2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

The 2016-2017 NBA basketball thread

MtlJeff

Kevin Durant hit some big shots down the stretch. Coaching matters but some of the plays he made were reminiscent of "the simpsons" softball episode where Mr Burns yells at Darryl Strawberry "Darryl, hit a home run!"

LOL. Durant hit a couple of tough leaners and a pull up 3 if i recall. Every one of those plays you just kind of hold up your hands and are like , OK

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This talk about Durant over Bron is foolish. Put Bron on GS and let's see how it goes. Lol

That talk is pretty silly and I think you'd see a bigger difference if you took LeBron off the Cavs and inserted Durant.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

And if KD drove past LBJ for a 15 footer we would be talking about how LBJ should have given the lower percentage 3 to KD.

GSW is just a dream team. Spacing, shooting, screening, passing, and defense is perfect for the current NBA rules and style of play.

You can't truly compare teams from different eras but playing under current NBA rules this team would have a case for greatest (definitely top 3) of all time.

Once you let handchecking and pushing under the boards back in the game, they would be bottom 5 of the top 10.

And if KD drove past LBJ for a 15 footer we would be talking about how LBJ should have given the lower percentage 3 to KD.

GSW is just a dream team. Spacing, shooting, screening, passing, and defense is perfect for the current NBA rules and style of play.

You can't truly compare teams from different eras but playing under current NBA rules this team would have a case for greatest (definitely top 3) of all time.

Once you let handchecking and pushing under the boards back in the game, they would be bottom 5 of the top 10.

Good point. I don't know if Curry or Durant would be able to make it through a series against the bad boy Pistons with the way they played in that era without having a major injury.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

A 2 would have tied it which is way different psychologically. I'd way rather LeBron let Durant run around him than give up that 3

This talk about Durant over Bron is foolish. Put Bron on GS and let's see how it goes. Lol

One game of 21 for my life savings I'm taking KD over Bron every time. If you're building a team the logical choice is Bron, I just think Durant is a more polished basketball player.

Did you watch game 6 of last years WCF? Have you watched the NBA Finals the last 8 years? What did you smoke this morning?

One game of 21 for my life savings I'm taking KD over Bron every time. If you're building a team the logical choice is Bron, I just think Durant is a more polished basketball player.

Did you watch game 6 of last years WCF? Have you watched the NBA Finals the last 8 years? What did you smoke this morning?

Yes. Yes. And apparently I smoked the same thing you did before you made the Blake Griffin comment that I refuse to let go. For cryin out loud I said nothing about them going back in a time machine and playing 21. If they played today, Im taking KD. C'mon Scratch we were getting along so well the last few days. Lets hug it out. :air_kiss:

I wouldn't necessarily say KD is the more well-polished basketball player. Lebron is a way better passer and his body of work as a defender is better. KD is the better shooter and possibly the better scorer (debatable)... Over all, i think you have to give it to Lebron. Coincidentally, I would pick KD over LeBron in a game of 21 for my life savings, though... I think KD has more of that cold-blooded killer in him than LBJ (if it makes you feel better, scratch... I would pick kobe over LeBron in a game of 21 for my life savings, too for the same reason =P)

I wouldn't necessarily say KD is the more well-polished basketball player. Lebron is a way better passer and his body of work as a defender is better. KD is the better shooter and possibly the better scorer... I would definitely pick him over LeBron in a game of 21 for my life savings though (if it makes you feel better, scratch... I would pick kobe over LeBron in a game of 21 for my life savings, too =P)

Very Well Said, I take back that more polished comment, you're 100% right. As you know when playing 21 you gotta make free throws KD, Kobe, over Bron is the smart choice lol.

We cant overlook LeBron's history of coming up small in big moments either.

History of coming up small in big moments? You might want to read a fivethirtyeight column on that or a Zach Lowe article. Some may remember him coming up short with the game on the line, but there are several articles out there that disprove that he continually comes up short in big moments. I think this comes from everyone expecting him to hit game winners like Jordan, but he's not Jordan, nor has he ever claimed to be.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I would take Blake in a dunk contest. What does that prove?

That Griffin can dunk over a Kia Optima? :)

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

We cant overlook LeBron's history of coming up small in big moments either.

