Bethpage Black

coopizzez

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='li7039' post='1930104' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:51 PM']played from the US open tees today shot 102. Had 2 bad holes which killed me. But overall it was a blast. Will deffently play it again.[/quote]

Did you just play it from the tips or did you play it like the Open set it up with some shorter par 3's?

Even the pros didn't play a single round with every tee all the way back, which is one of the reasons why I never understand why people are so infatuated with playing the "tips".

[quote name='luxman' post='1931223' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:51 AM'][quote name='li7039' post='1930104' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:51 PM']played from the US open tees today shot 102. Had 2 bad holes which killed me. But overall it was a blast. Will deffently play it again.[/quote]

Did you just play it from the tips or did you play it like the Open set it up with some shorter par 3's?

Even the pros didn't play a single round with every tee all the way back, which is one of the reasons why I never understand why people are so infatuated with playing the "tips".
[/quote]

Was the course airated recently? a buddy and I are going to do the whole camp out thing from sunday night and play monday (hopefully) but it would be a shame if the course was just airated. And we plan on playing from the US Open tees, he is a 2 and I am a 10, so I would like to get somewhere under 100 and I would be really happy.

My buddies and I just played this past Sunday at 4pm. We played 13 holes before it got to dark to play. For those that asked before, 4pm is the first Twilight tee time. It was $37 for NY residents and, I think, $69.50 for non-residents (my friend had an expired licence, so they gave him a raincheck for the difference).

I am embarrassed to say this, but, playing the Bethpage Black on the Wii version of Tiger Woods 10 really helped me navigate the course. I think I played 20 rounds coming into the my actual round. I ended up shooting a 52 on the front (I am currently a 19) and averaging a double bogie on holes 10-13. Some of the holes are really visually intimidating, such as the 4th hole with its many tiers. The highlight of the round was my par on 8 (par 3) after smacking the tree on the right side of the green. I came into the round expecting lightning fast greens, but came away somewhat disappointed as they were playing in the 10-10.5 range. A lot slower then I expected. The rough was, well, rough. You really have to muscle out of them, especially around the green. The rough was very sticky. My friends had an especially hard time with the rough since they are more finesse players (I am more of a power player). My friends who play off 10 and 14, shot 54 and 55, respectively, on the front. They really had a hard time getting out of the rough and had a hell of a time chipping out of the sticky stuff.

My advice to those that get the shakes just thinking about playing the course: Go out there early and watch people teeing off on the first tee. Along with the long and straight bombers, you will see a bunch of guys hitting into the 18th fairway on Green, topping the ball and all the other calamities you see at your usual golf course. You will realize that "Yes, it's Black, but I can do this!"

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='crtssxc' post='1931233' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:56 AM'][quote name='luxman' post='1931223' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:51 AM'][quote name='li7039' post='1930104' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:51 PM']played from the US open tees today shot 102. Had 2 bad holes which killed me. But overall it was a blast. Will deffently play it again.[/quote]

[/quote]

Was the course airated recently? a buddy and I are going to do the whole camp out thing from sunday night and play monday (hopefully) but it would be a shame if the course was just airated. And we plan on playing from the US Open tees, he is a 2 and I am a 10, so I would like to get somewhere under 100 and I would be really happy.
[/quote]

Tis the season, so I wouldn't be surprised. If you call the automated system they will tell you the aeration schedule.

[quote name='crtssxc' post='1931233' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:56 AM'][quote name='luxman' post='1931223' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:51 AM'][quote name='li7039' post='1930104' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:51 PM']played from the US open tees today shot 102. Had 2 bad holes which killed me. But overall it was a blast. Will deffently play it again.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the black is closed on mondays

[/quote]

[/quote]

Black Course was aerated about 2-3 weeks ago (tee box, fairway and greens)

[center][size=3][b][color=gray]Callaway EPIC [/color][/b][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b] [/b][/color][color=gray][b]10[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]5 Accra Tour Z 255[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913F [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 15[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b] & 19[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913H [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 24[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]PXG 0311[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Xtreme Dark 5-PW [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Vokey SM6 F Grind[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Jet Black [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 50[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]8 & 56[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]14 [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Scotty Cameron [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Newport II TOUR SSS @350g 33" Mid-Size Baby "t"[/b][/color][/size][/center]

[quote name='TwoFours' post='1931307' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:40 AM'][quote name='crtssxc' post='1931233' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:56 AM'][quote name='luxman' post='1931223' date='Sep 3 2009, 09:51 AM'][quote name='li7039' post='1930104' date='Sep 2 2009, 05:51 PM']played from the US open tees today shot 102. Had 2 bad holes which killed me. But overall it was a blast. Will deffently play it again.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

the black is closed on mondays
[/quote]

I'm assuming it will be open on Labor Day? The greens at my club were just aerated and really don't want to play on them 3 days in a row, so might make the trip up to play Monday.

