2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

3 hours ago, NCLancer said:

I found this article to be spot on!  Agree or disagree?

This Purkey guy has got to be the biggest (insert word) to ever write about golf!  He clearly has no grasp on writing, golf or much else!  

He calls Kapalua a "so-so resort", the 16th a "nuisance", and insults sponsors for coming on air.  

If it were up to me, he would be banned from golf and banned from writing.

Edited by puttnforthe8
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

This Purkey guy has got to be the biggest (insert word) to ever write about golf!  He clearly has no grasp on writing, golf or much else!  

He calls Kapalua a "so-so resort", the 16th a "nuisance", and insults sponsors for coming on air.  

I think he’s due for a promotion just on #2 alone. Buy this man a beer!!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, NCLancer said:

I found this article to be spot on!  Agree or disagree?

I think....

1. He is wrong. I like the large stadium built specifically for the one par 3 hole. It is unique and provides a type of energy that no other tournament venue has. Leave it alone, and let the rowdy crowds thrive I say. 

2. He is correct. I commented on this on various threads last week. I love Billy Murray, but his try hard act at Pebble has gotten really stale. His bit used to be entertaining two decades ago, now it detracts from the tournament. It now comes across as way too try hard of a shtick. 

3. He is correct. Let Sunday's round be just the pro's. By this point in the week the audience has had it's fill of the non PGA Tour players competing. 

4. He is quite wrong. I agree with P48 that calling Kapalua a so-so resort venue is in very poor taste. I have been fortunate to stay for a week on Maui and got to play the Plantation course twice during that vacation. It is a special course. And just because the pro's seem to tackle the track in some what easy fashion, we regular Joe's will not be able to do the same. The course beat me up. I shot an 85 and 88. On TV you cannot tell how much elevation change the course has and the degree in which many of the fairways are banked. 

5. He is correct big time. I could care less what the guy in the top office thinks or says. "Jim this year we gave $$ and helped this organization.....blah blah blah." These guys love to be in front of the camera. I have worked in the high end segment of the hospitality industry for 35 years and it has been my experience that CEO's for the most part are a bunch of big headed, full of themselves, pompous di  C  KS . I will either hit the mute button or walk away when this segment of a golf broadcast comes on.

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Picks for the Waste Management from Scottsdale 

CH                   Xander                  Hovland                 Connors 

P48                 Molinari                 Hovland                   Rahm 

LP                   Fitzpatrick                 JT                       Scheffler 

NCL                Xander                  Matsuyama             Cantlay 

RS                   Hovland                Matsuyama              Rahm

Q                     Finau                        Hovland                  JT  

doc                 S. Burns                Matsuyama                JT   

8 hours ago, puttnforthe8 said:

the dude your opinion GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, touch said:

I think....

1. He is wrong. I like the large stadium built specifically for the one par 3 hole. It is unique and provides a type of energy that no other tournament venue has. Leave it alone, and let the rowdy crowds thrive I say. 

2. He is correct. I commented on this on various threads last week. I love Billy Murray, but his try hard act at Pebble has gotten really stale. His bit used to be entertaining two decades ago, now it detracts from the tournament. It so now comes across as way too try hard of a shtick. 

3. He is correct. Let Sunday's round be just the pro's. By this point in the week the audience has had it's fill of the non PGA Tour players competing. 

4. He is quite wrong. I agree with P48 that calling Kapalua a so-so resort venue is in very poor taste. I have been fortunate to stay for a week on Maui and got to play the Plantation course twice during that vacation. It is a special course. And just because the pro's seem to tackle the track in some what easy fashion, we regular Joe's will not be able to do the same. The course beat me up. I shot an 85 and 88. On TV you cannot tell how much elevation change the course has and the degree in which many of the fairways are banked. 

5. He is correct big time. I could care less what the guy in the top office thinks or says. "Jim this year we gave $$ and helped this organization.....blah blah blah." These guys love to be in front of the camera. I have worked in the high end segment of the hospitality industry for 35 years and it has been my experience that CEO's for the most part a bunch of big headed, full of themselves, pompous di  C  KS . I will either hit the mute button or walk away when this segment of a golf broadcast comes on.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well missed two cuts and JT at T23. Back to normal.

My #4 guy is in second place.

#5  MC

It's bounce back time for the standings guy next week then. 

Edited by touch

My player who had the worst score of my three at the end of yesterday's round made a very nice move upwards (40 spots 🤩) today by shooting a 62 and is now T4. 

T4 40 United StatesScottie Scheffler -12

T20 14 EnglandMatt Fitzpatrick

-8                          T20

3 United StatesJustin Thomas -8

lol   the commish has been mighty lucky so far this year. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Mr. NCL, here is why the Sacramento Bee columnist was wrong on number 1.  🙂

💥 amazing golf craziness !

Let it happen once a year. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, touch said:

Mr. NCL, here is why the Sacramento Bee columnist was wrong on number 1.  🙂

💥 amazing golf craziness !

Let it happen once a year. 

