2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Guys,
Will you be touring this summer giving those of us outside of TX an opportunity to check out your hdwr, get fitted, etc?

Indiana says :welcomeani: !

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share pics of another MACHINE work in progress :)

This is a MACHINE M1A Adjuster milled from 1018 Carbon with a copper plate finish. The neck is a 1018 Carbon Drill Here Long Neck that has also been copper plated. Once the head and neck were plated, they were given Dave's Antique Patina Finish.

This MACHINE still has a little work to go, but she is almost complete :)

Enjoy :)

-Chris

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_AP_16c.jpg

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_AP_16f.jpg

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_AP_16h.jpg

That copper plate finish is amazing! This is my first time posting in this topic and I just wanted to say the work you guys do is amazing and you have taken it to a whole new level!! The first time I saw one of your putters I was blown away!!!

Hello,

Thanks for the comments :) The copper plate with the patina is really nice :) It gives the look of a putter you have been using for years, while being brand new :)

Here's a couple of pics of this MACHINE before the patina was applied:)

Thanks

-Chris

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_8c-1.jpg

MP_M1A_C_Gaia_WIP_8hc-1.jpg

Hey Guys,

Wanted to share two more pictures with you this morning :)

This MACHINE consists of a M2A Converter Head in 303 Stainless with a 303 Stainless Pill Cut Plumber Neck and a 303 Stainless Beefy Back Flange. This Customer also ordered a additional 303 Stainless Heavy Blade Back Flange :) The MACHINE has been given a no glare finish and custom stampings :)

This MACHINE will also be shipping to it's new owner on Monday :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_J_Agren_WIP_8c_ihcu.jpg

MP_M2A_J_Agren_WIP_8c_x2f.jpg

MP_M2A_J_Agren_WIP_8c_x2fb.jpg

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1301793283' post='3113371']
[quote name='Aitch' timestamp='1301778855' post='3112806']
[i]...Anser Tongue Mallet...heat-seeking missle...[/i]I haven't even received my first MACHINE yet and it sounds like this one could be my second...:man_in_love:
[/quote]

Take a look on the far right :) I'm working on getting more pics :)

[attachment=758011:Capture.JPG]
[/quote]
I want that carrying case!

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1302685776' post='3149238']
Hello Sir,

Let me check with Dave and see what demo days we have this summer :)

Thanks

-Chris
[/quote]

As Judge Smails once said: "Weeeeell... we're waiting!" :yahoo:

Titleist TSi3 D Smoke Black 60 5.5
Titleist TSi2 3w/7w Tensei Blue 65
Callaway Apex DCB/DG AMT Red
Titleist Vokey SM7 (Raw)
TM Spider Tour Black
Titleist ProV1
Titleist Hybrid 14
Bag Boy Nitron

[quote name='Bob Cat' timestamp='1303998492' post='3192935']
PLEASE come back... I don't want to be THE GUY who killed the MACHINE Putters Picture Thread!

[/quote]

Hi Bob Cat,

Thanks for the post. Actually, you now get credit for being the guy who revived the thread! :)

Chris has been out of pocket on special assignment (for his "day job"), so I get the opportunity to pitch in....

Attached are some photos of a some work in progress.

First up is a shot of some custom Damascus being squared up on the Bridgeport mill... These are two different forgings made specifically for our Logo Medallions. I'll post more photos in the Damascus thread.

[attachment=774176:MP_2011_Damascus_LM_Stock_1a.jpg]

Next up is a custom putter for a great friend (and putter addict!). This is a M4M "Meritage" Proto made with End Game head # 2 of 3, Flamed Proto Damascus Tongue insert #1, and Aluminum Bronze Boat Back with SBC, hand ground and melted (top hogged out for the Tongue, and new micro button head mechanical screws now added to make the Tongue interchangeable) . Assembled with a Modular Center shaft. More stamping, finish and patina work to go on this Garage Proto, but she is coming along nicely, IMHO!

