MEVO

There are are too many videos on You Tube validating the accuracy of the Mevo. Your next step before you go any further is to baseline all of your clubs. Take your time a do about 10 balls on each club so you have some good stats on myflightscope.com. Next is to identify what do you want to improve on. Im personally my self working on smash factor and keeping for example a 7 iron above 1.30 smash factor. My club gapping is a perfect 10 yard gap through the bag. My quest is to increase each club by 10 yards and it has been crazy hard to do. I have a 90mph club head speed with a 7 iron and can only hit a ball 164 yards max and average 152. I constantly monitor my launch angle and I'm always around 23-24* where as PGA is 16* for a 7 iron. Tons of stuff for me to work on for sure. I would encourage you to stick with it and use it as a tool. On course comparison isnt realistic in my opinion, I have one hole on my local course in my league that plays downhill down wind and Im hitting 7 iron to 178 pin lasered off my Bushnell. Im also testing different shafts right now with a spare AP2 6 iron head and its very cool to get specific data. X100 120's are getting 2mph more ball speed and 2 degree less launch but are equaling the same yardage as my PX 6.0's. Next will be the Modus and CTaper shafts. This isnt possible without some kind of launch monitor at home. Most people in my opinion battle the what did I just buy for $500 and should I have purchased something different. I have owned the SC200, SC100, ES12, Swing Speed Radar and Bel Swingmate and they all have annoying qwerks about them. Mevo seems to have the most consistent readings in my opinion.

Titleist TS3 9.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 60X
Titleist 915F 15* Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70X
Titleist 816 H2 Aldila Rogue Silver 110 85X
Titleist T100 Project X 5.5
Titleist Vokey SM8 50/54/58 Project X 5.5 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Squareback 2
Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

I had a lot of the same experience you described. I didn’t find the Mevo to be all it’s cracked up to be. It does have a great app and the form factor of the unit itself is very nice. But when I’m hitting it and the ball is laser read to have gone 125 and the Mevo is telling me it went 145 I know the unit has problems. I feel like that is just kind of how it goes with the under $500 price range launch monitors, they just aren’t as accurate as the more expensive versions, but then again I don’t know if they should be expected to be either considering their cost.

At this point I’ve tried sc100, sc300, Mevo, ES14, all indoors and outdoors and they all have their issues. I think if you go into knowing you’re not buying a GC Quad or something like that you can make the best of what it is.

Day 4

Just a reminder that my issue isn't whether MEVO is accurate. It's whether MEVO is useful, and if so, how.

I came within a hair’s breadth of returning the MEVO, but I saw a YouTube video on using it for pitching, so I gave a ladder drill a try.  I calibrated distances for various types of SWs and GWs and looked at repeatability. I think this application has some merit even though the actual distances didn’t translate to the course too well.   Most of them were surprisingly long, which was the opposite of my experience with full swings. Still, if I can derive some sort of correction factor, maybe the MEVO will be useful for the intermediate short game.

I’m enjoying the ease of downloading data from the website to a spreadsheet. Makes analysis a lot easier.

Thinking of getting a Mevo for indoor use, purely for carry distance. Working on my game during impending lockdown.

A poor swing for me is an out to in path resulting in a high weak shot. 7 iron distance will drop from 160 carry to 130 ish.

I dont really care about direction or shape. I know if I hit it about 160 it will be pretty straight.

I have 15 feet to play with from back of room to net. Mat is somewhere in the middle. Ideal hitting position is 8 foot to net, 7 foot to back of room. could go a foot either way

Happy to have metallic dots on ball.

Is a Mevo worth trying or should I look at SC200 plus or SC300?

So the lockdown has changed my approach to using the Mevo. I did not envision myself using this indoors at all but I pulled the trigger on a mat and net, pulled the car out of the garage and set everything up. 8 feet from mat to net. 7+ feet behind the mat available. Took my shag balls of TP5's and put the metallic dots on them and swung a few last night for the first time.

I am sure there was some "inside swing" effect going on. First swings in my garage ever so I know i was a bit timid.

Carry numbers seemed OK - maybe slightly lower than expected but could be the inside swing -- overall I think they were close enough.

Spin seemed all over the place, but overall appeared to be lower than I was expecting. Could this be from the mat? My garage isn't all that well lit up - maybe its too dark? I don't have fluorescent lights, just regular light bulbs.

Tried playing around with the positioning of the Mevo - moving it back, moving it closer - but didnt seem to affect anything.

Carry distance was what I am most concerned with when I purchased it and those seemed reasonable so overall still happy. But its only my second time using it. More sessions to come.

