing for the thrill of it. At least I'm trying to help.

Go back to trolling Dienekes41; at least he (somewhat) deserves your attention.

Now I am DONE with you. When I hear back from my friend I'll follow through,,,,, as in my previous post. :air_kiss:

Ping Glide Pro 48*

YOU may have an eidetic memory but I don't. And the vast majority of posts are from WAY before mid-May. THAT is why I "couldn't be bothered" to read (back on) the entire thread.

But what I DID do was read from when the thread was woken back up in mid-May and NOBODY , including YOURSELF, has given gf the link they CLICKED ON before getting the re-direct. Even YOU posted the link you were RE-DIRECTED to, NOT the one you clicked on to get there. He's gotten that a dozen times/

In point of fact you posted the same useless info not once but THREE times (Posts 133, 135 and 149) and then just complained about it multiple times after that.

So who's trying to help and who's just trolling ?

So shuffle off Matthew. You're not helping. You're simply arguing for the thrill of it. At least I'm trying to help.

Go back to trolling Dienekes41; at least he (somewhat) deserves your attention.

Now I am DONE with you. When I hear back from my friend I'll follow through,,,,, as in my previous post. :air_kiss:

Well, you've proven my point. You jumped in and crapped on the thread. There's nothing you've provided that helps anyone--including golffinder.

So it's clear, I am quite certain that the root cause of this is a server-side problem--ads that place a cookie on iOS devices and that cookie then causes the redirect--rather than a client-side problem--i.e., adware on the iOS device.

Evidence pointing to this is that the problem only occurs for many of us on this site and this site only. Also, as golffinder blocks the sites, the problem goes away even if coookies aren't always cleared.

This means the root cause fix needs to come from the forum software vendor or Golfwrx needs to change a server configuration parameter. Golfffinder has noted that the parameter change has been researched and none was found. Therefore, this needs to be escalated to the forum vendor.

Bandaid fixes on the client-side are to either use the mobile site UI or to enable a content blocker. Unfortunately, both of those options create other problems.

Or just get rid of ads but I doubt thT is financially feasible.

one question that i've not asked on this, are you all getting them on just the forums or you getting them on any of the "home' pages, articles etc?

I'm usually not on anything but the forums.

anyone been getting these the last couple of days?

I haven't had one in the last couple days, "knock on wood"

smart.nx, any info can give me: device, os, browser, which site skin (mobile or "normal"), any screenshotsm or urls you can get/ see? and what page are you on on the site when get it?

iPad Air, iOS 10.3.2, Safari, normal skin

URL: http://www.google.com-win-iphone.goodgoodmanman.com/home/valid?jkhjkhetjkewhkjth=5273caf6d910563ac69fbcf3024eafab_56dc77aba74544d1851bb0cd34474c24_MzY3_Mjc0_NTMz_Mg==_MA==_MzM0Njk0XzIyMTM=_aHR0cDovL3d3dy5nb29nbGUuY29tLXdpbi1pcGhvbmUuZ29vZGdvb2RtYW5tYW4uY29t

• 2 weeks later...

smart.nx, any info can give me: device, os, browser, which site skin (mobile or "normal"), any screenshotsm or urls you can get/ see? and what page are you on on the site when get it?

iPad Air, iOS 10.3.2, Safari, normal skin

URL: http://www.google.co...2RtYW5tYW4uY29t

Happening to me on my iPad in the putter forum. Keeps redirecting to a site that says I won an amazon gift card

Gentlemen,

He doesn't want the site/URL you are being re-directed TO.

He wants you to note, in one way or another, the link you're clicking on HERE that "causes" the re-direct.

Ping Glide Pro 48*