2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

14 hours ago, touch said:

Q beware we are staying in Scotland for second week.  😄

2ddbb53ea06755c6acb2fc755834afc9.jpg

Lol. Just to be perfectly frank I love Scotland. Been twice. And I am half Scottish. And yeah that's a pick of me and my best bud back in the day. We used to skip diaper changing all the time and party hard. 

• Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Congrats to NCL    💯 💥 Club.

Congrats to CH for moving into overall second place.

Chef, after being on triple double secret probation, is now second nine eligible standings wise

Edited by Qqq123xx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

STANDINGS SECOND NINE

PTS     W23   W24   W25   W26     MC1/-3     MC1/-6       TMC         M        TP

TI          59        30         5           1          5           2/-6             1/-6           3/-12       34       59

CH        57        11           0          16        3         10/-30        7/-42        17/-72      3         127

CHEF   50       34          9          -3       10         4/-12            0/0           4/-12       29       50

DOC     46       13          -1          4         9          12/-36        4/-24        16/-60     11        114

LP         46        14          2           -1       14         10/-30        2/-12        12/-42     42       193

P48      34        13         -9          8         6          15/-45        4/-24       19/-69     29        82

NCL      19         6           1             1          8         15/-45        4/-24        19/-69     32       105    

Q            17        10         1           -4        -5         16/-48        2/-12        18/-60     60       121

• Thanks 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

2022 British Open Championship St Andrews Official Golf Pin Flag Tiger  Woods ⛳️ | eBay

Picks 

BSC          Lowry                Rory                    Zalatoris                      elder player     Paul Casey 

LP             Xander              Fitzpatrick          Fleetwood                   elder player     Justin Rose 

Chef         Xander              JT                        Spieth                          elder player     Tiger

CH            Xander              Lowry                  Spieth                          elder player     Zac Johnson 

Double points and the bonus pick this week is another Old Guys Rule selection, a player 40 years old or older. 

MAJOR Points are as follows:

Winner    ----------  20 points

Top 5      ----------    10 points

Top 10     -------- -    6 points

Top 20   ----------     4 points

Made cut ---------     2 point

Missed cut ------      -6 minus three points 

Edited by touch

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

4 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Congrats to NCL    💯 💥 Club.

Congrats to CH for moving into overall second place.

Chef, after being on triple double secret probation, is now second nine eligible standings wise

Q you forgot one.

Congrats to commish for winning the week with 14 points.  😜

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, doctoro said:

Is the lame White Shark going to promote something this week at the R&A dinner parties?

me thinks not…

https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2022/07/10/lynch-greg-norman-earned-british-open-exclusion-liv-golf/

He deserved the treatment IMO. 

FYI we are trying not to not discuss any LIV stuff on our thread. We don't need that circus sideshow discussion in our group. 

• Like 1

My old guy pick is Justin Rose. 

2022 British Open Championship St Andrews Official Golf Pin Flag Tiger  Woods ⛳️ | eBay

Picks 

BSC          Lowry                Rory                    Zalatoris                      elder player     Paul Casey 

LP             Xander              Fitzpatrick          Fleetwood                   elder player     Justin Rose 

Chef         Xander              JT                        Spieth                          elder player     Tiger

CH            Xander              Lowry                  Spieth                          elder player     Zac Johnson

TI              Rory                  Fitzpatrick          Hideki                           elder player     Adam Scott 

*bonus pick this week is another Old Guys Rule selection, a player 40 years old or older. 

45 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Hey hey you you get off of my cloud!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Lol. Just to be perfectly frank I love Scotland. Been twice. And I am half Scottish. And yeah that's a pick of me and my best bud back in the day. We used to skip diaper changing all the time and party hard. 

Though I  was adopted at birth and not of Scottish decent,  the Scottish Canadian grandmother that I did grow up with and loved so very much would so value this post by Q.

Mrs. Helen McIntosh this one is for you grandma.  🙂

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🔥

• Like 1

Picks 

TI              Rory                  Fitzpatrick          Hideki                           elder player     Adam Scott

NCL          Homa               Sungjae Im          Kisner                           elder player     Paddy

doc           Xander             Rory                   Cam Smith                     elder player     Justin Rose                

*bonus pick this week is another Old Guys Rule selection, a player 40 years old or older. 