Probably need to hit about 50 shots per club to get your baselines over a course of a week and delete the shots that are super high or super low. From there you will have a better understanding on what your numbers look like. Once that is done I would buy some test balls and see if you can tweak for few more yards out. Im a Titleist AVX player and have my stock yardages which are anywhere from 4-10 yards longer comparing it to other Tour Balls. The Bridgestone B330RX has been constantly beating the AVX and really amazed me. I have a test AP2 with DG X100 120 shaft in it and it have been getting ball speeds 4 mph more than my Project X 6.0's. Add the RX ball with the X100 shafts and I have been breaking 170 yards with my 7 iron for the first time ever in my life. Very well might be my new setup once the fog lifts for the golf season.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

Anyone having trouble with myflightscope.com? My very first session with the Mevo is showing up there when I log in, however, none of the other sessions since are showing up. I have multiple sessions showing on the app, but not pulling up on the website. I liked how you could see them in a table view vs. looking at them on the app.

What device are you trying next? It was sprinkling yesterday and I didnt want to risk my Mevo or Iphone 11 in the rain so I was using my old Bel Swingmate and was surprised that the numbers are close to the Mevo. Has me interested in that PRGR device if your just banging balls into a net.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6

So I read both threads on the Mevo/Mevo+ and while useful, I still don't know what makes more sense for me. Planning on using it solely on the range to gauge distance through the bag. Is the + worth it at that point? Someone save me some money here.. lol

TM Qi10 LS 9.0 Tour AD BB-7x 
TM Qi10 Tour 14.0 Graphite Design Tour AD BB-8x 
Titleist TSR2 18.0 HZRDUS Black 6.0
Mizuno 245 4-PW KB Tour C Taper 120 S
National Custom Works 48 Green KBS Tour High Rev 
National Custom Works 54 Green KBS Tour High Rev

National Custom Works 60 Green KBS Tour High Rev
Scotty Cameron Tei3 Newport 2 sole stamp 

i have the first gen mevo. got it on amazon over a year ago, use it daily (especially now) in the backyard. have a rucket (?) net, pro outdoor mat. it may miss a drive now and then if not sitting perfectly, but usually picks up everything that i hit normally. i have no issues with launch, spin, distance, i turn it on and it just works. one of the great things i notice is my swing difference from day to day. i can average 155 7i one day, and 145 the next. just based on fatigue, strength, whatever. something i didnt realize before on the course. i can practice a lot of punch shots and see carry yardages, as well as what i would consider a high draw drive yardage and spin. i absolutely love this thing for 500 bucks. well worth it imo.

• Mizuno STZ 220 Driver
  • Mizuno STX 220 3w
  • Mizuno STX 220 Hybrid
  • Mizuno Pro 225/223 Irons 
  • Mizuno T22 Copper Wedges
  • Mizuno/Timeless Putters
  • Titleist Pro V1 Ball

Just purchased a Mevo from TopShelf Golf and it has been useless since the day I bought it. Bought it to hit into a net in the backyard. Tried it at 7’ from the ball with crazy readings moved it to 6’ and changed the setting still crazy numbers. Ball speed way off launch angle way off. Wasn’t expecting a Trackman like my coach uses but this is useless for my application. Contacted Top Shelf and Flightscope and they have me “trying” every different setup parameter they can think of to avoid me returning the Mevo. Try moving it forward, try moving backward, try elevating it, try moving the net back 12’ from the ball. Pretty sure my wedges would go right over the net at 12’. If it is this sensitive to setup It’s useless to me. Maybe just a defective unit, who knows. Not in a hurry to have them refurbish a new unit for full price and tie up my minor investment for weeks/months trying to debug it.

I wish I would have read this post before I bought a Mevo from Top Shelf Golf. Data has been junk from day one. Emailed Top Shelf Golf the first day. They had me go to Flightscope to “work it out”. Now they are requesting I cover the shipping plus a 15% restocking fee for a unit that gave junk data from day one. Maybe just a defective unit but I would expect Top Shelf Golf to deal with the unit not send me back and forth with the manufacturer.

Just got mine from Top Shelf Golf and have the EXACT same experience. Emailed them the same day and they passed me off to Flightscope support. Had me try every imaginable setup. 6I carry of 102. Driver and 6I same launch angles. Now they want shipping charges and a 15% restocking fee. May have been a bad batch? Expensive testing for a dud.

Looks like it is back up again: https://www.amazon.com/FlightScope-Mevo-Portable-Personal-Monitor/dp/B07L52KP31/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I'm trying to decide if I should buy directly from flight scope and get 10% off or on amazon with free returns. I feel like if it doesn't work I could issue a chargeback for any of the fees they try to charge me.

I have played around with my Mevo and with the irons you do not need to be that precise with the setup. A foot one way or the other doesn't make a difference. With the driver you need to be "sighted in" down the target line and even still I have had mixed results hitting driver on a grass range. The Mevo seems to be looking at a virtual window down range that the ball needs to pass through to pickup the shots. If you spray alot of shots then expect the Mevo to miss a bunch. I have found this to be true on the older units and newer units.

Titleist Staff Stand Bag
Titleist ProV1x,
Bushnell Tour Z6