2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

TOUR Picks Weekly

touch

All Deere picks are in. 

John Deere headquarters in Moline. 

Deere Headquarters Address, CEO Email Address, and Corporate Office

Picks 

TI                                                   Howell lll                     Simpson                      Theegala 

CH                                                 Poston                        C. Davis                       McCarthy 

P48                                                Poston                        Hardy                          Ramey 

chef                                               McNealy                     Simpson                      Hadwin  

LP                                                  C. Champ                   Simpson                      Bezuidenhout 

Q                                                    Hadwin                        Simpson                     Theegala 

NCL                                               Hadley                        Simpson                      Todd

doc                                               Howel lll                      Bezuidenhout              Hadwin        

• Like 1

Callaway        Paradym  Hzrdus Silver 

Callaway        Epic Flash 3,5,7  FW's  Even Flow Green   
TM                   M4      5 hybrid  Atmos 

TM                  P790   6-PW Recoil ESX

PING               Glide 3.0  50, 56, 60  SS 

TM                  Spider cs  Iomic Absolute-X  

83 degrees, low humidity, and a slight breeze as Mrs. NCL and myself teed off yesterday at 1:30 in Danville, VA.  Goodyear Golf Club is a private course built for the plant workers but takes a limited number of phone ahead tee-times each day and we were lucky enough to snag one.  No one behind us, no one in front of us and we only saw a few foursomes on the course.  Fine conditions tee-to-green and the most comfortable carts we have ever ridden in.  The seats are plushier than most car seats!

Played a mix of tees (around 5875 yards) on this course which reminds me more of an Adirondack golf course than any we've played since moving south.  Par 71 with 4 Par 5's, 9 Par 4's and 5 Par 3's and I hit 10-13 fairways with 39 putts on their undulating and smooth greens.   After curling in a nice 20 footer to birdie the Par 3 17th I knew I had a pretty good score.  I'm not one to add my score up early as I prefer just to concentrate on the task at hand and not the big picture so on the Par 5 18th tee I was thinking par or bogey and then after a strong tee ball down the hill I had 288 left in.  9 shots and 2 lost balls later I'm walking to the cart in an angered daze (is that even possible?).  48 + 47 =95 which is pretty average for me but it could have been so much better.  Oh well...    

Virginia was the 4th state (I know, it's a Commonwealth) we have played in the month of June (NY,MD,NC,VA).  Hoping to keep things going throughout the summer as things heat up.  Sure doesn't take long to work up a nice lather when it 90 and sticky! 

image.png.9611b7abaf6f470212406512429eee4d.png

image.png.932a1f8a57f3ebaaca6d76375dc7bbfd.png

IMG_5796.JPG

Edited by NCLancer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NCLancer said:

83 degrees, low humidity, and a slight breeze as Mrs. NCL and myself teed off yesterday at 1:30 in Danville, VA.  Goodyear Golf Club is a private course built for the plant workers but takes a limited number of phone ahead tee-times each day and we were lucky enough to snag one.  No one behind us, no one in front of us and we only saw a few foursomes on the course.  Fine conditions tee-to-green and the most comfortable carts we have ever ridden in.  The seats are plushier than most car seats!

Played a mix of tees (around 5875 yards) on this course which reminds me more of an Adirondack golf course than any we've played since moving south.  Par 71 with 4 Par 5's, 9 Par 4's and 5 Par 3's and I hit 10-13 fairways with 39 putts on their undulating and smooth greens.   After curling in a nice 20 footer to birdie the Par 3 17th I knew I had a pretty good score.  I'm not one to add my score up early as I prefer just to concentrate on the task at hand and not the big picture so on the Par 5 18th tee I was thinking par or bogey and then after a strong tee ball down the hill I had 288 left in.  9 shots and 2 lost balls later I'm walking to the cart in an angered daze (is that even possible?).  48 + 47 =95 which is pretty average for me but it could have been so much better.  Oh well...    

Virginia was the 4th state (I know, it's a Commonwealth) we have played in the month of June (NY,MD,NC,VA).  Hoping to keep things going throughout the summer as things heat up.  Sure doesn't take long to work up a nice lather when it 90 and sticky! 

image.png.932a1f8a57f3ebaaca6d76375dc7bbfd.png

Enjoyed your recap from across state lines. Beautiful golf course and with that few of other players around I suspect more serene. Cool that it looked to you kind of like a course back home in Upstate NY. 

Way to go and cheers to seeking further out golf experiences!

Good thing there is a safe and trusted location to put Miss Ivy at as you two on occasion tear up the links kind of far from home. 🐕

The photo of you and Mrs. NCL made me smile large !

Looking handsome in that Mizzy bucket hat ye be Mr. SUNY Plattsburgh Cardinal. 🙂 

I must golf again with this fun couple sometime this fall. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

And not one speck of Duke blue to be found in any photo.   Bravo ! 

Whoops , upon further review there appears to be a Blue Devil head cover in the basket behind the seat in the cart.

Dang it. 😄

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

Well since the mic and podium are set up for the sharing of recaps I have something. 

I shot my career best score yesterday at the CC of AVL. I carded an even par 71.

For a change it was cloudy and cooler outside in the late afternoon. I had an absolute blast playing quite a bit better than my average for a few hours with my great golf pals Stan and Peter.   I am still celebrating. 🥂 🏌️‍♂️

My stats

12 fairways

15 greens

33 putts with ZERO 3 whacks! 

3 birdies on 9, 16, and 18 just lipped out one on 17. Almost finished with 3 straight tweeters. 

Zero penalty strokes 

70+ Free Number 8 & Eight Images

The power of my lucky number 8 certainly contributed to my excellent play for that round. 

Tuesday was the 28th day of June.

We were randomly provided cart number 18, and I finished the afternoon with a birdie on the last hole. 

Edited by touch
  • Like 3

Deere picks

TI                                                   Howell lll                     Simpson                      Theegala 

CH                                                 Poston                        C. Davis                       McCarthy 

P48                                                Poston                        Hardy                          Ramey 

chef                                               McNealy                     Simpson                      Hadwin  

LP                                                  C. Champ                   Simpson                      Bezuidenhout 

Q                                                    Hadwin                        Simpson                     Theegala 

NCL                                               Hadley                        Simpson                      Todd

doc                                               Howel lll                      Bezuidenhout              Hadwin        

• Like 1

9 hours ago, touch said:

Well since the mic and podium are set up for the sharing of recaps I have something. 

I shot my career best score yesterday at the CC of AVL. I carded an even par 71.

For a change it was cloudy and cooler outside in the late afternoon. I had an absolute blast playing quite a bit better than my average for a few hours with my great golf pals Stan and Peter.   I am still celebrating. 🥂 🏌️‍♂️

My stats

12 fairways

15 greens

33 putts with ZERO 3 whacks! 

3 birdies on 9, 16, and 18 just lipped out one on 17. Almost finished with 3 straight tweeters. 

Zero penalty strokes 

70+ Free Number 8 & Eight Images

The power of my lucky number 8 certainly contributed to my excellent play for that round. 

Tuesday was the 28th day of June.

We were randomly provided cart number 18, and I finished the afternoon with a birdie on the last hole. 

CCA opening photo.jpg

CCA 2  (4).jpg

cart #18 .jpg

CCA 3  (3).jpg

CCA 5  (1).jpg

CCA 4 .1 .jpg

Stan Pete and LP CCA 6-28.jpg

Fantastic pics and thanks for sharing!  In Pic 1 is that an eagle, heron, or vulture?  After riding in our luxury cart at Goodyear all other carts look so mundane and uncomfortable (now I'm a cart snob!).  Seeing your headwear in the last pic I suppose I couldn't wear my Mizzy bucket hat playing with you fellas, have to wear one of my Titleist caps to be one of the cool kids!  

Congrats on a well-deserved 71.  Summer is heating up even for those in the mountains!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, touch said:

Good stuff. Like the post. But where's Abe?  

What else comes to mind gents when you think of Illinois? And no Cubs nonsense please because the Cardinal Red Bird fans around here that are the two LP's will of course have to flame you.

How about someone posts up a fab photo of a famous Chicago hotdog. You know the one with the poppy seeded bun and the green topping.

And we all remember CH's great post from his Illinois business trip over the winter. Deep dish pizza for all! 🍕

Da Bears !! 

🙂 

Go big or go home. And Abe and dog already done many times over pal. 😀

• Haha 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

5 hours ago, CHuntsman said:

My guy James Tyree with an opening round 62!! Hickory NC boy who went to Western Carolina.  🔥️ 

I have two coworkers who played golf at WNC, and two of the coolest new members where I work played in Cullowhee for the Cats as well. They all have had me pulling for the other J.T. for a few years now. 👍

And after the first round CH you might be correct in predicting Webb does diddly squat this week.  😉

Paws the Catamount Mascot - Western Carolina University

J. T. Poston Wikipedia, age, wife, children, Masters, wins, stats, OWGR,  Instagram, net worth

Edited by touch

2 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

Welllll after the first round I'm looking at 3 missed cuts. Have a nice evening. 