I just called and there are tee times available for this coming Monday. The earliest for a single was 2:57pm.

[quote name='luxman' post='1931345' date='Sep 3 2009, 11:01 AM']I'm assuming it will be open on Labor Day? The greens at my club were just aerated and really don't want to play on them 3 days in a row, so might make the trip up to play Monday.[/quote]

Driver: Callaway Epic Max - 10.5 Deg - GD Tour AD HD - 5S
4 Wood: Callaway Epic Speed - 16.5 Deg - GD Tour AD MT - 6S
Irons: Callaway Epic Forged - 4i-SW - Aerotech Steelfiber FC90-F4
Wedge:Fourteen RM-21 - 58/12 - Recoil 110 F4
Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour Black #7 - 33"
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x 
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130 or Four5[/font][/size][/b]

[quote name='arbitrage' post='1931354' date='Sep 3 2009, 11:08 AM']I just called and there are tee times available for this coming Monday. The earliest for a single was 2:57pm.

[quote name='luxman' post='1931345' date='Sep 3 2009, 11:01 AM']I'm assuming it will be open on Labor Day? The greens at my club were just aerated and really don't want to play on them 3 days in a row, so might make the trip up to play Monday.[/quote]
[/quote]

If I come up I'll do the camp out thing Sunday night. The last thing I want to do is play at 3:00, get done around 8 and then have the long drive back to Philly.

Slept our sunday night into monday and I had a blast. Played from the blue tees, and all I can say is damn. I shot 99, but caught a couple of bad breaks on my good shots that cost me more than a couple strokes, and I struggled to find my groove through the first 5-6 holes.

1st tee was pretty intimidating. My buddy and I were the 2nd tee time out and there was quite a crowd, more than I was used to and I blocked my drive out to the right, but was glad to avoid a nightmarish swing and a miss or duck hook.

There were only 3 holes where we weren't on the most far back tee and generally there was an open tee box between the blue tees and the white tees (equating to 45-70 yards would be my guess). According to the other 2 guys I played with, who said they played 4-5 times per year, the course was set up longer than they had ever played it. It really exaggerated my struggle off the tee this year, and a few of my better drives, I ended up driving through the fairway (along MY line, not to be confused with the line the pros played) and I have never played in rough that was as dense, and yet allowed the ball to settle to the bottom every time. the guys I played with said that the rough was rather benign compared to the open, but it was clean a few areas I hit from just off the fairway had not been cut in a long time, although the fescue was basically nonexistant.

All in all it was a blast, almost rolled in a 40 foot putt on 18 for birdie, and tapped in the 1 incher to keep it under 3 digits, so it was not too stressful. Anyway, dont let people talk you out of the blue tees (as some tried to do to us), it is long, brutal, but a great test of golf and I would not hesitate to play it again, and it is a completely different course between the 2 tees. Each is a great test of golf (for sure), but as long as you can drive the ball 240ish (as I do) you give yourself a chance to hit the fairway on every hole from the blue tees.

Also, the course is a beast to walk, I never realized how up and down it was and how much space there is between the greens and tees. It is easily a 6.5 mile walk in total. The last 4 holes being very up and down and that alone makes it a tough finishing strectch. Hopefully I can work on my driving and keep it in the short grass a bit more in the future.

sorry for the long post, just pretty excited about the round

[Amazingly] I just booked a tee time for two for this Wednesday at 8:48am. Good buddy of mine has been itching to play and I'm looking forward to tackling it again for the second time this year (played it about 3 weeks before the US Open). Good thing my game that [i]completely and utterly [/i]deserted me in the month of August seems to be coming back a little (shot 77 today) cause having some confidence on that course goes a long way.

BTW, the Black is closed on Thursday the 10th.

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

[quote name='crtssxc' post='1938373' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM']Anyway, dont let people talk you out of the blue tees (as some tried to do to us), it is long, brutal, but a great test of golf and I would not hesitate to play it again, and it is a completely different course between the 2 tees.[/quote]

I'm guessing that comment was directed at me? I didn't try to talk you or anyone out of the blue tees. What I said was to not play it "all the way back". There's nothing wrong with playing the blues as the course is set up.

