2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

The 2016-2017 NBA basketball thread

MtlJeff

Heck Kawhi Leonard was traded for George Hill on draft night, averaged 8/5 his rookie year. And Leonard played 2 years in college

Leonard might win MVP this season at 25yrs old

It's a little early to say what Ingram won't be or will be, he's supremely talented though and the Lakers are right not to trade him. He was a top recruit in college, and played well at a big school. Scouting has gotten a lot better over the years, there's not as many true "busts" anymore. Anthony Bennett was a bust at #1, but everyone knew that draft was terrible, they talked about what a weak draft it was leading up to it. A lot of the "busts" these days are known stretches in weak drafts

Generally when most scouts are on board with someone these days, they pan out at least pretty darn good. Scouts were very high on both Simmons and Ingram, my guess is both turn out very good

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting tidbit that Theringer.com reported today was that a big reason the cap was lower than expected, was due to loss of playoff revenue due to so few games. Apparently it was the fewest playoff games in many years.

Cavs and warriors shouldve let some folks win a few and they would have 2M more to play with!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Interesting tidbit that Theringer.com reported today was that a big reason the cap was lower than expected, was due to loss of playoff revenue due to so few games. Apparently it was the fewest playoff games in many years.

Cavs and warriors shouldve let some folks win a few and they would have 2M more to play with!

Now it's time to start tanking in the playoffs! We'll get some wonderful articles and talking head pieces out of this. :russian_roulette: Can you imagine the segment between Skip and Shannon after one of these games?(well, I can't since I can't watch that stuff, but I'm sure someone here can come up with a comical scenario on that)

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Like him or not, if you have 9 minutes it's amazing to think all of these plays came from 1 season

Westbrook is insane. He's not the best player in the league...But the highlights from this year are all-time. Just the amount of crunch time shots in the highlights is kind of crazy

cavs about to get paul george and melo.

Sign me up for that! LOL

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

cavs about to get paul george and melo.

How can they possible have the assets without giving up Irving? No way NYY allows Melo to walk.

Why not let Melo walk? With Melo, they won't be bad enough for a top lottery pick. At least if they buy him out, they only have Porzingis and a bunch of bums. At least gives them a better shot at a high lottery pick

Woj reporting CP3 sign and trade to Rockets....

Interesting!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Interesting!

Will be veryyy interesting to see how the Harden/Paul backcourt is going to work out

Somewhere Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon are touching a ball, and cherishing the moment. Probably whispering to it "if I never get to dribble you again old friend, it's been a nice ride"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Interesting!

Will be veryyy interesting to see how the Harden/Paul backcourt is going to work out

Somewhere Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon are touching a ball, and cherishing the moment. Probably whispering to it "if I never get to dribble you again old friend, it's been a nice ride"

If I could like this 100 times....I would.

On the other hand, what's the over/under on dunks per game for Capela?

I don't know why Paul wouldn't tried to force a trade to San Antonio? It seems he would have been a much better fit there. Could have taken some of the scoring load off of Khawi and possibly rejuvenated Aldridge's career.

Well, on second thought, Paul disparaging Aldridge after every missed jumper might not work out so well for Aldridge.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Lonzo Ball is already the best PG in LA.

Hmmm, true I guess!

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Great players tend to make it work. There's obviously some ball management issues that they will need to iron out.

But they will be able to have an elite creator on the floor for all 48 minutes.

Harden looked totally gassed end of last year

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I read that CP3 is looking forward to playing off ball.... In any case lets say they add George, I don't see CP3, Harden and George winning more than 1 game against GSW if GS is able to bring back Iggy and Livingston. In fact I would be hard pressed to assemble any super team (within reason) to beat GS that does not include Lebron.

I don't know, CP3 /harden/George sounds pretty sick. George is a gamer, he gave the Cavs a lot of trouble in round 1.

Capella or harrell should develop as an athletic big who can hedge.

Even without George the rockets are probably a 60 win team.

With George I think they would expect to have a chance

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I don't know, CP3 /harden/George sounds pretty sick. George is a gamer, he gave the Cavs a lot of trouble in round 1.

PG is 0-16 on game winners. He's a helluva player, but not the guy I want taking the last shot.

