2018 NBA Season

I think unless Davis says "Lakers only" which really has almost never been done (even Carmelo said he'd go to either Brooklyn or NY), there's no way Davis gets traded until the offseason.

If he does not, I think it's more likely they tell him to stay home , tank, and really hope they get a high pick and hope maybe the Knicks become players too if they get say the #2 pick.

Best case is maybe Durant goes to NY and they are willing to trade the #2 pick or something for Davis

Than you get RJ Barrett, plus your own pick which might end up at like #6....and you're off

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think unless Davis says "Lakers only" which really has almost never been done (even Carmelo said he'd go to either Brooklyn or NY), there's no way Davis gets traded until the offseason.

If he does not, I think it's more likely they tell him to stay home , tank, and really hope they get a high pick and hope maybe the Knicks become players too if they get say the #2 pick.

Best case is maybe Durant goes to NY and they are willing to trade the #2 pick or something for Davis

Than you get RJ Barrett, plus your own pick which might end up at like #6....and you're off

I can’t see them telling him to stay home when he’s willing to play. How do you sell that to season ticket holders and the team?

I'd trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, josh hart and a couple first for him.

idk that is a ton of a value at that point. then you run into cavs issues of just like signing random vets for minimum to try to fill roster.

could be biggest trade ever in NBA?

I'd be pissed if kyrie goes to LAL, that would be ridiculous

I can’t see them telling him to stay home when he’s willing to play. How do you sell that to season ticket holders and the team?

Just have to hope they understand about the better draft position, maybe have to do some promos or refund for season ticket holders an amount

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I'd trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuzma, josh hart and a couple first for him.

idk that is a ton of a value at that point. then you run into cavs issues of just like signing random vets for minimum to try to fill roster.

could be biggest trade ever in NBA?

I'd be pissed if kyrie goes to LAL, that would be ridiculous

Lakers would still be able to sign another max or close to it next year. With AD and LeBron its a problem worth having. As a Laker fan AD is one of the only players in the league you do this for.

Just have to hope they understand about the better draft position, maybe have to do some promos or refund for season ticket holders an amount

Just read this.

After agent Rich Paul of Klutch Sports told ESPN on Monday that he had informed the Pelicans that Davis wouldn’t sign an extension this summer and wanted a trade, multiple league sources expect the agent and star to soon deliver word throughout the league that Davis’ preferred destination is the Lakers and he’ll become a rental player until 2020 with a trade anywhere else.

It would be an attempt to depress offers in the marketplace, a way to perhaps make the Lakers’ trade package more appealing.

You guys should listen to the Zach Lowe podcast with Howard Beck and Brian Windhorst yesterday. It's super informative.

They did talk about how trading for Davis makes it harder to sign another max player. It would actually be better for them to sign another max player first THAN trade for Davis. Not impossible but a lot better to sign someone than do the trade. but they also would want to get Davis before anyone else can

Windhorst seems to think there's a list of 3-4 teams that he's interested in which includes the obvious ones but maybe Philly aswell. I am sure the Simmons thing will come up again. Lowe thought Denver and Toronto would think very hard about siakam or Murray based packages

They all agree though a lot depends on what new Orleans wants. Look at San Antonio, they didn't want to rebuild. New Orleans may prefer a guy like Jamal Murray who is already a borderline Allstar

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think someone may sneak in and get Jrue Holiday for nothing because they are so focused on AD.

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I mentioned this earlier regarding Dennis Smith, but i mean....he's come back after the media basically buried him like Dallas should just salary dump him....and played really well, had a 13-15-10 triple double tonight.

I just never understood it. He's a super athletic 6'3 guard shooting 35% from 3 as a 21yr old and guys are like "he can never play with Luka"....like he's supposed to be JJ Redick moving off the ball already.

I hope Dallas does hold onto him. Its OK to have 2 guys who can dribble a basketball on your team

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I mentioned this earlier regarding Dennis Smith, but i mean....he's come back after the media basically buried him like Dallas should just salary dump him....and played really well, had a 13-15-10 triple double tonight.

I just never understood it. He's a super athletic 6'3 guard shooting 35% from 3 as a 21yr old and guys are like "he can never play with Luka"....like he's supposed to be JJ Redick moving off the ball already.

I hope Dallas does hold onto him. Its OK to have 2 guys who can dribble a basketball on your team

I mean, for Kristaps....I guess it's okay

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In other news WTF WTF

Dallas are wizards. They are legitimately wizards. They had zero and now they have Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis due to the bumbling-ness of other teams

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

In other news WTF WTF

Dallas are wizards. They are legitimately wizards. They had zero and now they have Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis due to the bumbling-ness of other teams

Lawd Knicks.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

I still am baffled by this. I like Dallas so this is fun... I didn't want to see Luka become the next Anthony Davis (too good too soon to build around through the draft), so this was really what Dallas needed to do, which is go after a young guy who becomes available hard. So bravo Mavs for really jumping in here

But man , what the heck went on behind the scenes? I need a Lowe/Windhorst podcast ASAP. How does this go from "maybe there's a trade request" to him being in Dallas in 45 minutes? No one could beat the offer of Dennis Smith and cap space for one of the most ideal modern big men? (coming off an injury, but 23yrs old). That's it? Dennis Smith? and i LIKE Dennis Smith

Also, why are the Knicks so confident that they are in a rush to clear those 2 max cap spaces? Kyrie is in Boston and people guessing where Durant is going to go worked out so well last time. If Davis gets traded to Boston the Knicks meeting with Durant is like "OK, so we have Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith, you in?"

