2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Bushnell Neo Ion Watch

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear any feedback as well...

Titleist TSi2 [9*] Graphite Design AD-DI 6S

Titleist TSi3 [15.0*] Graphite Design AD-DI 7S
Titleist TSi3 [20*] Graphite Design AD-HY 8S
Titleist 718 AP2 [4-PW] TTDG AMT Tour White
Titleist SM6 [50.12F/54.08M/60.08M] TTDG
Scotty Cameron Champions Choice Newport +

I've had mine for several weeks now and wear it as my everyday watch. Really comfortable to wear with the silicon bands and it is pretty light weight. Battery life is pretty good. I was able to get 3 rounds in on one charge during a golf filled weekend. Performance on the course is great. Yardages are accurate to within, I would say, 3 yards when compared to other GPS devices.

The watch has a shot distance feature so you can measure how far you hit it which I really like. Also provides distances to bunkers and other hazards. Even has a step counter.

Not as flashy as the Garmin S6, but does everything it needs to well without all the unnecessary bells and whistles like score keeping and touch screen.

TM Superfast 1.0 10.5 deg w/ Kai'Li
TM 2017 M2 15 deg
Adams Idea Tour Proto 20deg
Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

So, I use the Neo XS GPS watch and used the Neo X before that. Other than the newer model offering some new color selections, and two additional hazards per hole, it was exactly the same watch.

So, you can tell I like these Bushnell watches....so I've also been curious about the Ion watch too. I saw one in the store the other day and honestly looks bigger and thicker to me. Looking at the feature list, it doesn't have anything new at all. The side buttons seem to protrude more the the XS model and I don't think it comes in WHITE....and I love my white XS model. That being said, if you like the Bushnell GPS watch, I'd recommend buying the XS model all day long....also for what it's worth, the XS battery life is amazing as was the X, each round takes ONE dash of battery and it these watches have FOUR dashes when fully charged.

My only concern is what I'm going to do with my XS once I purchase Shotscope! Hope this helps.....

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

I have the Neo-X and agree with what Trane5 says. Honestly other than external styling I see no difference between the ion and the XS, yet the XS can be purchased for $130 vs $199 for the ion.

As for the Bushnell XS v the Garmin S20. I've been tracking closely to the reviews about the S20 as I've been contemplating an upgrade to my X. I love the fact that the S20 has all the hazards per hole instead of 4. I also love the fact that all Garmin's have true near/far green distance based on your approach angle, whereas all Bushnell use a fixed point at the front/back of the green. I also think the fitness tracking capability of the S20 make it a compelling replacement for a fitness activity band.

What I don't like about the S20 is that its odometer relies on your steps/arm swing to measure how far you've walked(someone tested this for me), whereas the Bushnell products use the GPS to track your distance walked. This is a problem w/the S20 if you use a push cart because your arms don't swing and therefore you will not have all your steps counted, rendering the odometer and activity monitoring unreliable during a round.

I'm probably going to sit on the fence another season since my X still works great, plus I added a laser to the bag last year-- so I have a great combo.

The pedometer is a new feature on ion. Turn it on and your step count displays on the clock screen. I've also heard through the grapevine that a white model is also being released soon.

TM 2017 M2 15 deg
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Played a round with a demo (from our pro shop). The round GPS info was very accurate and the pedometer seemed to be more realistic than the Fitbit info. The only issue for me was that there is no way to see current time without getting out of the round. I verified this with Bushnell support. I wear a regular watch and use a Bushnell rangefinder currently.

Played a round with a demo (from our pro shop). The round GPS info was very accurate and the pedometer seemed to be more realistic than the Fitbit info. The only issue for me was that there is no way to see current time without getting out of the round. I verified this with Bushnell support. I wear a regular watch and use a Bushnell rangefinder currently.

You can see the time while in golf mode if you press the select button twice. Pressing once shows you the hazards yardages on the hole you are on. Pressing a second time brings you to another screen that shows you elapsed time, distance covered as well as the time.

TM 2017 M2 15 deg
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Just saw an email ad from In The Hole Golf. They are now selling white ions. They are blue and white. Note really my cup of tea, but someone out there will like them.

TM 2017 M2 15 deg
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

• 2 weeks later...

Neo X user here-lately the end which plugs into the usb port is acting strange-gotta bend it to find a position where it charges the watch. Tried it on many different usb devices. PITA. I'm past warranty. Any suggestions, besides buying a new one

Call Bushnell, buy a new cord. I think they are about $10.

Neo X user here-lately the end which plugs into the usb port is acting strange-gotta bend it to find a position where it charges the watch. Tried it on many different usb devices. PITA. I'm past warranty. Any suggestions, besides buying a new one

Call Bushnell, buy a new cord. I think they are about $10.

Thanks, I'll try them today

Try cleaning the watch and charger contacts with a Q-tip and alcohol. Crud from your body and sunscreen, etc can build up over time and prevent good contact.

TM 2017 M2 15 deg
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

The pedometer is a new feature on ion. Turn it on and your step count displays on the clock screen. I've also heard through the grapevine that a white model is also being released soon.

My Neo x has the distance walked feature.

The ion also has an odometer feature where you can get total distance traveled, but this requires the GPS to be on - therefore, much higher power consumption. Pedometer just gives you your step count and the battery will last much longer.

TM 2017 M2 15 deg
TM xFT 52, 56, 60
Seemore FGP mallet

Try cleaning the watch and charger contacts with a Q-tip and alcohol. Crud from your body and sunscreen, etc can build up over time and prevent good contact.

Thanks man-actually its the other end-the usb end-tried it in many different devices including a wall plug.

Thanks man-actually its the other end-the usb end-tried it in many different devices including a wall plug.

Phoned them yesterday-a new free cord coming by mail

I had a Neo X GPS watch a couple years ago and the GPS portion of the watch stoppst working after 13 months of use. As their 12 month warranty goes, my watch was past it's guarantee by one month. They told me to send it in anyway to "see what they could do". They not only sent me a brand new watch but they sent me a brand new upgraded model to that all the Neo XS. Still using and enjoying the XS.

My thanks to Bushnell for great CS!

• 2 weeks later...

NEO XS user here.

Simplicity is a great thing! Does all I need without any hassle. Too many golfers are fiddling around with shot measuring devices these days slowing down course play, but the Neo Xs is so easy and fast that it doesn't slow down play.

I still use the Neo X and I like it. Its simple and easy to use. Saying that I wish Bushnell made a touchscreen model similar to the Garmin s series. I don't need any of the TruSwing features but it would be nice to click on a spot to get different yardages or to have customizable distances.

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

Bought a Neo Ion the other day while Dick's had a flash sale. I've used it for 2 rounds at 2 courses and the yardages are pretty spot on. Checked against a laser on a few holes, and had 1-3 yd difference. The features are pretty basic. The only thing I've used it for are front/middle/back yardages and measuring shot distances. It's extremely light, comfortable to wear on my wrist, and the battery life should last another round or two.

Bought a Neo Ion the other day while Dick's had a flash sale. I've used it for 2 rounds at 2 courses and the yardages are pretty spot on. Checked against a laser on a few holes, and had 1-3 yd difference. The features are pretty basic. The only thing I've used it for are front/middle/back yardages and measuring shot distances. It's extremely light, comfortable to wear on my wrist, and the battery life should last another round or two.

I had a Neo xs watch that I enjoy, and I am finding the front of green feature very valuable, especially for higher cappers. With "fog" info I know how far I actually have to carry the ball to get it on the green. With roll out, as most higher hcs experience, I can't hit it all the way to the flag because it would most likely roll off the back, so as long as I get it on the front I am usually close enough to the flag.