2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Wilson Golf Product Testing and Fitting Experience @ Pinehurst | Following Along Here

26 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

Awesome Shilgy!  What’s the rundown on the 3w?  Alternative tee ball and  baller play off the deck?

I use it from the tee but off the deck.  Buddies ask why I ever use driver because I am so much better with this setup.  I have been using a Titleist TS3 13.5° with the same shaft so hopefully it’s just a direct replacement.  I sweep my fairways and hybrids with a touch of down.  Makes them incredibly efficient in my game. (wish I could say the same about a few other bits).

• Like 1

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

21 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Christmas in June? A little box was delivered today!

Contents you ask?  13.5° strong 3 wood and irons with Nippon Pro Modus 115S.  4-5-6 in Dynapower Forged and 7-8-9-PW in the Staff CB.  And a little bonus of three Wilson Conform gloves.  They feel a bit thicker than what I’m used to but the fit is perfecto.  Which is hard for a short fingered guy wearing a medium cadet glove to find.  Just waiting now for the 19° hybrid and bag will be complete.

I’ll post more in the coming week about how everything plays.

image.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

Nice.

I had a certain Wilson leaker on here order me the previous gen driving iron in lefty; which they weren't retail, so that's why my set excludes the DPF 4i. I can't imagine it looks too much different looking down at the ball though since they're almost exactly the same loft.

• Like 2

Titleist TSR2 [email protected]* - Ventus TR Red 6X

Titleist TS3 4W 16.5* - T1100 Evenflow White 6.5

W/S UT 20* - HZRDUS Black RDX 6.0

W/S Dynapwr Forged 5&6i - PX Rifle 6.0

W/S '24 CB 7-PW - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM9 50@49* - PX Rifle 6.0

Vokey SM8 54/58 - PX Rifle 6.0

SINK 1992 Custom

Duplicate.

Edited by BraxtonFullerton
Duplicate.

SINK 1992 Custom

Duplicate X2.

Edited by BraxtonFullerton
Duplicate X2.

SINK 1992 Custom

21 hours ago, Shilgy said:

I use it from the tee but off the deck.  Buddies ask why I ever use driver because I am so much better with this setup.  I have been using a Titleist TS3 13.5° with the same shaft so hopefully it’s just a direct replacement.  I sweep my fairways and hybrids with a touch of down.  Makes them incredibly efficient in my game. (wish I could say the same about a few other bits).

Whoa... they sent you a 13.5?  I don't see that on their web site.  Is that a tour only offering or soon to be released?  How does it sit?  When I've looked at the Dynapower 3 woods in the store, they always look like they sit closed to me, which is one reason I've not considered them.  Lack of adjustability or a loft lower than 15 is another reason.

Also, if you decide to move on from the TS3, let me know.  🙂

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4, 8*, Motore X F1 7S
Titleist TS3, 14.25*, Speeder VC 8.2 Tour Spec X
Titleist 818 H2 17*, Speeder VC 8.8 HB Tour Spec S
Mizuno MP H5, 3 iron, C Taper Lite X
Mizuno MP H5 (4&5), MP 5 (6-PW), DG X100 SSx1
Cleveland RTX6 54/10 & 58/10 Raw, DG X7
Mizuno OMOI 2 Blue Ion
Ball - Titleist Pro V1X left dash

On 6/22/2024 at 5:51 PM, Shilgy said:

Contents you ask?  13.5° strong 3 wood and irons with Nippon Pro Modus 115S.  4-5-6 in Dynapower Forged and 7-8-9-PW in the Staff CB.  And a little bonus of three Wilson Conform gloves.  They feel a bit thicker than what I’m used to but the fit is perfecto.  Which is hard for a short fingered guy wearing a medium cadet glove to find.  Just waiting now for the 19° hybrid and bag will be complete.

image.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

Awesome set up!  I’m currently bagging the previous gen cb/d9f combo and it’s been incredible.  Over the past 2 seasons I’ve really become a Wilson fan as I’ve gone through multiple set ups with the staff cb’s and finally found a combo I love.  Also I was one of the lucky few to win the ZM wedges here and they have been impressive.

Really curious to hear some feedback on the 3 wood.  I tested it once but had the wrong shaft for me.  It reminded me a lot of ping fairways on the feel and sound at impact.  Could have been because of being indoors, not sure.  

If you can, would love the see the 3w at address.

Thanks for sharing!