[attachment=774193:MP_M4M_PT_20f3_Dam_T_Weaver_WIP_20c.jpg]

[attachment=774194:MP_M4M_PT_20f3_Dam_T_Weaver_WIP_20s.jpg]

[attachment=774195:MP_M4M_PT_20f3_Dam_T_Weaver_WIP_20ch.jpg]

I'll post some more updates and other new stuff shortly.

Thanks for everyone's great comments and support!

-Dave

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :) I wanted to share some works of progress of a new milling we have been working on based on customer demands :) This flange pictured is currently a work in progress prior to the hand finishing :)

We have been working on this for awhile now and I am happy to unveil the new Stepback Flange Cut Milling Option :) We can do this milling on any custom orders from here on out :)

Enjoy the pics :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_StepBack_PTs_WIP_x2_3c.jpg

MP_M2A_StepBack_PTs_HBB_3ch.jpg

MP_M2A_StepBack_PT_HBB_3ad.jpg

MP_M2A_StepBack_PT_WIP_6c.jpg

MP_M2A_StepBack_PT_WIP_6ad.jpg

MP_M2A_StepBack_PTs_x2_WIP_6c.jpg

Was emailing one of the guys from Machine about a putter pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks. Trying to get one of their putters as soon as I could. I was a little worried about the time frame and asked the guy to call me to speed it up...he did. It was going great!! I was down to choosing my final finish and was supposed to get a quote. I emailed the guy 2 times after our last conversation about the one other optional color/finish and the final colors and ...havent heard back. It's been a week or so now so I guess he is really busy. He told me it would be about 5 weeks after I placed my order and after emailing for a couple weeks I'm up to 7 weeks. Now I've been waiting for a week so I'll be finding a different putter.

Just wanted machine to know that I think their putters look awesome and probably perform the same..but what happened. Your guy told me he was really busy in "Military School"? Maybe it was a miscommunication on my part but i did send 2 emails without replies.

Probably my loss..Just FYI.

[quote name='golfjunkie' timestamp='1304129717' post='3197288']
Was emailing one of the guys from Machine about a putter pretty regularly over the last couple of weeks. Trying to get one of their putters as soon as I could. I was a little worried about the time frame and asked the guy to call me to speed it up...he did. It was going great!! I was down to choosing my final finish and was supposed to get a quote. I emailed the guy 2 times after our last conversation about the one other optional color/finish and the final colors and ...havent heard back. It's been a week or so now so I guess he is really busy. He told me it would be about 5 weeks after I placed my order and after emailing for a couple weeks I'm up to 7 weeks. Now I've been waiting for a week so I'll be finding a different putter.

Just wanted machine to know that I think their putters look awesome and probably perform the same..but what happened. Your guy told me he was really busy in "Military School"? Maybe it was a miscommunication on my part but i did send 2 emails without replies.

Probably my loss..Just FYI.
[/quote]

Dear Golfjunkie,

Thank you for providing your feedback in our picture thread. I am sorry if your experience with our company has not been everything you wanted. I wish you all the best in your search for a custom putter, and hope you are able to get everything you want and in the timeframe that you need. If you ever have any interest in a MACHINE in the future, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service department or our Studio at Hank Haney Golf. We can fit and deliver putters the same day for many of our custom options. We do take more time with our more creative works, but we we try to offer the best options to fit individual wants and needs. Unfortunately, we can't be everything to everyone. I am sorry that appears to be the case here.

Once again, good luck with your hunt for a custom putter. The other makers represented here are all exceptional in their products and services, so I am confident you should be able to find something that fits your needs.

Sincerely,

-Dave

PS: On a more personal note, Chris Hoeppner is in fact in the military, serving our country and all of us with great devotion and distinction. He helps with our online service in his "spare time," and does a tremendous job, often working in unbelievable conditions and ungodly hours. He has done this for us during multiple tours in Iraq during the height of US operations, earning a Purple Heart and a Bronze Star in the process of serving. I for one am very honored and humbled to have Chris represent us, and am very proud to be able to call him a friend. I can't discuss his current operations, but suffice it to say, they are challenging and important. I hope you can understand.