Edited by touch

Well well it's the week of the Open in the middle of July, they cram all of the majors in now from April to July, August is truly the dog days in sport.  Come on Training camp!  Fedex Cup doesn't really rattle my chain.  Nor does the Presidents Cup.  Could careless.  Ryder Cup is steeped in traditions so I like that.  If the "other tour" wants to stake a claim for themselves they should do so from now until Kick off of the NFL season.  Thats all I will say about that.  

On to the Open 

This venue will vault the Open to my second favorite tournament of the year, only behind the Masters at Augusta.

I love the tradition and the iconic 17th hole and the fact that guys who are seasoned vets can still win here.  Guys like Tom Watson almost did, losing to Stewart Cink in a playoff at Turnberry, Zach Johnson the most boring golfer known to man, Spieth won but that was an anomaly he needed to use that honed short game to do it in miraculous fashion, its nice to see guys who know the course master the course for 4 days and take home the claret jug.  The only real defense St Andrews has like Augusta is pin placement. And where to hit the tee ball is going to determine whether or not you can fire at the stick, you can't just bomb it down there like Daly did when he won the Open.  Of course you can't predict weather conditions and the wind can shift on a dime.  My only complaint is that some guys do not have to deal with the extreme conditions like others based on their tee times.  

Guys over 40 is quite a decent list at the Open.  You have Tiger who says he feels ok and should be able to make the cut on a venue he's won twice at.  Not a lot of hills at the Old Course.

Justin Rose is also gets worked up for his home Open.Zach Johnson has won at St Andrews and so has John Daly. Paul Casey, Adam Scott, the list is a big one.

I think I will go with Rosie 

He seems to get excited playing at home.

Golf Picks

How can I not pick Xander to win his first major?  I do remember saying over a year ago I thought Xander was going to be elite, it's turning out that way soon.  

Guys like JT, Rory are on fire!

But everyone is picking these guys!

Fitzpatrick playing at home also a fan fave!

This shapes up to be a barn burner with some vets chasing the young guns

My gut likes Cam Smith, Morikawa again, and wait for it! Jordan Spieth! 

But the brain is taking over and I will stay with the chalk Commander Xander and the chef's brigade!

I can't quit you JT, except for this week...taking Rory over JT

There is a Cam Newton sighting and I think he will do quite well where big fairways loom, plus not many others in this groups have picked him sorry Fitzmagic you were my brains choice but going with another gut shot here!  Will the next Open champion please stand up!?  

Cam you fooled me again! 

It's that long blonde haired animal from Australia not that long legged chameleon adorned Qb from Carolina! 

Cameron Smith thank you for answering all my questions and those sweet 20 points I will collect all to myself!

My Over 40 pick has me going with sentimental favorite who gets pumped like Faldo but usually comes up just short! 

"But Rosie you are all right.

Looks like it's me and you again tonight Rosie"

Taking Justin Rose.

image9.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, doctoro said:

Well well it's the week of the Open in the middle of July, they cram all of the majors in now from April to July, August is truly the dog days in sport.  Come on Training camp!  Fedex Cup doesn't really rattle my chain.  Nor does the Presidents Cup.  Could careless.  Ryder Cup is steeped in traditions so I like that.  If the "other tour" wants to stake a claim for themselves they should do so from now until Kick off of the NFL season.  Thats all I will say about that.  

On to the Open 

This venue will vault the Open to my second favorite tournament of the year, only behind the Masters at Augusta.

I love the tradition and the iconic 17th hole and the fact that guys who are seasoned vets can still win here.  Guys like Tom Watson almost did, losing to Stewart Cink in a playoff at Turnberry, Zach Johnson the most boring golfer known to man, Spieth won but that was an anomaly he needed to use that honed short game to do it in miraculous fashion, its nice to see guys who know the course master the course for 4 days and take home the claret jug.  The only real defense St Andrews has like Augusta is pin placement. And where to hit the tee ball is going to determine whether or not you can fire at the stick, you can't just bomb it down there like Daly did when he won the Open.  Of course you can't predict weather conditions and the wind can shift on a dime.  My only complaint is that some guys do not have to deal with the extreme conditions like others based on their tee times.  

