2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

1 hour ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well trending towards an MC. DB last hole for The Schef  +3. Cut line looking +1 at the moment. 

I feel your pain Q, my team is +1,+2, and +3.    ugh. 

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

Scottish Open Picks 

LP           Xander                    Fitzpatrick           Bezuidenhout       Scotsman MacIntiyre 

Chef       Xander                    Spieth                  JT                          Scotsman  Gallagher

P48        Cam Smith              Rahm                   JT                          Scotsman  Knox 

TI            Burns                      Fitzpatrick           Kirk                        Scotsman Ferguson

CH          Can Smith              Spieth                  Zalatoris                 Scotsman Law 

NCL        Burns                      Fleetwood           Morikowa               Scotsman Knox

Q            Scheffler                 Rahm                   JT                           Scotsman Law

doc        Xander                     Hideki                  Meronk                  Scotsman Knox 

Oh we are a cooking down here in the south this week.   Yikes! 

latest.tair.png

Edited by touch

1 hour ago, touch said:

I feel your pain Q, my team is +1,+2, and +3.    ugh. 

-2, +3, +3         Could be second week in a row for 2 MC's

My guys went +5 on 18 today.  DB, B, DB respectively. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

7 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

They now have the 2018 1st Round 1st & 3rd picks in the same QB room who combine for the most INT's thrown since 2018.

CLE vs CAR Week 1.

wayward pines GIF

May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says 'The Cleveland Browns will be paying Baker Mayfield $588,235 Week 1 to try and beat the Cleveland Browns'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Congrats to our leader once again. 🥂  Out of all our Scot's picks this week his boy Ferguson opened up with the best score. The crowd favorite Russell Knox did well also with his 2 under and is not far off. But TI sets the pace once again. 

T7 

Flag for SCO
FERGUSON, Ewen

-
13:05

TI            Burns                      Fitzpatrick           Kirk                        Scotsman Ferguson

Well done.  

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 8:03 AM, CHuntsman said:

They now have the 2018 1st Round 1st & 3rd picks in the same QB room who combine for the most INT's thrown since 2018.

CLE vs CAR Week 1.

wayward pines GIF

Still a sizable  upgrade from Darnold.  I think DJ Moore with his speed can make some big plays. I don’t really care how Mayfield plays. As long as he can be more efficient than Darnold which shouldn’t be a big leap. Mayfield also might have a chip on his shoulder. I would love to see what the Browns are going to do now if Watson is gone which looks imminent. 

• Like 2

Now that is more like it. I have two picks that performed quite admirably today.

Xander moved up 60 spots to T9 with his 5 under 65 today.

Fitzpatrick moved up 42 spots to T9 with his 4 under 66 today. 

Since it looks like my third pick is headed for a MC the other two just might offset the -3 points rather well. 

# tryingnottofalltofarinthestandings  

Scottish Open Picks 

LP           Xander                    Fitzpatrick           Bezuidenhout       Scotsman MacIntiyre 

Chef       Xander                    Spieth                  JT                          Scotsman  Gallagher

P48        Cam Smith              Rahm                   JT                          Scotsman  Knox 

CH          Can Smith              Spieth                  Zalatoris                 Scotsman Law 

NCL        Burns                      Fleetwood           Morikowa               Scotsman Knox

Q            Scheffler                 Rahm                   JT                           Scotsman Law

doc        Xander                     Hideki                  Meronk                  Scotsman Knox 

And commish sneaks it in. 

Best Sliding Into Home GIFs | Gfycat

Three 3's made the weekend for me in Scotland.

Fitzpatrick at -3    T4

Xander also at -3  T4

and my replacement player for Fleetwood (because I had forgotten he got me a second place finish last week) C. Bezuidenhout made the cut right on the number +3   T49 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

STANDINGS  2ND  NINE      7/4

PTS    W22    W23    W24    W25    MC/-3    MC/-6     TMC       MAJ    TP

TI         54        16         30         5            1          2/-6         1/-6        3/-12       34       59

CH       54        12          11         0            16       9/-27      7/-42     16/-69      3        124

DOC    37         8           13        -1            4       10/-30     4/-24    14/-54      11       105

LP        32         5           14        2             -1       10/-30     2/-12     12/-42     47       179

P48     28         5           13        -9           8        15/-45     4/-24     19/-69     29       76

Q          22         10         10         1            -4       14/-42     2/-12     16/-54     60       126

NCL     11          0             6         1              1        14/-42     4/-24    18/-66     32         97

CHEF  40         --          34        9            -3         3/-9         0/0         3/-9        29        40       

🙂

• Like 2

Well MC, MC, T53 and Scot T62      My two guys left standing were +3, +4 on back 9 today. 