I played them on Sunday and with the exception of 7, 9, 10 and 13, the blues were all the way back. Shot an 82 (44 front, 38 back). After bogeying 10, par'ed 11 through 16 (career'ed a 5-wood from 220 into the wind to the front of the green on 15, then hit a long bunker shot to a foot on 16 to save par), 3-jacked 17 from 50 feet and then lipped out a birdie putt on 18.

[quote name='luxman' post='1938995' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:12 AM'][quote name='crtssxc' post='1938373' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM']Anyway, dont let people talk you out of the blue tees (as some tried to do to us), it is long, brutal, but a great test of golf and I would not hesitate to play it again, and it is a completely different course between the 2 tees.[/quote]

I'm guessing that comment was directed at me? I didn't try to talk you or anyone out of the blue tees. What I said was to not play it "all the way back". There's nothing wrong with playing the blues as the course is set up.

I played them on Sunday and with the exception of 7, 9, 10 and 13, the blues were all the way back. Shot an 82 (44 front, 38 back). After bogeying 10, par'ed 11 through 16 (career'ed a 5-wood from 220 into the wind to the front of the green on 15, then hit a long bunker shot to a foot on 16 to save par), 3-jacked 17 from 50 feet and then lipped out a birdie putt on 18.
[/quote]

Nope, not directed at you at all. There were a bunch of people who camped out who told us we were crazy for playing the blue tees, and that we wouldnt have a good time at all. And for a short while we contemplated playing the white tees; but then we realized we went out there for the experience, and went with the blue tees and were glad we did.

Sounds like a great round you had. As an 11 handicap who doesnt hit the ball a long way I found myself hitting my 5 wood into most greens and that is a tough way to score, but still had a blast. Makes the other courses I play seem even shorter than before.

[quote name='crtssxc' post='1939008' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:27 AM'][quote name='luxman' post='1938995' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:12 AM'][quote name='crtssxc' post='1938373' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM']Anyway, dont let people talk you out of the blue tees (as some tried to do to us), it is long, brutal, but a great test of golf and I would not hesitate to play it again, and it is a completely different course between the 2 tees.[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope, not directed at you at all. There were a bunch of people who camped out who told us we were crazy for playing the blue tees, and that we wouldnt have a good time at all. And for a short while we contemplated playing the white tees; but then we realized we went out there for the experience, and went with the blue tees and were glad we did.

Sounds like a great round you had. As an 11 handicap who doesnt hit the ball a long way I found myself hitting my 5 wood into most greens and that is a tough way to score, but still had a blast. Makes the other courses I play seem even shorter than before.
[/quote]

My apologies.

Glad you had a great time. Where did you drive from?

[quote name='luxman' post='1938995' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:12 AM']I played them on Sunday and with the exception of 7, 9, 10 and 13, the blues were all the way back. Shot an 82 (44 front, 38 back). After bogeying 10, par'ed 11 through 16 (career'ed a 5-wood from 220 into the wind to the front of the green on 15, then hit a long bunker shot to a foot on 16 to save par), 3-jacked 17 from 50 feet and then lipped out a birdie putt on 18.[/quote]

that's my boy.

[quote name='crtssxc' post='1938373' date='Sep 7 2009, 09:43 PM']Slept our sunday night into monday and I had a blast. Played from the blue tees, and all I can say is damn. I shot 99, but caught a couple of bad breaks on my good shots that cost me more than a couple strokes, and I struggled to find my groove through the first 5-6 holes.

1st tee was pretty intimidating. My buddy and I were the 2nd tee time out and there was quite a crowd, more than I was used to and I blocked my drive out to the right, but was glad to avoid a nightmarish swing and a miss or duck hook.

There were only 3 holes where we weren't on the most far back tee and generally there was an open tee box between the blue tees and the white tees (equating to 45-70 yards would be my guess). According to the other 2 guys I played with, who said they played 4-5 times per year, the course was set up longer than they had ever played it. It really exaggerated my struggle off the tee this year, and a few of my better drives, I ended up driving through the fairway (along MY line, not to be confused with the line the pros played) and I have never played in rough that was as dense, and yet allowed the ball to settle to the bottom every time. the guys I played with said that the rough was rather benign compared to the open, but it was clean a few areas I hit from just off the fairway had not been cut in a long time, although the fescue was basically nonexistant.

