leftysviewuk

Tools of disgrace - Updated 7/12/06 or 12/7/06 whichever suits.
Bag changed and hopefully set for the summer........... :pimp:

Bag all changed updated December 7th 2006 .... See new pics and comments further on.
Hope you enjoy :crazy:

See signature for details.... at present all correct. :D

PING LST 8.5' / Stretch 13.5' / G400 17'
Callaway Apex Pro 4 to PW, Mack Daddy Forged 50, 55, 60
Scotty X5, Vice Pro Plus in White

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great set!

I have to ask though, how do you keep your irons looking so pristine?

I also have MP-32s (approx 6 months old) and my soles all have little nicks and gouges from just normal play.

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 6.0
Callaway Epic Speed 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 5.5

Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50* F8, 54* S10, 58* D12
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

I have to ask how do you keep your irons looking so pristine? 

I also have MP-32s (approx 6 months old) and my soles all have little nicks and gouges from just normal play.

57960[/snapback]

The clues in the second picture, the neoprene headcovers keep the mizzy's looking sweet. :pimp: I've had them since May.

Previous to the 32's I had the 30's for 2 years and they also stayed sweet courtesy of the covers. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I really must echo the previous posts--your clubs are so pretty, not just clean but virginal--even the wedges and woods are still shiney! Tell the truth, you're still hitting the MP30's aren'tcha? :tongue:

How was the move from the 30's to the 32's? I have a set of MP30 heads waiting to be shafted but keep finding excuses not to.

Thanks for the recommendation on the MD, it seems to come up whenever hybrids are mentioned. I'm also interested in hearing how the NP99 plays for you. I read much about the S03, but not the NP99.

beruo

:hi:

I really must echo the previous posts--your clubs are so pretty, not just clean but virginal--even the wedges and woods are still shiney!  Tell the truth, you're still hitting the MP30's aren'tcha? :D

How was the move from the 30's to the 32's?  I have a set of MP30 heads waiting to be shafted but keep finding excuses not to. 

Thanks for the recommendation on the MD, it seems to come up whenever hybrids are mentioned.  I'm also interested in hearing how the NP99 plays for you.  I read much about the S03, but not the NP99.

beruo

68687[/snapback]

Hi Beruo,

Thanks for the comments. I personally believe when you've shelled out good cash for your gear you should look after it. Headcovers help big when you're playing a forged iron.

Honestly the MP30's went back as part of the trade in for the new sticks.

I've added a review on the MP32's see the link below, I've compared them to the 30's as part of it.

Link to MP32 review plus MP30 comments.

Regarding the NP99, well mostly good, but still getting used to it. Had it since early September. Need to put in more time with it off the tee, generally stick with either the driver or the MD.

Off the deck this club really comes into it's own, an absolute beast.:tongue: I've hit some great strikes off the deck and this thing just sets off on that great hanging flat ball flight. :lol: If you're a Lefty like me, ;) then forget the S03 as it's unavailable....

:nono:

As for the driver, I'm now getting bored with it....... :help: I'm looking at an FT3 fusion, once I can demo one on a launch monitor soon.

Regards

Rich :D

Great set. Pretty much the best stuff you can find.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

• 4 weeks later...

Nice bag, left handed golf clubs always look weird but oh well still damn nice!! Where in Worcester do you live? I live in Shropshire :dntknw:

Hi Big Al.

I'm not far from Junction 6 on the M5 so easy access to head for lots of nice courses...... :drinks:

I see from the pic in your profile that the name Big Al is obviously for your height.......

Cheers

Rich.

ps PM me if you fancy a round at some courses near Worcester.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Once again Rich, your bag just screams out dependability. Before I was curious about the MP30 to MP32 switch, but now I'm downright wondering about the move from the Mizuno forgings to Ping's cast offerings. I'm assuming they are more forgiving, but can you qualify any change in feel? Either way, you have once again put together a bag that I could play (esp. with the driver--big fan of TM drivers).

So the nutshell version is: :)

beruo

btw--here in 'merica, we don't reverse the month for the day--it's 4/28/06 (sorry, it's the end of the month and I hadn't met my quota for redneck comments--you understand :ok: )

Once again Rich, your bag just screams out dependability. Before I was curious about the MP30 to MP32 switch, but now I'm downright wondering about the move from the Mizuno forgings to Ping's cast offerings. I'm assuming they are more forgiving, but can you qualify any change in feel? Either way, you have once again put together a bag that I could play (esp. with the driver--big fan of TM drivers).