FYI...Knicks and Phil are done...but not before Phil f'd em in the draft. I think Melo and Porzingis stay now.

I don't think Houston improved at all. Their defensive definitely got worse.

And why did New York wait till after the draft? Was the he picked the last straw? Monk and Dennis smith were still on the board I believe with a few other really good prospects.

Maybe Melo will get a superstar. I've always enjoyed watching him play he's just never had any help at all.

And why did New York wait till after the draft? Was the he picked the last straw? Monk and Dennis smith were still on the board I believe with a few other really good prospects.

Maybe Melo will get a superstar. I've always enjoyed watching him play he's just never had any help at all.

Smith was drafted right after the Knicks drafted the French dude. Monk was drafted a couple of picks after that at 11 I believe. Smith could've been their pg of the future. Right on Phil lol.

Chris Paul is a great defender, they definitely got better on paper IMO. It just depends on how they gel at this point. I mean they added a first ballot HOF player that is still on the outer edge of his prime. CP3 get's it done on both ends of the court, he shoots, he can create for himself, he is a great passer, he can close, and a leader. The only knocks on the guy is that he has not gone deep in the playoffs, he dribbles a lot, and he is hard to get along with. Two of those knocks (dribbling and hard on teammates) are the same things people said about MJ and Kobe so they really are not bad things (two great champions). He is an all time great PG with the only thing missing from his resume are the playoff runs. Can't see how they are going to get worst when adding a player of his caliber and only removing role players.

PG is 0-16 on game winners. He's a helluva player, but not the guy I want taking the last shot.

FYI...Knicks and Phil are done...but not before Phil f'd em in the draft. I think Melo and Porzingis stay now.

Yes but just on paper that is three top what 12-15 players in the NBA. They should be formidable. I wouldn't pick them over GS on paper, you've got three guys all with questions about playoff resumes... But you've still got three damn good players, with Ariza and Capella

I don't see how they get George though, so probably moot

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I read that Monk has the most bust potential in the draft. Drafts are almost impossible to evaluate until after you have seen the players in uniform and on the court, I just don't understand how a fan that has never been in the role as "scout" thinks they can Monday morning pick apart draft.

Yes but just on paper that is three top what 12-15 players in the NBA. They should be formidable. I wouldn't pick them over GS on paper, you've got three guys all with questions about playoff resumes... But you've still got three damn good players, with Ariza and Capella

I don't see how they get George though, so probably moot

They would have to give up some key players.

Chris Paul is a great defender, they definitely got better on paper IMO. It just depends on how they gel at this point. I mean they added a first ballot HOF player that is still on the outer edge of his prime. CP3 get's it done on both ends of the court, he shoots, he can create for himself, he is a great passer, he can close, and a leader. The only knocks on the guy is that he has not gone deep in the playoffs, he dribbles a lot, and he is hard to get along with. Two of those knocks (dribbling and hard on teammates) are the same things people said about MJ and Kobe so they really are not bad things (two great champions). He is an all time great PG with the only thing missing from his resume are the playoff runs. Can't see how they are going to get worst when adding a player of his caliber and only removing role players.

Agree completely. Beverley a great defender but who was the other first team guard?

It was Paul

Rockets should be very good next year.

Worst case it's like Paul, harden, Gordon, Ariza, Capella... That's the second best team in the west right?

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Agree completely. Beverley a great defender but who was the other first team guard?

It was Paul

Rockets should be very good next year.

Worst case it's like Paul, harden, Gordon, Ariza, Capella... That's the second best team in the west right?

Yes. I don;'t like the Spurs roster at all... They are slow and don't have the firepower. Minnesota is going to be interesting though.

The wolves are interesting for sure, it's just a big leap to start winning games every night when you've never done it. Towns and Wiggins can't just put up numbers, they are gonna need to lock dudes down at the end of games, execute properly etc.

Right now they lose 110-102 and towns has 29-12 and Wiggins has 23-5 and everyone is like "these guys have so much potential"

But now they have to WIN these games

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

That's interesting, I had mentioned to a friend I thought sign and trades were no longer allowed with the new CBA in these situations, so maybe that's why they had to structure like this

Deschamps Crisp Antique