2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

ASK QUESTIONS: Golf Pride Grips Live Q&A! Thursday, April 11th 12pm ET / 9am PT

Hi bladehunter. The only full cord midsize model we offer is the ZGRIP (both round and ALIGN Technology). With the widespread success of the MCC family, the midsize full cord models have become less likely to be carried at retail. We totally understand there is a demand for midsize full cord, and try to make that available in 1 option. But I appreciate the feedback on your interest in the midsize Tour Velvet Full Cord.

Good question Nam2212. Yes, the ALIGN models have been very well received on TOUR. The players on TOUR are very particular with their grip choices. Most built their games on a specific Golf Pride model and stick with that their entire career. It's not well known, but close to 1 out of 3 players on TOUR use a grip with a "reminder or rib" or ALIGN Technology. They understand how important repeatable hand placement is to playing elite golf. And that's exactly what ALIGN Technology provides. Players take time to make grip changes, but we've seen terrific conversion rates with players who used to play traditional ribbed grips into ALIGN models. And even players who play round grips have switched to ALIGN Technology.

Hi Roland. We look at several things. TOUR usage is important (which will drive consumer interest) and obviously consumer testing (which we do a tremendous amount of to dial-in product). It is combination of those 2 pieces which can give us a pretty good read on the market and how a product will perform. Many of the technologies we innovate bubble up from those 2 forums. At the end of the day, we strive to create products and technology that help golfers play better golf. And of course are embraced by the world's most elite players. If you check these 2 boxes, it goes a long way in ensuring product success!

This is a tough one to answer properly without seeing you putt. It sounds like you have issues breaking your wrists and inviting an open or shut face. And you want to get more of a straight back and through stroke going. Several of the TOUR SNSR options could work. The STRAIGHT (blue) model with its consistent shape from end cap to mouth can help players have equal pressure in both hands through the stroke. The Contour (red) with its flared pistol kick can help you lock in your wrist and prevent flipping. The bottom line is you need to try some different shapes within the TOUR SNSR line to see what works for you and your stroke. The putter grip needs to deliver "feel" (which the TOUR SNSR material certainly does) and have a shape that blends well with your stroke. Thanks for the compliment on the TOUR SNSR line, very much appreciated.

Hi StHosel. You can use either, but I will say this: be careful when installing grips with cord with an air compressor. You'll hear the cord "pop" which is breaking the strands within the rubber. That's not good. It will cause fraying and make the grip wear out quicker. The guys on the TOUR vans use solvent. It evaporates quickly and allows the little "tweaks" players are looking for. With compressed air, you cannot be as exact to get texture patterns, specific lines, etc on the grip PERFECTLY situated. Plus it's tougher to tweak the grip after install. Also, if you do use compressed air, be sure to still use 2-sided tape. Trust me when I tell you the guys on TOUR want that layer of tape as a guarantee that grip will never move mid swing. I've seen club technicians at repair shops blowing grips on bare steel or masking tape with no stickiness. That's taking a chance. Just my 2 cents.

Hi tocino. We use the red as an identifier to call-out ALIGN Technology, regardless of model. Both ALIGN ridge and end cap. So we have no plans to offer that in other colors as it would dilute the message we are trying to communicate. Hope this helps. As a side note, you can now get the MCC ALIGN in Green. Green end cap and green ridge.

Hi Marks. To answer your question, golfers overall, collectively buy a few basic colors. These colors sell more than all other colors combined. It's black, white, red, blue. Think of it like golf balls. Most golf balls sold are white. But some are yellow and orange. Then there are more fringe colors. So the golfing public essentially decides what colors we release by what they purchase and install on their clubs. Of course there's always opportunities for fun splashes of color here and there. Appreciate your question and feedback.

Hi joker. Currently there are no plans for a Tour Velvet Full Cord Plus 4 model. I hear you on needing a full cord PLUS 4 model as it provides stability and torque reduction which you require. Appreciate the product feedback. All this helps us shape future products. With regards to the thinner or smaller TOUR SNSR Contour Pro, we only offer that in a 140cc and 104cc. There are no plans right now to roll that out in a smaller shape. But again, your feedback helps. I know there are a group of players out there that like smaller shape putter grips. Especially the players on TOUR.