So the nutshell version is: :)

beruo

btw--here in 'merica, we don't reverse the month for the day--it's 4/28/06 (sorry, it's the end of the month and I hadn't met my quota for redneck comments--you understand :bb: )

Hi Beruo,

Thanks for the comments, always glad to see the approval from a fellow lefty. Handicap is presently 8 EGU, not sure how this translates to the US handicap system, buy anyway, I've been suffering from a frozen left shoulder on and off for what seems like far too long. With the 32's when I was on it was great but the slightest bit off and :ok: , bad shots due to this are off the toe and so not good.

Decided on the i5's for a touch more playability / forgiveness, especially when the shoulder is playing up, causes an awfull over the top move, which I have to suffer with when it stiffens up. Anyway, had the i5's in the bag for around 7 rounds, so far very pleased. After playing forged Mizunos for the last 3 years, was also worried about the feel factor. Had the fitted with the zz65's with the cushin insert. I need not have worried, I can honestly say they are as soft as the 30's/32's. When mishit, they are actually much kinder to your hands than the 30's / 32's....

I've found them as workable as the 32's, but much more forgiving. Slightly higher ball flight than the 32's, but can keep them low when I need to. Only critiscm is my own fault for not specifying a higher swing weight. Ping will do this for free, by adjusting the tuning port, I just need to find a gap when not playing to get them adjusted.

As for the driver, I've been through a few in the last couple of months.

R7 max, was nice, but needed to go before it was worthless due to being high COR.

Next was Nike Ignite, but had the stock stiff Fuji shaft, the head seemed nice, but all I hit with it was high balloons............ :bb: very weak shaft.

Following the Nike, I had around 5 rounds with a 905t with a V2 stiff. Decent stick, quite accurate, but seemed to me to be many yards shorter than the R7 even when nailed. Now heading for ebay......

Picked up the R5 TP from a fellow GolfWrXer (sold due to lower ball flight), and so far 2 rounds under my belt. Very promising so far, can hit it low(Big plus here in the wind), and high also as required. With an unfrozen shoulder for a few holes yesterday and today, was going sweet. Swing speed is 105 to 110. Managed a sweet strike yesterday which we paced off a few yards over the 300 mark.(Still not much run on the fairways here) I think this one may be a keeper.....

Thanks for the comments. :)

Still can't bring myself to write the date the other way round as you do in the US. I feel dyslexic, when I read it that way....... :bb:

• 7 months later...

Well seeing at present I'm in a mini lay off following knee surgery, I thought I'd update my WITB pics

as they were getting a little out of date.

Driver - TM R5 TP with Diamana 83s

Played this for most of the summer and very happy with. I had a brief spell with a 905R with a v2 stiff, whilst the R5 was back at TM for repair. 905R striaght but not long, span too much for me. I think my swing is more suited to a deeper faced driver. Looking to demo a R7425 TP once knee recovered and I can locate a suitable demo.

3 Wood - TM R7 TP with Fujikura Vista Pro 80 S

Recent edition to the bag. Played a V Steel for a season and very similiar. Strike is very solid. With no run on the ball, I made it 20 yards from a par 5 at 555yards in two, with temps around the late thirties.... easy pitch and a birdie. This could become a bag favourite. This was my first swing in anger with the club on a course...... ;)

Hybrids - Sonartec MD 19 & 21' Irod stiff

These clubs are money. Had the 3 iron replacement first and seeing such good results finally added the 2 iron version. Only wish I'd done it sooner. More accurate than a 5 wood, easier to hit and way more versatile. :fool: The more I use these the more impressed I am with them over time.

Irons - TM Lt's Original with FCM Rifle 6.0

Picked these up as nearly new. Due to being Lefty and the specs got these for a bargain price.

Upon inspection I don't even think they've been hit :miz: , I think they must have been gathering dust in the back of a stockroom.Had them in the bag for around 8 weeks now and very pleased handicap coming down again. I find them as workable as my old Mizzy MP32's but with much more forgiveness. They replaced some I5's I'd been toying with. Very forgiving, but for me hit the ball way to high. I struggled with the shorter irons in the i5's :) and now from playing the LT's I feel I have better scoring options once again. Only had to replace the crappy standard TM grips with a set of New Decade Multi compound.

