2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Men and Women TOGETHER???

singledigit

1. Do any of you guys enjoy playing golf with women? Why or why not?

2. Do any of you ladies enjoy playing golf with men? Why or why not?

I'm very curious to know because the guys I usually end up being paired with have these great egos and most of them are no fun to play with.

I actually prefer playing golf with women because they are more realistic about their golfing abilities--less ego...

3. I've always wonder if women gambled on the golf course... I do and I know a lot of guys do... does that bother you in anyway?

4. Does golf become less interesting when you don't have people to play golf with?

Its just less fun these days for me when everyone is doing Holiday stuff and I don't have people to play with.

5. Do you enjoy being paired up with strangers at a course or would you rather play with other people you know? Do you go play golf to meet new people?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't care what the Age, Race, Sex or Religion the people are that I play with. As long as you're not arrogant, annoying, can hit the ball (not miss) and can get around in 4:30 or less that's all I can ask for :cheesy:

Being paired up with strangers is hit or miss. You can get teamed up with the nicest people or some that make you wanna just play ahead of them! That said, I'd much rather play with people I know :wave:

I'd also rather play with someone that shoots 90-100 and who has a great personality and sense of humor than someone who shoots in the 60-70's and has the personality of a rock :)

2. Yes, I enjoy golfing with men. At a male dominated school, you get used to it after awhile.

3. I've never gambled on a golf course. I have to trust somebody before I can lose money with them.

4. Golf is enjoyable for me by myself or with others. I often play as a single because somedays it's the only way I can fit golf in. Besides, then it's just you and the golf course.

5. Being paried with strangers, makes golf very interesting. You never know who you will meet. We all come together with the love of golf and learn to accept others no matter what their golfing abilities. It is not my goal to meet new people when I play golf. But at times that is my only choice when I travel alone. I once meet a man at my home public course who use to be in the navy and played with Sam Snead. People can teach you many life lessons on the golf course.

I'll play golf with anybody. Good golfer, bad golfer, snooty golfer, funny golfer, ugly golfer, hottie golfer, anybody........I'm not picky.

I like to play golf, and truly enjoy the company of strangers on the course. Sure it's more fun to play with friends, but I've met some great people, and have become good friends, with those I've been paired up with by the clubhouse on a busy day.

There's only been one time where I didn't like my playing partners.......I got stuck with a couple snooty more money than talent egomaniacal 10 handicappers with $3,500 sets who figured a guy with some beat up blades, ancient Ping putter, and some plain black headcovers wasn't in their league. One guy even commented about my "garage sale special" headcovers. :)

We played the front nine together & I played through with the group ahead after that. Much nicer threesome of women. We had a great time on the back nine. :cheesy:

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I play a lot of golf as a single, so I have ended up playing with all sorts of golfers, men, women, young, old, highly skilled, novice, and I have learned to enjoy playing with all sorts of golfers.

I enjoy playing with someone....since a lot of my rounds are on a public course near my campus, the pace of play is SLOW, and to play as a single is almost unbearably slow.

-Thomas

There's only been one time where I didn't like my playing partners.......I got stuck with a couple snooty more money than talent egomaniacal 10 handicappers with $3,500 sets who figured a guy with some beat up blades, ancient Ping putter, and some plain black headcovers wasn't in their league. One guy even commented about my "garage sale special" headcovers. :stop:

We played the front nine together & I played through with the group ahead after that. Much nicer threesome of women. We had a great time on the back nine. :drag:

I own two golf bags, each worth more than $3.500 (Taylor Made & Mizuno in one of them and Titleist & Ping in the other bag - Scotty's in both bags though) but I could never in my life comment on other peoples golf equipment - NEVER :cheesy:

This is low style, low class and totally NOT normal acceptable behavior on a golf course as well as in general life :wave:

Come to think about it - the guy's with the old classic beat up blade equipment often can beat and play the crap out of me :pimp:

I see you have an R7, Mp33, Black Oxe wedges, Spin Milled wedges and a classic Ping putter in your bag - this is awesome golf equipment. How could anyone miss out on that :)

I own two golf bags, each worth more than $3.500 (Taylor Made & Mizuno in one of them and Titleist & Ping in the other bag - Scotty's in both bags though) but I could never in my life comment on other peoples golf equipment - NEVER :wave:

