2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Forecast

Swingtheclub

what you think will happen 2008
Tiger will have a big year LOL what a forecaster I am

Seriously I expect him to win two majors and at least five other tournaments The Masters and the US Open the battle of the year will be with Phil at Torrey Pines

Phil will win three or four times probably one major

Us wins Ryder cup running away

Jason Day looses card

a new star comes out not sure who it is

Bubba Watson wins twice

Zach Johnson disappears

Mischelle Wie wins on the LPGA and finishes in the top ten on the LPGA money list

Annika competes for number one again

PGA star gets busted for drugs (UNDER THE NEW DRUG PROGRAM)

A new star dominates the Champions tour

Ok now its your turn tell me what you think

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with most of the things that you think. But I dont think Michelle Wie will have a good year at all. Maybe two top 10's the whole year. Also Lorena Ochoa will still retain the numer 1 spot on the LPGA. The Champions tour will look almost the same. Next Phil will only win 2 tournaments again. Lastly Zach Johnson s coming off a great year and will probably finish with 3 wins and might even contend for another Major Championship

Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ Tensei Pro White 70x
Mizuno ST200 15* w/Accra TZ5 100x Prototype
Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4i-5i w/DG X7
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 6i-PW w/DG X7
Mizuno S18 50*/57* w/DG X100
Callaway MD5 64* w/DG S400
Kevin Burns Custom 9304

[quote name='timbyrne20' post='845244' date='Jan 1 2008, 09:06 PM']I would have to agree with most of the things that you think. But I dont think Michelle Wie will have a good year at all. Maybe two top 10's the whole year. Also Lorena Ochoa will still retain the numer 1 spot on the LPGA. The Champions tour will look almost the same. Next Phil will only win 2 tournaments again. Lastly Zach Johnson s coming off a great year and will probably finish with 3 wins and might even contend for another Major Championship[/quote]
That sounds better.

I'd give Lorena Ochoa better odds at winning [u][b]every[/b][/u] tournament than Wie winning at all or even finishing in the top 10 on the money list.

I wanna see Stricker bust out for a major. I really wanna see DL3 win something... anything.

1. Tiger will win the Masters and one other major. Probably the British.

2. Michelle Wie will make golf news for all the wrong reasons.

3. A US star will begin to challenge Lorena Ochoa. Creamer, Pressel and Kerr are the prime candidates.

4. Rory Sabatinni will start a fight, not with Tiger, but with Phil Mickelson. Something along the lines of the Phil, Vijay and long spikes. I expect this at the Masters.

5. John Daly loses PGA Tour Card.

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 3 and 7 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Alta CB Black 65R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

Predictions? How about "locks of the year"?

1. Tiger will lose a tournament this year causing wide spread panic on the forums.

2. An OEM will release a cool set of forged irons and someone will ask if they are Miura forged.

3. Another website will sell the best driver ever, tour only, with the best shaft ever for over $2500.

4. A member here will quietly disappear after posting their 1,500th meaningless offering.

5. Nike will re-stake its once solid lead in ugly club offerings prompting someone here to claim, who cares how it looks as long it goes straight.

6. There will be 6 Tommy Two Gloves threads, one for each time he makes a cut. And of course someone will hope he wins a major....LOL

7. Someone will start the rumor getting all kinds of fans up in arms about Ping releasing a true forged blade.

8. Wie will make the news for doing something other than missing a cut in a men's field and someone here will still be ticked she took a spot from someone else two years ago.

9. Two Duval threads....enough said.

10. Scotty Cameron will release a putter that makes the Futura look pretty thereby starting a holy war in the putter forum.

11. When Vijay fails to win this year, someone will claim it's because he's off the cream and the clear, or maybe just the cream.

12. Cleveland Golf fans will make a peep.

13. All fifteen Srixon fans will be telling us to watch out....for the fourth year in a row.

14. The hottest poll will be Golf Digest or Golf Magazine, which do you prefer?

15. The average BSG member driving distance will eclipse 350 yards for the first time in history, but the average GolfWRX member score will continue to drop!

Happy New Year.

