Anyone have any info on the New us kids TS3

Tannerbug33

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called US kids last week to dig around. He didn't have much information except that they would be available at the end of January. My son is moving into the 51" category from 48" UL, so love the idea of progressive weight increases in the TS3 series, as the current TS 8 iron that I bought as a "demo" still is too heavy.

Previously the 51" set (the first set in tour series) was marketed as 10% lighter than adult clubs , whereas the Ultralights are marketed as 20% lighter. The new TS3 51" set is 15% lighter.....so a more progressive weight transition. We bought an 8i in the current TS a few months ago and occasionally pull it out against the UL48....51 TS still seems too heavy. Some of that is just getting used to new clubs, but it still kind of has me sold that the new TS3 51" irons and wedges may be the best next set for him.

I was able to dig this up on a German site https://shop.strato.de/WebRoot/Store14/Shops/62254242/5A1A/B205/1657/1BBF/EA82/0A0C/6D01/D4E1/TS2018.pdf

My daughter is due new irons and I was looking at the TS57, not sure how I feel about the weight change yet. From browsing around on this site and looking at the pdf it appears the TS60 and TS63 will be offering a 4 iron in the set. I wish this extended down to at least the the TS57.

Hats off if your daughter can hit a 4i. Neither I nor my son can and I think most folks would prefer a hybrid/fairway option. Personally, if a kid can hit a 4i they might want to be looking at better clubs anyway. My kid didn’t even like to hit the 5i.

Really? It is simply a swing flaw if they can't hit a 4i.

I am GenX.  If you really think I care about what you have to say, I don't.

Swing flaw? I won't argue that my 10 yo has swing flaws. Don't we all?

Why would USK increase the loft of the new TS57 set and lighten the heads 5% if its just to mask a swing flaw? Obviously there are kids out there at 51"-57" that can swing faster than average and have no problem with a heavier head and stronger lofted iron. But for the other 95% I think USK knows it is hard to elevate a 4i/5i at 9-10 and get proper gaping in that part of the bag, or else they wouldn't have revamped the whole setup.

For all I know my son could hit the 5i now, and a 4i. He just took it out the bag about 9 months ago as it was his least confident club and I am not forcing him to put it back. For us, golf is just a game to have fun. We don't take it too serious and I would never force him to add a club back if he doesn't want to.

Also, I am sure there are different caliber players in other parts of the country. Florida, Texas, SoCal, etc. that probably sees a lot more kids at 8-11 that can handle much more elite clubs. So apologize for making a general statement that was based on what I see in my local area that can handle these types of clubs.

I was able to dig this up on a German site https://shop.strato.de/WebRoot/Store14/Shops/62254242/5A1A/B205/1657/1BBF/EA82/0A0C/6D01/D4E1/TS2018.pdf

My daughter is due new irons and I was looking at the TS57, not sure how I feel about the weight change yet. From browsing around on this site and looking at the pdf it appears the TS60 and TS63 will be offering a 4 iron in the set. I wish this extended down to at least the the TS57.

While it doesn't come in the set, it looks like they include the spec for a TS3-57 4 iron on the spreadsheet. So should be able to purchase separately. Could just buy the iron set and add the 4i and other wedges for a complete set. I wouldn't order the driver-4hybrid anyway. Much better options with OEM.

Why would USK increase the loft of the new TS57 set and lighten the heads 5% if its just to mask a swing flaw? Obviously there are kids out there at 51"-57" that can swing faster than average and have no problem with a heavier head and stronger lofted iron. But for the other 95% I think USK knows it is hard to elevate a 4i/5i at 9-10 and get proper gaping in that part of the bag, or else they wouldn't have revamped the whole setup.

For all I know my son could hit the 5i now, and a 4i. He just took it out the bag about 9 months ago as it was his least confident club and I am not forcing him to put it back. For us, golf is just a game to have fun. We don't take it too serious and I would never force him to add a club back if he doesn't want to.

Also, I am sure there are different caliber players in other parts of the country. Florida, Texas, SoCal, etc. that probably sees a lot more kids at 8-11 that can handle much more elite clubs. So apologize for making a general statement that was based on what I see in my local area that can handle these types of clubs.

There are really good golfers in the Carolinas as well.

The point being, anyone can hit any club in the bag. If a person can't hit a particular club it has zero to do with the club and everything to do with that persons swing.

These clubs you are talking about are for the better playing junior golfer. Better playing junior golfers will be able to hit that 4i, and that is why it is in the new set. There was a lot of demand for a 3i and 4i in the TS series from the better playing juniors. Many of the better players do not like using hybrids.

I apologize if I came across nasty. Wasn't my intentions.

Maybe a bit wrong on that one Heavy ;)

It's much more about swing speed not there yet then a swing flaw.

Just normal for an under 85 mph driver swing speed to have problems with those 4 or 5 irons.

:nono:

It is physics, swing speed has nothing to do with it.

A Flat swing can cause problems with long irons. Playing the balls too far back in your stance can cause problems. You have to hit down on the ball or you will have problems. The extra length in the shaft can give you problems. In the US Kids clubs they are made to get up in the air even in the TS irons. If he is having problems with even the 5i it isn't swing speed problems. It is a swing problem. Swing problems can also cause... you guessed it, slower swing speeds, but a slow swing speed is not the culprit behind not being able to hit a long iron.

If it were swing speed then anyone, using your statement, over an 85mph swing speed could hit long irons. Guess what? They can't. Swing Speed has nothing to do with it.

There is an entire thread on this on Golf WRX. The physics guys won... lol. It isn't swing speed.

It is definitely swing technique, but I think they are trying to engineer the long irons to help launch the ball better. Strike rules all. If you strike a 4i or 5i in the middle of the face, and hit down on the ball it will launch and have proper carry. Hit it thin, toe, or heel, or add loft at impact, (which many kids do), and the ball will launch (with all but the thin shots) but distance will drop off massively. Resulting in gap issues. I think the extra weight of the head and longer shaft compounds the problem for little ones. Glad to see them put some extra thought in those club heads and look at different lofts/weights to help with the long irons.

Again, my hats off comment to any kid that has the swing to hit those clubs and have confidence in them. It shouldn't just be expected of even the average 9-10 yo.

Again, my hats off comment to any kid that has the swing to hit those clubs and have confidence in them. It shouldn't just be expected of even the average 9-10 yo.

You are probably correct. I tend to forget that we live in South Florida and play with some of the better players in the country.

I'm all for developing them to hit these shots. It will be required when competing against the best and even playing against the middle tier as teenagers. But why make it so hard so young when there are so many great clubs out there to help with the long game.

Baffler woods, high lofted heavenwoods, hybrids of all walks of life. Just seems like too much pressure to make a kid sort out how to hit a 4i. But that is just my take on it. Everyone enters this game with different goals in mind.

For girls, Wie and Ko seem to be fine with woods/hybrids.

All this is a bit off topic. Hate to hear they are delayed. I am sure they will miss out on some revenue with folks getting their clubs sorted out for the new season.

I'm all for developing them to hit these shots. It will be required when competing against the best and even playing against the middle tier as teenagers. But why make it so hard so young when there are so many great clubs out there to help with the long game.

Baffler woods, high lofted heavenwoods, hybrids of all walks of life. Just seems like too much pressure to make a kid sort out how to hit a 4i. But that is just my take on it. Everyone enters this game with different goals in mind.

For girls, Wie and Ko seem to be fine with woods/hybrids.

All this is a bit off topic. Hate to hear they are delayed. I am sure they will miss out on some revenue with folks getting their clubs sorted out for the new season.

Males think it is cool to carry long irons. I think it is a d&^* swinging contest to be honest. I can swing a long iron and you can't. Mine actually carries a 3i in his bag and hits it 175. He will trade it out with a 5W depending on the distances he is playing. He creates more spin with it than he does the hybrid and that is the real reason he carries it. Can't get a hybrid to hold the green and doesn't like the fact that he tends to hook the hybrid because of the draw bias in them. He give up less than 5 yards carry with the 3i, but more spin. He gets more spin out of the 5W than he does the hybrid as well. I only bought him 4i-PW and he asked me to buy the 3i because he couldn't hold greens with the hybrid. They day it came in was the day the hybrid went in the closet.

To me the biggest thing is the weight of the clubs. My 7 year old may be getting her next set in these. Getting the correct weight is the biggest issue in kids clubs. Too light of club and it doesn't go anywhere of course heavy clubs have issues as well that could be worse.

At 10 or 11 I would be looking at better clubs then these since a lot kids can handle heavier clubs if you build them correctly. If you buying for a older kid at the end of day it might not matter if you buy the old ones or new ones.

• 3 weeks later...

I am just looking for information. Like to know if there going to be that big of improvement are should I just go ahead and get the current tour series.

We have new driver and 3 wood and putter just holding out to see if the new irons are a big improvement. Thanks Shane

Hi, not sure if you ended up waiting, hope so.. We got our new ones last week and our junior loves them. The irons, wedges, hybrids, 3Wood and Driver have all been improved technically and perform better - faster face, higher launch angles, more forgiving etc. What you would expect from new technology..! Check out the review of the TS3's here, good technical info.. https://thejuniorgolfer.com/uskids-ts3/

Let us know how you like them if you got them. We got the irons, wedges and hybrids/3W only as our junior prefers putters and drivers from certain big brand names.

I am just looking for information. Like to know if there going to be that big of improvement are should I just go ahead and get the current tour series.

We have new driver and 3 wood and putter just holding out to see if the new irons are a big improvement. Thanks Shane

Hi, not sure if you ended up waiting, hope so.. We got our new ones last week and our junior loves them. The irons, wedges, hybrids, 3Wood and Driver have all been improved technically and perform better - faster face, higher launch angles, more forgiving etc. What you would expect from new technology..! Check out the review of the TS3's here, good technical info.. https://thejuniorgolfer.com/uskids-ts3/

Let us know how you like them if you got them. We got the irons, wedges and hybrids/3W only as our junior prefers putters and drivers from certain big brand names.

Good to hear, I am close but was waiting on a little feedback. What size is your golfer in? we are going OEM driver too, but still unsure about fairway wood and hybrids. Any more specific review info on these clubs and how you may of decided on sticking with USKG 3w & hyb. Instead of OEM ?

Thanks

Hi, not sure if you ended up waiting, hope so.. We got our new ones last week and our junior loves them. The irons, wedges, hybrids, 3Wood and Driver have all been improved technically and perform better - faster face, higher launch angles, more forgiving etc. What you would expect from new technology..! Check out the review of the TS3's here, good technical info.. https://thejuniorgol...com/uskids-ts3/

Good to hear, I am close but was waiting on a little feedback. What size is your golfer in? we are going OEM driver too, but still unsure about fairway wood and hybrids. Any more specific review info on these clubs and how you may of decided on sticking with USKG 3w & hyb. Instead of OEM ?

Thanks

Our younger junior golfer is in size 60's. For hybrids and 3 wood we found that the USKids perform well, we like the whole set up, shaft weight, flex etc, and heads are hot enough that we don't see a huge difference between them and adult club brands. That said, our older child moved to Cobra hybrids and 3 & 5 woods at about 12 years old. It's just a pain to fit adult hybrids and 3 woods for juniors as you want to try get the right shaft flex and also swing weight (which can change significantly when you cut down a shaft). Once our younger is ready for size 63 (or close) then we will move him into the adult hybrids and 3 woods.

What age is your child and what drivers are you thinking about? This is a useful article on junior drivers: https://thejuniorgolfer.com/best-junior-golf-drivers/

Hi, not sure if you ended up waiting, hope so.. We got our new ones last week and our junior loves them. The irons, wedges, hybrids, 3Wood and Driver have all been improved technically and perform better - faster face, higher launch angles, more forgiving etc. What you would expect from new technology..! Check out the review of the TS3's here, good technical info.. https://thejuniorgol...com/uskids-ts3/

Thanks

Our younger junior golfer is in size 60's. For hybrids and 3 wood we found that the USKids perform well, we like the whole set up, shaft weight, flex etc, and heads are hot enough that we don't see a huge difference between them and adult club brands. That said, our older child moved to Cobra hybrids and 3 & 5 woods at about 12 years old. It's just a pain to fit adult hybrids and 3 woods for juniors as you want to try get the right shaft flex and also swing weight (which can change significantly when you cut down a shaft). Once our younger is ready for size 63 (or close) then we will move him into the adult hybrids and 3 woods.

What age is your child and what drivers are you thinking about? This is a useful article on junior drivers: https://thejuniorgol...r-golf-drivers/

I've been trying to convince myself not to buy the G400 for my son but there it is right in the list for best drivers for a junior in his age bracket... hopefully they go on sale for President's Day Weekend but PING is usually excluded. :cry:

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

Thanks

What age is your child and what drivers are you thinking about? This is a useful article on junior drivers: https://thejuniorgol...r-golf-drivers/

I've read that article before, good info. Looks like they updated it with M4 & F8 (which we will not be getting...$$$$$ ha!). 7 year old boy. Currently using UL48 irons, hyb, 3w and TS51 (last version) Driver , and cut down odyssey metal x milled putter. He is 51.5" tall, so moving into 51"-ish set imminently. Likely will go with TS3 Irons & Wedges. Still trying to figure out driver though. As we all know - the trouble with kids drivers is its very tough to demo, especially at the younger ages, unless you bite the bullet on a few flynn shafts to test with each head....which isn't really economical. So it comes down to doing all the homework you can and picking one. At younger age, I am a bit more diligent about total weight, as I think it will matter more than if it were for older kids. Thinking M2 , XR16, and Cobra F7. Will go with Flynn shaft unless can get a good deal on a recoil 440es shaft that everyone is raving about. I've done some research on head weight and posted in another thread recently. One thing I did find interesting was that the Cobra F7 JR. head weighs in at 205.5g, compared to 200 for M2, and 192 for XR 16. I am at the point of paralysis by analysis I think, haha...just cant seem to find a reason that one driver set up jumps out over another. Need to pull the trigger, can always sell to recoup cost if it terribly disagrees with his swing.

Thanks

I've been trying to convince myself not to buy the G400 for my son but there it is right in the list for best drivers for a junior in his age bracket... hopefully they go on sale for President's Day Weekend but PING is usually excluded. :cry:

I thought y’all were playing ping already?