2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters Picture Thread

DB MACHINE

Hi Dave,

That's goods news, and seems like a sensible progression for you guys. Great idea. I've just emailed Chris as it happens, to see if there are any Lefty options available in those 3 trunks that you posted a month or so ago, so look forward to hearing about that, but in the meantime, congratulations in the new business strategy with USA Milled, I hope it proves to be a great success for you guys.

Jay

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1420031513' post='10664489']
Hi Dave,

That's goods news, and seems like a sensible progression for you guys. Great idea. I've just emailed Chris as it happens, to see if there are any Lefty options available in those 3 trunks that you posted a month or so ago, so look forward to hearing about that, but in the meantime, congratulations in the new business strategy with USA Milled, I hope it proves to be a great success for you guys.

Jay
[/quote]

Thanks Jay! That's very much appreciated from us all. And thanks for your interest in the Trunk Show specials. There are definitely some sweet southpaw putters in there, and we're happy to get the info to you as quickly as possible given end of year and the holidays (we're closed tomorrow but otherwise working as always!).

Thanks again for the congrats, well wishes and your support!

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420031803' post='10664511']
Hi Dave,

Jay
[/quote]

Thanks Jay! That's very much appreciated from us all. And thanks for your interest in the Trunk Show specials. There are definitely some sweet southpaw putters in there, and we're happy to get the info to you as quickly as possible given end of year and the holidays (we're closed tomorrow but otherwise working as always!).

-Dave
[/quote]

Thanks Dave. Should I shoot you a pm personally about the Lefty Trunk show specials? Or would it be more convenient for you to have me wait for Chris' return email to me? Either way is fine, as I don't want Chris to feel as though I have by-passed him in any way. So am more than happy to wait for Chris' email back to me.

[quote name='jay65' timestamp='1420033337' post='10664623']
[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420031803' post='10664511']
Hi Dave,

Jay
[/quote]

-Dave
[/quote]

Thanks Dave. Should I shoot you a pm personally about the Lefty Trunk show specials? Or would it be more convenient for you to have me wait for Chris' return email to me? Either way is fine, as I don't want Chris to feel as though I have by-passed him in any way. So am more than happy to wait for Chris' email back to me.
[/quote]

Jay, Chris should be emailing you shortly. I'll be on the road, and then tied up on a couple of conference calls for much of the rest of the morning, so I think that's faster to work with Chris this AM. He'll copy me on his email and I'll give you all the details on what's still available as soon as I'm free.

Thanks again,

-Dave

[quote name='w8liftr' timestamp='1420036499' post='10664795']
That's great news Dave! I've done some business with Jimmy and he will be a great representative for MACHINE.

It's cool that your son is joining the team, too. I always look forward to all the new offerings from you.

I hope you, Chris, Libby and everyone else at DLR have a healthy and fantastic 2015!
[/quote]

Thanks Tommy! We all really appreciate it. And thanks for the comments on my son David. He just graduated from UTD's ATEC program, and is super talented with CAD - much better and faster than this old man!

Wishing all the best for you and yours for 2015 too!

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420038376' post='10664977']
[quote name='w8liftr' timestamp='1420036499' post='10664795']
That's great news Dave! I've done some business with Jimmy and he will be a great representative for MACHINE.

It's cool that your son is joining the team, too. I always look forward to all the new offerings from you.

I hope you, Chris, Libby and everyone else at DLR have a healthy and fantastic 2015!
[/quote]

Thanks Tommy! We all really appreciate it. And thanks for the comments on my son David. He just graduated from UTD's ATEC program, and is super talented with CAD - much better and faster than this old man!

Wishing all the best for you and yours for 2015 too!

-Dave
[/quote]

Dave it sounds like you will have quite the team! I can't wait to see what's to come! Is there any future for more stampings and paintfill options with your putters? Majority of the time I see badges or anodized metals.

I can't wait for my second customer to be done! You are a pleasure to do business with!

:taylormade-small: Qi10 LS Driver 10.5D (Ventus Blue w/ Velocore+ 6x) 
:taylormade-small: Qi10 3 Fairway 15.0D (Project X Denali 70x) 

Callaway   Apex UW 19.0D (RDX Smoke 85x)
:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
 :taylormade-small:MG4 Wedges 50.09, 56.12, 60.08 (KBS $-Taper 120s)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

I needed a head cover a few months back and Jimmy went out of his way to assist me in finding the perfect match. A great experience from start to finish.

He'll make a great fit with team Machine and provide another avenue for me to feed my addiction : )

Wishing all of you a prosperous new year from the Great White North.

