2024 Fedex St Jude WITB Photos ×

Am I the only one on this forum...

Sean2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like everyone on this forum blasts the ball 300+. Perhaps I should find a forum for "short" hitters. :bad:

I agree wholeheartedly. I drive the ball an honest 250-260 yrds in normal conditions, routinely play 4-5 days a week, always as a single, have played all over the country, most of it in California....and I don't run across too many people who put it very much past me, if at all. Sure, every now and then I run afoul of the odd ape who puts it 25-40+ yrds past me, but I can count that occurance on one hand.

Either people are exaggerating....heaven forbid, or I need to get out even more often. :ok:

Why are ya worrying about it?

That's actually a very good question. I never really thought about it. Perhaps I am jealous? Frustrated? I don't know, but I'll have to think about that one.

Anyway, thanks for the question. :bad:

ps: I was playing a round with two big hitters. They got up around a par 5 green in two. I got on in 4. They bogeyed. I made par.

Most people on here don't drive it close to 300 yards or swing 110 mph. Maybe its the particular threads you are viewing that leads to that conclusion. If you are looking at X flex shaft help etc, those guys to tend to drive it longer.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

my average is 265-280 yards, but then 1-2 times a round I hit it over 300 yards (for eg. today i had two drives in the 325 range, next highest was 275-280 yards...)

which ones do i remember more.... easily the two drives... both on par 5s (where i know I can recover from a bad shot)....allows me to take a whack at it... but thats what people talk about on these forums, their longest drives...not the average..

having said that... i was in the 240-250 yard range and not consistent at all, used to spray..... as i become more consistent (equipment change + slowing down the swing and reducing backswing) plus I started working out 4-5 times a week focused on building the golf muscles, core,, i started going longer....

point is... to get longer, you have to work both on and off (gym) the course....

I found this on the Internet and the article pertained to golf facts. In part, this is what the author had to say:

The driver swing speed of an average lady golfer is 62mph; 96mph for an average LPGA professional; 84mph for an average male golfer; 108mph for an average PGA Tour player; 130mph for Tiger Woods; 148-152mph for a national long drive champion. The next time you hear someone say professional golfers are not athletes, clue them in on this. 1 mph of swing speed increase = 1.5mph of ball velocity increase = 3 yards of carry distance increase.

My SS is 110+ and I can get the ball in the 300 range quite often. Having said that, I don't use the driver that often. Depending on the course I'm playing, there are rounds where I don't hit it once. I've fallen in love w/ my TM V-steel 3W and can really hit the you-know-what out of it. On short par 4s, I find myself using a 4/5i more often than not. Now, if I could only avoid couple blow up holes a round, I would be a low single digit. As is, I'm hovering around 10 :bad:

Chit load of Maltbys - TS2 irons, KE4 TC Driver & 4 wood, TSW 54* & 60* wedges, PTM5 Mallet putter

I can put them out there when I catch it solid. My swing speed is 105 and I 24. I have found the best part of my laser is seeing how far I out drive my 53 year old dad. On a dry course with a nice draw I out drove him by 77 yards on Father's Day :bad: He didn't hit it well though, and I really popped it 305.

Hey now, just a darn minute. I'm 52...be nice to dad. :-) My 13 year old son and I played a few days ago. We were on a 465 yard par 5 and he hit his drive to the 200 yard stake right in the middle of the fairway. Do the math. I wasn't even close. But my short game is much better. LOL

my average is 265-280 yards, but then 1-2 times a round I hit it over 300 yards (for eg. today i had two drives in the 325 range, next highest was 275-280 yards...)
I'm the same way, about 250 or so average for me. But once or twice during a round, usually after I'm fairly warmed up, I'll catch one that goes 300+. I don't know how much is in the air vs. roll, but I do measure the big ones with the GPS. I really have to come out of my shoes to get those, and I only count the ones that land in the fairway. I think it's really a matter of loading the shaft, which is something I am just now learning how to do. I think if you have the right equipment, a sound golf swing, and are fit enough you can swing it 300 too.

I can put them out there when I catch it solid. My swing speed is 105 and I 24. I have found the best part of my laser is seeing how far I out drive my 53 year old dad. On a dry course with a nice draw I out drove him by 77 yards on Father's Day :bad: He didn't hit it well though, and I really popped it 305.

Hey now, just a darn minute. I'm 52...be nice to dad. :-) My 13 year old son and I played a few days ago. We were on a 465 yard par 5 and he hit his drive to the 200 yard stake right in the middle of the fairway. Do the math. I wasn't even close. But my short game is much better. LOL

He usually beats me because he is always in the middle of the fairway. I am...not. His short game doesn't do much to beat me because I learned from him. That is how I can get away with missing fairways. Father's Day took two birdies on the last two holes for me to beat him.

My dad is 43 and he out drives me by 60 yards everytime. He did win a couple of state championships in his high school days hitting a 280 yard persimmion driver so he is pretty good. Still a 4 handicap after taking 10 years off the game to raise my lazy arse. He averages about 290 off the tee, it is pretty crazy what he can do. He played the cascades course at the homestead in VA. and shot a 69!! he smoked it

I think I hit 3 300 yarders ever. If I hit over 275 I'm doing backflips!

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

He usually beats me because he is always in the middle of the fairway. I am...not. His short game doesn't do much to beat me because I learned from him. That is how I can get away with missing fairways. Father's Day took two birdies on the last two holes for me to beat him.

Well, I'm glad he is still giving you a run for your money. Give him my best. :-)

My dad is 43 and he out drives me by 60 yards everytime. He did win a couple of state championships in his high school days hitting a 280 yard persimmion driver so he is pretty good. Still a 4 handicap after taking 10 years off the game to raise my lazy arse. He averages about 290 off the tee, it is pretty crazy what he can do. He played the cascades course at the homestead in VA. and shot a 69!! he smoked it

Very impressive! Unfortunately my son doesn't have that benefit. His father (that would be me), is a mid-handicapper with higher (or should I say lower) aspirations.

i average 260ish off the tee with the driver, but usually once or twice a round, i will make that perfect contact and get out there closer to 290...

then of course you have those once every 2-3 rounds, you get that perfect poke, downwind maybe that gets out there 300+...

i recall my last one vividly... 480 yard par 5, wind helping, i had 130 into the green... next time i played there, i had 190 into the green... (and i hit a pretty nice drive too)...

i do play with 2 guys that regularly out them out there 290+ though...

I'm a 270-280 kind of guy normally... but have been known to knock one 300+ on occasion.. usually downwind and downhill.. last week I had one in the 360 range..dont ask me how but I got witnesses.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven