Q-Ray Bracelets...

What is supposed to happen?
Hey all,

I had gotten a Q-Ray bracelet for Christmas, and I have been wearing it since Christmas morning now, but I don't know what 'changes' I am supposed to feel. Do any of you guys wear one? It's a good looking bracelet so I don't mind if I don't feel any more wellness than I did before, but what exactly is supposed to happen?

Thanks, Bryan

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after visiting the website i didnt get a clear answer to what they do. It seems to give more balance. Sorry i couldnt find out more Bryan, but it didn't clearly say what it does just that you will have a "better lifestyle"

Yeah, the website just had people saying 'how great the felt', but to be honest, the only difference I have felt is I have a metal bracelet on my wrist instead of a rubber one. Who knows, it could work out in the long run.

Thanks for the effort, Bryan

i was down at a huge golf shop in S. Carolina the other day and my mom wanted to buy me one, but i talked her out of it because i was not sure if it would work or anything. I am real intrested in the Q link Necklace, that intrigues me, but i dont want to buy it and then have it not do anyhting and leave me just wanting to shoot myself for buying into something that irrational.

That silly thing is about as effective as sticking pins in voodoo dolls. It is meant for gullible, uneducated, unthinking people who will buy anything. Snake oil salesmen have been with us for centuries. Just go to their website and try to objectively read it. It is the most absurd, BS I have ever seen. As it was once said, "A fool and his money are soon parted". P.T. Barnum was right when he supposedly said, "There's a sucker born every minute". Biosphere and ions...what garbage. Anyone with a scientific educational background would laugh himself silly over the "Q Ray". But if people will believe in astrology, I guess they will buy anything. I think voodoo rattles and burying dead chickens in the back yard to get rid of warts is about as effective as the "Q ray". :)

Bryan, DO NOT listen to all these naysayers denouncing the magically beneficial effects of the Q-Ray Bracelets.

Placebos don't work unless you believe in them. :birthday:

beruo

beruo, you forgot to mention that you have to click you heels together (3) times while repeating "There's no place like home".

THE NERVE of you guyz!! I suppose the next thing you'll be telling these guyz is there isn't any Easter Bunny either, or a Santa Claus for that matter. :birthday:

I use my Q-Ray bracelet for bad breath, constipation, unset stomach and bad cases of the shanks, and it's never failed me yet. :)

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

I can not say anything about the Q-ray but I have and still wear the Balance bracelet and wheather it is in your mind or not mine works for me, but I think you need to have a problem before you can have a cure. I have one knucle that is on my right hand that I hurt by hitting fat to many times. So either the braclet did the cure or I got to become a better golfer and do not hit it fat as much but the pain has went away. So I never take mine off.

I had both a Q Ray and a Rayma bracelet over the past few years, while some people believe they work for them, they did nothing for me. Now they sit in a drawer.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

• 3 weeks later...

HERE is the URL for those that want to read it all http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelate...nyAds/qray.html

Q-Ray was sued for false advertising here is a clip from the lawsuit

Consumer Protection Actions

In 2000, the Consumer Justice Center sued QT, Inc., and its owners for false advertising [5]. The suit was settled with a nondisclosure agreement. I provided an expert declaration in the case but do not know the settlement terms. However, it is safe to assume that the settlement agreement included payment and a pledge to stop making most of the claims that the suit challenged. A class-action suit is pending [6], and a false advertising suit is pending against the marketers of a similar device called the Balance Bracelet [7].

In June 2003, the FTC charged QT, Inc, Q-Ray Company, Bio-Metal, Inc., and their principals, Que Te Park and Jung Joo Park, with false advertising, and a federal court issued a temporary restraining order freezing their assets and prohibiting further use of misleading claims [8].