What a brutal two weeks. 

Feeling supremely confident going into The Open. 

Is that 18 hole tough or what?

I just had a banana and some strawberries. 

Doing laundry.  That will probably miss the cut to. 

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Well MC, MC, T53 and Scot T62      My two guys left standing were +3, +4 on back 9 today. 

What a brutal two weeks. 

Feeling supremely confident going into The Open. 

Is that 18 hole tough or what?

I just had a banana and some strawberries. 

Doing laundry.  That will probably miss the cut to. 

LOL laundry missing the cut.   

Bad two weeks indeed for you brother but the Open Championship is double points plus the Old Guy 5 bonus points pick is again involved next week so you can turn it around .   Bounce back time !  👍

• Like 1

Scottish Open Picks 

A few weeks back I reconnected with my original and number one instructor.

Ed is elderly and wanted to stay away from all public places until covid was far behind in the rear view mirror. I have been working with him for nearly 6 years and it had been two years since I had last taken a lesson from him. The three lessons I had with Ed last month, two swing and one putting I believe have immensely contributed to my recent ability to shoot lower scores consistently. 

Last week while at the range one evening after work it came to me. LP you are here twice a week practicing but you haven't played your home track Broadmoor in many months. You are overdue so play it back to back days on your two days off following your 4th of July shift. I called Kirk and Steve and withing 48 hours I had two set games at Broadmoor for Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. 

Tuesday I joined the retired men's league. We tee'd off at 11 AM and by that time it was already scorching at 85*. The AVL as well as the rest of the Southeastern US was hit with a week of maximum heat and humidity weather system for the second week of July. On our back 9 it hit 90* with a heat index 7 degrees north of that number. I played in a fivesome. The pace was very slow. The round took almost 4 hours 45 minutes.  I pumped the water and protein bars, had a sandwich and plenty of Gatorades but still on the last few holes felt very woozy and had a hard time feeling in balance. The heat had gotten to me. On two of the finishing holes I parked my tee shots into the water. Once with driver and once with a hybrid on a par 3. I made a mess of both and carded a triple and a double coming in. I made a decent par on the last hole. 

Tuesday at Broadmoor

11 fairways

11 greens

Zero Birdies

2  three whacks

2 penalty strokes

shot 81 

One Wednesday I played a threesome with Kirk and Keller again at Broadmoor. No they are not a Law Firm. Our tee time for a second day was at 11 AM and again it was a sauna on the golf course before lunch time. By the fourth hole my shirt was soaked and at the end of the day I had gone through 4 gloves and reapplied sunscreen 3 times. The temp hit 90* once more and the humidity was 73%. Heat index for a second day was in the high 90's. Somehow while playing for second day in a row in sweltering conditions I got into a little grove. I didn't get enough birdie putts to drop on Wednesday but I feel due to the faster pace of play I got into more of a striking of my shots rhythm. 

Wednesday at Broadmoor

12 fairways

12 greens

1 birdie

one 3 jack

zero penalty strokes

shot 75 

One birdie in 36 holes was it? I can do better than that. 🏌️‍♂️ So it was a 9 over and 3 over for the week. My two scores on the same course averaged out to a + 6.  My current index is a 5 so that was pretty darn close. I battled in the extreme heat this week and I didn't falter too much when I look back on my results over both days.  Even though I played this week in an absolute furnace both times I still found plenty of golfing joy to make me smile both days ! 

That makes 4 weeks in row that I have been Steady Eddie thanks to seeing the instructor I have gotten the most out of in my 40 years in the game. 

I have 3 of the more difficult tracks in my rotation scheduled for this upcoming week and one of the tracks I haven't played in 9 months. 