• Like 1

Hi BiggErn. Yes, we are always looking for ways to make it easier for players that have adjustable clubs to play our grips, regardless of model or technology. Would you use it on only adjustable clubs or the entire set? Some players ask for 360 style grips because they simply do not want to see any logos on the grip surface.

> @brucemiller said:

> Hi BiggErn. Yes, we are always looking for ways to make it easier for players that have adjustable clubs to play our grips, regardless of model or technology. Would you use it on only adjustable clubs or the entire set? Some players ask for 360 style grips because they simply do not want to see any logos on the grip surface.

>

>

I would probably do the entire set. I have the stock “made for” velvets on my Taylormade P790s which I like but some cord would be nice. A great 360 grip imo would be something with cord for the upper hand only and not necessarily designed like the NDMC but that would be ok too.

• Like 1

I would love to see an Align version of the NDMC black grip. Was the black not a huge seller previously?

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

> @brucemiller said:

> Oaks, the Victory with ALIGN Technology? Old school with a new school twist. I like it.

Sign me up for a Prototype set if you ever do them... Greatest Grip Ever Produced!

Ping G425 LST w Accra TZ6CB      M5 Rocket 14* Accra RPG 472    CBX119 18* EvenFlow Black 
Mizuno MP20 MMC w KBS $Taper     Mizuno T22  50, 54, 60 - DG TI S400     LAB Mezz1 Max    OldSkool Ping L8
#TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

can we make Major Championships Limited Edition grips available for purchase to the public?? Pretty PLEASE!!

COBRA LTDx LS 9* 

Taylormade P790 2 Iron
Taylormade P790 3 - 4 Irons 
Taylormade P750 5 - 6 Irons 
Taylormade P730 7 - 9 Irons
ARTISAN GOLF 0318 mallet

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 45* wedge 

ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 50* wedge
ARTISAN GOLF custom grind 55* wedge

> @brucemiller said:

> > I would love to see an Align version of the NDMC black grip. Was the black not a huge seller previously?

> The MCC Black is a terrific grip, has tons of usage. But the contrast between the upper and lower hand is obviously more pronounced with the black/white MCC.

>

This is true. I can understand the initial release being just the black/white as it stands out more. But, as time goes on, will the Align tech be introduced to other color variations? I actually like the extra grab the align strip gives in my fingers. Feels like I can grip a little lighter and still get that grip to stay put.

Taylormade Qi10 9*/Ventus Blue 7X
Taylormade BRNR 13.5*/KBS TD Cat4 
Callaway AI Smoke 7w/AD IZ 8X
Cobra King CB 4-PW w/KBS $Taper
Taylormade Spider Tour Proto 34"
Taylormade MG4 52, 56, 62 S400
Taylormade 2024 TP5X

> @radiman said:

> > @brucemiller said:

> > > I would love to see an Align version of the NDMC black grip. Was the black not a huge seller previously?

> > The MCC Black is a terrific grip, has tons of usage. But the contrast between the upper and lower hand is obviously more pronounced with the black/white MCC.

> >

>

> This is true. I can understand the initial release being just the black/white as it stands out more. But, as time goes on, will the Align tech be introduced to other color variations? I actually like the extra grab the align strip gives in my fingers. Feels like I can grip a little lighter and still get that grip to stay put.

Sure, we will always consider high volume models to be interfaced with our latest technology. Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully you're watching The Masters. We have it on the big screen here in Pinehurst at Golf Pride HQ.

• Like 1

Hi Uflorida, good question. Golf Pride leads worldwide grip production to TOUR, OEM, and retail channel every year. As the leader in our category we see it as our responsibility to take ownership of our environmental footprint and the full life cycle of our products, and have several initiatives to capture waste. These initiatives span a wide spectrum from our manufacturing plants, retail grips sold, and even TOUR with the purpose to reduce waste. It's something that definitely is on our radar. Thanks for your question.