Wedges - Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60'

Had excellent results with these, plenty of spin and control starting to get a little battered, but nothing to effect the excellent playability. I use the 60' mainly from our hard packed sand where I play and for picthes over bunkers to tight pins. Lob shots only possible from the rough, not to keen from a tight lie. The 56' is my main choice for pitching and chipping. With practice I have gained much consisitency with the low hit pitches which bounce once and then stop dead on the second bounce. Short game has improved immensly with these.

Putter - Scotty Newport 2.5

Most people I know rave about Scotty and having resisted for so long as it's always difficult to demo good quality lefty gear and the good old two ball was performing well. Picked this up on a recent trip to the US for an excellent price brand new. Since returning I've stuck with the scotty and had excellent results. As soon as I used the putter on the course, distance control was almost instant proved positive signs. Now after a few weeks alignment now comes second nature and I've had a Birdie blitz for me anyway averaging around 3 per round... Long may this continue. :crazy:

Bag and Ball -

On my second Ogio bag. Can't say enough about these, just love the divider system, I hate having tangled clubs in the bag. Quality ball of choice is the ProV1x just love the performance with these. Still demoing some TM TP reds. I find these very similiar, quite lively off the driver, with for me maybe a touch more control around the greens. Budget ball - Pinnacle exception. When it's cold wet and miserable, can't beat this. Stops you from spinning a top notch ball back off a very receptive green.....

Rich, I've finally figured out why your clubs always look nice. You go through several sets a year. So this is, what...your third set of irons, third driver (hold-over), second 3 wood, putter #X, and essentailly your second 5 wood/2 iron club? Did I get that right? At least you've got the same wedges (maybe, can't quite remember a set before the SM's), and the first Md. At least you're consistent in one thing...change. :crazy: Again, solid set of clubs I'd be happy to try out (hint, hint). I'll take your Pings off you, and I insist on paying for half the shipping. It wouldn't be fair otherwise. :fool:

Anyway, when did you have knee surgery, how serious, and when will you be fully healed? I hope everything works out well. Fortunately you're coming up on winter, or is it summer now in your part of the world? You know how I am with my knowledge of how things work outside the US. ;) My heartiest wishes for a speedy-ish recovery. You have to abuse some sick leave from work. :miz:

Rich, I've finally figured out why your clubs always look nice. You go through several sets a year. So this is, what...your third set of irons, third driver (hold-over), second 3 wood, putter #X, and essentailly your second 5 wood/2 iron club? Did I get that right? At least you've got the same wedges (maybe, can't quite remember a set before the SM's), and the first Md. At least you're consistent in one thing...change. ;) Again, solid set of clubs I'd be happy to try out (hint, hint). I'll take your Pings off you, and I insist on paying for half the shipping. It wouldn't be fair otherwise. :miz:

Anyway, when did you have knee surgery, how serious, and when will you be fully healed? I hope everything works out well. Fortunately you're coming up on winter, or is it summer now in your part of the world? You know how I am with my knowledge of how things work outside the US. ;) My heartiest wishes for a speedy-ish recovery. You have to abuse some sick leave from work. :jester:

Ok George you got me with the club changes but we are all club hoes at heart... :crazy:

I'll defend the driver change as this was forced due to equip failure and so is technically the same at the start of the season..... still looking out for a TP 425 though.... :bb:

3 wood, ok you have me on this one guilty as charged... ;)

5 wood, mmmh tricky one this, was carrying an extra wedge so we'll call this a score draw...

Irons again guilty, very happy now with the LT's as forgiving as a cavity, but with the feel & workability of my old set of MP32's..

Wedges - still the same but again spying a couple of TM Tp's in satin......

Putter - Well after the success with the Scotty has finally relugated the trusty two ball. I think this may have to stay in the closet for safe keeping though.. :fool:

As for the knee surgery, just had keyhole surgery on a torn medial cartilage. Currently 5 days since op, progressing well, hoping to be back on the course in a couple of weeks.....The Pings went to ebay I'm afraid, but the NP99 still waiting a new owner.... :) All the best ;)

• 1 year later...

[quote name='Maharishi' post='818796' date='Dec 10 2007, 02:56 PM']The original LT's are one of the best player CB's ever :russian_roulette:

I still have a set.[/quote]

Unfortunatly they're heading for ebay as we speak, the wife says I have too many clubs lying aroung the house.

Signature is correct regarding WITB, couldn't be happier with the MP60's, now on my 3rd set of Mizunos Mp30, Mp32 & now Mp60. I just had too go back.

Looks like I 'll have to update the photos soon.
Thanks for viewing.