We shall see if I can make it 5 weeks in a row with right steady play. 🏌️‍♂️

Edited by touch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, doctoro said:

I think Mayfield  gets right in Charlotte 

Nobody has a better feel for NFL personnel than you doc. I really hope you are correct because then I will go to a game in Charlotte, meet up with NCL, and see Baker live !!   I have avoided that stadium because it has always housed the biggest DIVA that ever played QB in the NFL in one Cam Newton.  😜

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Who is leading in the Scots man race please somebody? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, touch said:

A few weeks back I reconnected with my original and number one instructor.

Ed is elderly and wanted to stay away from all public places until covid was far behind in the rear view mirror. I have been working with him for nearly 6 years and it had been two years since I had last taken a lesson from him. The three lessons I had with Ed last month, two swing and one putting I believe have immensely contributed to my recent ability to shoot lower scores consistently. 

Last week while at the range on evening after work it came to me. LP you are here twice a week practicing but you haven't played your home track Broadmoor in many months. You are overdue so play it back to back days on your two days off following your 4th of July shift. I called Kirk and Steve and withing 48 hours I had two set games at Broadmoor for Tuesday and Wednesday of this week. 

Tuesday I joined the retired men's league. We tee'd off at 11 AM and by that time it was already a scorching at 85*. The AVL as well as the rest of the Southeastern US were hit with a week of maximum heat and humidity weather system for the second week of July. On our back 9 it hit 90* with a heat index 7 degrees north of that number. I played in a fivesome. The pace was very slow. The round took almost 4 hours 45 minutes.  I pumped the water and protein bars, had a sandwich and plenty of Gatorades but still on the last few holes felt very woozy and had a hard time feeling in balance. The heat had gotten to me. On two of the finishing holes I parked my tee shots into the water. Once with driver and once with a hybrid on a par 3. I made a mess of both and carded a triple and a double coming in. I made a decent par on the last hole. 

Tuesday at Broadmoor

11 fairways

11 greens

Zero Birdies

2  three whacks

2 penalty strokes

shot 81 

One Wednesday I played a threesome with Kirk and Keller again at Broadmoor. No they are not a Law Firm. Our tee time for a second day was at 11 AM and again it was a sauna on the golf course before lunchtime. By the fourth hole my shirt was soaked and at the end of the day I had gone through 4 gloves and reapplied sunscreen 3 times. The temp hit 90* once more and the humidity was at 73%. Heat index for a second day was in the high 90's. Somehow while playing for second day in a row in sweltering conditions I got in a little grove. I didn't get enough birdie putts to drop on Wednesday but I feel due to the faster pace of play I got into some solid ball striking rhythm. 

Wednesday at Broadmoor

12 fairways

12 greens

1 birdie

one 3 jack

zero penalty strokes

shot 75 

One birdie in 36 holes was it? I can do better than that. 🏌️‍♂️ So it was a 9 over and 3 over for the week. My two scores on the same course averaged out to a + 6 then.  My current index is a 5 so that was pretty close. 

I so battled in the extreme heat this week and I didn't falter too much when I look back on my results over both days.  Even though I played both days this week in an absolute furnace I still found plenty of golfing joy to make me smile both days !  That makes 4 weeks in row that I have been Steady Eddie thanks to seeing the instructor I have gotten the most of in my 40 years in the game. 

I have 3 of the more difficult tracks in my rotation scheduled for this upcoming week and one of the tracks I haven't played in 9 months. 

We shall see if I can make it 5 weeks in a row with right steady play. 🏌️‍♂️

Fletcher Moontain .jpg

broad 2 .jpg

broad 4.jpg

broad 6 .jpg

broad incoming storm.jpg

broad fivesome .jpg

broad 18 hole .jpg

Some more nice pics from LP and his gang of ne'er-do-wells!  

The heat has been crazy but looks like we're catching a break for a few days.  Have fun this upcoming week and we cannot wait to read of your exploits on the course.  Great playing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCLancer said:

Q:  Why doesn't Russell ring the doorbell?

A:  Because Russell Knox!😝

😀👍

• Thanks 1