Mike.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='UnderPar18' timestamp='1420038831' post='10665025']

Dave it sounds like you will have quite the team! I can't wait to see what's to come! Is there any future for more stampings and paintfill options with your putters? Majority of the time I see badges or anodized metals.

I can't wait for my second customer to be done! You are a pleasure to do business with!
[/quote]

Thanks Rian! I appreciate your kind compliments. Your second custom will be sweet for sure. :)

[quote name='drivin4show' timestamp='1420039590' post='10665083']
Awesome news, Ive worked with Jimmy to purchase a number of putters in his previous life and he is top notch to deal with. Looking forward to giving Machine a try!
[/quote]

Thanks for posting, sharing your great experiences with Jimmy and for giving MACHINE Putters a try!

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1420041113' post='10665209']
I needed a head cover a few months back and Jimmy went out of his way to assist me in finding the perfect match. A great experience from start to finish.

He'll make a great fit with team Machine and provide another avenue for me to feed my addiction : )

Wishing all of you a prosperous new year from the Great White North.

Mike.
[/quote]

Thanks Mike! Same as above - appreciate your support for Jimmy. Sorry about creating another "enabler" for your addiction - well, not that sorry! haha. :)

[quote name='KDMullins' timestamp='1420042144' post='10665299']
That's great news, Dave! Jimmy seems like a great fit, and your plan sounds exciting. Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

Happy New Year!
[/quote]

Thanks to you to Kris! We can't wait to start showing off the new work, and appreciate your enthusiasm. It makes it fun and exciting for us all.

As I told Jimmy, as one door closes, another one opens...

Happy New Year to everyone!

-Dave

Hey Guys,

I hope everyone is having a great week! I wanted to share with you another Custom MACHINE that Dave just finished building for a Customer.

This MACHINE features a Custom Aluminum Bronze M20 Converter Head with a Aluminum Bronze Beefy Back Flange and a 1018 Carbon Medium Short Plumber Neck. This MACHINE also features a Custom Copper Spacer.

The Head, Flange and Spacer have all been finished in a Custom Antique Patina Finish. The Hosel has been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish.

This MACHINE also features a Custom Engraved Sole and Hand Melted Bumpers.

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Thanks in advance

-Chris

MP_M20_AlBr_FB_K_Knarr_20c.jpg

MP_M20_AlBr_FB_K_Knarr_20ch.jpg

MP_M20_AlBr_FB_K_Knarr_20f.jpg

MP_M20_AlBr_FB_K_Knarr_20s.jpg

MP_M20_AlBr_FB_K_Knarr_20ad.jpg

WOW...I just went thru every page and WOW, just WOW. Some serious works of Art! Sign me up as an official Machine convert!

Now, to get the ball rolling on a custom order.

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

[quote name='parallax' timestamp='1420263005' post='10677963']
Which flange has the highest MOI?
[/quote]

Hi parallax - Our Megalodon XXL flange has the highest MOI, with the XL right behind that. Depending on which head you are pairing it with and what your weight requirements are, you can increase the MOI even more with steel or tungsten weights in the weight ports for even greater polar weighting and deeper CG location.

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1420295009' post='10678703']
WOW...I just went thru every page and WOW, just WOW. Some serious works of Art! Sign me up as an official Machine convert!

[/quote]

Thanks Eddie! We appreciate your enthusiasm and kind comments. I saw you are already emailing with Chris, so you are in good hands! Look forward to making you a sweet custom MACHINE!

All the best,

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420299316' post='10678971']
[quote name='parallax' timestamp='1420263005' post='10677963']
Which flange has the highest MOI?
[/quote]

Hi parallax - Our Megalodon XXL flange has the highest MOI, with the XL right behind that. Depending on which head you are pairing it with and what your weight requirements are, you can increase the MOI even more with steel or tungsten weights in the weight ports for even greater polar weighting and deeper CG location.

[quote name='eddiebigeddie' timestamp='1420295009' post='10678703']

[/quote]

Thanks Eddie! We appreciate your enthusiasm and kind comments. I saw you are already emailing with Chris, so you are in good hands! Look forward to making you a sweet custom MACHINE!

All the best,

-Dave
[/quote]

Eddie - You will learn Dave and team is pretty modest. You are not in just in good hands. You are in the best hands in the putter industry. Chris' knowledge of Machine putters, options, and pricing goes beyond his job. He has sent me pictures of options, explained more options and benefits I never even thought of, and his responses are always timely.
Sorry to thread jack Dave, but I have been spending too much time in this thread as I wait for my custom.
Any plans to offer a 2015 Machine Membership package with a headcover, grip, and ball marker or something cool like that? I'm not sure costs but may be cool to do? Maybe?!?!