Searching…

Taylormade   Tour Issue Stealth  3 HL Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5

Taylormade   Stealth+ 5w   Diamana OG Kai’Li 70x 

Srixon   ZxU mkii 4i   Modus Ghost Stiff 

Wilson   Staff CB 7-P / D9 Forged 5-6  Modus 120x

Vokey   Sm8 50, Sm10 54s bent to 55, Sm10 60s all custom ground 

Bettinardi  Custom BB46

Srixon Z Star 💎  OR   Bridgestone Tour B X 

39 minutes ago, wam78 said:

Awesome set up!  I’m currently bagging the previous gen cb/d9f combo and it’s been incredible.  Over the past 2 seasons I’ve really become a Wilson fan as I’ve gone through multiple set ups with the staff cb’s and finally found a combo I love.  Also I was one of the lucky few to win the ZM wedges here and they have been impressive.

Really curious to hear some feedback on the 3 wood.  I tested it once but had the wrong shaft for me.  It reminded me a lot of ping fairways on the feel and sound at impact.  Could have been because of being indoors, not sure.  

Thanks for sharing!

Don’t have it here at home but will get a pic tomorrow.👍

• Thanks 1

On 6/22/2024 at 6:51 PM, Shilgy said:

image.jpeg

IMG_0991.jpeg

IMG_0990.jpeg

IMG_0989.jpeg

Wow - this whole set looks incredible!  Can't wait to see how the strong 3W performs!

• Like 1

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged Black 5-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw Plasma 50, 54 & 58

Putter:  Scotty Phantom X 7

1 hour ago, Orchardist said:

Thanks for sharing - "The top 3 are now the top 4 (w/ Wilson)"!

Driver: Callaway AI Smoke 10.5* with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 60 Stiff

Fairways:  Callaway Paradym 3W & 7W with Hzrdus Smoke Blue RDX 70 Stiff

Irons:  Cobra Forged Black 5-PW with KBS Tour Stiff

Wedges:  Callaway Jaws Raw Plasma 50, 54 & 58

Putter:  Scotty Phantom X 7

On 6/24/2024 at 6:07 AM, wam78 said:

Thanks for sharing!

Don’t have it here at home but will get a pic tomorrow.👍

And of course I forgot to take the pics so will try to do so tomorrow.

I hate it when that happens…had a long response written and human errored it away….grrr.🤯

First round with the new irons today.  Recap to follow….

First…if you’re thinking of visiting Phoenix this is likely not the time.  Today it was a bit cooler north of the valley where I live, “just” 105, but unlike most of the time the old saying about a dry heat was nonexistent.  We had 70° dew point when we teed off and 66° at the end of the round.

First I will let y’all know…which special note to @BraxtonFullerton who had asked….how my combo set was blended. Ed…the head fitter at Wilson and I had discussed it quite a bit but I still wasn’t sure how we would handle it.  The fix decided on was to strengthen the CB’s a couple degrees and weaker the Dynapower a bit. Makes for a set with the same lofts as the Titleist T150 I had been playing…44° PW with 4° gap increments throughout the set.

First swings warming up on the range and I could feel the difference, in a good way, between a properly built set and more mass produced.  The balance of this set is fantastic.  I’ve always been partial to heavier shafts and heads but the T150 always felt too head heavy to me.  The balance on this Wilson set is perfect.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread I’m in the older crowd here on wrx so certainly will not wow…or even bore you…with numbers.  Suffice it to say both the CB’s and Dynapower irons were quite good today.  Hit it solid and you will get the same result every time….miss it a bit and you’ll still get a very playable result.  

A couple of you have asked about the strong 3…aka 3+…aka 13.5° three wood. It performed, in a word, awesomely.  I was playing the Titleist TS3 in the same loft. It’s a bit beat up but the TSi and TSR versions were unable to match the performance.  Today the Wilson delivered.  And a good thing because the Wilson fairways are bonded…no adapter.🙂

Long story short for the first round out… started -3 for the first five holes and faded a bit to +2 for the day.

Let me know what else y’all would like to hear.👍

Edited by Shilgy
  • Like 3

Do the  reviews and comments from folks on this thread and social media reviewers move you want you to try other Wilson balls, putters wedges, woods. 

Edited by Steve o
forgot to add an item

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60
Wilson Staff Bucktown Putter

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

On 6/23/2024 at 2:47 PM, grochol17 said:

Whoa... they sent you a 13.5?  I don't see that on their web site.  Is that a tour only offering or soon to be released?  How does it sit?  When I've looked at the Dynapower 3 woods in the store, they always look like they sit closed to me, which is one reason I've not considered them.  Lack of adjustability or a loft lower than 15 is another reason.

