2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

NIKE Pro Forged Tour Combo

CaledoniaKid

please help or point me in right direction
I tried searching for this info on this site w/o luck. I am trying to figure out if a set on eBay is the tour model or not.. Can anyone tell me the history of these. I was away from the game when these came out and my understanding is there are some differences in versions?? I am looking for reduced offset throughout the set, so I know the OS version is not for me. Is there a difference in the Pro Forged and the Pro Forged Tour's? Or is the same thing in different year badgings? I hit a 6 iron out of a demo cart at GG last night, but no sets available. I don't know which version it was. I appreciate any and all help. I will answer further questions if it can help you help me. thanks again

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I will see if I can help you here. The original irons that came out were the pro combos. They came stock with speed step shafts which are about 2/3 the weight of a DGS. They have the medallions in the back of the heads. A couple of years ago they changed them to the pro combo tours. These came stock with Dynamic Gold S300's. They have no medallions and a brush finish on the back. This was more than likely what you hit at GG. When they came out with the Pro Combo tours they also released the Pro Combo OS which is a full cavity throughout the set. Last year they came out with the CCi forged iron. Hope this helps.

The above poster is correct. You can find brand new sets at a few Sports Authority stores for $299. They are also pretty cheap on ebay. Love mine. I've had the originals with Rifle 6.0, since their introduction. Good luck!

Callaway Epic Speed 9.0* Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Epic 15* Hazurdus 65
Callaway Epic 18* Hazurdus 65
Takomo 101t 4-pw Steelfiber fc90cw 
Bridgestone J15 56* Project x PXI 5.0
Scotty Cameron Squareback 34"

have got the original pro combo myself..dont think the offset is much different in the OS model..it looks very similar to me..just a bigger cavity back..

Cobra Radspeed XD 10.5
Callaway rogue 3 wood
Callaway rogue 5 wood
Callaway Hawkeye 7 wood.
Taylormade M6 irons 5 to pw,aw, sw, 2 degrees upright +half an inch longer
Callaway  mack daddy cb 60 wedge
Titleist trufeel/Callaway supersoft balls
Odyssey 7s black

The original Pro Combos had a Nike speed step stock shaft with an upgrade option to a Rifle shaft. The also had the medallions in the cavity, and had "Pro Combo and Forged" stamped in the hosel in black paint fill.

Pro Combo Tours had Dynamic Gold S300 stock shaft with an upgrade option to a Rifle shaft. They have no medallions in the cavity and they are stamped "Tour" on the hosel in black paint fill. The PC Tours also have a more reduced offset than the original PCs and have a little less bounce. Other than that there was no design change in the head.

The PCs Tours were introduced in 2005 and along with the original PCs and the PC OS they are no longer made. As far as forged irons Nike has discontinued them and introduced the forged CCIs last year. The forged CCIs are not a blended/combo set. IMO they are more of a blade type iron with minimal cavity. The only other forging that Nike offers is the original forged blades. You can still order the forged blades and I think the CCIs, but I have heard that Nike is discontinuing the CCIs this year. The rumor is that Nike is going to release a couple of new forged irons this fall, one being a newer version of the forged blade, and the other being some sort of cavity back or combo set. Nike forged iron sales have been low over the last couple of years because the lack of new offerings and the forged CCIs were not that great of a success for them. They are not bad clubs by no means they just did not get the play from the tour as did the PCs and the retail following was not as good either. Nike has put their iron emphasis in their GI line and has moved away from a players type club, even so in their woods. With the introduction of the first SQ sumo drivers they did away with the tour style head like the SQ Tour(IMO the best driver Nike has made) and the Ignite. Everything with Nike is high MOI, high launch, low spin, and straight hitting. If you wanted to bag all Nike equipment from a players standpoint to work the ball and control distance and trajectory then you will have to go to their older model offerings. Nike is marketing to masses in the higher handicap bracket and gone away from the lower handicap player. A large percentage of the Nike staffers are playing older model irons and drivers and some irons, spit cavities and full cavity miura offerings, that were never released to the public. I have been watching the Nike staffers bags, and I think that Cink is the only one bagging the CCIs. Tiger has not changed his irons one time and he has had the SQ tour since it was released even though there has been four new offerings from Nike. Fact is the higher the MOI the harder it is to work the ball and control trajectory and distance. I have been a devote Titleist ho for many years and I really liked the Nike equipment the first couple of years it came out, but now I won't even consider their new offerings. Give me traditional shaped drivers and forged irons any day! Remember most OEMs are going to design and market their new equipment to the golfing masses which is a 15+ handicap. These are the persons looking for that certain club or driver that is going to turn their game around. Remember it's not the bow and arrow, it's the indian.

Sorry about the Nike rant, but I just wanted to let you know in a nutshell that their previous offerings were better from a players club standpoint.

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

Those Titelist guys always have to beat up on the Nike stuff! But, he's right! Darn it! Hopefully with all the feed back, Nike's new line of irons will have a players club similar to the Pro Combo's success!

Those Titelist guys always have to beat up on the Nike stuff! But, he's right! Darn it! Hopefully with all the feed back, Nike's new line of irons will have a players club similar to the Pro Combo's success!

I see that you still rely on the Titleist putter though! I also hope Nike comes out with some great forgings this year. I would have no problem switching to Nike if they made the forged blade even better, or released those spit cavities to the public!! Get rid of the busy designs and make a simple and classic looking forged iron with clean lines, in other words "Go old school on that a**!" Nike would triple their irons sales if they would just release the miura forged split cavity backs and the full cavity backs. They would be pricey with miura doing the forging, but people would shell out the bucks like lab rats grabbing a pellet of food!!

Titleist 910D3 9.5 w/Diamana D+ 72s
Titleist 910F 15 w/stock Kai'li 75s
Titleist 910H 19 w/stock Kai'li 80s
Titleist AP2 712 3-W DGS300
Vokey SM4 52-08 & 56-11
Bettinardi BC6 34" 343g

I see that you still rely on the Titleist putter though! I also hope Nike comes out with some great forgings this year. I would have no problem switching to Nike if they made the forged blade even better, or released those spit cavities to the public!! Get rid of the busy designs and make a simple and classic looking forged iron with clean lines, in other words "Go old school on that a**!" Nike would triple their irons sales if they would just release the miura forged split cavity backs and the full cavity backs. They would be pricey with miura doing the forging, but people would shell out the bucks like lab rats grabbing a pellet of food!!

I agree completely. I've been trying for years to find out if any of the Miura Nike split of full cavities were ever made left handed and have never had any luck. I would pay top dollar for a set!!!

I would drop the cash for some of the Miura forged Nike's, but I don't think Nike would try that high end market yet? We can only wait! Thinking of going back to a SQ tour. Not really "Lovin" my Sumo. Nike, just make us some split backs!

agree on the pro combos. i was so disappointed with the CCI that i picked up a brand new set of pro combo tours that i haven't even hit yet just so i had a new set of irons when my current pro combos are shot.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Wait till the end of summer early fall for 3 new sets of Nike irons.One of the sets is going to be a split cavity forged iron. The Nike rep told me last week at a demo day here in Michigan.The other two sets are going to be a blade type players irons and the other a game improvement. The line will be called the " SR line" which stands for Sunday Red for you know who.