2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

P90X DVD

Emperoryder

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't, but one of my guys bought it and says it is intense. It definitly works if you follow it. Just go easy on the abs work out, one of my men could hardly walk for two days his abs hurt so bad.

WITB:

Driver: Nike Sasquatch 460 9* w/ ProForce V2 72gr stiff tipped 3/4"

Fairway: Calloway 2017 Steelhead XR Strong 4 wood

Irons: Wilson Staff Ci chrome 4-GW stiff

Wedges: Kirkland Signature 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Wilson Staff Balance Fit Kirk Currie III

• 10 months later...

Save your money. It is an effective program, I'm sure, but you can get better programs for much less money. Go here:

http://www.rosstraining.com/products.html

And take your pick. He also has a forum with loads of information:

http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/

You can find workout information, nutrition information, and loads of other information on the forums. I frequent that site daily, and I have the Infinite Intensity book. I havent started using it yet, but just reading it, you know it will work. He is a former amateur boxer, and is a boxing coach to some professional boxers now. He is on the site daily, and never hesitates to share his knowledge, whether you buy his products or not. If you dont have access to a gym or alot of exercise equipment, Never Gymless is a great book. If you have some dumbells, and some other basic equipment, Infinite Intensity is a great book. If you want to push yourself to the limit, I've heard the Full Throttle Conditioning DVD is insane. You can get all 3 for less than P90X. I believe Never Gymless has a chapter dedicated to nutrition as well.

P90X is everything it is billed as. It is well produced and not for the timid because it is hard work. However, if you do follow the program, your results will be absolutely phenomenal. I have gone through the program several times and believe you me...it works. Keep in mind, I have been a gym rat for years (hardcore too), and this kicked my butt. I pushed myself to muscle failure in all of the programs and really experienced dramatic results.

Don't worry about bulking up because you aren't going to become Lou Ferigno overnight from doing this; however, you will experience dramatic changes in your physique and your golf game will improve as well. Think athletic...not body builder. Your ability to develop power in the golf swing will increase and golf shots will seem a lot more effortless. The core programs and yoga programs contribute a lot to this so as much as you are tempted, do not skip them.

Sure, it costs about $100 bucks and there are tons of other programs that may save you a few bucks, but is $100 truly extraordinary for a program than can change your life? Also, the support forums at www.beachbody.com are extremely helpful and motivating as well. BTW, I am very familiar with Ross Training and he has some good stuff. Same kind of intensity that I enjoy and well worth the money (frankly he probably sells them too cheaply because they are definitely worth more), but the beauty of P90X is that it is a DVD package that you watch and I don't know about you, but I am much more motivated by watching someone do a task rather than reading a book. Secondly, the people on the DVD's are fit and my goal was always to try and beat the people on the P90X DVDs for a given exercise.

Good luck with your decision.

E.

Have heard great things about it, and if you have a $100 buy it, it can really change the way you look/feel and most of all change your golf game. Two of my good buddies have gone thru it, they started in September and are finishing up now. I just got back from college and saw them a few days ago, you can tell the difference...THEY LOVE IT

need some exercise to stretch and strengthen my shoulder. I'm always injuring it playing football.. so you guys think this will help or hurt my throwing motion? I want to get stronger but not bulk up. How intense are the core exercises?

thanks

Never done p90 specifically but the principles are solid. Circuit training will not really bulk you up(not the goal, other better training for that), and will help you lose weight too. I don't know their shoulder exercises, but I always do shoulder circuits to strengthen them to avoid injury (left shoulder plagues me, a lot less when I work on it unless I'm macho and strain it with too much weight). If you have the money go for it, but it's not magic, you can find a well rounded circuit program many places.

thanks for the quick response.

I dont have money.

but i certainly have 100 bucks for a dvd.

im sure most have paid north of 150 for a wound of golf. haha

i think i will give this a try.

No problem, good luck with the shoulder, having to quit a round of golf because it's it unbearable after every swing is just sad. Unless you require surgery, I believe you can make it much better by strengthening all the muscles in it, I haven't had to quit in a long time.

Remember tiger built his knee up to handle the stress of his swing for a long time, with a basically non-existent ligament(but with him that was a ticking time bomb). So you should have it easy as long as everything is intact.

You might be able to find it on ebay or amazon cheaper, but if you are set on buying it, i think the website says "3 monthly payments of $39.95 plus $19.95 shipping and handling", so dont count on the $100, it will be more like $150ish.

You dont have to take my suggestions, but if having a DVD is your thing, you can buy either the Full Throttle Conditioning alone for $25, or you can buy a bundle pack with Full throttle conditioning (DVD + book), never gymless (book), and infinite intensity (book), for $85 from Ross Training. The biggest difference is Ross doesnt do infomercials. Either way, both would probably be good, but if money is an issue, there are cheaper alternatives that offer the same, or better (depending on what you are looking for) results. In the end, you will only get what you put in, regardless of how much money you spend on the information.