:taylormade-small: P7MC/P770 Irons (KBS $-Taper 120s) (5-PW)/(4i) Lamkin Crossline Cord (All Metals / Irons)
Odyssey   Jailbird Cruiser modified to regular. 34.6" w/ SuperStroke 3.0 17"/ 5g weights

Thanks Dave, Chris has been very helpful already!
Great Customer Service!

Driver:  MIZUNO STZ-230 (11.5) - Ventus Blue Velocore 6s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Utility: T.B.D.

Iron:  MIZUNO PRO 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Proto 125 F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow (34.5)
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag

[quote name='choeppner' timestamp='1420213241' post='10674265']
This MACHINE features a Custom Aluminum Bronze M20 Converter Head with a Aluminum Bronze Beefy Back Flange and a 1018 Carbon Medium Short Plumber Neck. This MACHINE also features a Custom Copper Spacer.

The Head, Flange and Spacer have all been finished in a Custom Antique Patina Finish. The Hosel has been finished in our Hot Salts Gun Metal Blue Finish.

[/quote]

Wow! this is like the putter of my dreams. Absolutely gorgeous! No paint was used! Great job.

Please can you share the technical numbers? I mean weight, length, loft, lie. Thanks.

[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1420399676' post='10684725'] Nice to hear that Jimmy will be working with you guys. Great move. One suggestion....you might want to lock this thread (sticky it?) and start a new one. The longer this one gets, the longer it takes to load. I'm sure many posters here have seen this. JAT [/quote]

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind comments on Jimmy working with us now. We're eager to start showing the new ready-made Limiteds and getting him stock for his site.

Regarding our main picture thread here, I think it only takes as long to load as that particular page?

Candidly I'd hate to lock it, as we're very proud of all the viewership and comments we've received and the longevity we've achieved. It's the most viewed and most commented on thread in the bag room / equipment pages, an achievement we think is pretty cool, especially for a smaller maker like ourselves. We hope to keep adding to the thread with more and more cool work, and keep it going as long as possible frankly.

Thanks,

-Dave

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420401910' post='10684897']
[quote name='chickenpotpie' timestamp='1420399676' post='10684725'] Nice to hear that Jimmy will be working with you guys. Great move. One suggestion....you might want to lock this thread (sticky it?) and start a new one. The longer this one gets, the longer it takes to load. I'm sure many posters here have seen this. JAT [/quote]

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the kind comments on Jimmy working with us now. We're eager to start showing the new ready-made Limiteds and getting him stock for his site.

Regarding our main picture thread here, I think it only takes as long to load as that particular page?

Candidly I'd hate to lock it, as we're very proud of all the viewership and comments we've received and the longevity we've achieved. It's the most viewed and most commented on thread in the bag room / equipment pages, an achievement we think is pretty cool, especially for a smaller maker like ourselves. We hope to keep adding to the thread with more and more cool work, and keep it going as long as possible frankly.

Thanks,

-Dave
[/quote]

Dave - this page is slower to load than any other page on the site. That's due to how much content is on it I believe. I think Mike was saying to sticky it not just archive and forget about it.

I get you are very proud of what have accomplished and I think the future holds so much more. That being said if it was successful then and now it should be successful or even more successful in the future. A new topic for 2015 onward would allow folks to load this page faster and they can still view the stickies thread for prior questions, history, and pictures. Just my 2cents

Respectfully,
UnderPar18

Dave, as far as I know, when you load a thread, while it's true you only load that page, there's a lot of background data that has to load that involves all the pages in that thread so far (basic stuff like votes, likes, post counts, etc). The more pages you have, the longer it takes. We ran into this with the All Things Michigan Golf thread, and I know the Maryland/DC guys have gone through 7 iterations now. Someone more knowledgeable than me with the inner workings of these things could probably give more details.

I agree it sucks, but at some point soon, this thread will become unusable and I don't think you want that! Testament to the quality of this thread!!

Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013

Dave or Chris,

I plan to get my own machine sometime in the near future and have messaged Chris in the past. How heavy can you get a M2/M20 with a wide blade Flange?

Ping driver
Taylormade fairways
Adams irons
Vokey and CG wedges
Yes! putter
W/S and Vice balls
Nike shoes
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1212980-stillboards-witb/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...illboards-witb/[/url]

[quote name='DB MACHINE' timestamp='1420401910' post='10684897']

Hi Mike,

Thanks,

-Dave
[/quote]

Huh....it doesn't seem to load slow for me...

I have to agree with Dave. This is one of the longest running threads on WRX, and has also a huge, rediculous number of views too. And being a "smaller company" to have so much traffic and views is a good testament to their longevity. If I were a Dave I think I'd want this to keep growing and growing. This is just my $.02, that's all.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style