All in all it was a blast, almost rolled in a 40 foot putt on 18 for birdie, and tapped in the 1 incher to keep it under 3 digits, so it was not too stressful. Anyway, dont let people talk you out of the blue tees (as some tried to do to us), it is long, brutal, but a great test of golf and I would not hesitate to play it again, and it is a completely different course between the 2 tees. Each is a great test of golf (for sure), but as long as you can drive the ball 240ish (as I do) you give yourself a chance to hit the fairway on every hole from the blue tees.

Also, the course is a beast to walk, I never realized how up and down it was and how much space there is between the greens and tees. It is easily a 6.5 mile walk in total. The last 4 holes being very up and down and that alone makes it a tough finishing strectch. Hopefully I can work on my driving and keep it in the short grass a bit more in the future.

sorry for the long post, just pretty excited about the round[/quote]

I def hear you on the first tee, it is nerve racking. I played Black a couple of weeks after US Open with a buddy of mine. We were the first group out for twilight, there were about 5 groups behind us watching and there was also a wedding going on that day. People from the wedding were watching us tee off. As our group was called to the tee box, i didnt look back to see how many people were behind watching until after i hit my shot. I hit my drive 252 yrd (skycaddie) and it was on the first cut of the rough on the right side, i look behind me there were about 30-40 people watching. INSANE!

[center][size=3][b][color=gray]Callaway EPIC [/color][/b][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b] [/b][/color][color=gray][b]10[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]5 Accra Tour Z 255[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913F [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 15[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b] & 19[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Titleist 913H [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 24[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]PXG 0311[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Xtreme Dark 5-PW [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Vokey SM6 F Grind[/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b] [b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Jet Black [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] 50[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]8 & 56[/b][/color][color=#FF0000][b]*[/b][/color][color=gray][b]14 [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]|[/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b] Smoke Nippon NS Pro 999GH[/b][/color]
[color=gray][b]Scotty Cameron [/b][/color][color=#FF8C00][b][b][b]| [/b][/b][/b][/color][color=gray][b]Newport II TOUR SSS @350g 33" Mid-Size Baby "t"[/b][/color][/size][/center]

The best antidote I found to the Black's first tee shot jitters is to play it 2 days in a row. That's what I did last time I went in August and what I'll do when I go back in October. Worked well for me. On the second day, I felt more like "OK Black, let's see what we can do together today" rather than "Oh s**t, I'm on the Black's first tee" and wasn't as nervous. Hit it 280 right where I was aiming: in the middle of the left half of the fairway. That's where you have the best second shot, in my opinion.

As for the way the Black's tees are setup and appear on the scorecard, I find the whole thing confusing. The scorecard shows the blue at 7468 and the whites at 6684. My experience is that the blue tees vary considerably in length, being somewhere in between the 2 as they are never all the way back on all holes, which I assume would yield 7468 yards. I think they should add black (how appropriate!) tee markers which would always be on the back tee boxes and leave the blue markers somewhere in between, as they are now.

A tip for those who play the course for the first time: I think a 3W (235-245 for me) is the best option on the 2nd hole tee shot.

Yeah, the Blues never really play the "Championship" yardage. There are always the '02 US Open plaques to tee it up from if you want to play it at ~7214 yards:

[attachment=463085:BPBlack0...enPlaque.jpg]

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf. -Robert Wilson Lynd

[quote name='LucF' post='1875531' date='Aug 9 2009, 08:46 PM']I'll be returning to the Black next weekend. Although it's a great course, the practice facilities (except for the putting green) are not that great.

I would like to know if anybody can point me to somewhere in the area where my foursome can practice. We're looking for a place (course or range) that has reasonably good quality balls, where we can hit on the grass and ideally, where we can practice short game as well.

Anybody know of such a beast near Bethpage ?

Also, any tips on a good but not too expense motel/hotel to stay would be appreciated. Stayed at Bethpage Motel last year but found it too sleazy.

Thanks in advance,[/quote]

OMG!!! You stayed at the Bethpage Motel!!!!

That place is just a 1-2 hour joint :D I grew up in Wantagh, and used it many times :p

There is a driving range on route 110 , if you want to practice at night there is/or used to be a 24 hr par 3 course at the "Deer Park" driving range, Heartland Golf I believe it's called. (neither of the driving ranges are grass though)

Free Golf Handicap
[url="http://GolfHandicapCalculator.org"]http://GolfHandicapCalculator.org[/url]

[quote name='golfmonke' post='1939305' date='Sep 8 2009, 01:29 PM']OMG!!! You stayed at the Bethpage Motel!!!!

