2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Tour V Shaft users?

Hondabuff

Question for you guys using the Tour V shafts. Just got back from the range with my 714 AP2's with reshafted Tour V's and was really impressed with the feel and shot dispersion. The towering height might take awhile to get used to since I switched out from AMT S300's. I was playing into a 10mph headwind at the range and was a full club to club and a half short on my distances. My last few balls I went to the far right side of the range and was hitting into a 45 degree headwind and the Tour V's really showed their muscle and now I was a full club longer then my S300's. Is this something I will just have to get used to or is the Tour Vs just bad into the wind? I didn't try altering my trajectory and was just in a feeling out stage at the moment. The ball wasn't really ballooning but was very high. The AP2's now feel alive and powerful compare to heavy/clanky with the S300's.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Theyre a high launch shaft and hard to keep down in general.. I had very little luck with them. They feel great, launch well, and if you can manage to keep some spin off the shot, they're great. I felt like every shot was in danger of ballooning without the wind, and into the wind, I had a few really bad rounds.

However, I've considered them for my 3-4 irons..

Theyre a high launch shaft and hard to keep down in general.. I had very little luck with them. They feel great, launch well, and if you can manage to keep some spin off the shot, they're great. I felt like every shot was in danger of ballooning without the wind, and into the wind, I had a few really bad rounds.

I will be interested to see how they launch a Prov1x ball out on the course. The western PA course I play require a high ball flight to stick a lot of the greens and the S300's were no doubt a low ball flight. My slow tempo seems to fit the profile of the Tour V's perfectly so I will just have to see how it plays out. I brought my Tour Striker to the range that has the KBS Tour shaft in it and didn't really seem to make a difference into the wind or cross the wind.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I will be interested to see how they launch a Prov1x ball out on the course. The western PA course I play require a high ball flight to stick a lot of the greens and the S300's were no doubt a low ball flight. My slow tempo seems to fit the profile of the Tour V's perfectly so I will just have to see how it plays out. I brought my Tour Striker to the range that has the KBS Tour shaft in it and didn't really seem to make a difference into the wind or cross the wind.

It was a battle for me to not use them.. I tried them out mid season last year coming from TI X100's (talk about different feeling shafts..) lol. They felt good, and I gained overall distance with my 4i since it elevated so much easier, but on a comparison between flushed shots, the tour V's lost me distance. Playing into the wind was almost impossible too. BUT, they were honestly just fun to use. It's like the ball just flies off the face of the club and launches sooo easy.

I think they may have had some better potential if they'd been hardstepped once or twice, but as far as flighting goes, they don't hold much of a candle to C-tapers. I did really enjoy the Tour V's on partial swings though. If I could've kept them lower, they'd be in my wedges for sure.. but that's where a lower ball flight is really needed and I just don't have the ability to really fight my equipment like that.

It sounds like they fit your situation and course play well though! Everything has it's drawbacks too. If it's easy to flight, it's harder to launch, and vice-versa. I'm sure taking two extra clubs and choking down would give just fine results into the wind too. Just need to learn to play them a little different in different situations.

The biggest surprise was the spin though.. I spun them too much, but that being said, they didn't spin as much as I expected them to with the launch they have. I've heard a few people talk of playing a flex stiffer or a half flex (hard stepping) and getting good results. Maybe even just hard stepping the 7-pw would make a good difference as well!

I gamed KBS tour 130x's in one of my Miura sets for half the season and honestly, they might flight a little easier than the Tour V's, but they spin more IMO, and I'd rather hit the Tour -v's

I played tour v x stiff in my s55. Loved those shafts.

For me they spun less then x100's and were better into the wind.

Loved the feel of them. Nice and smooth and always felt in control.

Highly recommend them!

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I had the Tour Issue s400's in my AP2's when I first got them and liked the flight but I just didn't score well with them. After about 10 holes the added weight started to rear its ugly head. The AMT's seem to fit the bill but I struggled with my short irons but excelled once I got into the mid and long irons due to the weight. I tried the Tour V 125's in my wedges and had a career day at Mystic Rock which is a Pete Dye course and every green was a upside down bowl. The year before with the S400's I would hit some low shots with a ton of spin but would not hold the greens and would release. This year with the Tour V's I hit some wedge shots that were a lot higher that landed most straight down that left me easy putts. Super accurate and super easy to get the ball up instead of getting the ball out even though the distances were the same. I'm going to game these through the fall and see how they work out.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I just got them in my new set of irons. I see KBS does not rate them as high launch. They are referred to as both low and mid launch on their web site. I love the feel, almost more so than my previous C-Taper Lites, which really launched high. Need more rounds to give a better opinion.

Callaway Rogue Max LS Driver, 9 degrees, Tensei Blue shaft

Mizuno ST180 5 wood

Ping G425 Max 7 wood
Srixon ZX4 4 iron
Srixon ZX5 irons 5-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 shafts

Cleveland RTX6 48* wedge

Cleveland Zipcore 54* wedge
Cleveland RTX 58* full face wedge
Nike Method Core Drone 2.0 putter 34"

I got to hit some shots with my AP2's last night and I'm really loving the Tour V's. Just so easy to hit and they are longer then my DG S300 AMT's. I would say my whole set feels like my DGS300 AMT 5 iron on the way it loads and just is ridiculously smooth through impact. I have had the 714 AP2's with DG S300, DG S400TI, PX 5.5, AMT S300 and now Tour V's. A while back I tried the Mizuno optimizer with my 86mph 6 iron speed and it spit out the Typical DG S300/KBS Tour so I was in the ball park but never could find home plate. I really notice the impact on the face is 2 groves higher on the face then I'm used to. The Srixon range balls leave residue on the face of all my clubs and the AP2 with a center strike on the 5th groove is really soft and the ball flight is perfect. I hit a few thin on the 2nd score line and ball flight was low and gave me the knuckle ball flight I noted earlier. The Tour V tip is definitely more active then the True Tempers and I was getting rewarded with some pure strikes. I was hitting some PW with the Tour V vs. my GW with the Tour V Wedge that is a 125g shaft and the GW was a few degrees lower at peak trajectory. GW goes exactly 100 yards and PW is just a hair under 115 so it gave me a real good Visual. The swing weights are D0 in the AP2's and D3-D4 in the Vokeys. I think the Standard Tour V would be too light in the Wedges and the 125g shaft feels perfect. The S400 TI's in the wedges gave some awesome trajectories but was really difficult on the little touch shots. I had some 40 yard pitch shots playing Mystic Rock with the Tour V's that I hit them to within inches of the cup. I had a buddy who was marveling at my wedge shots on the range before the round try them coming from his Vokeys with S300's hit some of the ugliest wedge shots I have ever seen. He said the counter balance feel just wasn't for him. After our round he wanted the Specs of the Wedge shafts. He has a more Ricky Fowler looking swing with a fast transaction "21-7" Tour Tempo where I practice the "24-8" Tones for you Tour Tempo guys.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6