Censorship

I will not be surprised to find this thread deleted.

I have not been on this site long and have not posted in a long while. I am member of many forums and never had I seen a site so quick to delete posts senselessly.

Censorship is one thing, but to delete based on one’s bias opinion, is just plain wrong.

I wouldn't expect our approach to moderating to change and if anything, we have received complaints of being too laxed. We have taken flack from all sides concerning moderation and we will continue to do what we think is best for the site and community. The Standard response warnings were created for people to cool off and think before they post. We encourage discussion but, respectful spirited discussion is as far as it goes. Needless hammering, Internet bullying responses, or trollish behavior will not be tolerated. If you can't figure out why you were warned then send a message to easyyy or I and we can investigate. I will warn that if we get a hostile initial response, its not going to help your position. We get over 170,000 unique visitors a month and there are about 20 moderators. Page views in the millions and posts in the thousands. The number of deleted posts is probably less than 1%.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Gx. Here's the thing: This is their board. Ultimately, they make the call for what stays and what goes. If the majority of the membership knew how much work goes into this product, they would be amazed. The guys are working very hard to keep things in control.

Keep it civil, and don't say something you wouldn't say to someone in person at work. The internet makes it easy to mask yourself, and to be a 'telephone tough guy'. Everyone here works very hard to keep this a place where free discussion is the rule. I would expect my mom to be able to post on here just as easily as myself, and this is why I love this place. I give lots of my time to research and write articles, and I am always keeping my eyes open for things to share with my friends (read: YOU) on the board.

As said above you aren't going to be doing yourself any favors by coming in and posting libelous information or just basically being a jerk. If you get censored, feel free to question why, but keep it civil. Mods are people, and if you yell at them, don't expect favors.

Bottom line guideline: If it isn't work safe, keep it to yourself.

If you want deleted posts, go to BSG.

This place will delete some posts that probably should have stayed, but is more likely just to lock the topic.

I've been known to speak my mind and butt heads with the management here, but it's still ultimately their board.

I'd be interested to know what you posted that got 409'd.

This was last year. Since, I haven't been on here. I came on about two weeks ago and got a PM from that same kid that deleted posts after posts senselessly.

reason for this thread.

Do you mind naming the kid that was PMing you? It sounds like the problem is more with this one individual and not necessarily the site itself.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Sorry to the OP but I have to kindly disagree I am a member of many other golf forums and I honestly have to say this is the Absolute Best. Are there disagreements? Of course that is human nature , Do some people get a little carried away? Again yes, but I can tell you the broader spectrum is that there are more here that are generous and willing to help than there are that post useless dribble as the dribble has been reserved for a fanboy putter site that has been overrun by negative types. All that said I truly enjoy the time I spend here and find it to be over 90% friendly and helpful sorry you have not found the same results, but then again I do not wear my emotions on my sleeve if I don't see eye to eye I either exit the thread or try to post a respectful post on why I disagree.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

I agree with Gx. Here's the thing: This is their board. Ultimately, they make the call for what stays and what goes. If the majority of the membership knew how much work goes into this product, they would be amazed. The guys are working very hard to keep things in control.

Keep it civil, and don't say something you wouldn't say to someone in person at work. The internet makes it easy to mask yourself, and to be a 'telephone tough guy'. Everyone here works very hard to keep this a place where free discussion is the rule. I would expect my mom to be able to post on here just as easily as myself, and this is why I love this place. I give lots of my time to research and write articles, and I am always keeping my eyes open for things to share with my friends (read: YOU) on the board.

As said above you aren't going to be doing yourself any favors by coming in and posting libelous information or just basically being a jerk. If you get censored, feel free to question why, but keep it civil. Mods are people, and if you yell at them, don't expect favors.

I agree with you 100% when you say it's their board and they can run it however they like. But I've never posted anything I wouldn't want my mother to see or wasn't safe for work, and I've been suspended 3 times. I've questioned why, and always in a civil manner, but never received a reply. In fact, the worst I've been treated here is by the mod who suspended me the second time. He sent me a very harsh pm basically telling me to change my signature. I replied with "All you had to do was ask." That was my complete reply. I then went into my account to delete the signature, and before I could complete the process, my account was suspended and I received a completely unprofessional message from the mod. There was absolutely no reason for him to treat me that way.

So I agree with what you are saying, but it needs to apply to both members and mods.

