2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

The Natalie Gulbis Show

vanquish007

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tuned in on Tuesday like I'm sure a lot of people did.

I was just wondering what people thought of the show, Natalie, content, etc...

I for one thought it was pretty good! Anything Natalie is gonna make me tune in!!  :ok:

65110[/snapback]

I did not get to see it yet because in no way would my woman allow me to watch a show like that. She would know right away why I am watching :grin: It is on tonight at 8:30 and I am going to try and watch it then :cheesy: Yup, I am a wuss I admit it. :tongue:

My opinion...

Unfortunately, the show was a bust. There was simply nothing to it.

It played out like a mix between Cribs, Playing With the Pros, and a Dateline NBC special. The most potentially interesting part was her practice session with Butch Harmon.

Everybody tuned in for the same reason. Now everybody will tune out for the others.

I found it very dull. As someone said this and I agree with him, I thought she looked like a fake shopping mall shank. She does have nice legs but rest of her looked out of proportion.

I think I'll just record the next show so I can skip over the boring parts.

63 yr old's Bag of Hacking Utensils

TM Stealth 10.5, GD XC-6 stiff

TM Qi10 3HL GD DI-7 stiff

TM SIM2 Max 7 wood

TM SIM2 Rescue 19* & 23*

TM P770 5-PW, DG120 S300

TM MG4 52* & 58* DG 120 S300

Odyssey Ai-One #7 Broomstick 46"

I also got a strange look or two from my wife as I tuned in and she left the room. :tongue: :cheesy: :grin:

Overall I thought it was terrible. As mentioned in earlier posts, there was little content and it wasn't even remotely funny, entertaining, etc. That said, I'll give it another chance. If after two episodes I'm not impressed, I won't watch it again.

I thought the show was H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E!! It looked like they took out the old sony and taped a few things and threw it together. Her family is so uninteresting and red-neckish. It would have been cooler if it was more of a viva-la-bam style show but about a golfer. I honestly think it should be the paula creamer show. watching a show about paula would include actual content and humor! I think the only reason why some people watch natalie's show is just for natalie if ya know what i mean! This show had better get better... fast or else i'm changin the channel.

Fellas, fellas, relax. If I could find a blonde who is very good looking and plays to a scratch handicap I would marry her on the spot. If anything that show needs to fix is to get her dad off the show "If it ain't done right throw it over the fence." How does this guy get to go on golf courses in the first place?

I'm pretty sure that the golf channel will not let us down even though it will have strong viewership being that her show is right after The Big Break

She's a nice player........but I've got to admit I just don't "get" the hoopla'.......she isn't all that attractive IMOP......nice figure......nice player but not a world beater just yet......so she sold some calendars......big deal......I think Paula Creamer is prettier and a better player......so is Kerr.....IMOP.

Fellas, fellas, relax.  If I could find a blonde who is very good looking and plays to a scratch handicap I would marry her on the spot.  If anything that show needs to fix is to get her dad off the show "If it ain't done right throw it over the fence."  How does this guy get to go on golf courses in the first place?

I'm pretty sure that the golf channel will not let us down even though it will have strong viewership being that her show is right after The Big Break

65615[/snapback]

I agree! Her dad sounded like a complete fool. What an attention hungry jerk. I can't believe how critical he was of her game and then the show would cut to an interview with her and she was like he is such a positive force for me blah blah blah! I most certainly did not agree with his philosophy. I would like to see him make one of those putts or pull off the shot from the sidehill lie. The father also did not care for her caddie huh??? I must say I was very surprised to learn that she is actually more of a redneck than a beauty queen.

Did not care for the show.  She is a good golfer, but it ends there, her family are very common folk, she is not pretty, her body is average for her age.  I wish her luck on the LPGA, and look for forward to seeing her on the Grand-Ole-Opry.

65686[/snapback]

Ditto.

I don't get the madness. I like my women with curves: ala Eva Longoria, Beyonce, Halle Berry, etc. While she's cute, she's nobody's supermodel and she's built like a pencil.

Anybody that's been to the University of Arizona KNOWS that she wouldn't get a 2nd look on campus. The women's softball team is hotter. Period. And that's saying A LOT.

