2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

New "The Buck Club" NASA daytime putter covers (Zac Blair) – 2022 Cadence Bank Houston Open

They made great stuff UNTIL EP headcovers were bought by SWAG.  Now TBC mallet covers are the size of Bettinardi's or bigger!  I also don't feel right about paying over 100 dollars a year to be a member and have no access to his private golf course I helped fund in a small way. 

• Like 3

Driver: TaylorMade QI 10 w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 6S

3 wood: TaylorMade Stealth+ w/ Fujikura 2024 Ventus Blue 7S

5 wood: Taylormade Stealth+ w/ VA Nemesys 75s

4 Utility Iron: Srixon ZX MKII w/ UST Mamiya Dart 90 F4

5i-U: PING i230 w/ DG TI 120s 

SW: Titleist Vokey SM9 F Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

LW: Titleist Vokey SM9 D Grind KBS 610 wedge 120s

Putter: L.A.B. DF3

Titleist ProV1x 

28 minutes ago, Bskib said:

They made great stuff UNTIL EP headcovers were bought by SWAG.  Now TBC mallet covers are the size of Bettinardi's or bigger!  I also don't feel right about paying over 100 dollars a year to be a member and have no access to his private golf course I helped fund in a small way. 

If you join 3 jack National for 100$ you only have access outside off the Groupon time slots. 

for 100$ you have access to sweet merchandise drops , a bit like club cameron . Would you be mad if you didn’t get Scottie’s personal cell number ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Aaronwilson_95 said:

If you join 3 jack National for 100$ you only have access outside off the Groupon time slots. 

for 100$ you have access to sweet merchandise drops , a bit like club cameron . Would you be mad if you didn’t get Scottie’s personal cell number ? 

You mean Scottie's personal cell number isn't included in Club Cameron?! 😂 

Edited by asroma19
  1. Titleist TSR4 9º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 6X (A1) (Swing weight: D4)
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  3. Titliest TSR3 18º w/ Fujikura Ventus Black TR 8X
  4. Titleist TSR2 21º w/ Fujikura Speeder EVO VII 757X
  5. Artisan HC 4-iron (23º) w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI
  6. Artisan MB 5-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (26º)
  7. Artisan MB 6-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI(30º)
  8. Artisan MB 7-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (34º)
  9. Artisan MB 8-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (38º)
  10. Artisan MB 9-iron w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (42º)
  11. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (46.5º)
  12. Artisan S grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (51º)
  13. Artisan DS grind w/ True Temper DGX100 120g TI (56º)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, Bskib said:

Boom!  Exactly what turned me off.  Went from building a "dream" public course in Utah to funding a private course in Carolina.  Was a supporter of the brand back when he was raffling off TBC hats on Twitter, sucks!  Seems like a good guy and thinking outside of my selfish consumer mindset, I can also understand he was looking to set up shop a bit quicker than through the TBC brand.  Getting private investments in turn for private membership seems to have proven a bit more fruitful given this couse has been built so quickly.  

- KC

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Ping Glide 4.0 Raw (52S/56S/58T)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

14 hours ago, KC13 said:

Boom!  Exactly what turned me off.  Went from building a "dream" public course in Utah to funding a private course in Carolina.  Was a supporter of the brand back when he was raffling off TBC hats on Twitter, sucks!  Seems like a good guy and thinking outside of my selfish consumer mindset, I can also understand he was looking to set up shop a bit quicker than through the TBC brand.  Getting private investments in turn for private membership seems to have proven a bit more fruitful given this couse has been built so quickly.  

- KC

He did a good interview somewhat recently with No Laying Up...basically said he started selling the merchandise because people kept asking him about it, it was never intended to fund the golf course or imply any kind of membership (I'm paraphrasing of course, but I am pretty sure that's what he said.) Also the site they looked at in Utah wasn't going to produce the course he wanted because of the soil type, that's why he ended up in SC. He didn't want to keep the TBC name since it was a different course, which is how he ended up with the Tree Farm name. I've gotten a few t-shirts and hats that I love and I use one of the headcovers that is probably the coolest I've ever owned. 