From looking at the history of warnings sent to your account, the accounts differ concerning your civil responses to moderators and failures to adhere to warnings. From looking at your account, you've received at least 3 or 4 warnings for the same infractions and your responses were not civil. Moderators take at look at cases in their entirety and yours it seems that you were properly warned and didn't head them.

I agree with you 100% when you say it's their board and they can run it however they like. But I've never posted anything I wouldn't want my mother to see or wasn't safe for work, and I've been suspended 3 times. I've questioned why, and always in a civil manner, but never received a reply. In fact, the worst I've been treated here is by the mod who suspended me the second time. He sent me a very harsh pm basically telling me to change my signature. I replied with "All you had to do was ask." That was my complete reply. I then went into my account to delete the signature, and before I could complete the process, my account was suspended and I received a completely unprofessional message from the mod. There was absolutely no reason for him to treat me that way.

So I agree with what you are saying, but it needs to apply to both members and mods.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

I'll add, you seem to respond only to selective posts that fuel your cause. You've been asked to provide specifics and answer some questions regarding your differences and yet, most go denied. Since Ryan has already responded above, I'll let this go but if it were up to me, you'd have your well earned vacation and this would be closed. You've provided NOTHING concrete, or of substance so far, including this thread.

Thanks for your contribution.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

I will not be surprised to find this thread deleted.

I have not been on this site long and have not posted in a long while. I am member of many forums and never had I seen a site so quick to delete posts senselessly.

Censorship is one thing, but to delete based on one’s bias opinion, is just plain wrong. I do understand, give a kid some responsibility and he can abuse it as it was in this case.

Delete this thread banned me, who cares. I will lurk around for the time being and will reframe from posting, passing along information or share any thoughts. But then again, what do I know about golf.

Club builder hobbyist for the last 19 years.

Starting a post in a negative fashion about something that happened a long time ago without providing any details as to what may be bothering you is not going to illicit a positive response. I'm not sure what you were trying to accomplish by starting this thread. If it was to start a candid, civilized discussion about a trend you may have noticed regarding the approach taken by moderators, then mission accomplished, albeit in an unorthodox way.

I am also a member in many other forums. I've posted about similar topics in these forums, and I will say the same thing. These forums are public forums whose success is driven by the members. Sure, the moderators do the set-up work behind the scenes and have the final say in what is appropriate and what is not, but any moderator will tell you that ultimately, their subscribers are what make the forums a success or not. Out of all the forums of which I'm a member, I enjoy this one the most because of the variety of opinions, wealth of knowledge, design/layout, and positive give-and-take. (take this thread for example: http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...397&hl=811)

Regarding your original post on censorship, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I think the moderators are doing a great job with this site, and I'm not alone. I'm sure there is much more to you and your story than you posted, just as there is much more to Golfwrx than what you see during your site visits (i.e. do you really know how much work actually goes into maintaining this site?). In other words, I could just as easily make an assumption about you based on your negative post and replies within this topic, but I'd rather not, because, again, I don't know the story behind it. And, interestingly enough, you made a reference to this concept in with the "A** U ME" reply you made earlier.

I guess my point is this forum is what you make of it. Starting a topic on the forum itself with a vague complaint about censorship is not going to do anything to help your experience here. If you really want to be here, and the situation you encountered long ago bothers you that much, then take a step back to think about it, and approach the moderators in a constructive fashion. I'm sure they'll be more than accommodating. If, after taking this step rationally, they respond to you in a terse or otherwise rude manner, then by all means, you have every reason to say "I'd rather not be here anymore." However, they want everyone to enjoy their experience here, so I highly doubt they would intentionally do something that would leave their subscribers with a bad taste in their mouths.

That's just my 2 cents.

Ah, raehtz10 must have been posting while I was typing.... I could have just said "what he said"... would have saved everyone some time.... :man_in_love:

As a side note all of my corespondence that I was suspended for was 100% work safe and very very tame.

The question is why do you feel targeted? Could it be because of your actions? From looking at your history, you put "please don't ban me" in your signature, and then when asked to remove it, you inversed fonted it to make it transparent. You have attacked other members in posts and you have displayed internet bullying tactics similar to what you are trying to do in this thread. The vast majority of members seem to not have issues and I think the fact the you can still post here says a lot.

The only analogy I can think of is someone getting a ticket for going 5 mph over the speed limit, and then trying to justify why they didn't break the law.

BST AD Help

If you want deleted posts, go to BSG.

This place will delete some posts that probably should have stayed, but is more likely just to lock the topic.

I've been known to speak my mind and butt heads with the management here, but it's still ultimately their board.