This is low style, low class and totally NOT normal acceptable behavior on a golf course as well as in general life :drag:

Come to think about it - the guy's with the old classic beat up blade equipment often can beat and play the crap out of me ;)

I see you have an R7, Mp33, Black Oxe wedges, Spin Milled wedges and a classic Ping putter in your bag - this is awesome golf equipment. How could anyone miss out on that :cheesy:

Claus,

I agree wholeheartedly. :)

I dig the fancy equipment, and would *love* a Cameron putter but just can't swing (pun intended) one right now.

Hopefully you weren't thinking my comments were a shot at all players with high end equipment.....didn't mean it that way at all, and apologize if it came out that way. :stop:

My stuff is well used, and with all the lead tape, worn paintfill, bag dings, and no-name headcovers it looks more like bargain bin garage sale equipment than not.

Playing partners with beautiful clubs that let me play along are fantastic, because sometimes they'll let you swing a few of them........Cameron Newport.... :pimp:

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

I enjoy playing with men; It gives me the opportunity to step up my game as far as distance is concerned. I also enjoy it because when I am playing with men, they tend to ask me questions about certain techniques and skills that they may not necessarily ask they male playmates. An ego thing I'm guessing. :)

Golf doesnt' become less interesting, but it does become less competitive.

I don't mind being paired up with strangers. It gives me the opportunity to meet new people. I'm such an extrovert that I can walk up to a stranger and start up a conversation; some people can be a little off-put by it, but most welcome it. It can be a little scary, especially if you're a new golfer, so it gives them the chance to loosen up and know that I'm not going to rip their heads off and p!$$ on their dead skulls if they mess up. And if they're a scratch golfer I'm not going to be intimated by their level of skill.

I just like to play golf! I don't care who I play with. :cheesy:

Can anyone beat this !?

I met my girlfriend on the golf course 3-4 years ago.

I played as a single - not only on the golf course THAT day, but in real life also ;) - and this particular day, a stunning beautiful girl comes walking up to me at the first tee.

I expect her boyfriend to come along also - but no, she is single and looks like a model - with a bit of curves though :wave:

WE start to play, I'm still a rookie at that time, and so is she - pretty much.

The first hole is a par 3, and I hit a pretty solid 4 iron and misses the green by 2-3 feet. She hits her 5 wood spot on the center of the green - and I'm stunned. Not only is she beautiful looking, well dressed but she also hits some GIR :)

I try not to hit too much on her - but she starts the conversation herself and blinks to me when we walk towards the first hole and I kind of blush a bit :stop:

We start the conversation, and I quickly realize that we hit it on together from the first second.

Come the 18.th hole she ask me if we should play together another day - and I say YES! in a hurry :drag: :pimp:

We've played a lot since that - been together for more than 3 years now :cheesy:

She actually bought me the new R7 425 TP driver for christmas - still haven't received it because of the trouble Taylor Made had with the R7 425 - but she ordered it the 4.th of december, so I certainly can't blaim her for the delay :)

I bought her the Mizuno Mx-23 irons for ladies last year, a 3- and 5-wood from Cobra for ladies and a Taylor Made Rescue Dual for women utility hybrid. This year I bought her 3 Mizuno Mp-T Black Nickel wedges, a "My Girl" Scotty Cameron putter with pink grip and yellow headcover (she likes pink and yellow) and I'm going to give her a Callaway FT3 Ladies driver for her birthday later this month. So her bag is almost set - with some of the greatest equipment available for women.

I really don't care what the Age, Race, Sex or Religion the people are that I play with. As long as you're not arrogant, annoying, can hit the ball (not miss) and can get around in 4:30 or less that's all I can ask for :cheesy:

Being paired up with strangers is hit or miss. You can get teamed up with the nicest people or some that make you wanna just play ahead of them! That said, I'd much rather play with people I know :wave:

I'd also rather play with someone that shoots 90-100 and who has a great personality and sense of humor than someone who shoots in the 60-70's and has the personality of a rock :)

DITTO THAT!! As I posted in another thread, I love playing with women - in general, they're much more polite, have more etiquette, and don't tend to get stinkin' drunk and obnoxious on the course.

