2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubs stolen after HS match

cjdrcc

Thank G-d they wern't mine
I am disgusted. Recently a Freshman teammate of mine was playing in his first JV match of his career and some one saw a r7 tp head cover and STOLE his new driver. Although we advised him to put other covers on his clubs ( all of the starters have all of their oldest head covers on their clubs for this reason) I feel badly. Any body know how to gett 'em back? thanks.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disgusted. Recently a Freshman teammate of mine was playing in his first JV match of his career and some one saw a r7 tp head cover and STOLE his new driver. Although we advised him to put other covers on his clubs ( all of the starters have all of their oldest head covers on their clubs for this reason) I feel badly. Any body know how to gett 'em back? thanks.

56576[/snapback]

It sucks, I know....

But ya gotta turn the other cheek and learn from the experience!

:pimp:

This actually happened to a friend of mine. He was so upset. He also had the R7 TP but ALL his clubs were stolen bag and all!!. The funny thing is we found them a week later in Play-It-Again sports. We got the guys name who sold them to play it again and called the cops. They said they couldn't do anything because he couldn't prove they were his clubs. Ask him to check his parents home owners insurance. His clubs may be covered under that policy(my friends was).

Always, always, always, always...........write down your serial numbers and keep them in a safe place. Most proline clubs have them now either on a shaft band or stamped on the head somewhere.

Get other headcovers that aren't manufacturer branded. Sounds like this is an ongoing issue at your school. Maybe you will have some leverage now and maybe the athletic department would pitch in and buy everyone matching headcovers in your school colors or mascot.

Never ever ever leave you clubs unattended. I always keep close to my clubs and as soon as the round is over they go right back in my vehicle. I realize that as a freshman he probably doesn't have a drivers license so he probably doesn't have a vehicle at the course but he could always have a team mate watch them while he is away for a few minutes.

as mentioned above have them check with thier parents insurance company and see if the loss is covered.

Good luck and keep close to your clubs at all times

I am from metro Detroit, and for high school we qualified at a municipal course in Detroit. My senior year in high school, the group behind us (I was in the 2nd to last group that day) got mugged on the 11th tee. My high school no longer qualifies at that course, and the article was picked up by FoxNews.com: Link to the article that FoxNews.com wrote

In terms of what can be done, I would contact the insurance agent, as the homeowners insurance should cover the clubs. Then I would go to the school and see if they carry supplemental insurance, which should cover at least part of the deductible. Then I would invest in some non-brand name headcovers, like Rocket Tours or Jan Craigs with your school colors. They don't scream "steal me" as much as an OEM headcover, but they still won't protect you from an on-course mugging....

-Thomas

56576[/snapback]

I've had three sets of clubs stolen this year, not at public courses but at well known country clubs in different states (CO, MI, CA). One set was a custom black finished set of MP-32s about a week after I got them. In this case, however, they were stolen by a member who has been known to do this in the past. But since these were so unusual they were noticed in this guy's locker and we called the police who charged him with a felony. As he has quite a bit of money he has tried to buy his way out of the charge---I told him sorry you are going to court. If they let him off with probation, I will pursue a civil suit that should keep him busy for years and cost him big bucks. My intent is this will be the most expensive set of clubs he will ever have. :pimp:

why would anyone do something that dumb.  I mean its just wrong.  Just touching another persons clubs without their permission is wrong in my mind.  I always ask to see if anything, but someone taking it.  they deserve to die, not relaly, but something bad like money and jail.

56808[/snapback]

as much as I agree with you, keep in mind that people in this world have different values and ethics

The first thing you need to do is contact all the local play it again sports, second swings, and any other place that people may try to sell the clubs at, including near by pawn shops. If its appears. the managment of that establishment will be more willing to work with you if they understand you story ahead of time.

Second contact your home owners insurance company. The deductable may be higher then the value of the clubs, therefore it may not be worth it but its worth a try.

Third contact your local golf retail shop. Let them know about the problem and see if they have a demo driver you can use until yours is returned or until insurance comes through and you're able to purchase another from them.

Chris

i remember sophomore year I was just playing on my C level golf team at school, and we heard that at a city muni one of our varsity players got his brand new studio design stolen. He unfortunately had to putt with his driver for the round :pimp: One of my assisting coaches had his red X stolen this year. It is a disgrace to the game of golf to steal other people's clubs. Those who do not hold the requisite manners and ethics to play golf are unfit to walk onto a course. That kinda guy probably shaves strokes off his round when no one looks :D Really pathetic...

why would anyone do something that dumb.  I mean its just wrong.  Just touching another persons clubs without their permission is wrong in my mind.  I always ask to see if anything, but someone taking it.  they deserve to die, not relaly, but something bad like money and jail.

56808[/snapback]

as much as I agree with you, keep in mind that people in this world have different values and ethics

56816[/snapback]

I don't think that people who steal clubs have any values or a code of ethics...

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

56808[/snapback]

56816[/snapback]

I don't think that people who steal clubs have any values or a code of ethics...

57364[/snapback]

agreed....... :pimp:

I had a pair of Oakley sunglasses stolen at a Junior Tournament this summer. The worst part about it was the kid slid them in his pocket right in front of me while I was paying for my lunch. When I kindly asked for them back, he simply said, "I didn't take anything of yours", and then he drove off. It is wrong that people do this, especially while partaking in the wonderful game of golf that is supposed to teach you honesty and respect. I had developed a trust with the atmosphere of the guys that play on that particular junior circuit, but after that event, as much as I trusted them before I was much more protective over my belongings.

It amazes me how much this goes on, and it's quite a sickening act, how people can be so amoral, it blows my mind.

I hope you can get your freinds case resolved; we had a kid on our golf team that got his clubs stolen out of the trunk of his car, and they appeared at a local Play it Again Sports a few weeks later. You never know what can happen, or where they may show up, just keep your eye out!

- Bryan

56576[/snapback]

Had a friend who qualified for the US open sectional three days before the regionals they had rain delay went into the 19th came out no clubs!!!!

I don't know if the steps correct but the secound stage he had to use someone elses clubs.

He was frantic!!

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

definately check at any possible place that would take trade-ins and such. working at a second swing you see tons of stuff like that, you would not believe some of the stories you'd hear. i actually had a guy trade in a set bag and all because "his mom bought him an entire set but she got him left-handed clubs by accident and he couldn't hit em", needless to say we got all his license info and jut waited for someone to call looking for them. hope everything works out for him

I have had my clubs stolen twice in the last 4-5 years. The first time was at a local club out in front of the Pro Shop before the round:(

The second time was earlir this year. I played in the morning and ran over to the grocery store on the way home. I got home unloaded the groceries and realized that my clubs were gone. My homeowners insurance covered it, but it still sucks.

• 2 months later...

I've never had clubs stolen and here's why.

1. I have generic headcovers on my driver, 3wood, and putter.

2. My clubs are NEVER left alone. I take them right into the restaurant with me if I grab a bite at the course. Most places say nothing but if they do tell you anything ask them for a secure area to put them in or to guarantee their safety outside. They will let you alone after that.

3. Take them inside the house. Had one friend get his clubs stolen out of his car in the driveway and another got his stolen out of the garage he had accidentally left open.

The bottom line is clubs in your possession won't get stolen (except for those poor kids in Detroit).