Funny Story

Hit at plus retaliation
Me and my two compadres were playing a couple of weeks a go and these two high school senior hot shots were playing right behind us the whole day. It's not like we play slow either we finished nine holes in 2 hours that day and we are not bad either turned in two forty-twos and a forty five. We were putting on the 17th and one of them rips his second shot into the greenside bunker that I was in. I was pissed off I took my sand wedge dug a nice deep hole and stuck it in (2 inches down) and covered the ball so you could just barely see part of it. We then pored water on it.

We Chilled at the green to wait for them when they got there even before seeing their ball they were telling us that it was our fault that because we we're playing slow (which we weren't) that they had to send a message to us to hurry up.

They show up at the next green and the guy who almost hit me is bright red in the face he asked me why that had happened to his ball I said "Ya hit into my divot and it is my obligation to rake after I play from the bunker" we sat at the tee box and exchanged insults for a while and then me and my Compadres decided to piss them off we decided to take our sweet time I took four minutes to address the ball fidgeting around as much as I could then I rip one down the center of the fairway 250-270 I ask my friend if he saw where that went an he said 'No I didn't better play a provisional ball" did the same thing with the setup and swing then for kicks did it again, my other friend was quicker he just setup and fired, but my final friend Mike was the real a hole out of all of us he starts by facing the complete opposite direction(we play the blue tees and they were waiting on the blacks)scarring the bejesus out of them. I then point him in the right direction then he decides he's taking to much club and pulls out his putter. He proceeds to take five practice swings before getting the driver again which he grips by the head take six practice swings before I set him straight. Finally he takes a real swing which he shanks ob so he walks back and asks the guys for a lesson which they refuse to give him. then right before he says" Do you guys want to play through we might be a while" he hits his next drive in the fairway. The whole time Mike was up there messing with these guys me and Jake the other guy were just laid out laughing. :cheesy:

That last comment Mike made set them both off. :) To the point where they where speechless it's at these points when sometimes the English language lacks the words needed to communicate the amount of anger that you are currently feeling to ward a certain person. Then I calmly and somehow respectfully repeated to them the fact that if they want to play through they just had to ask. ;)

The guy who almost hit me got a job in the pro shop the next week.Boy did we look surprised when we walk into pay for our round next week. :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny yes....

but I wonder if there was any reason you didn't let the twosome behind through?

Was the course all jammed up in front of you?

If not, I'd assume they had been waiting for you quite a bit all round....yet you didn't let them through because?

I've been in a group of 2 playing from the tips behind a group of 3 of all single digit golfers playing from the blues...and even through they are not playing "slow" we are waiting A LOT. Sure they are under "time par" but we are waiting on everyshot (by the way where I play, 2 hours as a 3-some [walking even] and clear course is slow).

So if there is room ahead, I don't see the big deal of letting them through....it's a win/win.

They are no longer bumping you....and you are no longer holding them up.

Everybody is happy.

I never understood the "territorial" mentality of "letting a group play through".

It's like a person's manhood has been challanged because a faster group wants to play through....and letting them through is an admission that one is less of a man....seems weird to me.

Note: If the course was all jammed up and the twosome had nowhere to go...disregard the above.

:)

Edit: Missed the part about you guys waiting at the green for the twosome....AND then putting on the show. Sorta childish don't you think? Perhaps waiting at the green, saying something to them about hitting into you guys....then letting them go through would be ok. But to wait and THEN carry on like you guys did......yikes.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
Taylormade SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Messing with the ball he hit into your green side bunker is fine, the player deserved it.

However you were wrong to wait around at that green and you were jerks to intentionally play slow on the subsequent hole.

Me and my two compadres were playing a couple of weeks a go and these two high school senior hot shots were playing right behind us the whole day. It's not like we play slow either we finished nine holes in 2 hours that day and we are not bad either turned in two forty-twos and a forty five. We were putting on the 17th and one of them rips his second shot into the greenside bunker that I was in. I was pissed off I took my sand wedge dug a nice deep hole and stuck it in (2 inches down) and covered the ball so you could just barely see part of it. We then pored water on it.