It is worth it! I did P90, which is much easier, and it helped significantly with my golf game. I did start P90X, but developed tendonitis in my knee and had to stop. The two weeks I spent on it resulted in a significant change. It was a massive step up from P90. Short of having a personal trainer, this is the way to go. Besides, everything can be done at home with either elastic bands or dumbbells. No need for special equipment. If you do the exercises, you will get results quickly.

A $125 is nothing compared to what you are spending on golf equipment. This will help you for the long term as well as with your health.

I just finished Phase 2 (8 weeks) of P90X. Lost 21 pounds. There are lots of programs, but this is the best for me. No trips to the gym, and its intense. You just need an area about 6' x 10'. It basically works every muscle group and every joint in every direction. 12 different one hour programs. Just dumbbells and resistance bands. I haven't been following the meal plan..too complicated no time. But if you do the program every day..you can't help but lose weight and gain muscle and flexibility. Added bonus was definitely Yoga X, which sounded stupid to me at first...now its my favorite!

The biggest change for me, even more than the weight loss was a huge increase increase in core flexibility, speed and strength. Just in 8 weeks. I'm gonna do at least two complete rounds.

Try it..you'll get addicted to it like me. Just be prepared...even if you're in pretty good shape, the first week will kick your #%&!.

check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZhfMFMqi4

Schmatt,

I did a quick search on ebay+google for the p90 and didnt see anything but guns. Where did you come across the p90 and not the p90x?

Try Power 90...thats the previous, easier version of P90X, hence the name. The ebay listing for $64 doesn't make much sense. The seller is in England selling a new $120 product for $64 and paying for the shipping to the US? I smell a rat. My brother-in-law is a Fedex pilot, and brings home all kinds of bootleg DVDs and CDs from Hong Kong (btw company violation..lol) Movies, games, music you name it. For a first run movie he pays $2-4.

If you going to buy the program on Ebay, be somewhat cautious. I bought directly from Beach Body and did the three monthly payments of about 40 bucks....beer change...

P90X is intense. I'd try to find it on eBay if you want it. I have tried and failed it many times. I'm a college student who can't devote an hour a day on top of homework, class, and work to workout. I absolutely think it's worth it though. I was seeing results within a week of starting it. The diet is decent, but I generally substituted my own foods while trying to follow their recommended servings. I recommend a pull-up bar over the bands. Bands cannot simulate the pull-up bar no matter how hard you try.

Schmatt,

I did a quick search on ebay+google for the p90 and didnt see anything but guns. Where did you come across the p90 and not the p90x?

Like andariego said, P90 is actually Power90. It is the first version and much easier. If you have not been working out fairly regularly and in good shape, you should start with P90, not P90X. You really need to have a good foundation to keep up with the P90X workouts.

As far as the meal plan, I don't follow it either. I do try to eat healthier as well as eat every 2-3 hours. Even without the meal plan and having reasonably sized desserts (BIG sweet tooth), I have still lost weight and size around my belly. You just have to stop eating fast food all the time. Try cooking meals from scratch.

Also, I wouldn't bother with the supplements they try to sell you. Just find a good protein or meal replacement shake for post workout. Don't worry, you won't turn into a muscle bound freak. You will gain some size though. Just make sure to do the 12-15 reps for weights in order to build more lean muscle instead of size. If you want a good example, take a look at Tiger. He has gained size, but not freakish size. If you start out scrawny, you will probably add a lot more size, but in a good way. If you start out with some size, you will probably not see a lot of change, but you will feel it.

yes, thanks... let me look for the power 90 as I have really bad knees and dont know how much of the workouts I can physically do. Too much bball and vball back in the days.

You guys think the buy now for 70 is a scam? they have good ratings...

BTW, how many DVDs are in the original power 90 workout?

thanks again

yes, thanks... let me look for the power 90 as I have really bad knees and dont know how much of the workouts I can physically do. Too much bball and vball back in the days.

You guys think the buy now for 70 is a scam? they have good ratings...

BTW, how many DVDs are in the original power 90 workout?

thanks again

For the Power90, there are two DVDs. You have two levels of both cardio and strength training. Sometimes it comes with a bonus workout DVD. If you can find the DVDs used, go for it. Buying directly from Beachbody is not necessary. You get some extra info on diet and a progress calendar/chart. But I don't think it's a ripoff either. I chose to buy it directly, because I'm very anal and like to get the exact thing brand new. Either way, I think it is well worth the money.

If you have bad knees, I would suggest staying away from the lunges and deep squats. When you do any leg exercise, you want to use short arcs. This means that you should not go lower than a 45 degree angle made by the upper and lower parts of your legs. This was the cause of my tendonitis. My orthopaedic doctor told me that sqauts and lunges are the worst thing you could do for your knees. Most people don't have a problem with them, but if you have knee issues, this will allow you to at least do some leg work. My knee issue came from lots of skiing and snowboarding as a kid.