2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

My Mini/Quick - QI10 driver review

LoopySwing13

On 1/18/2024 at 4:17 PM, LoopySwing13 said:

Was very fortunate to get to test out all the new TM drivers this week, and although it wasn’t a true “fit” since they didn’t have all the LMs up and running. But figured why not test them out and see if I found a good one to try the next few months…

Background, single digit hdcp and play PXG Gen 6 driver with Ventus blue 6S. Swing around 107 - average carry typically 260ish with my currently steep swing. I have struggled the last few weeks with driver so I was real excited to throw a (new) wrench into the mix. I was also a long time TM wood guy but they lost my interest a bit after sim1, so was very curious to try these out. Was able to try all 3 models (really focusing on LS and standard heads) with about 7-10 swings with each, and again, unfortunately couldn’t do a super in-depth with multiple shafts and lofts. The shaft I chose was a diamana TB 60S (I believe). All lofts were 10.5 opened a notch. 

Looks: All 3 models were improved in terms of looks in my opinion. The max was a bit large looking but not awful. The regular model looked great and the LS was incredible. It reminded me very much of the old 905S/T heads from titleist. 

Feel: The new face felt awesome. No other way to say it. Felt soft but solid and not “plastic” like the stealth. Totally just my opinion but major upgrade.

Performance: 

Regular - Very much in line with what I would expect in terms of performance and forgiveness. Little more insight to strike and definitely better launch / spin. Workable but also long. Higher flight but still low ish spin compared to the LS. Again, more so eye test only, but I liked it. 

LS - Absolutely beautiful shape, smaller profile, and makes you feel like want to hit it perfect. When you center it, it feels incredible. Maybe that’s the new face in general, but it just felt solid and powerful. Definitely noticed a lower launch and spin compared to the regular mod. This one may be one where folks “may” over estimate their ability to keep it in the air, so fitting will be important. But it was a blast to hit. Off center hits were less forgiving as you would imagine. In those swings I do think it’s playable for better ball strikers, but something to note. It seems like all the reviews have noted all brands of “LS” models this year have been less forgiving. 

Eye test, I think they were very comparable to what I play. I ultimately landed in LS with that diamana shaft, although I may see if I can swap it for the regular head at some point if the LS is unforgiving on the course. The 600$+ price tag is getting a bit steep for all golfers, but I can definitely see this one winning back some players who didn’t like the stealth line. It also is now the norm we are used to.. 😂  Would have loved to get the LS and Reg models head to head and dial it in a bit more, but I don’t think either would be bad for me. Enjoyed the diamana shaft to put up against my Ventus blue and my black I have coming in. 

TM could have a winner this year amongst some other great options. Look forward to getting some on course testing in the next few weeks and report back. 

Will be a fun year to see what brands get new users for their woods! 

For a moment, I thought TM released a new mini driver 😉 Thanks for the 'mini" review!

• Haha 1

13.5 BRNR | 19* G430 3H | 22* G430 4H
NL 480-TC 5-PW | MG4 TW 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5
| Pro V1

On 1/19/2024 at 10:01 AM, jjl said:

Thanks for your writeup. Care to share your impressions on the Max? 

I hit a few swings and it was very forgiving. I personally didn’t feel as much difference between standard and max, although the max was a bit higher launch/spin and more left biased. I’m currently working on shallowing out and swinging out towards “ 1 o’clock “ so this model didn’t do me any favors. 

• LoopySwing13 changed the title to My Mini/Quick - QI10 driver review

I remember when the Ping TiSi and Titleist 983K were available brand new at the $299 price point (IIRC). That seemed like a big premium but most buyers decided it was worth the dough. 

It's only taken a season or two for the big companies to move us from $499 to $599 to $649 in some cases. 

Will we reach a point where a new driver is $999 at retail? Sure. Probably sooner than we'd like to think. 