[quote]4. A member here will quietly disappear after posting their 1,500th meaningless offering.[/quote]

Wow, that seems quite negative coming from a Marshal. At the end of the day, we all seem to make meaningless posts.

[quote]5. Nike will re-stake its once solid lead in ugly club offerings prompting someone here to claim, who cares how it looks as long it goes straight.[/quote]

Thumbs up to you for the first Nike bash of '08. :russian_roulette:

[quote name='ColinMB' post='845975' date='Jan 2 2008, 01:31 PM'][quote]4. A member here will quietly disappear after posting their 1,500th meaningless offering.[/quote]

Wow, that seems quite negative coming from a Marshal. At the end of the day, we all seem to make meaningless posts.

[quote]5. Nike will re-stake its once solid lead in ugly club offerings prompting someone here to claim, who cares how it looks as long it goes straight.[/quote]

Thumbs up to you for the first Nike bash of '08. :russian_roulette:
[/quote]

Yes, we all do make somewhat meaningless posts....some much more than others in terms of quantity. But #4, like the rest of the list, was not meant to be negative at all. Just an observation. Read between the lines, you will find the satire.

Todd Hamilton bagged a claret jug with some MP33s three years back..

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Anser 2

[quote name='gentles' post='846170' date='Jan 2 2008, 06:59 PM']He was Taylormade , but he had Mizuno iron's in the bag. Also used a Sonartec hybrid during the peak of the TM Rescue .[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Very interesting to hear he was using MP-33s. They are my favorite blade iron of all time. I must have had my head buried in the sand when that happened. :russian_roulette:

He seemingly refuses to use much TM kit.. I've seen MP-67s, TN87s and some 690MBs in his big Taylor Made bag since that Open victory.

You're right about Mizuno though; the last Mizuno major I remember was Payne Stewart in '99, and Woods before that at Augusta. Mizuno swept the board at one time in the late 80s/early 90s with Faldo and Lyle. They used to run an ad in Europe proclaiming '6 of the last 10 Green Jackets were won with Mizuno irons' or something similar.

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

[quote name='mat562' post='846330' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:34 PM']He seemingly refuses to use much TM kit.. I've seen MP-67s, TN87s and some 690MBs in his big Taylor Made bag since that Open victory.

You're right about Mizuno though; the last Mizuno major I remember was Payne Stewart in '99, and Woods before that at Augusta. Mizuno swept the board at one time in the late 80s/early 90s with Faldo and Lyle. They used to run an ad in Europe proclaiming '6 of the last 10 Green Jackets were won with Mizuno irons' or something similar.[/quote]

Yeah. I knew they once were the most dominate iron on the tour. I remember when I first starting getting badges to the Masters in 1993 it was shocking to me just how many sets of Mizuno irons were in play. That trend seemed to continue late into the 90's. Now they are far less common. I know its all marketing and money, but its an interesting scenario none the less.

What I find really interesting is that you [i]still[/i] find people who will swear blind that Faldo won two Opens and a couple of Masters titles with Wilson clubs, since all the photos have him standing near a big red and white bag.

When I was growing up, the contents of bags were very predictable on Tour. Ping Eye 2 1 or 2 iron; Mizunos if they played blades, Pings if they played cavities. Wedges were 588s, Eye 2s or Mizuno TP wedges. Everyone had a Ping of one kind or another to putt with, and Taylor Made reigned supreme in the woods department, with the odd Joe Powell or MacGregor M85 thrown in. A few stalwarts stuck with a Harry Busson Wilson driver. Titleist did the balls, apart from the rebels who hit a Maxfli.

Manufacturers didn't care as long as the bag had their logo on it for the TV audiences.

1. Wie wins 1 event
2. Nike continues to make garbage putters
3. Tiger slams it
4. Phil wins a couple times
5. Amazing set of forged blades come out along with a set of square hybrid irons
6. Cameron get the idea and makes a line of non insert putters
7. Titleist continues the awesome club lines
8. Ernie Els makes a comeback
9. 2 people are caught in drug testing
10. US wins The Ryder Cup ending the torture

[quote name='mat562' post='846330' date='Jan 2 2008, 05:34 PM']He seemingly refuses to use much TM kit.. I've seen MP-67s, TN87s and some 690MBs in his big Taylor Made bag since that Open victory.