Here, here...Choeps is totally awesome and the so many times I've dealt with Chris, I've got nothing but great things to say about him. Once he even emailed me some night shots from Iraq...outstanding and my family truly thank Chris for his service to our country. Hell, even got a call from him from there too...what a guy!

As for the wait, it's well worth it. Unfortunately the Internet has made any "orders" into like a McDonalds drive thru...place your order, extra crispy fries and it's ready in 5 seconds. There you go and goodbye. Not MACHINE!

Somethings are worth the extra wait and one of them is Dave's brilliant work on the MACHINE putters. Why? Because every single detail counts with Dave, not just the basic loft and lie. He will look after you, give you what you ask, add some hot sauce and BAM!!!! and then...when you see it and play with it, IT WILL BLOW YOUR SOCKS OFF - as I truly found out! Nothing rolls the ball and give you the FEEL better than MACHINE...Backstryke, Betti, Scotty, even my beloved Byron Morgan does not hold a candle to my M2A.

I play with all different people and they are just blown away with what Dave did for my long neck twisty M2A MACHINE, the finish, the feel and top notch milling all lends to a classy product - and I know this putter is unique: the stamping, finish and MINE, ALL MINE....bwwwaaaahaa...haaa.....:yahoo:

Driver: Taylormade Stealth 2+ 9*, Proxima 5X 

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Hybrid:   Cobra Speedzone 3 hybrid 19*

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft
Srixon XV 5/6 or Vice Pro Plus. JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips

Moe Norman/Graves Single Plane Swing

Hey Chris,
I love your work. is there anyway you can make me a MACHINE that consists of a M2A Converter Head in 303 Stainless with a 303 Stainless Beefy Back Flange. no glare finish and custom stamping too
but a neck that can look like a scotty Newport 2.5? and in lefty?

PM me when you have time.

thanks

tom

Rogue sub zero 9* Hzrdus yellow crafted 6.5 flex
Rogue sub zero 13.5* Hzrdus yellow 6.5 flex
917 F2 18* Speeder Pro TS 84 X
PXG 0311x 2i OTI tour 80x
PXG 0311 4-PW OTI tour 100x
Vokey SM6 Chrome 54*,62*
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

Sweet looking putter, nice contrast of the copper head and the SS neck.

Hey, when did that gold head cover come out?

Fairways: Callaway - Rogue ST LS 13.5* & Fujikura Red TR 5S // Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* & Miyazaki C Kua 43S

Irons:       Ping i530 5-PW AWT 2.0 matte black shafts, JumboMax STR8 Ultralite grips
Wedges: Cleveland CBX2 48, Ben Hogan Equalizer 52*, Cleveland Full Face 56*, KBS TGI 100 shafts
Putter:     LAB Golf Mezz.1 ACCRA shaft / Directed Force Reno "2.05 Presse IV tweaked" Putter with OG BGT Stability shaft

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1304413960' post='3204134']
Thanks for sharing :) That is a very sweet MACHINE :)

Alby - The Gold Headcover is the one that went to the MGC Members. I can check if you would like on if we have any more :)

Thanks

-Chris
[/quote]

Wow, yes please. If not, no big deal...oh I am a MGC member now... :friends:

Love to see my new putter in the pictures. Hope all is going well with My new Stepback Heavy Flange converter. I can't wait to see it finished. Thanks again you guys do great work. Have 3 now this will be my 4th and already planning a new one.

4th? wow...that's at least 3 divorces there, either you're single or a very luvn hubby for the wifey black%20eye.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great day :)

I wanted to show pics of this MACHINE that is on it's way to it's owner :) This MACHINE originally had a disco ball hand bent hosel. Customer wanted to try a Long Neck so we changed out his neck for a 303 Stainless Long Neck, did a custom torch finish on it and did the stampings on the neck for him :)

-Chris

MP_M2A_C_Stone_Gar_Retrofit_25cF.jpg