NFL weekly pick's contest (season long) 2018

touch

42849546_2148454901867853_8992243899443445760_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&oh=e1400e01f420e2e01317bdee9f91f436&oe=5C5EB8FA

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3 & 5 fw  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4   4 & 5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790  6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42806449_1112245268937900_512755894698639360_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&oh=087e732360f8e70aa4f85a99e0d31171&oe=5C511B6A

Week 4 Lines

Thursday

Minnesota at L.A. Rams - 6 1/2 50

Sunday

Miami at N. England -7 47 1/2

Houston at Indy -1 47

Cincinnati at Atlanta - 5 1/2 50 1/2

Buffalo at Green Bay -10 45

Detroit at Dallas -3 43 1/2

N.Y. Jets at Jacksonville -7 1/2 38 1/2

Tampa Bay at Chicago -3 46 1/2

Philadelphia -4 at Tennessee 41 1/2

Seattle -3 at Arizona 39

Cleveland at Oakland -2 45

San Fran at L.A. Chargers -10 46

New Orleans -3 1/2 at N.Y. Giants 50

Baltimore at Pittsburgh -3 51

Monday Night

Kansas City -5 at Denver 55 1/2

This sucks... but I guess it's supposed to.

The Bills have been eating up NFC North teams so far, and if there is a team that could run the ball fewer times than the Vikings (4 handoffs), it would be the Packers. I'll pass.

The undefeated Miami Dolphins, who only needed 32 plays from scrimmage to score 28 points, are getting 7 points from the 1-2 team that lost to the Lions. Oh yeah, it's the Patriots on a 2 game losing streak. Pass.

The Baltimore Ravens... pass.

The San Diego Chargers are giving 10 points to the Jimmy Garappolo-less 49ers. SF giving up 30 pts/game, and I don't see them scoring 20.

Super Chargers -10.

New Orleans Saints vs NY Giants. I kinda like the under (50 pts), since the Giants are only giving up 20.7 pts/gm and scoring even fewer. But, the Saints score a lot and have a balanced offense. I'll give the points.

Saints -3.5

Seattle did enough to beat a struggling Dallas team by 9 pts. The only team that scores less than the Cowboys is the Cardinals. I don't think you can go wrong giving the points or taking the under (39 pts). But, I'll probably found out differently, lol.

Seahawks -3

The Chargers have to come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat SF?! Seattle playing to their opponent's level again. I didn't like any of these lines and that's the way it played out. I managed to pick one of the 2 'Fail to cover' games (not counting lossses) and the only push.

1-1-1 this week

6-4-2 season

Week 4 Lines

Thursday

Sunday

Houston at Indy -1 47

Seattle -3 at Arizona 39

Monday Night

I wanna jump on Minny/LA so bad tonight after last weeks performance. No players like playing these Thursday night games. Sloppy football and the under look very intriguing.

Miami always plays the Pats tough. But not sure the last time they played them in Foxboro while being 3-0 and the Pats 1-2. Staying away from this one.

Seattle a small favorite playing a rookie QB getting his first start. Both teams struggle to score but you'd think a Super Bowl winning QB can beat a rookie QB by 3 Points.

Cleveland +2: Cleveland 3-0 ATS this season....... So why not. Raiders suck, Browns keep it close. Hell, may even win or tie again. Brownies cover either way.

Saints -3.5: Eli wont be able to keep up with NO high power offense. Kamara and MT will be too much to handle. Saints win/cover.

SF/LA Under: Look for SF to run and try and take the air out of the ball. Chargers win 30-13 and the under prevails.

Week 4: 1-2

Overall: 6-6

Ahhh Mush!!!

Waiting for the Chiefs to play before I update my total, but I think any of us that picked thw OAK/CLE game deserve an asterisk next to the score since that game was an officiating nightmare.

tell me about it! I was so sure that game was over after that hyde run. Even if he was short how are you going to change a ruling on the field without inconclusive evidence... and this is coming from a Raider fan?! There were blown calls all over the place although for once, most of them fell the Oakland's way. This was NOT a good look for the NFL when the officials on the field were supposed to be the most "experienced" crew working this season

Week 4 2-1 F'in Philly again. No more.

Season 5-7

me -

week 4 2-1 G men suck - lol

season 5-7

Hey Q.,

You trying to copy me dude?

lol

neck and neck the basement dwellers BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Season 5-7

me -

season 5-7

Hey Q.,

lol

Rough 0-2-1 week for 4-7-1 overall. Bleh.

On behalf of all Chiefs fans, thank you back judge for missing the critical delay of game call that likely cost Denver the game.

Oh ohhh we have a new young buck on the block challenger. :drinks:

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Season 5-7

me -

season 5-7

Hey Q.,

lol

Rough 0-2-1 week for 4-7-1 overall. Bleh.

On behalf of all Chiefs fans, thank you back judge for missing the critical delay of game call that likely cost Denver the game.

