Please help- these numbers don’t make sense…

beggestdee

Just by the numbers- is this a push hook/ flip? My face to path doesn’t make sense for the result. The best i can guess is I have double mishit? Fyi, this is the only club in my bag that gives me this reading. 
all others, the face to path makes sense to me.

71435688197__3406CA7D-240E-4A8A-AE81-96EEB5D1453A.jpeg

Edited by beggestdee

1 hour ago, Primo1868 said:

This outcome is a result of gear effect from striking it on the toe. Face angle of +6.3 and path of +1.8 give results of an open face relative to path - which would lead to a push fade if you did not strike it on the toe. 

... fargiveness 

2 hours ago, Scottbox said:

Uneekor! I have one. Love it.

It sure can help in a situation such as this. Just going to the driving range and seeing that ball flight,  I’d be delighted. But now knowing that my club face is wide open, and anything else besides a toe hit is going to cause a big push fade is it really good to know

Edited by beggestdee
  • Like 1

I can't see, but if the face is open to target but closed to path, you will get the gear effect from an in-to-out path. 

Mizuno ST180 9.5, Tensei CK Blue S 60g

Mizuno ST180 15 (16), Tensei CK Blue S 60g

Mizuno CLK 2020 3H 19, Tensei CK Blue S 70g

Snake Eyes TC-01 (4-P), S300 (130g)

Cleveland CBX2 52, DG 115

Callaway MD5 56 & 60, S200

Odyssey White Hot #2 (Steve Stricker's putter)

MCC in woods, Lamkin Crossline, Srixon Z Star

1 hour ago, Primo1868 said:

This outcome is a result of gear effect from striking it on the toe. Face angle of +6.3 and path of +1.8 give results of an open face relative to path - which would lead to a push fade if you did not strike it on the toe. 

1 hour ago, Patnachts said:

Gear effect most likely

These. The gear effects from the high toe strike overrode the fact that the face was slightly open to the path (1.8*) and produced the left axis tilt (measured as the 307rpm of "left" spin) that turned what would have been a bit of a push fade into a tight draw. You would get a pretty similar flight if you struck the ball dead center but that 1.8* was flipped from being open to the path to closed. 

• Like 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10  ST //  Callaway Apex UW 19* Aldila Rogue M*AX 85TX
Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour // Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Join the club OP.  One club.  😂. You have to learn a whole new set of rules.  I don’t understand why it is this way ?  Is it the size of the head that exaggerates it ? 

Edited by bladehunter

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

4 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Join the club OP.  One club.  😂. You have to learn a whole new set of rules.  I don’t understand why it is this way ?  Is it the size of the head that exaggerates it ? 

The fact that the CoG of the club is way back (compared to irons for example) 'allows' for that big of a gear effect

This one is mostly gear effect as others have stated, but another numbers "trick" you're going to want to pay attention to is your lie angle. Eventually you'll see a shot similar to this (everything pointing slightly right) and more squared up contact... but the ball STILL goes left.

You are 8 degrees toe up, and that points your face angle to the left. So if your face is only slightly open to the path, it can be countered by the lie angle. Not nearly to the extent gear effect does, but its something to look out for if you're thinking "Why didn't that fade!".

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Blue 7X

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7

1 hour ago, Varry_Hardon said:

The fact that the CoG of the club is way back (compared to irons for example) 'allows' for that big of a gear effect

Appreciate the info.  Can I ask what the possible benefits are to this ?  

my example is this.  I’m working on my driver swing now.  Deep dive work.  With a good eye helping me.  And the results have been good. But.  Here’s what I see. I’ve stabilized the face in the downswing …. And now I have a much more repeatable release.  And I’m getting the face square to path ( or a hair closed ) …but….. what I see now is very accurate yet no control over shape.  One ball will come out straight and have a fade tail. Then next one straight and have a draw tail.  Both balls may land 15 yards from each other. But I have no idea until after each swing which way it will fall , or if it will just go dead straight. But with 3 wood I can guarantee you which shape I’ll hit.  Or I can just hit it straight if I want …. I want to have that control with driver. I realize it’s dumb to gripe about a round with no missed fairways. , but it feels like luck.  And I don’t like that.  