One funny thing I observe EVERY TIME a woman is in the group - invariably some guy tries to give her swing and golf advice. This is quite comical to watch these dudes do this - human nature, I guess?

• 1 month later...

I used to play golf with the Maple Leafs, a group formed at a public golf course. Their main objective was to hang out and talk about their grandkids, travel plans and basically, just to have a nice time.

I, on the other hand, was bored with the lack of competition, my handicap remained the same and I did not renew my membership.

The following spring I decided to head out to the tee and meet up with whomever was there waiting for me. To my delight, I wound up playing golf with seniors, 99% of them men. They usually played from the senior tees which was fine by me. Once they realized that I was a solid player they really let loose and, most of the time, we gambled on each hole, whether or not one of us would sink a putt, chip closest to the pin, etc.

My husband and I try to get out once in a while but our service station gets in the way. We do set aside time every Sunday and create a golf podcast. It's fun for the both of us and we get gossip about our rounds. :cheesy:

1. Do any of you guys enjoy playing golf with women? Why or why not?

Women golfers are the best, they have a flare for the game and check any egos, superiority complexs, BS, and or attitudes at the door. Women bring a zest to golf that guys don't, I have yet to hear a women flip out over a mistake and then wine about for the next 6 holes. The laid back attitude is refreshing and when the play is competitive it is kept clean and mature!

3. I've always wonder if women gambled on the golf course... I do and I know a lot of guys do... does that bother you in anyway?

I have been in plenty of tourneys and a boat load of Corporate outings when the initial banter is all about betting and gambling. I have taken part rarely and only play skins or Nassau with close friends. I think it tends to bring the wrong atmosphere to the round and I just don't like talking about money in general. The topic of money during situations under pressure can make some people get stupid! So to offer my .02 cents, it depends on the situation and who I am playing with.

4. Does golf become less interesting when you don't have people to play golf with?

Not at all, I play 90% of my golf by myself to work on my own game and improve my course managment and routine, the other 5% my wife comes along and we have a great time. It is 4 1/2 good hours we can spend together while giving my in-laws adequate time with their grandkids.

5. Do you enjoy being paired up with strangers at a course or would you rather play with other people you know? Do you go play golf to meet new people?

1st Part:

I think being paired up with strangers is the best part about golf, I mean, no matter what your station is in life, on the course you are absolute equals and that is how I treat all that I happen to Tee it up with. Of course there have been times when I was paired up with some real :cheesy: who have judged me based on my lack of brand name stix, golf apparel, or just plain assumption that I may not be very good. Poor bastxxx's

2nd part:

Playing with friends only occurs when I go back to LA which is once a year, so to alleviate this gap, the wife & I plan to move our family back to Pasadena by November 2006. We have been in Philly for the past 8 years and have made some good friends through Softball/Baseball/Martial Arts but they show little interest and do not play golf however, I have several aquaintances that I do golf with now and then.

3rd part:

I play alone most of the time on Sundays, Mondays, and Tuesdays, these are my days off and during the week find very few players on the course, this is my time to work more and more on my course managment and routine. It is easy for me to forget my routine when playing with others, it is just something I have to rememebr to do. Have fun, but don't deviate from my game plan when having a good time.

Callaway XR Pro 9* Mitsubishi Fubuki zt 70x tipped .5"
Callaway XR Pro 14* Mitsubishi Fubuki z-fw 85x
Mizuno MP- 33 3-pw KBS-Tour x stepped x 2
Nike VR Forged 52*,56*,60*
Mizuno Bettinardi C-03 Blade @ 33"
Titleist Prov1x

I have a good friend who I play quite a lot of golf with who is female. I agree entirely about the ego thing. Often men who I am playing with for the first time will boast a lot to try and paint a positive potrayl of themselves. Women don't seem to do this which I think is pretty cool on their part. Regarding whether I prefer playing by myself, with strangers or with a friends I think there is a time for each situation. I will play by myself if I have been practicing a lot and want to really concentrate on my on-course performance. Playing golf with friends is great but in competitions I find it fun to play with strangers and getting to know them.