You're right about Mizuno though; the last Mizuno major I remember was Payne Stewart in '99, and Woods before that at Augusta. Mizuno swept the board at one time in the late 80s/early 90s with Faldo and Lyle. They used to run an ad in Europe proclaiming '6 of the last 10 Green Jackets were won with Mizuno irons' or something similar.[/quote]

Definitely seen the 690 MBs. He had them at Pebble last year.

[attachment=202914:DSC_0118.JPG]

[u]TIGER WOODS[/u] - Tiger wins the Masters and The PGA Championship, but has a weird 4 days at the British Open barely making the cut and and blows his chances at the US OPEN on the 67th hole, because of a questionable ruling dealing with a NBC placed golf tower. He will win 2 WGC events, and win 3 standard TOUR EVENTS.

[u]PHIL MICKELSON[/u] - He will win a tournament in FEB or MAR, that Tiger is not playing in, show promise but then falter at the MASTERS and come in 2nd at The Players. He will not be a factor at the US OPEN, but he will win The British Open, because of Tiger's fall at the British.

STEVE STRICKER - he will have a great start, probably come in Second at Kapalua and then he will vanish into anonymity.

ZACH JOHNSON - he will have swing problems and the Golf Channel will run 3 stories about how his best finish from Jan. to May has been a dismal 14th place.

BOO WEEKLEY - his speech will not improve and he will win a lower tier event again, beating out Davis Love III in playoff, probably at HARBOUR TOWN.

VIJAY SINGH - will have a solid season, but he will fail to win any majors or WGC events. He will win once and it will be the John Deere Classic.

BRANDNT SNEDEKER - he will show promise early and find himself in a friendly rivalry with Charley Hoffman, because of an off the cuff remark on how Hoffman is Sammy Hagar's long lost son.

JIM FURYK - he will have a below average season again and unfortunately suffer an injury that will stop him from contending in anything.

K.J. CHOI - He will win the Sony Open and then win the event before the US OPEN.

BUBBA WATSON, LUCAS GLOVER and HEATH SLOCUM - will be in 3 man playoff in an event that only hardcore golf fans will be watching. Usually an event the week before or after a major.

GARY PLAYER - will lose his composure at at press conference when the PGA TOUR discovers that JB HOLMES and JASON GORE have been taking anabolic steroids.

JUSTIN LEONARD - will have a very bad season, yet repeat as champion at that event he won last year. His kids will still be afraid to hug him after he has won.

SERGIO GARCIA - his attitude will become something that we have never seen before. Calm and passive, and mid-season he will blow up at press conference. He will also win shortly after that, maybe the event before a major, and apologize like a little girl during his post interview on the green.

[quote name='philfan316' post='846705' date='Jan 3 2008, 12:25 AM']...
JUSTIN LEONARD - will have a very bad season, yet repeat as champion at that event he won last year. His kids will still be afraid to hug him after he has won.
...[/quote]

Good one. I tell ya, if Justin went into a career in acting he'd play the perfect serial killer.

Tim

[quote name='Rambler' post='846437' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:33 PM']1. Wie wins 1 event
2. Nike continues to make garbage putters
3. Tiger slams it
4. Phil wins a couple times
5. Amazing set of forged blades come out along with a set of square hybrid irons
[b]6. Cameron get the idea and makes a line of non insert putters[/b]
7. Titleist continues the awesome club lines
8. Ernie Els makes a comeback
9. 2 people are caught in drug testing
10. US wins The Ryder Cup ending the torture[/quote]

I guess the circa line used inserts....... :haha:

McIlroy will make the Ryder cup team following his win at the Scottish open and top 10 finish in the open.
Europe win with 17.5 points
Tiger to win the US Open, British and PGA
Michelle Wie learns to contend due to playing Tiger Woods 08 on the Wii.
Phil wins the players.
Ernie wins the BMW Championship at Wentworth and the accenture worl matchplay.
Geoff Ogilvy wins the Masters