2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

can u beat a scratch golfer?

spacedust

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you play this guy yet? I was wondering cause Being a Scrach player I feel I would wear out a 12-15 capper on a normal day.... Even a bad day I'm not going to shoot worse than 75-77 MAX... I played this past weekend and Shot 78 with 42 putts....... Then PLayed Sunday (After 2 hours of putting workout) and Shot 71 with 26 putts...

I would say you COULD win... I played a inter club match 2 weeks ago vs a 10 and I had to give up 9 strokes up and still won 7 up with 8 to play! All it takes is the scrach player to start out with a few birds and the higher player with FOLD EVERYTIME!!!!!! But If the Scrach player screws up a few holes and gives the 12 the upper edge he COULD be beat!!!!

Space- Give me a Call if you would like to play Sunday.... I'm a Member @ Greystone in Denham Springs right outside of Hammond and Baton Rouge... About a 70min drive for you.... We have a 2:00pm tee time and I would be more than happy to play with ya! I have a open spot on our normal group and the course would be a great challege for you! As you can tell from last weekend I VERY hit or miss the past few weeks(Putting it KILLING me). Hit me up bro My name is Chuck

225-978-2068

thanks for the invite, and your scores are very impressive. looks like a nice course. I would like to play, but i have a prior commitment, i will be in biloxi this weekend. I will be playing at grand bear on saturday. and either the falling oaks or the oaks golf club sunday.

either next saturday or sometime during the week, is when i'm available, i just need some notice in advance if its a weekday. i will be playing at shell landing next sunday.

at greystone golf club,

from the red tees. 4533 vs. the tips 6954. at this distance i believe i have a chance.

at any other distances, from your scores, i concede it would be difficult for me.

since everyone think i will lose at red tees 5100 yard to 6969 tips at santa maria.

what do everyone think about me playing Mr. CLA225 (scratch)

4533 yds vs 6954 yds.?

what are my chances? course i never played at. :D

rockfish........

add the fact that i am female + 3 female children = imsocrabby

golf is my salvation.

spacey...you need to cancel your plans in biloxi and get this thing done. this thread is going to live in infamy if you actually do it. someone down in that neck of the woods has to go and keep stats.

spacey,

I'm open Next saturday... I work All week and cannot get a round during then BUT I'm open this weekend and Next weekend.. LMK about next saturday also check your PM's about the yardages...... After next weekend I have Tournaments for 3 str8 weekends....

Chuck

ok, Mr Chuck,

as of now i'm open for next saturday. The title of this topic is a "bet made with a scratch player "red tees vs. tips." . no matter what the yardage difference. i'm a mid 80's +- player.

people still think i'm crazy. thats ok. it will be a fun match win or lose. from those distances, i'm going to make it extremely difficult for you to beat me.

alot of people on this topic said that distance doesn't matter. look at the yardages, what do you think now?

someone calculate my odds of winning/losing.

unless i plan driving the green on par 4's, i only need to use my 5 wood off the tee, then pitch or chip, then putt for birdie.

there is a 314, 336, 304 and 435 yard par 5. :D

also a 195 yard par 4.

either way this turns out, it's great practice........

Short course puts your short game in the limelight. My guess is the scratch player kills a 10 handicap 9 out of 10 times from 100 and in, which is where you'll be all day. If you hit 75% of your fairways and hit 75% of your GIR, and make about 5 birdies you may have a chance.........

To put it in perspective though, I played my now ex (a 17 handicap from the front tees) and I was a 6 at the time. I played from the tips.. roughly 5100 yards to 6900 yards. I had to give her 10 shots on the 10 toughest holes....I won........ by 2 strokes.... I shot 76 and she shot 88 net 78..... it got intense at the end..the toughest part was she gave it to me for 6 months that I could only beat her by 2 stroke... which I thought was retarded as I played 100 yards longer on average per hole and giving her a stoke on 10 holes also........

So........ I came up with the great equalizer..... we both play from the reds, no strokes...........

............ It got ugly......... shot 69 she shot 89............ needless to say I vaguely mentioned she lost by 20 at the end... needless to say this was probally the end of things....lmao ........... ;)

So yes you could beat a scratch.... if he gave you strokes... without the strokes how does a 10-12 handicap shoot even par ??? Probally not with your short game, that's the biggest difference between scratch and a mid handi-cap.. He'll get down from almost everywhere 70% of the time... He'll hit 70% of greens in reg, He'll hit 65% or more of the fairways.... you're stats will have to be better to win........

