4)  Brooks Koepka          5)  Louis Oosthuizen

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

1 hour ago, puttnforthe8 said:

About 15 years ago I played in the Golf Channel Am Tour (I was an 11 back then) and made it to the National Championship with the final day held at Sawgrass.  I was middle of the pack, in a field of 120+ players.  For the first 15 holes I was having a pedestrian round, and had no sense of how the rest of the field was doing, when I arrived at #16.  I hit the best drive of my day, center of the fairway about 275 yards.  I had ~210 yards left and pulled out my trusty Nike CPR hybrid and laced one to the front of the green about 6 feet away.  I made the eagle putt.  And off to 17 we go.

image.png.10daceedc9fd5262ba7c0afa028ec937.png

I have to admit, it was probably the naivety, but I wasn't the least bit intimidated by #17.  I was certainly thrilled and somewhat in awe, but not intimidated.  The pin was up front at 129 yards.  I took out PW, sent it a wee bit long, and just like the pros played the backstop virtually perfect as the ball rolled to within 1 foot of the hole for a tap in birdie.  I got a few cheers from onlookers!  Off to 18.

image.png.947433b089babc961d364127b7c44b18.png

So 18 is a different animal altogether; and as unintimidated as I was on 17, I was the opposite on 18 and incredibly intimidated by the hole on every shot.  I made a bad swing and got away with it because of the weakish slice which got me back on grass, but near the water.  With 175 plus left into a slight wind and the pin tucked on the left side with bunker and water there, I completely blocked it out to the right onto the "burms" short right.  Quite the disappointment I had as I also found my ball buried pretty down in the grass.  With the water staring me in the face and no idea how to hit the shot, I finally settled on a chunk and run and pray!  Much to my surprise the ball came out cleanly, hit the fringe and rolled towards the hole.  I was left with a fairly common 8 footer which hit the bottom of the cup.  I finished eagle, birdie, par!  It was one of the most thrilling stretches of golf for me at the time and it still is today.  

image.png.c1b4c423b6f437f8fffe1b0d5f6394f1.png

This is great stuff here.

3 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

About 15 years ago I played in the Golf Channel Am Tour (I was an 11 back then) and made it to the National Championship with the final day held at Sawgrass.  I was middle of the pack, in a field of 120+ players.  For the first 15 holes I was having a pedestrian round, and had no sense of how the rest of the field was doing, when I arrived at #16.  I hit the best drive of my day, center of the fairway about 275 yards.  I had ~210 yards left and pulled out my trusty Nike CPR hybrid and laced one to the front of the green about 6 feet away.  I made the eagle putt.  And off to 17 we go.

I have to admit, it was probably the naivety, but I wasn't the least bit intimidated by #17.  I was certainly thrilled and somewhat in awe, but not intimidated.  The pin was up front at 129 yards.  I took out PW, sent it a wee bit long, and just like the pros played the backstop virtually perfect as the ball rolled to within 1 foot of the hole for a tap in birdie.  I got a few cheers from onlookers!  Off to 18.

So 18 is a different animal altogether; and as unintimidated as I was on 17, I was the opposite on 18 and incredibly intimidated by the hole on every shot.  I made a bad swing and got away with it because of the weakish slice which got me back on grass, but near the water.  With 175 plus left into a slight wind and the pin tucked on the left side with bunker and water there, I completely blocked it out to the right onto the "burms" short right.  Quite the disappointment I had as I also found my ball buried pretty down in the grass.  With the water staring me in the face and no idea how to hit the shot, I finally settled on a chunk and run and pray!  Much to my surprise the ball came out cleanly, hit the fringe and rolled towards the hole.  I was left with a fairly common 8 footer which hit the bottom of the cup.  I finished eagle, birdie, par!  It was one of the most thrilling stretches of golf for me at the time and it still is today.  

Great finishing performance by you. Thanks for telling us about one of your more memorable rounds. I have to someday play that course. The final holes of the Players are much watch golf TV for me when those who are still in contention arrive on the 16th tee. 

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3-5-7 fw's  Even Flow Green   
Callaway          X Hot 11 wood  Project X PXv

TM                  P790   6-PW  Recoil ESX 

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  all SS 

TM                  Spider cs   Super Stroke Wrist Lock 

Our Picks for 

Links

P48               Freddie  Fern                          Bobby Bark                      Sylvester Stick 

Q                   Fleetwood                               S. Im                                 Berger   

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

That is a fantastic story and thanks for sharing.  I admit that I read the beginning a bit too quickly and I thought while reading the rest that you did this at the age of 11 and I was so very impressed.  Went back to peruse again and learned of my error!  Still impressed though...

• Haha 2

Image result for 1999 honda crv

As a former owner of a '99 CRV (similar to this except mine was black) and a current owner of a Honda pushmower I feel I have an inside line into this week's tourney!

Honda: We make it simple...