History of coming up small in big moments? You might want to read a fivethirtyeight column on that or a Zach Lowe article. Some may remember him coming up short with the game on the line, but there are several articles out there that disprove that he continually comes up short in big moments. I think this comes from everyone expecting him to hit game winners like Jordan, but he's not Jordan, nor has he ever claimed to be.

I dont want him to be Jordan, LBJ deserves his own shine I'll admit that. He's one HELL of an athlete, but even in Miami everyone knew D Wade was the "closer." Kyrie is the "closer" these days. He may be gassed but he's shooting 36% in the fourth quarter of this series. Game 7 last year I waited and wished for LeBron to crumble but to his credit he didnt. There just arent that many of those moments in my humble opinion. Who cares if you miss the last second shot, I just dont think he wants to take it, that's my issue.

I could be way off on all this, I've had way too much coffee this morning. All of a sudden I have an opinion on everything.

hall of famer joining the best basketball team in history. sad.

I also don't really understand the whole "GSW would be wrecked by bad boys" I'm pretty sure if draymond, iggy and clay can physically handle lebron, the greatest athlete the sport has seen, they could handle laimbeer just fine. yes curry and durant might get beat up but IIRC jordan got beat up by them pretty good too....

this GSW team and last years team would wreck any non-olympics team ever.

hall of famer joining the best basketball team in history. sad.

I also don't really understand the whole "GSW would be wrecked by bad boys" I'm pretty sure if draymond, iggy and clay can physically handle lebron, the greatest athlete the sport has seen, they could handle laimbeer just fine. yes curry and durant might get beat up but IIRC jordan got beat up by them pretty good too....

this GSW team and last years team would wreck any non-olympics team ever.

I don't know that anyone said that the bad boy Pistons would wreck the GSW, as in win the series, but they certainly would beat the hell out of them physically playing by the old rules(especially Curry and Durant). I don't quite know what Draymond, Iggy and Klay handling Lebron have to do with that, but I think being able to play by the old rules would actually help Draymond. I think the GSW would definitely struggle in a series by those rules, especially with Curry or Durant banged up(and I don't think that is a huge stretch judging by the way knocked Jordan around).

Playing by todays rules, GSW probably would smoke any of the teams from yesteryear. But, if you drop them back in that era with handchecking and guys generally just beating the crap out of each other, I don't think they wreck all of those teams.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Dude Durant made the most gutless move anyone has ever made in any sport and your saying Bron is afraid to fail. Stop it

deion-lead-620.jpeg

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Look i'm no Lebron fan, but I'm not saying KD is a better player either. History of sport is littered with guys leaving in free agency to chase $ or a better chance to win a title. Some hold TV specials about it some dont :pimp:

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Dude Durant made the most gutless move anyone has ever made in any sport and your saying Bron is afraid to fail. Stop it

deion-lead-620.jpeg

kobe-malone-shaq-payton-174979_480_art_R0.png

Haha. While true that Malone and Peyton made a blatant move for a ring, they did this at the very end of their careers, when they were really old. I think Malone was around 40. I don't see these old guys ring chasing quite the same as Durant in his prime joining a 73 win team.

Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

Seriously, why does anyone give a f*** anymore if KD went to the Warriors. GTF over it. NBA fans are divided into two sides...one is the LBJ apologist that says what LBJ going to Miami is totally different, and the other that says KD did the same as LBJ. Either way, it's done.

And I find it funny that everyone says look at what KD did in the WCF last year...and? Go look at the numbers. Game 5 he put up 40. Games 5-7 Westbrook averaged less points, a lower shooting percentage, more turnovers (ball handler), but the +/- was by far worse than Durant. Everyone wants to put the blame on KD for OKC losing that series, but only after he left for GS. Russ and the rest of that team (that did nothing in those last 3 games) might have had something to do with that too.

Let's compare the Cavs and Warriors like this. The Cavs have three players if were on other teams they would be the #1 option

LBJ

Kyrie

Love

The Warriors have

Steph

KD

Klay

Draymond Green is a great player but not an offensive weapon to build a team around.

What's the big deal? This isnt the Globetrotters vs the Generals. This is the match up everyone waited for all season. Now that the Warriors have shown they are far and away the better team the NBA is ruined?

Chill