We Chilled at the green to wait for them when they got there even before seeing their ball they were telling us that it was our fault that because we we're playing slow (which we weren't) that they had to send a message to us to hurry up.

They show up at the next green and the guy who almost hit me is bright red in the face he asked me why that had happened to his ball I said "Ya hit into my divot and it is my obligation to rake after I play from the bunker" we sat at the tee box and exchanged insults for a while and then me and my Compadres decided to piss them off we decided to take our sweet time I took four minutes to address the ball fidgeting around as much as I could then I rip one down the center of the fairway 250-270 I ask my friend if he saw where that went an he said 'No I didn't better play a provisional ball" did the same thing with the setup and swing then for kicks did it again, my other friend was quicker he just setup and fired, but my final friend Mike was the real a hole out of all of us he starts by facing the complete opposite direction(we play the blue tees and they were waiting on the blacks)scarring the bejesus out of them. I then point him in the right direction then he decides he's taking to much club and pulls out his putter. He proceeds to take five practice swings before getting the driver again which he grips by the head take six practice swings before I set him straight. Finally he takes a real swing which he shanks ob so he walks back and asks the guys for a lesson which they refuse to give him. then right before he says" Do you guys want to play through we might be a while" he hits his next drive in the fairway. The whole time Mike was up there messing with these guys me and Jake the other guy were just laid out laughing. :cheesy:

That last comment Mike made set them both off. :) To the point where they where speechless it's at these points when sometimes the English language lacks the words needed to communicate the amount of anger that you are currently feeling to ward a certain person. Then I calmly and somehow respectfully repeated to them the fact that if they want to play through they just had to ask. ;)

The guy who almost hit me got a job in the pro shop the next week.Boy did we look surprised when we walk into pay for our round next week. :)

You guys are idiots, its people like you who give golfers a bad name.

Granted they shouldn't have hit up on you, and a apology would have been fine, but to carry on like a 5 year old isn't cool.

This is why it takes 5 plus hours to play 18 holes!

I don't even understand why your even here bragging about you being a idiot. I'm sure you will enjoy playing at the course now that your best friend has all the power!

If someone hits into me I'll just hit it right back at them, You hit into me, I'll hit into you. Plus I'm never a slow player or rarely in slow groups so if someone is getting held up behind me then it's the group in front of me slowing me down. If I do happen to be playing with a slow group then I'll be the first to tell someone to play through if they are waiting and there is an opening ahead.

I agree with the other posters, messing with their ball was fine but acting like a jackass and carrying on wasn't. You can make a point but leave it at that.

Who were the adults in this nightmare of a debacle?

You wonder why there are people leaving the game.... :man_in_love:

Some (2) high school kids hit into you and you and your (3) "compadres" turn into tough guys.....classic....bet you guys waited after the round to see if they wanted to go???

When I read idiotic ramblings of this sort it reaffirms my decision to resign from the industry that I defended, supported, and worked towards for 15 years of my life.

Just because someone hits into you on the 17th hole does not give you and your "tough guy" friends (picking on high schoolers) the hall pass to be tools and act like pseudo tough guys. I bet that if the twosome behind you were normal sized, aged individuals, or 3 or 4 deep you would have done none of what you had to tell everyone here......IMO.

Total weak sauce.

DG

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

according to the OP's profile, he's 15 years old and he and his "compadres" were probably just trying to push some older senior HSers buttons. it all sounds immature because they're all probably still immature (yes, i know, even then...).

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

according to the OP's profile, he's 15 years old and he and his "compadres" were probably just trying to push some older senior HSers buttons. it all sounds immature because they're all probably still immature (yes, i know, even then...).

OOPS!!! Did not notice the part of their age....would have revised then (slightly). I apologize, knowing now that the OP was 15 years old, as I would have framed my argument slightly different and the story makes more sense now.

Still just silly and there is no place for stuff like that on the golf course.

I was also thinking that 2 hours for 9 holes as a three ball is not fast, just average at best.

