2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

COBRA L4V - The BOMB!!!!

ROBOPTI

Damn I don't think Cobra offers the WB 73 as a costom option, am I wrong??

You are correct. You will have to have the shaft installed by someone else. For custom shafts, you could try the VS Proto 80X.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Play it at 44.5"

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° shaft???

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

Where are all of the feedback on the prolaunch red users? I know there were a couple people here who received this clubhead in the prolaunch red shaft. I'm interested in getting this combo so lets here your feedback. Lastly, since the head is on the heavy side and has a shallow install, should a person go with an X flex in the prolaunch red instead of the normally played stiff shaft. considering Cobra does not tip and if a person does not want to go through the hassle of tipping themselve. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you......

Any replies to the above would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Titleist TR3 9* Driver w/ Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TR2 15* Fairway w/ Tour AD DI 7 
Titleist TR3 19* Hybrid w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Titleist T200 4 Utility w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Tileist T200 Irons (5-PW) w/ SteelFiber i110CW

Vokey SM10 Nickel finish (48.10F, 54.12D, 58.12D) w/ DG S200
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

Got a lil note today from a lil birdie ....

Well ........

It seems the self-appointed gurus have deemed that I give out bad advice on shafts etc now. First it was the SPINNY MID-PACK AVERAGE RETAIL POORLY THOUGHT OUT head - and it turns out ... well hell ... I'm wrong about the shaft too or is or both ... whatever - I WAS WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME ....

Dayum ... And I thought I was doing so good .... Sorry guys ... TO EVERYONE that went with a combo that I recommended and tried to help - Gents - It was bad advice - THROW ALL THOSE AWEFUL L4s away ... The word has come down

Just because you guys are hitting THE LONGEST STRAIGHTEST MOST CONSISTENTLY BIG DRIVES you have hit in a while (NOT ALL - but most :) - I always have maintained it isn't for everyone) ... Guys - It's not really happening ... I was wrong ... Can ya believe it ... Had I only known

I AM SO SORRY - Go back to your $5,987,765,565.778.93 drivers ... It was all an illusion

.... WHAT A JOKE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well ........

It seems the self-appointed gurus have deemed that I give out bad advice on shafts etc now. First it was the SPINNY MID-PACK AVERAGE RETAIL POORLY THOUGHT OUT head - and it turns out ... well hell ... I'm wrong about the shaft too or is or both ... whatever - I WAS WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME ....

Dayum ... And I thought I was doing so good .... Sorry guys ... TO EVERYONE that went with a combo that I recommended and tried to help - Gents - It was bad advice - THROW ALL THOSE AWEFUL L4s away ... The word has come down

Just because you guys are hitting THE LONGEST STRAIGHTEST MOST CONSISTENTLY BIG DRIVES you have hit in a while (NOT ALL - but most :) - I always have maintained it isn't for everyone) ... Guys - It's not really happening ... I was wrong ... Can ya believe it ... Had I only known

I AM SO SORRY - Go back to your $5,987,765,565.778.93 drivers ... It was all an illusion

Par for the course huh ROB...

Thanks for ruining my shot at breaking the consecutive holes without hitting a fairway.

Well ........

That's it ROBO....I want my money back! :partytime2:

Its pretty crazy...that some people actually take 'suggestions' made over the internet as fact and hold those who 'suggested' or even recommended them so litteral. I mean there are sooooo many variables that go into propper shaft choice. The best any of us can do is to read and come to our own conclusions.

I for one thank you for introducing me to this club. I have finally found a head that I know I can work with and has me hitting more fairways than ever before.

Rock on ROBO....rock on!

RIDE

I know I am speaking for everyone here when I say TRY THE L4V!!!!!!!!!! It is definitely more than hype. In response to hooking it, yeah, you're right, if you put a bad swing on it, it will go left or right, but it just seems that it doesn't stray too far and still carries a long way. I just know that this time of year I start hitting balls, mostly at the indoor dome, and if its not too cold, at an outdoor range and I'm usually rusty but after hitting this thing, I feel like its August. Even when I experiment and swing a lot harder than normal. this monster still goes straight and long, and this is with the stock shafts that so many don't like. I wouldn't dare try to overswing with my Burner TP, because I know if I mis-hit it, I won't get very good results. But the L4V, I think someone described it as "stupid easy to hit" and thats the best way to describe it. I can't wait to see Pav hit his at the Pittsburgh Golf Show this weekend. And, if I remember correctly, he too is using the Pype, even though its XX and 80 or 90 grams.

Hey I'll be at the Pittsburgh show too. Last time I saw Pav he had the UST in his.

He has both :)

Yep your right, talked to him today. ups, Pav said he's going to bring 2 L4V's one with the V2 and another with rombax,

Cobra 450 SZ or 983E, swinging between the two, not really crazy about either.

Would consider the Pro D but I'm not too keen on the stock speeder, some guys

sound happy with the stock LV4 shaft... is the X in the red board a custom option ?

The Pro D comes with a stock Aldila VS proto 60s or 60X. The Pro S comes with the Speeder.

I can't believe I forgot to post my THIRD set of LM numbers. I think I tend to believe these numbers the most. I was hitting the new TP Red for this session:

SS: 115.2 MPH

Ball Speed: 173.6

Spin: 2557

LA: 15.1°

Carry: 307.5 yards

Total: 335.4

I think that the ball speed and carry make more since than my previous set. The smash factor would be 1.506! That was with 14 balls again.