In no way am I saying your feelings on it aren't valid, because I definitely get it as a consumer. But it was pretty interesting to hear him address a lot of people's "concerns" directly. 

13 minutes ago, semarlor said:

He did a good interview somewhat recently with No Laying Up...basically said he started selling the merchandise because people kept asking him about it, it was never intended to fund the golf course or imply any kind of membership (I'm paraphrasing of course, but I am pretty sure that's what he said.) Also the site they looked at in Utah wasn't going to produce the course he wanted because of the soil type, that's why he ended up in SC. He didn't want to keep the TBC name since it was a different course, which is how he ended up with the Tree Farm name. I've gotten a few t-shirts and hats that I love and I use one of the headcovers that is probably the coolest I've ever owned. 

In no way am I saying your feelings on it aren't valid, because I definitely get it as a consumer. But it was pretty interesting to hear him address a lot of people's "concerns" directly. 

I’ll have to listen.  For him to say he sold TBC gear cause everyone was asking him too seems disingenuous.  He’s repeatedly stated his intentions about TBC, heck the website had the course layout (haven’t been on for a while).  Think a lot of use TBC fans got behind a brand in hopes of seeing a course being built and somewhat having a small hand, a very small hand but still a hand.  When plans shifted behind closed doors and started to hear whispers about “tree farm”, turned a lot of people off.  That’s all I’m saying.  I’m just a no body and Zac again seems like a cool guy, but I’m not the only person that sold off all its TBC gear.   

• Like 2

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

16 minutes ago, KC13 said:

I’ll have to listen.  For him to say he sold TBC gear cause everyone was asking him too seems disingenuous.  He’s repeatedly stated his intentions about TBC, heck the website had the course layout (haven’t been on for a while).  Think a lot of use TBC fans got behind a brand in hopes of seeing a course being built and somewhat having a small hand, a very small hand but still a hand.  When plans shifted behind closed doors and started to hear whispers about “tree farm”, turned a lot of people off.  That’s all I’m saying.  I’m just a no body and Zac again seems like a cool guy, but I’m not the only person that sold off all its TBC gear.   

Completely understand. I just bought the stuff that I thought looked cool, lol. I was kinda late to the game so I really don't know how the whole thing started, there certainly seems to be less interest than there used to be. Releases used to sell out in seconds and now it's much easier to get which would certainly imply that fewer people are excited about the new stuff. I only have one cover, none of the other designs have appealed to me, but there is a hat that I wear just about every day. I do like having a "golf brand" that isn't instantly recognizable like a major OEM. 

Edit: No Laying Up Episode 564, by the way. From back in June, just to save some time if you did want to give it a listen. I might go back and listen again just to make sure I'm not misrepresenting his comments. 

Edited by semarlor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, semarlor said:

Completely understand. I just bought the stuff that I thought looked cool, lol. I was kinda late to the game so I really don't know how the whole thing started, there certainly seems to be less interest than there used to be. Releases used to sell out in seconds and now it's much easier to get which would certainly imply that fewer people are excited about the new stuff. I only have one cover, none of the other designs have appealed to me, but there is a hat that I wear just about every day. I do like having a "golf brand" that isn't instantly recognizable like a major OEM. 

All the trendy headcover companies kind of follow the same pattern. Start out cult-ish, build demand over time until it's hard to get, then they "peak" and popularity wanes. 

I've got a bunch of TBC stuff that I thought looked cool but I haven't bought anything from them in like 8 or 9 months now. I actually wanted to get that NASA cover and forgot this weekend, lol. 

I never thought/assumed that dropping a few bucks on headcovers was going to get me special access to his course. Although, no insider info here just speculation, I strongly suspect there will be avenues to get on once it is open. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Obsessed said:

did the tree farm get off the ground?