I may be in the minority but that was pretty classless. I know, it’s once a year blah blah blah. To me, it’s equivalent or even worse than yelling “BahBahBooey or “Get in the hole” on a tee shot. I’m all for the pre shot hype, but tossing beer cans onto the green?? Maybe it’s just the young old fart in me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

image.jpeg.db2b896cb0e1bc98ddcfb64a2391d204.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

I may be in the minority but that was pretty classless. I know, it’s once a year blah blah blah. To me, it’s equivalent or even worse than yelling “BahBahBooey or “Get in the hole” on a tee shot. I’m all for the pre shot hype, but tossing beer cans onto the green?? Maybe it’s just the young old fart in me. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I am not celebrating that they made a mess CH. The explosion of emotion in the crowd when Ryder hit his ace was pretty special. Amanda B. did a great job on the call too.     

"It was honestly amazing how quickly they were able to get everything up. There was debris everywhere and, you know, it was such a fun, exciting thing and I didn't want any kind of like negativity to kind of overshadow something that was really so much fun and happy and everything. But the crew did such a good job," Ryder said. "How quickly they got it all cleaned up was pretty incredible. So, hat's off to them for being able to do that and hopefully it didn't create too much of a logjam with the pace of play, but all in all I think it was pretty positive thing."

Ryder plans on giving the ball to his parents, who were walking with him during Saturday's round and saw the shot in person.

Ryder's plans to celebrate his first hole-in-one on the PGA Tour were subdued. He said he'll buy drinks for the maintenance staff and media center but just have dinner with his parents and friends who are in town. Then he'll rest and try to figure out what happened on the 17 other holes Saturday, when he finished at even par to remain 6 under for the tournament, leaving him tied for 29th.

Fore Play@ForePlayPod  " Nailed it. @Daniel_Rapaport "

• Like 1

The hole in one thing would have been noteworthy on a tough par 3

But from 124 yards to a wide open green with little wind is a chip in for a pro.

I cannot imagine beer cans being thrown at a player on 16 at Augusta? That would be cause for some serious celebration.  We all love jubilation, unadulterated celebration for a rare feat that is indeed rare.  I get it. 

But that to me is over the top, because you are penalizing all the people who are playing behind your group. They have to deal with the delay, if that happened on a Friday can you imagine what a guy who is sitting on the cut line is having to deal with waiting for that clean up and then the drunk crowd. We laugh at John Daly for having a drinking problem when he does something in a tournament.  But we cheer on these drunk idiots for being super charged at a tournament which requires focus in order to win.  I liked the novelty of college kids and the club they formed but that is about as far as it goes. Now you have corporations buying hospitality suites and I think that is a bridge to far.

I think there is something to Phil Michelson's statements about the PGA getting to greedy.

• Like 2

I agree here 100% -  said the same thing watching it.  From the delay, to the damage on the green to the blatant disrespect of other patrons by getting them spilled with beer!   The WM and PGA needs to do something about that!  

They need to have only plastic cups used for drinks to start! 

That was a disgusting display!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

I agree with you completely.

• Like 1

Ummmmm.........aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......maybe shouldn't be posting the fact that I was in that crowd. I might of had one of the longest throws though. Guy next to me tried to miss the green really, honest............

im-innocent-see-here-iz-my-halo-8168924.png

2d2239796992a9b0073e6df56fd34fc1768f531a_1.jpg

• Haha 3

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Picks for the Waste Management from Scottsdale 

CH                   Xander                  Hovland                 Connors 

P48                 Molinari                 Hovland                   Rahm 

LP                   Fitzpatrick                 JT                       Scheffler 

NCL                Xander                  Matsuyama             Cantlay 

RS                   Hovland                Matsuyama              Rahm

Q                     Finau                        Hovland                  JT  

doc                 S. Burns                Matsuyama                JT   

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

* Standings are thru Pebble Beach 

POINTS           WK 3            WK 4           WK 5          MC  1/-3

LP         37                 6                  -1                   9                  2/-6

DOC     31                 7                    11                10                 2/-6

Q            23                 1                    7                   6                  1/-3

CH         17*               0                   5                     *              *

RS           8                  8                    3                 -5                  5/-15

P48        7                  6                     0                 -4                 4/-12

NCL      -7                -5                   -5                 -5                  5/-15

____

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Ummmmm.........aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.......maybe shouldn't be posting the fact that I was in that crowd. I might of had one of the longest throws though. Guy next to me tried to miss the green really, honest............

im-innocent-see-here-iz-my-halo-8168924.png

2d2239796992a9b0073e6df56fd34fc1768f531a_1.jpg

Oh I believe you. They say up in Worcester that your arm was every bit as fine as his............

STEVE GROGAN NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 8X10 PHOTO | eBay

2 bonus old school photos from commish on a Super Bowl Sunday. 

Here are two images of 1970's New England Patriots Cheerleaders, and one has smirking Tony Randall in it ! 

5e53313e9a2ea1914be0216e8e18f036.jpg54216e780bb6e840b154317454ae6381.jpg

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

• Like 1

*  Important reminder* 

In a few weeks we will do what we did last year and consider The Players a major and the point values will be doubled for Sawgrass. Just a head's up so you can start thinking about your team for The Players. 

On 2/8/2022 at 11:02 AM, touch said:

My picks for the Major Cocktails Consumption Tournament  in P48's back yard.

Matthew Fitzpatrick - 2 weeks in a row I am selecting this steady playing young British fellow.

Scottie Scheffler      - S.S. is seemingly so often in the mix.

JT                              - because he is one of my favorite Tour stars and will feed off the crowds.  

Back ups     Rahm, Koepka 

Scheffler         Winner                 10

Fitzpatrick       top 10                   3

JT                    top 10                   3

+ 16 points for the Waste Management