Titleist TS3 10.5° w/ Tensei AV 55 Stiff
Titleist TS2 16.5° w/ Tensei AV 65 Stiff
Titleist TS2 21° w/ Tensei AV 75 Stiff
Titleist U510 23° w/ Tensei Blue AM2 Stiff
Titleist 714 AP2 5-9 w/ XP 95 S300
Vokey SM8 46°, 50°, 54°, 60° w/ XP 95 S300
Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"

Men seem to be much more interested in bets and playing for money than the women with whom I have played. When I play with a nephew (he's much better than I), we will put money on the round and work out handicap adjustment. It keeps him more focused as my game is just uneven enough to take him every once in a while. Typical HIGH stakes are for a beer/soda after the round. When there are disparate handicaps/skill levels involved, my friends will put a quarter (again, really high stakes) on fewest putts, most fairways hit, or closest to the pin on one or two par3s. This is nothing compared to the Nasaus and skins games that I have gotten caught up in when playing with betting men. Women just don't seem as interested in putzing around with handicap adjustments and all that stuff to make wagering more equitable. Women's leagues have all kinds of "silly" events -- poker hands, guess your score, etc. -- but the league in which I play has abandoned even those as "silly" "nonesense".

I've played with qute a few women (on and off the course LOL :crazy2: jk jk jk). Anyways, yea I don't mind it at all. Yesterday I played with a girl who was TERRIBLE, but she was having a good time so I was fine with it. I usually don't like playing with people who are really high handicaps, because it takes me out of my rhythm, but every once in awhile it's no big deal.

I played a round once with a girl on the golf team here at school (apparently she is by far the best) and it was great. It was me, a friend, and her all about the same skill level (she was better by a couple strokes) and I had a good time. She just went along her way and made pars all day long!! I was 2 tees back, having a great day with the driver, and at least 30 yards by my friend who was ahead of her. But, she would stick fairway metals around the green all day while I was chunking lob wedges all over the place haha. My friend and I shared a cart (which neither of us wanted to do, but it was a course rule for everyone not on the team) and whoever lost the hole had to drive the cart. The other person just walked with her. Out of the times I walked we had a nice conversation, and she was pretty cool since she was just practicing.

I think it depends on the person. I'm not a ego-maniac on the course. I play golf for fun, and don't ever plan to do it differently. I played real sports my entire life and I got away from that attitude once I took up golf. Most people I see playing golf think they're great at everything, and I'm not surprised by some of the stories I've seen. I don't bet on the golf course, because when I'm there I just enjoy being there. Whenever I see people who bet, they just seem to be upset all the time, that doesn't make sense to me......

Anyways, if any women here wanna play around... I mean A ROUND, let me know :drinks:

I prefer playing golf with men because of the faster pace of play. I was taught how to play by a boyfriend (who later became my husband :) ) and he had been taught by a cranky old guy who used to hit into the group in front if they were playing too slow! So I learned "ready golf" right at the start.

When I was first learning, I used to go play as a single to get more practice. The worst experience I had was some smart-Word not allowed 16 year old boy who was miserable playing with me and I think he even left after 9. I've had great fun playing with some of the senior men, they get a kick out of having me outdrive them - they have lost the ego thing and just play for the fun.

I have no interest in betting, I'm really playing against myself to focus on getting better. Last time I played with some guys I work with, there was some silly bet going on that I never even understood. I just told them to let me know if I owed them a beer at the end. :D

It's not how...it's how many

I love playing with golf with women. The round is almost always more pleasant and usually you get spared the golf jokes you have heard seven hundred times before.

I usually behave better, curb my language and play a better round of golf.

Side note: My female students are some of my best, they understand their body better and where it is at any point in the swing. Men are not as touch sensitive and can't seem to tell where their body is postioned.

Joe

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 Stiff
Wood: Ping G425 5 & 7 Wood  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff

Hybrid: Ping 425 4i Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 54 and 58 Wilson Tour Forged 56 and 60
Putter: LAB Directed Force 2.1 (33-69)//Seemore Custom "The Big Fluffy"
Bag: Vessel Player III

• 3 weeks later...