He has a ton of pictures of it on Instagram, I think it's pretty close to opening in some capacity. It looks awesome but there are questions if any of us regular guys will ever get a chance to play it (at least without a ton of $$$) 

14 minutes ago, ND2005 said:

All the trendy headcover companies kind of follow the same pattern. Start out cult-ish, build demand over time until it's hard to get, then they "peak" and popularity wanes. 

I've got a bunch of TBC stuff that I thought looked cool but I haven't bought anything from them in like 8 or 9 months now. I actually wanted to get that NASA cover and forgot this weekend, lol. 

I never thought/assumed that dropping a few bucks on headcovers was going to get me special access to his course. Although, no insider info here just speculation, I strongly suspect there will be avenues to get on once it is open. 

Same here, I know I am coming off like a TBC homer, but I'm really not lol. They make some cool stuff and I'll buy what I like but a lot of it doesn't appeal to me. 

3 hours ago, semarlor said:

Edit: No Laying Up Episode 564, by the way. From back in June, just to save some time if you did want to give it a listen. I might go back and listen again just to make sure I'm not misrepresenting his comments. 

Seems ZB cleared the air on the podcast and makes sense.  Think it was a hard pill to swallow and seeing the supporters leave, seems he needed to speak on the topic.  Would of been cool to see TBC come to life, still may be hope in the future it seems.  

- KC 

Titleist TSi3 (8°)

Mizuno ST-Z 230 (16.8°)

Ping iBlade (3i/19°)

Ping i59 (4i-Pw)

Odyssey Marxman XG (44")

Mizuno RB Max (Yellow)

4 hours ago, semarlor said:

He has a ton of pictures of it on Instagram, I think it's pretty close to opening in some capacity. It looks awesome but there are questions if any of us regular guys will ever get a chance to play it (at least without a ton of $$$) 

It is like any private club. A lot of these kind of clubs have been popping up. National memberships and what not, I don't think the Tree Farm is open to the public, but I have been told you can go and play with a member or even with the permission of a member. I have been a big fan of TBC and the whole vision, but I did find it a bit naive when he was talking about the club in Utah. As previously mentioned, the soil and honestly the cost of the land and logistics for being only open partially throughout the year probably killed it. 

I have met ZB and DS personally and have been invited to one of their Ringers. They are great guys, but with anything in this world, you need money to get anything off the ground. I believe the Tree Farm is only the beginning and they are trying to be make it like Sweetens or the Dormie Network IMO. 

• Like 2
  2. Titleist TSR2 15º w/ MCA Tensei Blue CK Pro Prototype 80TX (D1 setting) (43" (-4 weight) @ D4.1)
  14. WM Tiger replica w/ Fujikura MC X-firm putter shaft & Ping grip (E1 @ 34 3/8")

On 11/10/2022 at 6:21 AM, Bskib said:

I don't think he has ever given the impression that supporting TBC merchandise and swag was a way to grant access to his course. I think the vision changed a lot when he realized he needed a lot of $$$$$. Selling merchandise at the rate he releases through TBC is peanuts when trying to fund a multi-million dollar project. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asroma19 said:

It is like any private club. A lot of these kind of clubs have been popping up. National memberships and what not, I don't think the Tree Farm is open to the public, but I have been told you can go and play with a member or even with the permission of a member. I have been a big fan of TBC and the whole vision, but I did find it a bit naive when he was talking about the club in Utah. As previously mentioned, the soil and honestly the cost of the land and logistics for being only open partially throughout the year probably killed it. 

I have met ZB and DS personally and have been invited to one of their Ringers. They are great guys, but with anything in this world, you need money to get anything off the ground. I believe the Tree Farm is only the beginning and they are trying to be make it like Sweetens or the Dormie Network IMO. 

That's awesome to hear! I definitely am a fan of what he's doing. I'm in Charlotte so it isn't too far away from me. I have interacted with him a bit on Instagram (he's actually the reason I got the cover that I did.) He always comes across very genuine. I am bought in to the whole thing. You can just tell how much he appreciates architecture and I love to see a guy that's having fun with what he does.