And putting will most likely be the difference.............

Put my hundred on the scratch golfer... :D

Saturday should be fine, I'll post back tonight(I have a tournament @ 12:00pm today as long as the rain does not come before) I was informed of a wedding I have to attent sometime during the day but we can plan around that event and still get this round in.

For the record: As I have said from the start I'm always looking for a challange, for me to win it all depends of WHICH Chuck shows up to play :D

Till Tonight......

Saturday should be fine, I'll post back tonight(I have a tournament @ 12:00pm today as long as the rain does not come before) I was informed of a wedding I have to attent sometime during the day but we can plan around that event and still get this round in.

For the record: As I have said from the start I'm always looking for a challange, for me to win it all depends of WHICH Chuck shows up to play ;)

Till Tonight......

i'm talking about next saturday april 26.

and could you explain what that means? "depends of which chuck shows up to play? "

and i always like to make it clear about conditions before i play. so there's no misunderstanding. playing straight up stroke play.

( Its red tees vs. tips. )

:D

Did you play this guy yet? I was wondering cause Being a Scrach player I feel I would wear out a 12-15 capper on a normal day.... Even a bad day I'm not going to shoot worse than 75-77 MAX... I played this past weekend and Shot 78 with 42 putts....... Then PLayed Sunday (After 2 hours of putting workout) and Shot 71 with 26 putts...

I don't get it. Your max is 75-77, but you shot 78?

:russian_roulette: i noticed that also. :(

Smoke him amigo!

You got a shot at those distances. 195 yard par 4 :clapping: :(

thats affirmative,

from those distances, i will crush him.

:russian_roulette:

It's a long par 3. If you miss the green, like most mid-80s shooters will, I hope you can hit your wedge inside his wedge, because that's all he'll have left after his tee shot, too. And I hope you can putt like the scratch can.

Good luck.

Smoke him amigo!

You got a shot at those distances. 195 yard par 4 :clapping: :(

thats affirmative,

from those distances, i will crush him.

:russian_roulette:

It's a long par 3. If you miss the green, like most mid-80s shooters will, I hope you can hit your wedge inside his wedge, because that's all he'll have left after his tee shot, too. And I hope you can putt like the scratch can.

Good luck.

He's basically getting an extra stroke on a couple of the par 4s and the par 5s. If he converts any of those... he's doing well.

A pro golfer I coach won his clubtournament matchplay where he gave people shots due to handicap rules.

He beat them even when injured in his back.

Its no competition when he hits the drive 330 yards and makes 3 birdies in 5 holes, its terrifying for the opponent :russian_roulette:

Knows the secret to the golf swing to own it.
300+ yards and 4% dispersion for unmatched accuracy
Golf God

:( i noticed that also. :clapping:

My point was I had 42 putts..... and STILL shot 78 with 3 birds and 17 GIR'S, add up 42 putt for a 15 capper and they would have shot 110+..... :russian_roulette:

I'll update you in the morning about Saturday.... I got a tee time for 10:00ish BUT It's possible I maybe out for saturday, as posted before I have a wedding saturday and I'm trying to make everything work out. Also I have my 10 year class reunion in Baton Rouge @ 630pm. As you can tell I have a MAXED out day so I'll know tonight what we can do...

Chuck

ok cool,

take care of whats important first. if u have time then great if not, then another time.

very impressive 17 GIR. :clapping:

but when you play the tips and i play the reds. 6954 yds vs. 4533

i'm going to crush you! :(

Spacey how many unplayed games you got? I mean hey you could be loosing a lot of money here.

Have you taken in consideration the most important thing of all?

Do you even know what it is?

Seriously I promise you the scratch player has more experience dealing with it than you do.

Has it dawned on you yet what I am talking about?

Trust me its going to come into play.

How is your gag reflux yeah buddy the CHOKE factor.

You see its a tough game with your hands around your throat and your heart racing.

Now my bet on who chokes first would be you. But it could be the scratch player. Trust me I have seen a lot of fine golfers do it.

Bottom line Spacey when is a match ever going to happen. Come on let the gagging begin. :russian_roulette:

I'm working on it.... Last weekend was short notice but the best one for me.... As I posted I have us a Tee time for 1000am but it's just not looking good to be able to get the round in....BUT I'm not giving up the outside chance just yet...

I have scrach tour events next weekend and the following, so we really need to knock it out soon...

BTW What did you shoot @ Grand Bear last weekend?