I'd be interested to know what you posted that got 409'd.

This was last year. Since, I haven't been on here. I came on about two weeks ago and got a PM from that same kid that deleted posts after posts senselessly.

reason for this thread.

Do you mind naming the kid that was PMing you? It sounds like the problem is more with this one individual and not necessarily the site itself.

That KID is one of the Mediator.

Truth be told, I repeatedly asked him if I violated any rules and he avoided that question, but continued to PM me and rambled on about other things.

That’s why I left and when I came back after about 6 months, I walk right into his PM. My PM box is still full of his PMs.

Assume away, point fingers, yes, I am the whining bad guy. But it just makes me wonder how some of you can automatically point finger and be judgmental without know ANY facts.

At any rate, this is the extent of my "whining".

Have a wonderful weekend. I am off RTJ for the weekend.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

Which Moderator was it? Moderators generally don't engage in lengthy conversations with members. I wonder if you are confusing the shields of ClubWRX members with Marshals. What was the member's name that PM's you.

BST AD Help

I am in no way trying to debate anyone stating that I was banned for a month one time and couldnt even figure out why. Gx the thread that I was banned for on the scotty thing was the one that bothered me. I was in no way in the wrong stated the relative good value of the loft and lie machine and was banned for it.

But alas I am done with this thread happy golfing everyone. Shoot if we keep this up it will be called internetwrx. Everyone go play now I command you.

As a side note all of my corespondence that I was suspended for was 100% work safe and very very tame.

you are FOS, I remember you are cameronaddicted and you made plenty of bad posts. As for the OP you sound like a whiny B. Take your warning with a little grain of salt and move on, no BFD. I've been warned once, its really no biggie.

As near as I can tell (because this thread doesn't seem to warrant a critical read) you got yourself into hot water, had some threads removed or locked and left for 6+ months. If you weren't over it, why return?

I can't speak to every thread and post on GolfWRX, but I have said some outrageous stuff from time to time. I have been warned a few times and understood the issue. I chose to abide by the rules and have never been banned. A few posts have been removed, but in retrospect they were way off topic anyway.

If you chose to ignore the warnings and rules or arguing about them you'll find yourself not enjoying the site much. Of course, if you don't like the rules find another board where the rules are move to your liking. Everyone will be happier that way.

From looking at the history of warnings sent to your account, the accounts differ concerning your civil responses to moderators and failures to adhere to warnings. From looking at your account, you've received at least 3 or 4 warnings for the same infractions and your responses were not civil. Moderators take at look at cases in their entirety and yours it seems that you were properly warned and didn't head them.

I know I can't win an argument against the owner of the site, but what you're posting about me is flat out inaccurate. I've received only one warning, and then notices of suspension. And I'm not sure how you can say they were for the same infractions. My warning indicated I was targeting another member and that I had a "posting attitude". My reply was that I have never targeted anyone else and I quoted a rule that I thought should have covered me. In no way was it uncivil. I then received a suspension telling me to come back when I got over my "Boo Weekley issues". Next I received unprofessional and childish messages from a mod because he didn't like my signature. This suspension came without warning. The next suspension came when during a debate on a topic I no longer remember, a mod posted that one side of the argument was nonsense and that we shouldn't be having the debate. I posted that I thought it was wrong for him to summarily dismiss people's opinions as nonsense just because he may not agree with them, and that as a mod he should be above that kind of posting. This suspension was again, without warning, this time because I have issues with the mods, which I don't. And if my post about the mod was inappropriate, why did he go back and edit his post to remove the reference to one opinion being "nonsense"? Clearly he or someone above him must have agreed with what I said, otherwise there would have been no need for an edit.

So I'm not sure how you can say I've received 3-4 warnings for the same infraction. I've received only one warning, and then suspension notices, each time for something different, although the notices are quite vague. And yes, I've replied to the notices and tried to defend myself, but never in an uncivil manner. Just because you may disagree with what I say, that doesn't make it uncivil. And I've still never received any explanation about what rules I broke.

These threads are so pointless.

I can think of tons of threads that have gone on longer than they probably should have... anyone remember the shaving thread? It was hilarious, but probably more on the side of NSFW.

There's only been one time I've irked here and it was just recently with the LaMont refinishing thing. I can honestly say I think it'd be pretty retarded to hold a grudge for something so simple.

I'm with the overwhelming majority that says sack up and let it go. Enjoy the forum for the commentary, knowledge, and light banter.