In May 2004, the FTC filed a similar suit against Balance Bracelet marketers Media Maverick, Inc., of San Luis Obispo, California, and its officers Mark Jones and Charles Cody [9]. Among other things, the company's Web site had claimed:

The Balance Bracelet is designed to aid the body in helping itself through electro-polarization. This helps the body return to its normal ionic balance. The Balance Bracelet acts on the body absorbing the static electricity that causes changes in different parts of the body.

The Bottom Line

The Q-Ray bracelet is a line of costume jewelry that has been claimed to relieve pain and to provide various health benefits. It is claimed to work by balancing "energy" that cannot be measured with scientific instrumentation. Its supposed mechanism of "ionic" action is preposterous. The only published scientific study of the device found that it had no special effect against pain. Its marketing claims were greatly toned down by a private consumer protection lawsuit filed in California, but I believe that the manufacturer still exaggerates what the bracelet can do. The Balance Bracelet has been marketed with claims that were equally false.

Reference

About Q-Ray/Bio-Ray. QT, Inc, Web site, archived Dec 22, 1997.

About Q-Ray. QT, Inc, Web site, archived Dec 8, 2000.

Yamamoto S. The formation and basis of the bi-digital O-Ring test. Feb 26, 2002.

Bratton RL and others. Effect of "ionized" wrist bracelets on musculoskeletal pain: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Mayo Clinic Proceedings 77:1164-1168, 2002.

Consumer Justice Center v Q.T., Inc., Andrew Park, Jung Joo Park, Que Te Park, Lizz Ciprian, and Does 1-100.

Superior Court of the State of California for the County of Orange, Central Justice Center, Case No. 00CC14710, Filed Dec 7, 2000.

John Gardner v QT Inc. and Does 1-50. Superior Court of the State of California, County of San Diego, North County Branch. Case No. GIN026037. Amended complaint filed Jan 13, 2003.

William Pate v Media Maverick, Mark Jobes, and Does 1-100. 50. Superior Court of the State of California, County of Orange, Central Judicial District. Case No. 03CC05796, Filed April 21, 2003.

Marketers of Q-Ray ionized bracelet charged by FTC: FTC seeks to halt deceptive pain relief claims and provide consumer refunds. FTC news release, June 2, 2003.

FTC Challenges claims that the "Balance Bracelet" relieves pain. FTC news release, May 18, 2004.

Quackwatch Home Page

This article was revised on May 19, 2004.

Placebo?????????????

Mind over mater????????????????

It may be false advertizing but I can tell the difference if i I stop wearing mine. Everyone that I run across that is wearing one also tells me that it helps. Again whether it is only in your head i don't know soem it works for and some it don't. I used to use the magnets before I went to the balance and the magnets also worked but the balance worked better. I guess no different than the copper band that turns your wrist green.

If you are a believer you belive if you are not you are not.

I've had one on for about 6 months or so. I would say the main feeling I perceive is a sense of lightness in the wallet.

If I had been drinking coffee when I read this it would have projectiled out of my nose! Whew glad I wasn't.

Well I saw the info-mercial and I'm pretty sure if you wear one you will win a PGA tour event. (cool)

IMO the whole concept is a little too vague. The advertisements of bodily electrical energy flow are nonsense. Ions exist in solution throughout the body in other words, their not just floating around like in other areas such as the atmosphere. There is no such thing as an "ionized bracelet" because the molecules of solid objects are so close together and therefore cannot be ionized. There is no such thing as an imbalance in ions in the body and even if there was, the q ray couldn't influence the bodies energy supply becase it has no power source to become ionized itself.

The "quick relief" people say they feel is simply in their head.

Actually in Medicine, placebo's have 20% success rate- what it means it cures 20% of the disease or people feel 20% better; I am not sure... When someone is ill, giving them "medication(s)" usually makes them feel better.. even just seeing a doctor can help.. thats the placebo effect...

So why not buy the "shank-o-cure"; paste it on you forehead before a round, it should reduce shanks by 20%, or at least the shanks are 20% straighter.. LOL