2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Sonocaddie Introduces V300 Color GPS

I don't have pics! Just found this on golfbusinesswire.com
January 15, 2008 | Category: Technology

Sonocaddie Introduces V300 Color GPS

Easiest Golf GPS Now in Color

Salem, New Hampshire. Club Champ Golf, exclusive US Distributor of Sonocaddie, The easiest and most advanced personal golf GPS available, , announces the introduction of Model V300 Color Golf GPS.

“Sonocaddie is already the leader in user-friendliness, and we now are introducing the most technologically advanced color GPS in the golf industry” said Sue Grover, Club Champ’s V.P. of Sales and Marketing. “The view we provide on-screen makes it even easier to see the entire hole layout in relation to your position.

The most unique feature of the V300 is the ‘walking golfer’ icon that moves around the fairway indicating the user’s position in real time. All shot information is tracked during the round so the golfer can review the round shot-by-shot at a later date.

Over 15,000 courses worldwide (10,000 in US) courses are on the Sonocaddie web site www.sonocaddie.com. Sonocaddie will also upload any course on request, or golfers can very easily add a course by walking or driving, and at each target, hazard, and green permanently mark the spot with a touch of a button, in less than 3 minutes per hole. From then on, the Sonocaddie always knows the yardage from that spot.

Grover adds, ”Once you see this new color screen- it’s tough to use any other GPS, it’s like going from Hi-Def TV back to black and white.

Each Sonocaddie hold 20 golf courses in memory, and course information can be changed during use - another Sonocaddie exclusive. Operates on a rechargeable battery - (included) will last up to three rounds (15 hours).

Sonocaddie is exclusively distributed in North America by Club Champ Golf. Club Champ, a division of Dennco, Inc. of Salem, New Hampshire, is a leader in developing and marketing golf equipment and accessories, including innovative and patented electronic golf and sports training systems.

I was just about to buy the original... Now waiting for this release and price tag on new model!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the info...definitely interested to see their new offering since i'm completely satisfied with my current unit. i do wish they'd hurry up and make sync'ing available via Mac and other non-IE web browsers.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

• 2 months later...

On the golfsmith website, they have this for shipping on May 2nd. But, it states "$29.95 registration fee plus annual membership fee". Sonscaddie website says nothing about any fees that I can see. Any thoughts? 1st post and I love this place. They also state it comes with 2 screen protectors, charger and belt clip and carring case.

Yes that will still be on there, plus it shows your position on the course in real time and automatically traces waypoints during your round. Then at a later time you can review EVERY shot. $400 bucks, but this will do mapping points on the spot, 2.2 inch color screen with backlight, and its still small at 4.3"x 2.3"x 1.1". Costs more than the Golf Guru, but they still havn't got their mapping software done. I'm looking forward to getting this V300 model

Yes that will still be on there, plus it shows your position on the course in real time and automatically traces waypoints during your round. Then at a later time you can review EVERY shot. $400 bucks, but this will do mapping points on the spot, 2.2 inch color screen with backlight, and its still small at 4.3"x 2.3"x 1.1". Costs more than the Golf Guru, but they still havn't got their mapping software done. I'm looking forward to getting this V300 model

Great then I'll buy it. Hope you don't have to charge the dam_n thing via the USB cable - this sucks.

They need to stick with the rechargeable battery - one thing that made the original Sonocaddie greater than the other GPS Golf competitors out there :good:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello--- new here!

This is the GPS that looks to have the best to me (excluding the uPro until it is released). Nobody else seems to have the ability to show your location on the fairway on a virtual yardage book, with the different locations mapped out. Plus they already have a map database and some history from their previous model... making me feel better than the uPro.

Here is the user manual where they show some shots of the model in action.

http://sonocaddie.com/v300/User's%20Gu...V.3.0.0.4_E.pdf

Anyone play with one yet?

It could be a really neat unit, and I like the way the sonocaddie shows icons on the right/left or center of the screen based on where the item marked is on the course--and how the icon shows whether it is to the front of the hazard or to carry.  It prevents you from having to mark everything "L", "R", or "C(arry)".

However, I struck the sonocaddie off my list for several reasons:

1) You can't mark the center of the green--it just gives an average of the front and back markers.  This could be troublesome if the green is "L"-shaped.

2) I'm not impressed with their website.  Something about it just seems phoney.  For example, it gives the impression that all courses will look like the screenshots shown, but that is only for the specially mapped courses.

3) Their customer service is in Asia somewhere.  This is obvious from their emails, and I have experienced a definite language barrier when dealing with them (for pre-sales info).

4) Their User's Guide--was also written by someone in Asia.  My 8th grader could have done a better job.

5) Both the Black & White version and the color version seem a little overpriced.

It could be really cool, but I will wait at least a year on this one.  I would recommend to anyone that they read the User's Guide first before they buy one. 

It could be a really neat unit, and I like the way the sonocaddie shows icons on the right/left or center of the screen based on where the item marked is on the course--and how the icon shows whether it is to the front of the hazard or to carry. It prevents you from having to mark everything "L", "R", or "C(arry)".

1) You can't mark the center of the green--it just gives an average of the front and back markers. This could be troublesome if the green is "L"-shaped.

2) I'm not impressed with their website. Something about it just seems phoney. For example, it gives the impression that all courses will look like the screenshots shown, but that is only for the specially mapped courses.

3) Their customer service is in Asia somewhere. This is obvious from their emails, and I have experienced a definite language barrier when dealing with them (for pre-sales info).

4) Their User's Guide--was also written by someone in Asia. My 8th grader could have done a better job.

5) Both the Black & White version and the color version seem a little overpriced.

It could be really cool, but I will wait at least a year on this one. I would recommend to anyone that they read the User's Guide first before they buy one.

I'm with you on this one. To create a "yardage book" view of every course would take a very long time and cost a heck of alot of $$$ (SCaddie has 15K courses -- these guys would be lucky to have more than 100 done w/the yardage book view). Doesn't seem realistic that the selection of specially mapped courses would be extensive enough to justify the technology investment their asking for. Call me a skeptic but I just don't buy it (and won't).

It could be a really neat unit, and I like the way the sonocaddie shows icons on the right/left or center of the screen based on where the item marked is on the course--and how the icon shows whether it is to the front of the hazard or to carry. It prevents you from having to mark everything "L", "R", or "C(arry)".

1) You can't mark the center of the green--it just gives an average of the front and back markers. This could be troublesome if the green is "L"-shaped.

2) I'm not impressed with their website. Something about it just seems phoney. For example, it gives the impression that all courses will look like the screenshots shown, but that is only for the specially mapped courses.

3) Their customer service is in Asia somewhere. This is obvious from their emails, and I have experienced a definite language barrier when dealing with them (for pre-sales info).

4) Their User's Guide--was also written by someone in Asia. My 8th grader could have done a better job.

It could be really cool, but I will wait at least a year on this one. I would recommend to anyone that they read the User's Guide first before they buy one.

The OS is so simple on the black/white unit, you really do not need a user guide :good:

I emailed their customers service and got a reply within 1 day.

I will definitely recommend the Sonocaddie devices to everyone and NO I'm not a stockholder at Sonocaddie or a partial owner ;)

nice, I am seriously considering...need to check courses with 3D but if they have my usual rotation i may not be able to resist... LOL

The more I look at this the less inclined I am to buy. From the website most of the courses I play are "pro mapped" or whatever it's called to get the full hole graphics, but they just mapped them from sat photos and I'm not so much a fan of that vs. SkyCaddie's actual walking of the course. Plus, the more I think about it, a 2.2" screen is pretty darn small to be trying to display a full map of a hole.

I guess you can add me to the wait and see group...would love to have one in my hand before deciding. Local golf shops have not even heard about this one yet...

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

I'm selling my xv2 model and am just waiting for the bushnell replacement. I am very happy with their customer service which is based in Taiwan but they can't seem to map the courses I am requesting.

I only play 5 different courses on a regular basis, so I just map my own courses.

This way, I don't have trhe hazzle with subscription service, wrong satelite mapping etc. - and I know the mapping is SPOT ON!