Oh ohhh we have a new young buck on the block challenger. :drinks:

And yeah adam if the ref had been paying attention you would/should be 5-6-1.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Week 5 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Indy at New England -10 1/2 51 1/2

Sunday

Baltimore -3 at Cleveland 47

Jacksonville at KC -3 49

Tenn -3 1/2 at Buffalo 39

NY Giants at Carolina -7 44 1/2

Denver at NY Jets -2 1/2 42 1/2

Atlanta at Pittsburgh -3 57

Green Bay -1 at Detroit 51

Miami at Cincy -6 1/2 49 1/2

Oakland at LA Chargers -5 1/2 53 1/2

Arizona at San Fran -4 41

Minnesota at Philadelphia -3 44 1/2

LA Rams -7 at Seattle 51

Dallas at Houston -3 1/2 45 1/2

Monday Night

Washington at N. Orleans -6 1/2 52 1/2

Who is leading this thing?

Can someone help a commissioner out?

Anyone with a perfect 12-0?

First place currently is somebody with only one loss correct? I believe there are two participants with only a pair of losses.

Thanks in advance (someone here) for giving us a top 5 maybe (with their records)?

thanks

touch

nfl-picks-weekly-.jpg

9-2 1puttut

8-4 P3P

6-4-2 Crab

6-6 Commercetiger and CHuntsman

5-7 Qqq and Touch

Lizie isn't on this page so I can't see her score.

Thanks and Go Pens

Who is leading this thing?

Can someone help a commissioner out?

Anyone with a perfect 12-0?

First place currently is somebody with only one loss correct? I believe there are two participants with only a pair of losses.

Thanks in advance (someone here) for giving us a top 5 maybe (with their records)?

thanks

touch

nfl-picks-weekly-.jpg

Brutal week for America. They lose 71.5-10.5, Patrick Reed goes Antonio Brown in the press, the only thing he didn't say was, "I cant throw (hit) the ball to myself." And most sad is the death of the boy on the football field after suffering a head trauma injury. For the parent in the thread, don't F with concussions... EVER. Don't rub dirt on it, or suck it up, sit out and live.

Because I ride with the winners only, here are the weekly picks with a Euro slant.

Chargers over Raiders. My gosh did I get drunk in Helsinki trying to get on local time. And what an amazing city! Street shows, street vendors, beautiful architecture, and honestly, the most pleasant people I have met. Of course, I had no idea what they were saying, but they did smile when they said it. Did you know Raiders player Michael Quarshie is from Finland? I didn't either, but he is, so that is my connection to the black and silver. But I digress. Being the proud owner of a winter fox hat like you would see in the movies purchased in the bustling Helsinki downtown my pick should be the Raiders. But then I am reminded of the pleasantness of the Finns and just dont see it translating to the rough and tumble football field. So I am going to take the Chargers and their Euro connection George Gross from Romania, but in my heart, I would love to visit Helsinki again.

GB over Detroit. I have never been to Ireland, but I absolutely want to go. Who wouldn't want to drink Guinness and wander through the James Joyce museum wondering, "What was he on when he wrote Ulysses?" Plus, its on the Euro so it is much less expensive than Scotland which is still on the pound. Whats the connection you ask? Well Bertie Maher is from Ireland, and he plays/played for the Lions. Speaking of Ireland did I mention U2? Back in the early 80s I got rejected at the doors of "The Decade" because i was 14 and wanted to get into the bar to see U2... yeah, U2 in a bar. They are also from Ireland. I did see them a few years ago, and next time they tour, I hope to see them again. So with all this love for Ireland, how can I pick against Detroit? Easy, Matt Stafford isn't from Ireland, and I just dont see them getting it done. Oh, and GB has one of the few Europeans in the Football HOF in Jan Stenerud (Nor).

It was 95 degrees and the subway was packed, but i remember it like yesterday. We had never visited the city, but the first stop had to be the Coliseum and the Forum, and when we walked out of the subway and the Coliseum facade was right there, it was awe inspiring. To walk through and imagine the gore, the screaming Romans, and the first removable roof in history. Absolutely amazing. Anyway, did you know the Steelers had an Italian on their team? Well they did. If it was Franciso Molinari, I would take the Steelers, but it was Elnardo Webster, so I can't pick against the Steelers, but I can pick the over. More relational to this pick is this, while in the forum you can look up on the hill and see Nero's castle. Yep, that Nero, who fiddled while Rome burned. Kind of reminds me of Tomlin's pressers, Coach Cliche saying "next man up," "the standard is the standard," etc. I have always defended Tomlin, but at some point I have to look up on the hill and wonder if Pgh is burning and Tomlin is fiddling.

Safeway Open this week (I think), so I will be back to my normal inane pick em strategy.