Still great numbers! My swing speed is about the same or a mile or 2 faster and I've never flown it that far. If I can get that kind of average on the course I will be forever in debt to the Kool-aid cult, I mean club.

I waited as long as I could... :partytime2:

Just snagged a brand new L4V-X with the stock Redboard X flex off fleabay - should be here in time for my 4 day trip to Bandon Dunes next week. :)

Can you say...boo-ya? :partytime2:

Damn, where was I when that was for sale! Enjoy it. As soon as the delivery truck gets here mine will be introduced to it's new partner the PM702 that's been very lonely in my garage. It I don't like that, an Ion Plated BlueBoard will be ordered.

Hapa: I assume you are referring to the stock redboard. I don't know if it is a true redboard but I don't think it is a bad shaft. I ordered a stock stiff L4vX 9degree @ 46 inches and tipped it 1 inch. I would assume that it now plays about the same as a stock X. My SS is about 100-105. From everything I have read in all these pages is that because of the weight of this and the short insertion that you need to go to a stiffer shaft than normal. The question is which shaft. So far, my X feels good and smooth (I also have an F speed) but I haven't actually played a round with either yet so I cannot give a review of the redboard shaft. Like I said earlier, I'll probably reshaft even though it performs well just so I can see if I can make it even better. So, unlike most here I don't think the stock redboard in the X is that bad as long as it is the right flex. I'm a little concerned because the stock shafts in these clubs are back weighted a little to keep the swingweight down. Thats probably my biggest concern if the redboard doesn't work out.

Hapa: I assume you are referring to the stock redboard. I don't know if it is a true redboard but I don't think it is a bad shaft. I ordered a stock stiff L4vX 9degree @ 46 inches and tipped it 1 inch. I would assume that it now plays about the same as a stock X. My SS is about 100-105. From everything I have read in all these pages is that because of the weight of this and the short insertion that you need to go to a stiffer shaft than normal. The question is which shaft. So far, my X feels good and smooth (I also have an F speed) but I haven't actually played a round with either yet so I cannot give a review of the redboard shaft. Like I said earlier, I'll probably reshaft even though it performs well just so I can see if I can make it even better. So, unlike most here I don't think the stock redboard in the X is that bad as long as it is the right flex. I'm a little concerned because the stock shafts in these clubs are back weighted a little to keep the swingweight down. Thats probably my biggest concern if the redboard doesn't work out.

Thanks ups,

I was actually curious about the performance of the Graffaloy Prolaunch red shaft and not the Diamana red. However, you did answer some of my question concerning going up a flex due to the shallow insertion of the shaft. Thanks for that. I will certainly consider going up a flex. Thanks again for the reply.

Anyone have any experince with the prolaunch red yet?

Titleist TR3 9* Driver w/ Tour AD DI 6
Titleist TR2 15* Fairway w/ Tour AD DI 7 
Titleist TR3 19* Hybrid w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Titleist T200 4 Utility w/ Tour AD DI Hybrid 85
Tileist T200 Irons (5-PW) w/ SteelFiber i110CW

Vokey SM10 Nickel finish (48.10F, 54.12D, 58.12D) w/ DG S200
Scotty Cameron Phantom 7.5

Well guys I just received my L4V X9.0 stiff today and it looks really nice. I am going to jump on a launch monitor this weekend. I want to know what kind of numbers I need to look for? My swing speed should be around 100mph maybe a little more. I really want to put the Pype in it but want to wait until I see my numbers.

Hi guys, little question for you. Il will be a titleist staff this year, but I already got a 907 D2 8.5 with a v2 75 x. This year, I would like to try the new L4V... my swing speed is between 115 mph and 122mph. I launch it at about 13 degres. I don't really know witch shaft to try with the L4V 9 degres x... I'm hesitating between :

1) Speeder 757 x

2) vs proto 80 x

3) Proforce V2 85 x

4) Acra SC 95 X

Ps: I'm not really interested in ultralight shafts because I want want to low my spin rate....please guys help me! :)

Hi guys, little question for you. Il will be a titleist staff this year, but I already got a 907 D2 8.5 with a v2 75 x. This year, I would like to try the new L4V... my swing speed is between 115 mph and 122mph. I launch it at about 13 degres. I don't really know witch shaft to try with the L4V 9 degres x... I'm hesitating between :

1) Speeder 757 x

2) vs proto 80 x

3) Proforce V2 85 x

4) Acra SC 95 X

Ps: I'm not really interested in ultralight shafts because I want want to low my spin rate....please guys help me! :)

I think the 757 spins too much although you may not be a high spin guy if you play the D2. Someone here gave one a try although it was a stiff flex and it still spun too much compared to the stock shaft.

I have an SC 95 X (M5) in a 905R and that's nice but I like the V2 85. Nice launch and spin is still good for that range of swing speed.

Do you know your spin rates with D2 ?? ... Were you happy with that launch ??

As always, it'll depend on how long you'll play it and what you like. I like heavy shafts like the SC 95x in a 905r but the swing weight is still manageable at 44.5". The swing weight with the L4V would be quite a bit higher than d-2 especially at 45" or over unless you can be a hold of a V2 CB. :)

I just don't wanna baloon with the L4V, juste wanna have a good ball flight, so that's the reason why I wanna have a heavy shaft with a high flex point. I think that that's the only way for me to get that result if we consider my SS and my ball flight......any suggestion lol....

Well the L4V isn't as spinny as the D2 so you won't have to worry so much about cutting down the spin as much.