2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

slicefixer...any videos of your swing?

Medici999

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go to youtube, search slicefixer.there are lots of swings there from slices students to his own

Yep, on YouTube as I type this.........HOWEVER, I must warn you that I only filmed myself whenever I was swinging poorly so in all but one swing I'm waaay too much underneath and "cuppy" (My "swing tendency" caused from several years of TRYING to swing from "underneath" (I got VERY good at it too :partytime2:) ......not very good swings compared to my best.......when swinging my best I was more " open and on top" and compressing the fire out of it.........the lil' draw aimed at the dead oak tree was pretty good as that one was a decent swing and was used as a demo to show a good player that a draw COULD be hit without "swinging inside-out and rolling the wrists"... ;) .....all the shots were fine, but, were not nearly the best swings I've made in my life.......(not to mention there over 10 years post "prime"....hehehehe)

they look good to me. any links to the swing you teach as you have so many posts i cant seems to find it. thanks

Working on a site right now as well as several other things.........somebody here created a pretty neat download of the best stuff posted on here.......I haven't read the download, but, several who have said it paints a pretty good pic........ :partytime2:

do you have a link to the download mate? im in spain next week for 2weeks so ill get you some good quality videos seen as it will hopefully be sunny!

Yes, I do......however you'll have to be very patient as I have a LOT of stuff on this computer and I'll have to dig through them to send it to you.......perhaps somebody else has easier access.......I'll see if I can locate it for you.........

Slice,

Which one was the lil draw at the dead oak tree? I don't know anyting about you and there are 23 videos. Which is you?

Also, what state are you in?

TX/AR border.........they are listed as "GPJ".......the "no hands draw" is the footage where I'm in light brown slacks and street shoes......(spur of the moment shot...hehehe)

Slice,

Which one was the lil draw at the dead oak tree? I don't know anyting about you and there are 23 videos. Which is you?

TX/AR border.........they are listed as "GPJ".......the "no hands draw" is the footage where I'm in light brown slacks and street shoes......(spur of the moment shot...hehehe)

Excellent. I wish I could put my hands in my pocket like that.

Slice,

.....you CAN......I did.......then for about 4 or 5 years, I didin't.......then I LEARNED to again......and I'm nothing special........ :partytime2:

they look good to me. any links to the swing you teach as you have so many posts i cant seems to find it. thanks

Working on a site right now as well as several other things.........somebody here created a pretty neat download of the best stuff posted on here.......I haven't read the download, but, several who have said it paints a pretty good pic........ :partytime2:

Slice-are you working on a site about your teaching method? Also, if you or someone else here finds the link could you post (I would be interested in reading everything)

Slice,

.....you CAN......I did.......then for about 4 or 5 years, I didin't.......then I LEARNED to again......and I'm nothing special........ :partytime2:

F... great swing slice stop being modest lot of teachers who can talk but can't do the walk

Slice-are you working on a site about your teaching method? Also, if you or someone else here finds the link could you post (I would be interested in reading everything)

Yes, working out the details at the moment.....I don't want to just throw up a "junky" website and I don't want to spend 10k to have it gold plated either.....;) We ARE working on it though........EJ has a copy and can send it to you.......I'm sure he'd be more than happy to do it!

Slice,

.....you CAN......I did.......then for about 4 or 5 years, I didin't.......then I LEARNED to again......and I'm nothing special........ ;)

F... great swing slice stop being modest lot of teachers who can talk but can't do the walk

Thank you so much Mizuno........ :partytime2:

I wasn't really trying to be modest just honest........I guess I just SEE the damned flaws (my tendencies) GLARING back at me........I really wish I'd taken the time to film myself around 1990 - 95 when I was swinging my best as it was pretty good........Father time is a ruthless SOB though and I truly haven't practiced much at all since my first child was born over 10 years ago......

The funny thing is this, I ORDER all of my good player students to make SURE and film themselves from a zillion angles when they are striking it THEIR best........that way we have something to use as a reference when they aren't........working with good ballstrikers/players is like tuning a Ferrari.......sometimes the SLIGHTEST adjustment makes a HUGE difference........it sure makes it easier for me to spot small, seemingly insignificant, differences when I've got "good footage" to use as a comparison........that's also why I'm so bloody ANAL about camera angles.......gotta' get em' RIGHT....... :D

Thanks again for the kind comment as I very much appreciate it!

Beautiful, simple swing. A little OPS in your swing theories? Inquiring minds...

Kevin

Yes, SOME similarities, but, some SERIOUS differences too..........and I figured out my deal LONG before anyone had heard of Jim Hardy (including myself)..... ;)

Slice, I wasn't insinuating anything, please don't take my post the wrong way. I was really paying a compliment and just trying to learn! I love the looks of the basics of OPS, but do not have a deep understanding. Two of my favorite swings: TA III and Liselotte Neumann. I dont know if they are true OPS, but love their action!

:partytime2:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

Beautiful, simple swing. A little OPS in your swing theories? Inquiring minds...

Kevin

Yes, SOME similarities, but, some SERIOUS differences too..........and I figured out my deal LONG before anyone had heard of Jim Hardy (including myself)..... ;)

Slice, I wasn't insinuating anything, please don't take my post the wrong way. I was really paying a compliment and just trying to learn! I love the looks of the basics of OPS, but do not have a deep understanding. Two of my favorite swings: TA III and Liselotte Neumann. I dont know if they are true OPS, but love their action!

:partytime2:

Kevin

No, no, no........I didn't think you were insinuating anything.........hell, I've been preaching the SAME thing for almost 20 years now.........even wrote a "book" in 1993 using "images"/"examples" from the many books I'd written with my own text explaining what I believed, etc. I didn't do it for publication, but, for myself.........I wanted to re-read my own thinking in the future just to see how much the "foundation" had changed.......and the foundation hasn't changed, but, the way/method/"MO" of teaching it has evolved quite a bit........

Anyway, I appreciate the kind sentiment! THX!

I've got the paypal ready to donate to your site :partytime2:. Put the kids to sleep and get working on it you have a fairly large fan base on WRX all wanting to ingrain your swing theories.

Thanks Shaq........all in good time........I just don't want to throw something up that's not "ready"..........same for a book.......too many golf websites are too complicated and too many books are published that weren't thoroughly "thought out" IMOP........IMOP, most sites involving golf teachers/instruction offer too many options and too much to work through to figure out what the "point" is....;) I want something VERY simple........ONE forum for direct questions/posts about ANY topic........a section on what I believe, how I figured it out, and a section on Mr. Hogan and the why/how/what, etc. I also want a section so guy's can upload footage for analysis, etc. I'm a relatively simple person, as a result, I don't like "complicated".......no matter if it's a website, book, or a golf swing....... :D

They didn't do much for me, and the whole blue tinted vision side effect that people complain about makes me crack up laughing (Insert dirty Smurf reference). Slice did you ever locate the link that someone put together of all of your informative posts. Also do you have any at home drills that you find useful?