Q sent this post from his phone. My eye in the sky has him currently here. Don't feel too bad for the statistician. 

✓ Group of young cheerful intercultural friends raising hands with bottles  Stock Photos 

• Like 1

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Darrick Phillips @DPhillz Seeing Baker Mayfield host a charity event the same day Deshaun Watson is having his legal hearing, only after the Browns said they want an adult at QB is the Cleveland Browns content we all know and love.'

Edited by touch
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, touch said:

Q sent this post from his phone. My eye in the sky has him currently here. Don't feel too bad for the statistician. 

✓ Group of young cheerful intercultural friends raising hands with bottles  Stock Photos 

After party snacks. Guess which one is Moi ??

Fat-Man-Passed-Out-After-Party-Hard-Funny-Meme-Picture.jpg

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

49 minutes ago, Qqq123xx said:

After party snacks. Guess which one is Moi ??

Fat-Man-Passed-Out-After-Party-Hard-Funny-Meme-Picture.jpg

You best not be the dude in the pink panties. 

• Like 1

Deere picks

3 hours ago, Qqq123xx said:

Cut line is projected at -1

My guys are at -1, E, and +1

🤢   💢   👍   🦃   📭   📴

Web finished at -1 and he so let me down (and a few other's around here) this week. 

Edited by touch

I don' t play no trumpet and my name is Neil A. 

www.globaltimes.cn/Portals/0/attachment/2011/b8629...

I play the trumpet and my name Louis A. 

Louis Armstrong: The Quintessential Man with the Horn | WRTI

Edited by touch
  • Like 1

Put me down for  +1    and.....       

31ba210569c88aaf2fb007842fb973ea.jpg

Edited by Qqq123xx

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

1 hour ago, CHuntsman said:

Next stop Asheville for this road dawg! 🍻 

When CH? 

4 hours ago, touch said:

You best not be the dude in the pink panties. 

Ohhhhh really well it's twofer time Louise.....

49875171.jpg

1n3hy3.jpg

• Haha 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

32 minutes ago, CHuntsman said:

Just got to my hotel on Tunnel Rd. Finishing up some work then gonna head out for some grub and brews. 🥩🍤🍺 

Oh you are here now then. Man no advance notice for the commish?  🙄  I would come have a brew with you but this is my absolute busiest work week of the entire year. I start each shift real early and stay pretty late all the way thru Monday. I need to rest to complete my hard week as I am an old man.  Have a good time in the AVL CH.  A few weeks back you expressed interest in coming up and playing some golf together. Let's get that done sometime. I will look forward to your photos from tonight's dinner. I suggest Jeti Rae's Oyster House on Charlotte Street.  Peace friend. 

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, touch said:

Oh you are here now then. Man no advance notice for the commish?  🙄  I would come have a brew with you but this is my absolute busiest work week of the entire year. I start each shift real early and stay pretty late all the way thru Monday. I need to rest to complete my hard week as I am an old man.  Have a good time in the AVL CH.  A few weeks back you expressed interest in coming up and playing some golf together. Let's get that done sometime. I will look forward to your photos from tonight's dinner. I suggest Jeti Rae's Oyster House on Charlotte Street.  Peace friend. 

Yea I wish it would’ve worked out, LP. I found out late last night I was needed in Kernersville at 12:00 to drop equipment off. I planned to head back home but got a call I was needed in Yancey County. Didn’t feel like driving back to the ATL so I’m staying in the AVL tonight. Jettie Rae’s is 1.7 miles from the hotel. I will definitely report back!

• Like 1

Two MC's for me this week. Ugh.  That was the last time I pick Simpson, and my Cam was a far cry from being anything Champ like.

Grateful Mr. Beziudenhout is still in the mix after firing a 6 under today and is at T15. 🕺 Maybe a high finish by him will help to offset my -6 when it's all over in Illinois. 🤞

I'm pulling for a wire to wire FIRST win for JT Poston now.  CH reminded us that the young man played his college golf at Western Carolina University.  I am good friends with 5 golfer Ashevillian's  that also played golf for that school. 

Go Catamount dude go! 

• Like 1