Paradym TD 10.5/Tensei Blue 65R

TM BRNR Mini 13.5

Callaway Rogue Max D 3 wood

Paradym 4 hybrid

Srixon ZX5 / ZX7 on MMT 125S

Srixon Z785 AW

Cleveland RTX6 54/58

Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft 11S

Collings OM1-ESS

5 minutes ago, me05501 said:

I remember when the Ping TiSi and Titleist 983K were available brand new at the $299 price point (IIRC). That seemed like a big premium but most buyers decided it was worth the dough. 

It's only taken a season or two for the big companies to move us from $499 to $599 to $649 in some cases. 

Will we reach a point where a new driver is $999 at retail? Sure. Probably sooner than we'd like to think. 

image.png.da7cae0ab8cc01e3e2189ca8a7a0c53c.png

Edited by JungleJimbo
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/18/2024 at 6:17 PM, LoopySwing13 said:

Was very fortunate to get to test out all the new TM drivers this week, and although it wasn’t a true “fit” since they didn’t have all the LMs up and running. But figured why not test them out and see if I found a good one to try the next few months…

Background, single digit hdcp and play PXG Gen 6 driver with Ventus blue 6S. Swing around 107 - average carry typically 260ish with my currently steep swing. I have struggled the last few weeks with driver so I was real excited to throw a (new) wrench into the mix. I was also a long time TM wood guy but they lost my interest a bit after sim1, so was very curious to try these out. Was able to try all 3 models (really focusing on LS and standard heads) with about 7-10 swings with each, and again, unfortunately couldn’t do a super in-depth with multiple shafts and lofts. The shaft I chose was a diamana TB 60S (I believe). All lofts were 10.5 opened a notch. 

Looks: All 3 models were improved in terms of looks in my opinion. The max was a bit large looking but not awful. The regular model looked great and the LS was incredible. It reminded me very much of the old 905S/T heads from titleist. 

Feel: The new face felt awesome. No other way to say it. Felt soft but solid and not “plastic” like the stealth. Totally just my opinion but major upgrade.

Performance: 

Regular - Very much in line with what I would expect in terms of performance and forgiveness. Little more insight to strike and definitely better launch / spin. Workable but also long. Higher flight but still low ish spin compared to the LS. Again, more so eye test only, but I liked it. 

LS - Absolutely beautiful shape, smaller profile, and makes you feel like want to hit it perfect. When you center it, it feels incredible. Maybe that’s the new face in general, but it just felt solid and powerful. Definitely noticed a lower launch and spin compared to the regular mod. This one may be one where folks “may” over estimate their ability to keep it in the air, so fitting will be important. But it was a blast to hit. Off center hits were less forgiving as you would imagine. In those swings I do think it’s playable for better ball strikers, but something to note. It seems like all the reviews have noted all brands of “LS” models this year have been less forgiving. 

Eye test, I think they were very comparable to what I play. I ultimately landed in LS with that diamana shaft, although I may see if I can swap it for the regular head at some point if the LS is unforgiving on the course. The 600$+ price tag is getting a bit steep for all golfers, but I can definitely see this one winning back some players who didn’t like the stealth line. It also is now the norm we are used to.. 😂  Would have loved to get the LS and Reg models head to head and dial it in a bit more, but I don’t think either would be bad for me. Enjoyed the diamana shaft to put up against my Ventus blue and my black I have coming in. 

TM could have a winner this year amongst some other great options. Look forward to getting some on course testing in the next few weeks and report back. 

Will be a fun year to see what brands get new users for their woods! 

Hey just looking for an update here?  Are you still in LS or did you switch to regular model?  Contemplating going with LS but fear I might have some launch trouble.

TM Stealth 9 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Stealth plus 3 wood 15 degrees, Ventus Blue TR 6x

TM Sim2 TI 5 wood, 18 degrees 

Callaway UW '21, 21 degrees

TM P7MC 2023, 4-pw, fujikura axiom 125x

Srixon RTX 6 - 52,56,60 

Odyssey White Hot OG 1 Wide, KBS graphite putter shaft