I usually play Sunday, Monday and or Tuesdays so I go to the course alone most times. I've played with some very very interesting people and some not so interesting(and sometimes that happens when I'm playing as a single). Men, women, young, old doesn't really matter unless your goal is to get drunk; then I'm playing thru at that point. Played with some really good players, really bad players, fun players, and some who wouldn't know how to have fun if they had directions and diagrams with stick figures and arrows to indicate motion. Give me any of the first three anytime and politely take the fourth variety out back and club them with a wedge until they don't move cuz I can't understand why those folks continue living. I'll gamble, or not; unless I sense a hustle because hustler's are an entirely different animal and depending on my mood (and sometimes the phase of the moon) I'll either have fun with it or the game will be on and I check my sanity at the door. Most times tho I wind up having an enjoyable experience and come away believing that anybody who plays the game of golf is someone I can relate to in one way or another.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone beat this !?

I met my girlfriend on the golf course 3-4 years ago.

I played as a single - not only on the golf course THAT day, but in real life also :cheesy: - and this particular day, a stunning beautiful girl comes walking up to me at the first tee.

I expect her boyfriend to come along also - but no, she is single and looks like a model - with a bit of curves though :crazy:

WE start to play, I'm still a rookie at that time, and so is she - pretty much.

The first hole is a par 3, and I hit a pretty solid 4 iron and misses the green by 2-3 feet. She hits her 5 wood spot on the center of the green - and I'm stunned. Not only is she beautiful looking, well dressed but she also hits some GIR :idhitit:

I try not to hit too much on her - but she starts the conversation herself and blinks to me when we walk towards the first hole and I kind of blush a bit :fool:

We start the conversation, and I quickly realize that we hit it on together from the first second.

Come the 18.th hole she ask me if we should play together another day - and I say YES! in a hurry :cheesy: :cheesy:

We've played a lot since that - been together for more than 3 years now :crazy:

She actually bought me the new R7 425 TP driver for christmas - still haven't received it because of the trouble Taylor Made had with the R7 425 - but she ordered it the 4.th of december, so I certainly can't blaim her for the delay :cheesy:

I bought her the Mizuno Mx-23 irons for ladies last year, a 3- and 5-wood from Cobra for ladies and a Taylor Made Rescue Dual for women utility hybrid. This year I bought her 3 Mizuno Mp-T Black Nickel wedges, a "My Girl" Scotty Cameron putter with pink grip and yellow headcover (she likes pink and yellow) and I'm going to give her a Callaway FT3 Ladies driver for her birthday later this month. So her bag is almost set - with some of the greatest equipment available for women.

That's gold. You're a lucky guy. :cheesy:

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

After reading this thread for the second time. Has anyone else noticed that the original poster has only made one post? I wonder what happened?

P.S. Thats a great story Claus.

Thanks to both Damo75 and you Placebo :blink:

I still blush and smile when I think of that day at the golf course :cheesy: :cheesy: :)

• 1 month later...

I enjoy playing with women if for no other reason than because it's a change, which obviously means it doesn't happen too often. I actually end up as a single most of the time which isn't too bad because I can usually hit practice shots during the round.

But yeah, I wouldn't mind some more female playing partners. It's not like there are any in grad school :)

915D3 8.5* Aldila Synergy Blue 70TX
915F 15* Diamana B-Series 80X, 18* Grafalloy Epic T90X
716MB 4-PW X100
SM6 52F TVD 56K/60M S400
Bullseye Flange

I simply love the game. I really enjoy anyone who would like to play along, and don't care if they are scratch or 36 handicap. We all share a mutual love for the game. Enjoy it. To those who think women are short off the tee, and can't keep up, etc... that's OK too. But I'll give you a list of many women who play me even, or better. I play off an eight. I just enjoy the game.

• 2 weeks later...

That's funny, because generally I find men to be quite slow. They play from the back tees, and most of them should play further up. Most of them want to hit it far...and they slice badly. They search for balls all day...they smoke nasty cigars...it's pretty awful to be behind a group of them. Late in the day it seems the better male golfers are out. 1 or 2 at a time, and I usually need to let them play through. I must admit, when they don't want to let us gals play through...it's fun to hit up on them (not too close). Make's 'em nuts!!

That said, I would love to find some thoughtful, intelligent males to golf with the group of women golfers I know.