TaylorMade 2017 M1 440 8.5° Driver == Project X HZRDUS Black 65 6.5
TaylorMade 2017 M2 Tour 15° FW == Project X HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
Titleist 816H2 19° Hybrid == Veylix Rome 988 S+
Miura 1957 Small Blade 4-PW Irons == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey SM6 50°, 54°, 58° Custom Wedges == TT Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Scotty Cameron "Cameron & Crown" M2 Putter
Nike RZN Tour Black Golf Balls

Other than the part with Butch, it was a yawn-fest.  Her pops got on my nerves after 10 seconds.

65711[/snapback]

Damn! Where was I when it was aired ... since I missed the first, may as well forgo the second and third .... Saw her doing the info-mercial with PJ for SkyCaddie ... nice looking gal but just can't stand listening to her voice. The only two calendars on the wall are: (1) Snap-On Tools; and (2) Reef Sandals! :tongue:

Fellas, fellas, relax.  If I could find a blonde who is very good looking and plays to a scratch handicap I would marry her on the spot.  If anything that show needs to fix is to get her dad off the show "If it ain't done right throw it over the fence."  How does this guy get to go on golf courses in the first place?

65615[/snapback]

This show seemed to me to be the Golf Channel equivalent of "The Osborne's". In fact, I'll bet the father is a former Ozzy roadie! I expected to see an interesting show about the making of a promising young golfer, but instead it was a lot of fluff (except for Butch!) Hooray for Butch on the cell phone issue too! I'm not as optimistic about the Golf Channel figuring it out as you, as I think the Golf Channel has become mostly fluff since Peter Kessler got the boot anyway. He was the only one on the show IMHO how at least attempted to be an objective journalist, and he got the ax from Arnie for doing so. Most of the current "commentators" are just glorified fans who drool over the players and avoid asking any pointed questions in order to avoid the same fate as Kessler. Just my two cent's worth ...

her dad looked like a bum and is an attention hungry fool...where is her mom?...i liked that one part where she came up short on a second shot...she dropped another ball and took one more club...the whole time her dad was like no it was not a bad club, it was a bad swing...then he said her name a few times to get her attention but she just ignored him...then she hit the ball about 10 feet short of the hole and he said "ok, you were right, i was wrong." what a dad!

her dad looked like a bum and is an attention hungry fool...where is her mom?...i liked that one part where she came up short on a second shot...she dropped another ball and took one more club...the whole time her dad was like no it was not a bad club, it was a bad swing...then he said her name a few times to get her attention but she just ignored him...then she hit the ball about 10 feet short of the hole and he said "ok, you were right, i was wrong." what a dad!

66523[/snapback]

I would have ignored him too! Pretty annoying to say the least!!

• 3 weeks later...
...but if you ain't seen Erica Blasberg yet you ain't seen nothing...

66839[/snapback]

I'll second that...nothing great about Gulbis. She just needs to keep her hat on and her hair done...she looks much better that way...at least a bit more calssy. IMHO.

--TW

mos def..u get in glf clothes and she very hott..but take her and put her in a dress or regular clothes..she your basic chick..so ya..keep the golf clothes on

Awwwww...Creamer, Gulbis, Kerr, Park...yes they can all play and yes they are all pretty but if you ain't seen Erica Blasberg yet you ain't seen nothing...Now...give her a show on the Golf Channel and I will watch. Oh by the way, she can play too...rookie year 2005 and all.

www.ericablasberg.com

I AGREE 110% WOW!!!! You know who else is smokin is Celeste Troche! I saw her at a tournament last season. oooooh baby some real NICE LEGS!!! :)

OMG! I think golf has found it's own Tonya Harding. Give it a few years but I seriously see a trailer-wreck in the makings. Her dad/friends come preset with the mullets, all that is left is for Gulbis to be trailing Creamer by 2 shots going into the final day then **WHACK** club to the knee, Creamer withdraws and Gulbis claims the US Women's open. You read it here first. :)

ECDBB79C-8DC2-4D0A-B7BC-415682A723B0.jpeg.0eeaaca10cb45467b52f1f0b8bae81cc.jpeg

beruo

:hi:

You guys have been much nicer than the TGC db's. They trashed the show, Natalie and her father. A lot of viewers thought her father was rather "creepy" because it was his suggestion to do the swimsuit calendar. Personally I thought the show was boring. I would have liked to have seen more golf (it is the golf channel), but from what I understand that TGC is losing viewership and is trying to get it back by putting more "reality" shows on, hence TNGS and the upcoming Daly Planet.

I think they'd do better if they got rid of all that dang "Paid Programming" and get us some real golf entertainment. JMHO. :)