1.  B. Horschel

2. D. McCarthy

3. K. Mitchell

J. Vegas, S. Cink riding in the hatch

• Haha 1

Our Picks for 

Links

P48               Fleetwood                              Westwood                        Woodland 

Q                   Fleetwood                               S. Im                                 Berger

NCL              McCarthy                               Horschel                            Mitchell 

RS                 Higgs                                     Horschel                            Higgo

LP                 Noren                                    Mack Hughes                   Bezuidenhout  

Edited by touch

My       Honda Wing Brass Knuckles Motorcycle Decal Sticker - DecalMonster.comPicks

Alex Noren

Mackenzie Hughes 

Christian Bezuidenhout 

First alternate    

The Burger Lab: How to Shape a Burger For Grilling or Broiling

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Our Picks for 

Links

P48               Fleetwood                              Westwood                        Woodland 

NCL              McCarthy                               Horschel                            Mitchell 

RS                 Higgs                                     Horschel                            Higgo

LP                 Noren                                Mackenzie Hughes               Bezuidenhout  

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Standings 

POINTS               WK.5           WK.6          WK.7             MC/-3

LP          63                9                  16                10                 2/-6

DOC      41               10                   3                  7                  3/-9

CH         27                2                    3                  5                  2/-6

Q            23                6                   -4                 4                 4/-12

NCL       12               -5                   13                6                  5/-15

P48       12               -4                     1                 4                  5/-15

RS           6                -5                     3               -5                 8/-24

Edited by touch

It's 69* under sunny skies. It's range time after work.

Edited by touch

Last week doc sends me a text saying he has his eye on a golf club on ebay and includes a photo. He says he misses the sensation of cracking shots with a wooden driver. It got me thinking that I myself haven't felt that sensation in a few decades. That night after receiving docs message I went hunting on ebay. I found a seller in Lenoir ,NC that has a nice selection of refinished old clubs at affordable prices. I pulled the trigger on this Wilson beauty with a stock R flex shaft. It arrived yesterday. I brought a small bag of game worn Pro V' s to hit with it. I have caught a good many rather well. I at least found the center of the club face most times. Now I can' t swing a steel shafted driver at the same speed as the 55 gram graphite shaft in my gamer driver, but my drives were flying straight and they did travel an adequate distance. The trajectory though was much lower. I'm flashing back to the late 1970's this afternoon on the range. I'm thinking back to my high school matches and how quite nervous I was was when hitting a driver. Back then I had no real idea where my drives were going. 😄

Edited by touch
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, touch said:

Last week doc sends me a text saying he has his eye on a golf club on ebay and includes a photo. He says he misses the sensation of cracking shots with a wooden driver. It got me thinking that I myself haven't felt that sensation in a few decades. That night after receiving docs message I went hunting on ebay. I found a seller in Lenoir ,NC that has a nice selection of refinished old clubs at affordable prices. I pulled the trigger on this Wilson beauty with a stock R flex shaft. It arrived yesterday. I brought a small bag of game worn Pro V' s to hit with it. I have caught a good many rather well. I at least found the center of the club face most times. Now I can' t swing a steel shafted driver at the same speed as the 55 gram graphite shaft in my gamer driver, but my drives were flying straight and they did travel an adequate distance. The trajectory though was much lower. I'm flashing back to the late 1970's this afternoon on the range. I'm thinking back to my high school matches and how quite nervous I was was when hitting a driver. Back then I had no real idea where my drives were going. 😄

PXL_20220223_215347472.jpg

PXL_20220223_215508045.jpg

When you connect you feel it in your hands...such a sweet feeling and sound

• Like 2

Our Picks for 

Links

LP                 Noren                                Mackenzie Hughes               Bezuidenhout 

doc               Louie O                                Koepka                                Berger  

CH               Mitchell                                 Koepka                                M. Jones 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Current Standings 

POINTS               WK.5           WK.6          WK.7             MC/-3

LP          63                9                  16                10                 2/-6

DOC      41               10                   3                  7                  3/-9

CH         27                2                    3                  5                  2/-6

Q            23                6                   -4                 4                 4/-12

NCL       12               -5                   13                6                  5/-15

P48       12               -4                     1                 4                  5/-15

RS           6                -5                     3               -5                 8/-24

Edited by touch

We are all set.........

Links

P48               Fleetwood                           Westwood                          Woodland 

Q                   Fleetwood                            S. Im                                  Berger

NCL              McCarthy                             Horschel                             Mitchell 

RS                 Higgs                                   Horschel                             Higgo

LP                 Noren                                   Mackenzie Hughes            Bezuidenhout 

doc               Louie O                                Koepka                                Berger  

CH               Mitchell                                 Koepka                                M. Jones 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, touch said:

We are all set.........

Links

P48               Fleetwood                           Westwood                          Woodland 

Q                   Fleetwood                            S. Im                                  Berger

NCL              McCarthy                             Horschel                             Mitchell 

RS                 Higgs                                   Horschel                             Higgo

LP                 Noren                                   Mackenzie Hughes            Bezuidenhout 

The "woods" are all at -1 today!!  

13 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

The "woods" are all at -1 today!!  

Right on and congrats.

This season instead of picking those I think have a chance to win the tournament I am instead picking 3 players who I feel have a solid chance of making the cut. This approach has fortunately worked so far this season as I have had only two players miss the cut. Watch, I probably just jinxed myself. 😄

Edited by touch
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who wants it?   A 1967 banana yellow Jato is available ! 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-walker-executive-golf-cart-jato-67-360/

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, touch said:

Who wants it?   A 1967 Banana yellow Jato is available ! 

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1967-walker-executive-golf-cart-jato-67-360/

No Reserve: 1967 Jato Walker Executive 360 Series Golf Cart

Sweeeeet. Looks like a Euro hat on it. Does it come with a Euro speedo ?  🤩

main-qimg-07781c04a4961e50880b8bebb5080f89.jpg

eCbiU0M.jpg

images.jpg

• Haha 2

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well on my way to another MC. 

I'm perhaps with ya Q. 

With 9 holes each still to play I have two picks right close to the cut line.   NERVOUS.

Edited by touch

Made it. I have 3 horses racing this weekend.

Alex Noren -2             T12

Mac Hughes E           T32

C. Bezuidenhout E     T32

Horse Memes

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

Links

• Haha 1