Guys over 40 is quite a decent list at the Open.  You have Tiger who says he feels ok and should be able to make the cut on a venue he's won twice at.  Not a lot of hills at the Old Course.

Justin Rose is also gets worked up for his home Open.Zach Johnson has won at St Andrews and so has John Daly. Paul Casey, Adam Scott, the list is a big one.

Golf Picks

How can I not pick Xander to win his first major?  I do remember saying over a year ago I thought Xander was going to be elite, it's turning out that way soon.  

But the brain is taking over and I will stay with the chalk Commander Xander and the chef's brigade!

There is a Cam Newton sighting and I think he will do quite well where big fairways loom, plus not many others in this groups have picked him sorry Fitzmagic you were my brains choice but going with another gut shot here!  Will the next Open champion please stand up!?  

Cam you fooled me again! 

It's that long blonde haired animal from Australia not that long legged chameleon adorned Qb from Carolina! 

Cameron Smith thank you for answering all my questions and those sweet 20 points I will collect all to myself!

My Over 40 pick has me going with sentimental favorite who gets pumped like Faldo but usually comes up just short! 

Taking Justin Rose.

image9.jpeg

Rory, Xander, Cam Smith, Over 40 Rose...back ups Zelatoris Rahm

9 minutes ago, doctoro said:

On to the Open 

Golf Picks

Cam you fooled me again! 

Taking Justin Rose.

I've got golf pants just like Cams.  😆

2hzpcaw

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Picks 

NCL          Homa               Sungjae Im          Kisner                           elder player     Paddy

doc           Xander             Rory                   Cam Smith                     elder player     Justin Rose

P48          Li                       Wise                   Leishman                       elder player     Tiger                 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

STANDINGS SECOND NINE

PTS     W23   W24   W25   W26     MC1/-3     MC1/-6       TMC         M        TP

TI          59        30         5           1          5           2/-6             1/-6           3/-12       34       59

CH        57        11           0          16        3         10/-30        7/-42        17/-72      3         127

CHEF   50       34          9          -3       10         4/-12            0/0           4/-12       29       50

DOC     46       13          -1          4         9          12/-36        4/-24        16/-60     11        114

LP         46        14          2           -1       14         10/-30        2/-12        12/-42     42       193

P48      34        13         -9          8         6          15/-45        4/-24       19/-69     29        82

NCL      19         6           1             1          8         15/-45        4/-24        19/-69     32       105    

Q            17        10         1           -4        -5         16/-48        2/-12        18/-60     60       121

Edited by touch

3 hours ago, touch said:

Picks 

P48:  Li, Wise, Leishman  + tiger

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'WHEN YOU HAD 4 BOWLS FOR BREAKFAST AND ONLY 1 WAS CEREAL'

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

Picks 

P48          Li                       Wise                   Leishman                       elder player     Tiger                 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

STANDINGS SECOND NINE

Q has yet to make his selections for St. Andrews.  I am curious to see if his team finishes strong in Scotland this weekend.

Mr. Q has had the best record in the Majors thus far out of all of us. Props Stats man for that accomplishment!!

Will he keep his hot streak going during this season's last BIG ONE?  I'm curious. 

Q            17        10         1           -4        -5         16/-48        2/-12        18/-60    MAJORS + 60       121

Q loves these.

😆

Edited by touch

R. Mcllroy

X. Schauffele

M. Fitzpatrick

Old guy younger than me   Adam Scott

4/ S. Lowry    5/ J. Spieth

old_course_1920_standrews_aerial.webp

Edited by Qqq123xx

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

3 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

Can I please change Lowry for McIlroy?? I just have that feeling he’s gonna do something special. 🏌🏼‍♂️🇮🇪🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

You got it. 

Picks 

CH            Xander              Rory                    Spieth                          elder player     Zac Johnson

Q              Xander              Rory                   Fitzpatrick                      elder player    Adam Scott