MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

I'm kinda with DC. I love where I am (Falls Church).

Great schools, 5 mins from the beltway and 66, nice little town with good food and drink. Close to the city for more food and drink, Caps, Nats and other culture. And I'm less than an hour (non-rush hour) to pretty much any golf south of Baltimore.

Would I like to live next to a private course I belonged to? Sure. But would I give up being 15 minutes from the city to live in Haymarket or Leesburg? No.

TSR2 10* w/Atmos TS 60X

Sim2 Max 18*

Sim2 Max 4h

T-200 3i
Apex/Apex Pro Smoke '19 blend 5i-PW
SM8 50*
SM8 58*
Meridian Tybee

I wasn't going to revisit #bagTalkTuesday, but since so many people seem unable to drop it. . .

So many people == CityGame.

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18308468

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18308096

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18308262

http://www.golfwrx.c...0#entry18308352

Every single one of those posts is a stupid joke about yesterday's discussion, not a continuation of it.

Somewhat related question: if you guys didn't have to factor your work location in to the equation, where would you live in the area? So home value/cost, neighborhood, amenities, golf, and schools if you have kids.

FAbb rant.

I swear whoever came up with and runs any of those school rating systems is primarily putting out nonsense. From what I can tell, all any of those ratings are is a ranking of median household income.

There's standardization at the state level, and at the county level on top of that. Yet you see ratings all over the board within Howard county, which is all suburbs. The schools where more of the lower income housing is get rated lower, and the schools out in Richie Rich Clarskville get rated the best. I refuse to believe that those ratings mean anything about the quality of education a kid can receive at either such school.

DUMB.

I wasn't going to revisit #bagTalkTuesday, but since so many people seem unable to drop it. . .

Every single one of those posts is a stupid joke about yesterday's discussion, not a continuation of it.

Yes, we agree [half-snarky comments about an otherwise dead topic] == [unable to drop it]

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Yes, we agree [half-snarky comments about an otherwise dead topic] == [unable to drop it]

We don't agree. But if you want to have a discussion on leather golf bags, that's allowed. Unless you just wanted the last word and now we should drop it? Neither way is any smarter or dumber than most of the stuff we discuss here, so I'm cool with it.

Somewhat related question: if you guys didn't have to factor your work location in to the equation, where would you live in the area? So home value/cost, neighborhood, amenities, golf, and schools if you have kids.

FAbb rant.

I swear whoever came up with and runs any of those school rating systems is primarily putting out nonsense. From what I can tell, all any of those ratings are is a ranking of median household income.

There's standardization at the state level, and at the county level on top of that. Yet you see ratings all over the board within Howard county, which is all suburbs. The schools where more of the lower income housing is get rated lower, and the schools out in Richie Rich Clarskville get rated the best. I refuse to believe that those ratings mean anything about the quality of education a kid can receive at either such school.

DUMB.

Yeah, school ratings are directly correlated with income. Richer kids have more resources and their parents are better educated, so the schools are going to be 'better'.

I'm pretty happy living in Bethesda. Suburban lifestyle with a walkable downtown and close to the city. The schools are good. My only issue is that the high school my kids are in is ginormous. 2700 kids? 700 in their 9th grade class. Madness.

I noticed in Bethesda that the richest high school (WW) is actually lower rated than a few others. I guess because they hit a tipping point where it's rich enough that a bunch of kids go to private schools? I don't know. The other ones that are considered the top in the state are in less expensive, but still expensive, areas.

This is for Eagle in reference to my bag, but also for anyone else whom needs some entertainment...

TSR4 9* with Graphite Design AD-IZ 6X
SIM2 13.75* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70TX

SIM2 17.5* with PX Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 80TX
Srixon ZX7 4-9 with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 46F with KBS $-Taper 130X
Titleist SM9 50F with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM9 54S with KBS $-Taper 130X

Titleist SM8 58L with KBS $-Taper 130X
Brandon Matthews NO.1 CAP Custom

Titleist ProV1

FAbb rant.

DUMB.

you guys ready for something i believe in??? "all organizations are a reflection of their leadership". i meant it's not just true. it's really really true.

except for howard county schools!!! you know why the schools are good? because the kids all come from highly educated families that emphasize education. the superintendent feels the need to send an email to every parent every time a tragedy happens around the world. for some weird reason it tilts me sooo hard. schools are not the parents. rant combination

Also fun fact. FABB's son goes to the #1 rated Elementary School in the state.

Also fun fact. FABB's son goes to the #1 rated Elementary School in the state.

I've officially learned something new, so I can mail it in for the rest of the day now.

I knew the schools were "good" but I didn't know I could lord over everybody else how superior my child is going to be because they attended the #1 elementary school in the state. Suck it, everybody else's kids!

i met lilfabb one day at blue mash. kid was cute as a button. looked sturdy. firm handshake. obviously took after mom.

Inaugural Hive Club Champ, at Blue Mash. Wife was working, so I couldn't play, but showed up to pay.

I can't remember which was which, but one of my kids was rooting for City, and one was rooting for Domes.

i met lilfabb one day at blue mash. kid was cute as a button. looked sturdy. firm handshake. obviously took after mom.

Inaugural Hive Club Champ, at Blue Mash. Wife was working, so I couldn't play, but showed up to pay.

I can't remember which was which, but one of my kids was rooting for City, and one was rooting for Domes.

See eagle? You gotta play hard-to-get.

that's right, you had both of them that day. you were carrying the little one, which explains why you had your wrists taped up even tho you weren't playing.

sidenote: i hope your kids never get the gambling bug. they like to pick losers.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Random question :

A few weeks ago, I had a screw in my tire. It went flat. Got it plugged.

That was UN-related to the other tire which had some tear in it and I got a used tire.

Anyway, the plugged tire is getting low and seems to have a slow leak. Was at 25 PSI, down from 40+ a few weeks ago.

Do you try to get the plug done again ($20) or just put on another used tire ($80)? What's your play?

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Random question :

A few weeks ago, I had a screw in my tire. It went flat. Got it plugged.

That was UN-related to the other tire which had some tear in it and I got a used tire.

Anyway, the plugged tire is getting low and seems to have a slow leak. Was at 25 PSI, down from 40+ a few weeks ago.

Do you try to get the plug done again ($20) or just put on another used tire ($80)? What's your play?

This happened to me a month ago. I got it plugged again and haven't had an issue. I'm getting close to having to replace all of them, so I'll just buy four in a few months or when the plugged one starts leaking again if sooner.

You're not supposed to replace just one tire, right? Two at a minimum?

edit - I will say that my first plug lasted 7 or 8 months. If your plug only lasted a few weeks, maybe it's more serious and not worth replugging.