DG

Driver: TM M4 Tour Issue
3W: Rogue
Hybrid: TEE
Irons: Callaway Apex Pro
54, 58 TM MG tour issue raw
Putter: PXG Gunboat H

They show up at the next green and the guy who almost hit me is bright red in the face he asked me why that had happened to his ball I said "Ya hit into my divot and it is my obligation to rake after I play from the bunker" we sat at the tee box and exchanged insults for a while and then me and my Compadres decided to piss them off we decided to take our sweet time I took four minutes to address the ball fidgeting around as much as I could then I rip one down the center of the fairway 250-270

Wait, are what grade are you in?

They show up at the next green and the guy who almost hit me is bright red in the face he asked me why that had happened to his ball I said "Ya hit into my divot and it is my obligation to rake after I play from the bunker" we sat at the tee box and exchanged insults for a while and then me and my Compadres decided to piss them off we decided to take our sweet time I took four minutes to address the ball fidgeting around as much as I could then I rip one down the center of the fairway 250-270 I ask my friend if he saw where that went an he said 'No I didn't better play a provisional ball" did the same thing with the setup and swing then for kicks did it again, my other friend was quicker he just setup and fired, but my final friend Mike was the real a hole out of all of us he starts by facing the complete opposite direction(we play the blue tees and they were waiting on the blacks)scarring the bejesus out of them. I then point him in the right direction then he decides he's taking to much club and pulls out his putter. He proceeds to take five practice swings before getting the driver again which he grips by the head take six practice swings before I set him straight. Finally he takes a real swing which he shanks ob so he walks back and asks the guys for a lesson which they refuse to give him. then right before he says" Do you guys want to play through we might be a while" he hits his next drive in the fairway. The whole time Mike was up there messing with these guys me and Jake the other guy were just laid out laughing. :D

That last comment Mike made set them both off. :D To the point where they where speechless it's at these points when sometimes the English language lacks the words needed to communicate the amount of anger that you are currently feeling to ward a certain person. Then I calmly and somehow respectfully repeated to them the fact that if they want to play through they just had to ask. ;)

The guy who almost hit me got a job in the pro shop the next week.Boy did we look surprised when we walk into pay for our round next week. :rolleyes:

ha dude that is kinda funny. you just took it a little too far. i'd be afraid that the older kids on my golf team would kick the crap out of me if i pulled something like that!

Ok

the one group that was playing witht he poster should have let the group behind them go through.

Then again this does not excuse for one moment the group behind them for hitting into them.

All I can say is to the kid that posted this thread. I know right now you feel a bit beat up over your post.

Just get over it and learn from what is being said. I am saying for your age you got beat up a bit too much on this thread.

Was I childish yes. Do actions like this belong on a golf corse certianly not. Did we let them play through before this yes.How many times twice. Why the same incident as described.

The first time they hit my bag that was standing next to the green. they asked to play through we let them. We caught them on the next whole making phone calls they told us to play through we did.

The second time the missed me but almost hit one of my "Compadres" They asked to play through we let them. We caught them two holes later. They were in the bathroom we played through.

The third time I lost it.

All three times they told us it was our fault. When if they had demonstrated any patience this all would of been avoided. In fact if they had waited five minutes you wouldn't of read this post. So you wouldn't either have laughed at this or been aghast at the utter lack of respect for the game of golf.

Almost everyone except for those few people who are perfect, have done something some where at some point in time that was stupid and showed an utter lack of respect for the establisment in which they were currently invovled I just thought that this expeirience was slightly entertaining. Childish Yes, Entertaining Maybe. :black eye: :)

i have heard this some else, so i am calling shens. also it was uncalled for and if this is true and they were adults they would have let them through, no questions asked. trying to raise your tought guy level and impress kids just made you look like a fool. congrats

jon

take it easy: wait... you let them play through twice before this, then how did they get behind you again, if the did hop behind you again, then what you did was still uncalled for but they should not have expected to go through your group again. but like i think i have read something similar to this online somewhere.

For me, it isn't what you did that I have a problem with. Like you said, everybody has probably done something stupid on the golf course, and besides, you're only 15. What really bugged me is how you came here boasting and acting proud of your actions. I'm sure you realize you weren't acting appropriately on the course, but there really was no reason to make a post bragging about your immaturity. :)