Week 5 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Jacksonville at KC -3 49

LA Rams -7 at Seattle 51

Monday Night

The Ravens beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh by 12, so, surely they should beat the Browns by more than 3... right?... I mean, it's the Browns... but it's also the Ravens. Pass

As much as it pains me to say this, I think the Bengals are for real this year... or at least for the next 13 weeks.

Cincy -6.5

The Chiefs are 4-0 against the spread*, so far. 3 points doesn't seem like a lot at home, even vs the Jags.

KC -3

New England vs Indy. Average game score for both teams is 46.5. I'll take the under - 51.5 .

*- Disclaimer: Evidently not, using spreads given here - not sure what source was used. Maybe game time.

Week 4 Lines

Thursday

Sunday

Houston at Indy -1 47

Seattle -3 at Arizona 39

Monday Night

Well, we have a southern team playing in a cool climate after wearing down those Raiders in the 90+ degree heat smartly wearing those black jerseys.

They will not be so fortunate in Foxboro, with a caveat. New England has very little offensive weapons, Gronk is being double teamed and bracketed, Edelman still out, Gordon looks iffy to doubtful, Burkhead out for the year.

The Patriots should have some guys back on defense. Give me the Pats on the money line, but we can not bet the money line here. So I like the +7 but I can not in good faith take the Dolphins on the road against a Belichick team that has lost 2 in a row. You have to believe he will focus on special teams, defense and ball control. That said Tannehill is 13-1 in his last combined starts. That is better than Tom Brady. I will take a pass on this game but still think the Patriots find a way to win it.

We have those wild and crazy Cajun Crawfish of the delta traveling to the Big Apple looking to take down Eli and Odell as we watch two of some the most talented young running backs in the league, Kamara, and Barkley, This is another game where the home team is traditionally the team you give home field advantage a lot of credence. Not this time. I think the Saints will prevail in a close fought game, but not willing to lay the -3.5 Pass

I will take the Over 50 in this game a little risky if the Giants defense plays better at home. But give me the over 50.

I have been hearing if the Chiefs come in and blow out the Broncos on primetime TV the Defensive coordinator might be fired. Broncos will lean heavily on the run and try to keep Mahomes on the pine drinking Gatorade. That is not going to be enough to stop that train. "All my rowdy friends" hate the ESPN coverage of MNF but this game should be fun to watch. I will take the Chiefs -5

I think the Bears will bring the heat on Fitztragic and it could be a long day for them on the road. That said the Trubisky train has yet to leave the station. I think the train starts to chug a little more this week against the suspect Tampa defense. And Tampa should score just enough to push this line over 46.5 Taking the Over 46.5 Bear vs Bucs

I think the Bucs can win this one on the road if Trubisky does not lead them to at least 21 points. I think he does, but Tampa "is scoring is scoring does"... already!

Good Luck All

Well, the Mahomes Train finally got rolling in the 4th quarter. And he put on a show that was Favre like. I have not been thrilled like that since the Rams/Vikings game LoL But this was more of Mahomes putting the team on his shoulders and bringing them back with a left-handed toss. He was so much fun to watch in that 4th quarter. Andy Reid looks like the QB Whisperer at his point. He has coaxed career years out of mediocre QB's and made McNabb a bonified stud and now Mahomes is going to be a star in this league. All that said I gave 5pts and the Chiefs won by 4 No matter it was a great game. The script was pretty much what I expected. Denver at home played stubborn defense in the first half managed to grind out two running TD's and stake an early 10 point lead. They should have stayed committed to the run. The only way to beat a team with a dynamic QB is to keep him on the bench.

Week 4 2-1 Overall 7-5

1-2, 1-2, 3-0, 2-1.

Cleveland impressed me a lot last week. so I'm going with them at +3 over the Ravens

The Rams have been killing it for me IRL so I'm going to keep riding this horse til it drops, -7 over the sea chickens

And finally, SF -4 over the lowly cardinals. Even without Jimmy G., Shanahan sure knows how to put a good game plan together

TLDR Week 5 Recap:

CLE +3

LAR -7

SF -4

Let's Go!!!

My first pick will be New England laying the 10 1/2.

Foxboro is a tough enough place to win as it is.

It's a Prime Time game.

It's the GOAT in prime time.

Andrew Luck is without 5 starters on offense.

Pats roll!

1200312_1.jpg

Week 5 Lines for picks

Thursday Night

Sunday

Jacksonville at KC -3 49

LA Rams -7 at Seattle 51

Monday Night

Arizona +4: Call me crazy. But the last 13 times the 49er's have been a home favorite, they're 0-11-2 ATS! Give me the points.

Oakland + 5.5: It was either this or ATL/PIT Over.I like the points here. Tha Raaaiiiiiiders (Best Berman Voice) win/cover.

Minnesota +3: Not a fan of Philly's secondary, huge fan of Minny's WR. I see them having a big day. Wentz doesn't seem to be 100% yet. Vikings win/cover.

Overall 6-6: