6.          Ai Suzuki                                  -7

T12.      Yuka Saso                                -5

T19.      Yui Kawamoto                         -3

T19.      Hinako Shibuno                       -3

Edited by 18majors
  • Like 2

• 18majors changed the title to JLPGA: 2021 Toto Japan Classic
3 hours ago, No_Catchy_Nickname said:

I can't believe that Inami Mone has 8 wins this season, yet on the season's money earning list is only about 4,000,000 yen clear of the second place. By way of reference, her second place today earned her 20,070,000 yen.

The seasonal stats are misleading, it's inflated because of the pandemic.  The 2020 and 2021 season are combined into one jumbo season.

The purse for Toto is artificially high for JLPGA, because it's intended for a joint LPGA/JLPGA event.  It's more than twice the purse of a typical standalone JLPGA event.  Also, at JLPGA, the winner gets 20% of the purse as opposed to 15% at LPGA.  As usual, the solo 2nd gets about 60% of winner's prize.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, 18majors said:

The seasonal stats are misleading, it's inflated because of the pandemic.  The 2020 and 2021 season are combined into one jumbo season.

The purse for Toto is artificially high for JLPGA, because it's intended for a joint LPGA/JLPGA event.  It's more than twice the purse of a typical standalone JLPGA event.  Also, at JLPGA, the winner gets 20% of the purse as opposed to 15% at LPGA.  As usual, the solo 2nd gets about 60% of winner's prize.

Right, I know the TOTO purse is bigger than the usual JLPGA events, but I was sort of factoring that it as Inami got the second place prize, which is actually bigger than most of her first place prizes. Her JLPGA win at the Konica Minolta was the only one bigger than her purse today.

Actually, I just looked up Furue's record. I didn't realise she had nearly as many wins, including a one a couple of weeks ago with a big purse (Nobuta Group Masters GC Ladies). Makes more sense now.

Whatever happened to the "LPGA Odds and Ends" thread where we were posting these and could continue chatting about them JLPGA players?  Anyways, ha!!  I knew Hinako had a chance to make T15 (which I already posted in that thread) and turns out she was better than that despite @KBong mentioning she's a POSER in that thread (eg LPGA Odds and Ends) after round 2. 

Hinako ain't called "bounceback queen" for nothin' -- even if it's more as it pertains to her bouncing back after a poor shot in the next hole (rather than bouncing back after the next round or two after a poor round).  Her putts just didn't wanna go in for round 2 -- was frustrated at it but, since when did putts ALWAYS go in even for the best putters LOL.  She got lucky though the week before, as mentioned, in the Chako Higuchi Mitsubishi Electric playoff hole --- got a great bounce to hole that eagle in the par 5.  

Yuka is starting to run out of gas -- it's her first year really travelling to and from the US -- the fact that she chose Japanese citizenship and released the news the same week as TOTO was, I would say, timely, but at the same time, gonna run her ragged as she's been travelling back and forth US and Japan (and now back to the US for the Pelican and I would presume the CME) before heading back to "home base" Japan/Asia.    Gonna be interesting how she fares at the Pelican.

Needless to say, Congratulation to Furue -- it was actually not that thrilling of an even her running roughshod over everyone else.  I actually waited for Shibuno to hit her last shot then just shut everything off -- unsure whether she'd hang in there for Top 10 (but guaranteed of the top 15 just to prove @KBongwrong :P...

Onwards to QSeries for Hinako and Ayako  - too bad there's only these 2 notables as I am know that have publicly stated they're in it -- Yui Kawamoto "wasted" her chance - she already had a card and decent priority - had a ton of promise esp with her having the same coach as Hideki.  Yuka Yasuda etc could try it but I doubt they're willing to move despite being still extremely young -- we've discussed  Hinako/Ayako already a bit in QSeries thread (shameless plug LOL).    

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 18majors said:

I'm very happy to see Hinako's T7 finish after a rough start; the most encouraging thing is that she birdied the holes she's supposed to birdie. 

She always makes bogeys because of her aggressive style of playing, but that's OK when she backs it up with more birdies.

I'm not concerned whatsoever at all with Hinako's play these days.  Certainly already went through the "partial adjustment" phase in the US tour (with all the sponsor invitees etc) AND, as mentioned, her swing and equipment changes in 2020 -- despite all those changes - her distance was maintained and accuracy has now improved relative to the past (eg first and second shots) -- putting - always got speed in her putts usually as she guns for it -- which is how and why she'll win more, in my view -- and she's gotta play that way since that's her "trademark".     

Break through over slump with in JLPGA a few weeks ago was one sign, last week's victory solidified her play.  2020 was quite a distracting year for her too LOL.  (new boyfriend from Tokyo Broadcasting,  tons of endorsements from Suntory, to Vantelin, etc)

In a way, frustrating to see her "not accept" US LPGA membership then, but she'll get it anyway in my view (Barring injury, as  mentioned).  She already has seen enough of the US tour and environment that she knows what to do (go youtube watch her being interviewed about 2020 US Experience)....  My only question is: where is she going to be based in the US?   (Or will she adapt the Sung Jae Im lifestyle living out of a suitcase for a bit LOL)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 18majors said:

Seasonal stats are not very meaningful if you're tracking some players in particular relative to their performance with their JLPGA peers  -- I am of course referring to two that I track in particular LOL.  They've spent a sizable chunk of their time in the US tours as we all know

https://twitter.com/bluelion30839/status/1456147486578335750/photo/4

Edited by HMHS

40 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

1) Whatever happened to the "LPGA Odds and Ends" thread

2) I knew Hinako had a chance to make T15 (which I already posted in that thread) and turns out she was better than that despite @KBong mentioning she's a POSER in that thread (eg LPGA Odds and Ends) after round 2. 

1) For some odd reason...someone moved it to the General Forum folder???

2) LMAO.....reverse karma works for me....but not for @Argonne69

Shibuno RULES!🤣

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Supermilo said:

Break through over slump with in JLPGA a few weeks ago was one sign, last week's victory solidified her play.  2020 was quite a distracting year for her too LOL.  (new boyfriend from Tokyo Broadcasting,  tons of endorsements from Suntory, to Vantelin, etc)

LOL

How do you know she has a BF?

You have a subscription to Japan's National Enquirer?🤣

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KBong said:

LOL

How do you know she has a BF?

You have a subscription to Japan's National Enquirer?🤣

Do know quite a bit of Japanese and have quite a few Japanese friends (who feed me reliable info - straight from the golf courses there haha) 🇯🇵...   Also know a bit about these golfers' personal lives ☺︎  (just a bit but that I cannot divulge how and what they are haha)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KBong said:

1) For some odd reason...someone moved it to the General Forum folder???

2) LMAO.....reverse karma works for me....but not for @Argonne69

Shibuno RULES!🤣

NVM: found it -- but if it ain't coming back here, I'm not going to that forum just to post on one single discussion thread -- too much to follow - tracking JLPGA events with the now 14 hr time diff  is taking enough of my time haha  

Edited by HMHS
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KBong said:

That's a shame.....we need more good pros to beat up on the Mericans🤣

The good thing is that the Pink Diva, Bu88bles, obnoxious Xtina and Crusty are playing less and less...we just need SNaP to join them.🤣

this week being F1 in Mexico City, saw for a while and thought you referred to Mexicans LOL... 

• Haha 1

On 11/7/2021 at 6:40 PM, KBong said:

@fredogolfer must be happy that home countryman, Perez lead the Mexican Grand Prix for a short time and 3rd place finish.

It was a great weekend for Mexican sport, particularly if you’re from Guadalajara (same city as Lorena) since all 3 of the below mentioned athletes are from there. Canelo Alvarez won his fight Saturday night, Carlos Ortiz finishes 2nd at Mayakoba, and Checo Perez gets his 3rd straight Podium finish in F1 at home. Furthermore, the WTA finals are taking place in Guadalajara beginning this week. 

• Like 2