And what I’m finding is it just depends on what fraction of center you hit. Unless you vary path wildly.   

Edited by bladehunter

Cobra LTD X 9* Hzrdus RDX blue 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

Ping i530 4-Uw AWT 2.0 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

59 minutes ago, Celeras said:

This one is mostly gear effect as others have stated, but another numbers "trick" you're going to want to pay attention to is your lie angle. Eventually you'll see a shot similar to this (everything pointing slightly right) and more squared up contact... but the ball STILL goes left.

You are 8 degrees toe up, and that points your face angle to the left. So if your face is only slightly open to the path, it can be countered by the lie angle. Not nearly to the extent gear effect does, but its something to look out for if you're thinking "Why didn't that fade!".

That's a great point, because while lie angle is normally a very minor player with low lofted clubs, that amount of "error" from a delivery standpoint is notable. If we go off the Tutleman Lie Angle Design charts, being tilted 8* upright like this would result in a face angle "error" of around 1.4*, which is very close to canceling that 1.8* open to path, further explaining the draw. I'd be very curious to see the swing here because the opposite is more the norm due to natural handle raise + shaft droop; delivering the club flatter than address:

CollinLieAngle.gif.294eb92de696704f1b1a028b244b8d88.gif

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Qi10 15* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x
Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10  ST //  Callaway Apex UW 19* Aldila Rogue M*AX 85TX
Bridgestone J15 CB 4i Raw Nippon GOST Tour // Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Tour 
Bridgestone 
J15 CB 5i-6i 26*- 30* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 6.8-7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 7i-PW 34*- 46* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM9 50* Raw F-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 59* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot // Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

37 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

Appreciate the info.  Can I ask what the possible benefits are to this ?  

my example is this.  I’m working on my driver swing now.  Deep dive work.  With a good eye helping me.  And the results have been good. But.  Here’s what I see. I’ve stabilized the face in the downswing …. And now I have a much more repeatable release.  And I’m getting the face square to path ( or a hair closed ) …but….. what I see now is very accurate yet no control over shape.  One ball will come out straight and have a fade tail. Then next one straight and have a draw tail.  Both balls may land 15 yards from each other. But I have no idea until after each swing which way it will fall , or if it will just go dead straight. But with 3 wood I can guarantee you which shape I’ll hit.  Or I can just hit it straight if I want …. I want to have that control with driver. I realize it’s dumb to gripe about a round with no missed fairways. , but it feels like luck.  And I don’t like that.  

And what I’m finding is it just depends on what fraction of center you hit. Unless you vary path wildly.   

General benefits of gear effect; created by the drivers bulge and the deep CoG are especially what you find ‘annoying’ in your example above. It’s created to help people that don’t hit it ‘in line’ with the driver‘s CoG to impart spin that will ‘bring it back’ towards the intended target ; fade spin on heel shots and draw spin on toe shots. And unless you’re able to try and intentionally do that (even pros don’t) then you can only say ‘thank you’. Launch monitors and/or powder on the face to figure out if it was a face to path or gear effect issue.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, hammersia said:

As above, is that Uneekor? Very impressive if those numbers are accurate, didn't realise toe up was measurable by it, with no dots on face?

"Dots on the face" are trademarked by Foresight, so nobody else can use that method for their launch monitor. Consequently Uneekor has to use two rectangular strips.. a long one on the toe and a shorter one near the heel. You can see them on the impact camera in OP (bottom right video).

It is rumored that Foresight is working on club measurements that doesn't require fiducials as their "next thing". So we might have what you're asking for one day, but not yet.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 9* Ventus Blue 6X

Titleist TSR2 16.5* Ventus Blue 7X

Ping G400 3H

Mizuno Pro 225 4i-GW

Mizuno T22 54S/58C Blue Ion LE

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 7