Also, if you decide to move on from the TS3, let me know.  🙂

Square to open

IMG_0993.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Steve o said:

Do the  reviews and comments from folks on this thread and social media reviewers move you want you to try other Wilson balls, putters wedges, woods. 

Absolutely. I was never a fan of the the looks of the C300s but have heard they perform. Which makes me want to try them. The bonus is because they have the adjustable neck and would like to dial in the look of the club at address. I will say that I have no problems with my Dynapower woods but I do wonder if I'd like the older option more. Have heard the C300s are extremely easy to get in the air and the hybrids were some of the best Wilson ever made.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, golfnerd91 said:

Absolutely. I was never a fan of the the looks of the C300s but have heard they perform. Which makes me want to try them. The bonus is because they have the adjustable neck and would like to dial in the look of the club at address. I will say that I have no problems with my Dynapower woods but I do wonder if I'd like the older option more. Have heard the C300s are extremely easy to get in the air and the hybrids were some of the best Wilson ever made.

I had one of the Driver V Driver clubs. It was so long but sooooo loud but I loved it. My guess is that in early 2025 Wilson will finish the job with new DP woods. 

• Like 1

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

1 hour ago, Steve o said:

I had one of the Driver V Driver clubs. It was so long but sooooo loud but I loved it. My guess is that in early 2025 Wilson will finish the job with new DP woods. 

Based on the way the team was talking up the 2025 line, this should be accurate. They all stated the second they hit the conforming list they’ll switch to them, and you could tell it was genuine excitement. 

• Like 2

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

17 minutes ago, TM golf guy said:

Based on the way the team was talking up the 2025 line, this should be accurate. They all stated the second they hit the conforming list they’ll switch to them, and you could tell it was genuine excitement. 

Look forward to that.  I haven’t hit a Wilson driver since the Big Red around 2002.

I dunno… Shilgy’s 13.5 might be a bar setter…+2 first time out sounds pretty baller…

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

Look forward to that.  I haven’t hit a Wilson driver since the Big Red around 2002.

I dunno… Shilgy’s 13.5 might be a bar setter…+2 first time out sounds pretty baller…

Collapsed to a +3 today though.😎

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Orchardist said:

Padraig Harrington with still amazing speed will be lighting up his Wilsons at the Senior Open starting this morning.

Hope to catch a little of him piping a couple.

I wish he'd put the DP driver in the bag.  Lord knows he could hit it  300 yds with a hockey stick. He, of all the Wilson guys could give the driver credibility. Plus its on sale which older players on a budget like.

Edited by Steve o
bad grammar
  • Like 2

Cobra Speed Zone
Tour Exotics 722 3W
TaylorMade Hybrid 22*

Cobra Speedzone 7-GW 

Cobra Snake bite 56 & 60

Wilson Staff Triad

NEW Wilson STAFF Ball

Stitch LS Bag

1 hour ago, Steve o said:

I wish he'd put the DP driver in the bag.  Lord knows he could hit it  300 yds with a hockey stick. He, of all the Wilson guys could give the driver credibility. Plus its on sale which older players on a budget like.

Maybe he'll be gaming Shilgy's 13.5wtf...Of course as an older player I really enjoy his recent quote:

“We're seeing an influx in the game now of swingers, real good hitters of the golf ball, great ball strikers; whereas when I started playing, it was players. Not necessarily -- there would be some good swingers of the golf club, but necessarily. They were players who knew how to get it done. They're getting squeezed out at the moment by the good ball strikers. Obviously the next generation will be a combination of the two, like Tiger was. He was a player and a great swinger of the golf club. So the next generation had better learn quickly how to play the game because everybody will know how to hit the ball.” Padraig

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steve o said:

IMG_1795.JPG.fd35765a4a85630b07d231024ec03c4c.JPG

Old?  I still have the last Wilson Big Block driver I purchased NIB.  Already playing the Pittsburgh Persimmon at the time and these remain unhit.  Maybe 2025 will be the time for a new Wilson driver.

• Like 3

I had intended to get out on the golf course this weekend after coming back from vacation, but unfortunately I got sick right when I got back. I don't think I'll be able to get out there till next weekend at the soonest, but I'll at least get a few more range sessions in to get geared up for it.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5