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I still am baffled by this. I like Dallas so this is fun... I didn't want to see Luka become the next Anthony Davis (too good too soon to build around through the draft), so this was really what Dallas needed to do, which is go after a young guy who becomes available hard. So bravo Mavs for really jumping in here

But man , what the heck went on behind the scenes? I need a Lowe/Windhorst podcast ASAP. How does this go from "maybe there's a trade request" to him being in Dallas in 45 minutes? No one could beat the offer of Dennis Smith and cap space for one of the most ideal modern big men? (coming off an injury, but 23yrs old). That's it? Dennis Smith? and i LIKE Dennis Smith

Also, why are the Knicks so confident that they are in a rush to clear those 2 max cap spaces? Kyrie is in Boston and people guessing where Durant is going to go worked out so well last time. If Davis gets traded to Boston the Knicks meeting with Durant is like "OK, so we have Kevin Knox and Dennis Smith, you in?"

The Knicks have hope: if they add 2 max players like Kyrie and KD to Dennis Smith, Knox, and one of the Duke players, they look like a team that could win the East next year.

So if the Knicks start doing everything right all of sudden, then they could be real good real soon.

It's true that if everything goes the way it CAN go, the Knicks could be really good. But essentially they are just a bad team in a great market with a lot of cap space. So that isn't horrific, but it can also not go the way they want.

If Kyrie and Durant go there and they get Zion, they look like geniuses. But that to me just can't be a done deal at this point. What if the Warriors don't win the title, what if the Celtics get Davis, etc etc. People were penciling Paul George to the Lakers at one point like it was a done deal i just don't even think the players know what they want right now

The Knicks could have the worst record in the league and there's still a chance they end up with the 5th pick. I mean if they don't get Kevin Durant and the pick ends up at #4 or something ....oh boy.

I just can't imagine they couldn't get a better offer, this is a week before the deadline

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Porzingis looked like and early MVP candidate last year. Can't believe D Smith was the best they could do.

I saw DAndre and Mathews might be buyout candidates. I could see the Warriors getting DAndre and Lakers or Rockets getting Mathews.

Essentially with this deal, they have to get free agents or they look horrible. It's clear that the formula was: Young talent + loads of cap space ....and this deal gives the Knicks that. I don't know that many teams wanted Tim Hardaway Jr's contract, and Dallas could give them like 35M in expiring between Jordan and Matthews

All that said, this only works if you get free agents. If not you just gave away a 23yr old who averaged 23ppg and shot 40% from 3 who is 7'3 and plays with a mean streak.

Because without the cap space requirement of the trade, everyone knows they could get WAY more for Porzingis

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Now being reported that they got two first round picks too. Earlier reports didn't include this and then others said one first round pick

2 first rounders plus Smith is not horrible. Dallas will likely have a good team but they ARE in the west and late first rounders can still be packaged for things

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Now being reported that they got two first round picks too. Earlier reports didn't include this and then others said one first round pick

2 first rounders plus Smith is not horrible. Dallas will likely have a good team but they ARE in the west and late first rounders can still be packaged for things

Porzingus needs to prove he can stay healthy... Luke and Porzingus both have crazy high ceilings, like HOF high.

This really limits Dallas's flexibility for adding players around Luka and Porzingis. They've added a lot of payroll, and are about to add a ton more with Porzingis - and they'll have only 3 draft picks the next 7 years. This reminds me very much of how the Pelicans handled things with Davis.

This really limits Dallas's flexibility for adding players around Luka and Porzingis. They've added a lot of payroll, and are about to add a ton more with Porzingis - and they'll have only 3 draft picks the next 7 years. This reminds me very much of how the Pelicans handled things with Davis.

I agree it's alot of picks. Dallas is really hoping they can sign guys too. Although at least they only need to sign role players or good players as oppose to stars (assuming KP is healthy)

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I think a pretty even trade. hardway is a pretty good player too. but knicks got a lot of value too.

I think a pretty even trade. hardway is a pretty good player too. but knicks got a lot of value too.

I guess it's a trade that we're rushing to judgement on, myself included. But so much of it will depend on what happens in the next like, 5-6 years. I mean even the Harden trade becomes less of a catastrophe the better Steven Adams gets, and the Jrue Holiday trade to NO was once considered highway robbery in Philly's favor, when in reality the players they got back were Nerlens Noel and MCW who are on the fringes of the league

But for this to work for NY they have to sign major free agents and also hope that KP gets either injured or doesnt resign in Dallas. If Dallas doesn't become great and the picks end up looking like they'll be OK, maybe they end up packaging them one day for Giannis to come play with a 32yr old Kevin Durant.

But man, all the Knicks fans i know are pissed. Because i think they assume Dallas will become good, and they'll strike out on KD and Kyrie

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Knicks got fleeced. 70 million in cap means nothing when You can’t sign anyone. Last time they had this much cap who did they sign again?

Getting a young guard who doesn’t like coaching and is mentally weak in a city full of distractions.

Gg mavs. Cuban

Paradym ADTP 6s
Paradym X 3W ADDI 7s
Rogue SZ 5W ADDI 7s
Callaway Apex Pro 4H ADDI 85s
Titleist T200 5i, T100 6-PW Accra i100
Titleist 50F-54S-58M Accra i105

Newport 2 Tri Sole

Pro-V1x

I believe they got the full Amar'e Stoudemire for 5 months last time. Than had the top half of him for 3-4 more years

Deschamps Crisp Antique