That place is just a 1-2 hour joint :D I grew up in Wantagh, and used it many times :p[/quote]

Yeah. Noticed right away when I got there, but it was late and I was tired. No time to look for anything else. Anyways, last time I stayed at the Hicksville Days Inn recommended by someone here and that was better.

Luckily the weather cooperated today and aside from the constant 10-15mph wind it was absolutely PERFECT for a round on the Black. I haven't played it since about 3 weeks before the US Open and the course has recovered nicely. Tee'd off at 8:48 with my buddy and a couple from Manhattan who regularly play at BP (the woman tee'd up from the reds). One of the most amazing things about the round today was that it was completed in [b]4.5 hours[/b] (walked off #18 at 1:20ish) ... an unheard of pace for the Black.

The rough is very manageable and much of the fescue has been cut (e.g. fescue between 15 and 16 FWs is barren and between 17 tee and green there is nothing). There are still plenty of spots where tents, grandstands, etc were that are a bit of an eyesore but the course is as demanding as usual.

Played the blue tees which I'm guessing totaled around 7100-7200 since many of them were 1 box up from the tips:

Relative to the "tips":

1 - back of the box
2 - 1 box up
3 - 2 boxes up
4 - tipped out
5 - 1 box up
6 - 1 box up
7 - tipped out (except there was another box right of the back box which I had never seen before)
8 - tipped out
9 - 1 box up
10 - 2 boxes up
11 - 1 box up
12 - 1 box up
13 - 1 box up
14 - tipped
15 - 1 box up
16 - tipped
17 - 1 box up
18 - 1 box up

Fairways are showing a bit of play (many sand filled divots in typical landing areas). Greens are rolling a little on the slow side (~10-11). Bunkers were in great shape albeit many of the fairway ones were unraked. Despite all these "issues" the course played fantastic.

I shot an 88 (47/41) thanks to a [i]very[/i] slow start. Three straight bogeys out of the gate (should've made the 3-footer on #1 for par though :() and WHAM, a quad 9 on the par 5 4th (don't ask, I knocked it around the bunkers a bit). Couldn't really get my speed and line with the putter on the front and limped to the turn at +11 with my first par on #9. I bounced back nicely on the way in with nothing worse than a bogey with the highlight being a nice sandy par on "cardiac hill" #15 from one of the front greenside bunkers and a par on 17 (hit a great 4i to about 12-15ft but missed the birdie try).

Anyway, kinda sad I used up my 1 tee time this month already but I've got a couple friends in the system and I'm planning on walking in as a single sooner than later. Seems the "traffic" is a bit less on the Black these days so if you're itching to play, I say go for it!

Greens rolling at 10-11? When I played on Sunday if they were 9 they were fast. Even downhill putts were slow (had a 10 footer on 18 for birdie that looked to be lightning fast and I left it 2 feet short).

Sandy par on 15? That's solid.

Sunday the tee boxes were

1 - tipped out
2 - tipped out (literally 3 paces from the back of the box)
3 - tipped out
4 - tipped out
5 - 1 box up
6 - tipped out
7 - 1 box up
8 - tipped out
9 - 1 box up (I wouldn't even want to play it from back there)
10 - 1 box up
11 - tipped out
12 - tipped out
13 - 1 box up
14 - tipped out
15 - tipped out
16 - tipped out
17 - tipped out
18 - 1 box up

Of the 4 times that I have played there, that was the longest the blue tees have been set up.

I'm thinking maybe one more trip before the end of the season.

[quote name='luxman' post='1939287' date='Sep 8 2009, 01:20 PM'][quote name='Marrrk' post='1939041' date='Sep 8 2009, 10:54 AM']that's my boy.[/quote]

Did you get my text on Saturday afternoon?

BTW, had my white Puma belt on! :)
[/quote]

i did get your text. i was mid-round out east and then forgot to reply. but i was happy to hear you made it back up!

[quote name='arbitrage' post='1931295' date='Sep 3 2009, 10:33 AM']My advice to those that get the shakes just thinking about playing the course: Go out there early and watch people teeing off on the first tee. Along with the long and straight bombers, you will see a bunch of guys hitting into the 18th fairway on Green, topping the ball and all the other calamities you see at your usual golf course. You will realize that "Yes, it's Black, but I can do this!"[/quote]

Solid advice, I'm planning on playing Sunday or Monday. I'm up here for the first time, on business. I'm about an 18...I hope I dont make a fool of myself.

• 2 weeks later...