[Project X vs S300] Help needed!!!!!!

Sam132

So I have a question for you guys and need your help.

I have Mizuno MP-32 and have been playing with S300 shaft for couple of years.

Because I am a serious golfer I wanted to improve my game hence I decided to look for new clubs with new shafts.

I’ve been hearing very positive feedbacks on Project X shafts from various websites.

I recently went to a demo day and tried Titleist blade irons (Titleist ZM) with Project X 6.0 (non-flighted) and found that the ball flight was initially high launch but it stayed flat (very penetrating trajectory which I absolutely LOVED!!!) thus giving me 10 extra yards for each clubs.

I went on to Ebay and bought myself Titleist 695MB (which is pretty much identical to Titleist ZM irons [only difference being that 695MBs are 1 deg. Weaker in loft, also the ZMs that I tried had 2 deg flat lie] with Project X 6.5 (non-flighted). I decided on 6.5 because I carry my MP-32 S300 6 iron 190yards (and I live in Seattle).

I went to the range today and hit the 695MBs and I was so DISAPPOINTED with the trajectory of my ball flight.

Everything ball that I hit seemed to be at a MUCH MUCH higher trajectory than anticipated (from the demo day).

When I was hitting a 7 iron, the ball flight looks like the trajectory of my 8-9 iron on my Mizunos with S300.

Are the Project X (non-flighted) shaft designed to make the ball launch higher than the s300 shafts?

I am absolutely sure that the Titleist ZM irons had Project X 6.0 non-flighted and the irons that I bought are Project 6.5 non-flighted. Could 1 deg weaker loft make this much of a difference in the ball trajectory?

Which shaft do you guys find produce the flat/penetrating trajectory?

Is it stupid for me to make the loft stronger by 2 deg?

Help plz!!!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a question for you guys and need your help.

I have Mizuno MP-32 and have been playing with S300 shaft for couple of years.

Because I am a serious golfer I wanted to improve my game hence I decided to look for new clubs with new shafts.

I've been hearing very positive feedbacks on Project X shafts from various websites.

I recently went to a demo day and tried Titleist blade irons (Titleist ZM) with Project X 6.0 (non-flighted) and found that the ball flight was initially high launch but it stayed flat (very penetrating trajectory which I absolutely LOVED!!!) thus giving me 10 extra yards for each clubs.

I went on to Ebay and bought myself Titleist 695MB (which is pretty much identical to Titleist ZM irons [only difference being that 695MBs are 1 deg. Weaker in loft, also the ZMs that I tried had 2 deg flat lie] with Project X 6.5 (non-flighted). I decided on 6.5 because I carry my MP-32 S300 6 iron 190yards (and I live in Seattle).

I went to the range today and hit the 695MBs and I was so DISAPPOINTED with the trajectory of my ball flight.

Everything ball that I hit seemed to be at a MUCH MUCH higher trajectory than anticipated (from the demo day).

When I was hitting a 7 iron, the ball flight looks like the trajectory of my 8-9 iron on my Mizunos with S300.

Are the Project X (non-flighted) shaft designed to make the ball launch higher than the s300 shafts?

I am absolutely sure that the Titleist ZM irons had Project X 6.0 non-flighted and the irons that I bought are Project 6.5 non-flighted. Could 1 deg weaker loft make this much of a difference in the ball trajectory?

Which shaft do you guys find produce the flat/penetrating trajectory?

Is it stupid for me to make the loft stronger by 2 deg?

Help plz!!!

(Answer to the Bold part) - Yes, most certainly, PX non-flighted are designed to launch higher and then to flatten out to a more penetrating ball flight.

Earlier this year i bought MP67 with PX 5.5, at the fitting it seemed to be the perfect shaft, but since then, my iron play has been DREADFULL. This week i went to try out some new shafts/irons (i actually couldn't wait to hit some S300s) and every shot i hit ended with a smile at the end of it. The DG produced a law launching then slowly rising flight which i love. Playing PX for the best part of 8 months this year had left me feeling so frustrated, as this year i wanted to improve and get closer to being a scratch golfer, but ti didnt happen, and it was all down to my inconsistency with my irons.

Last night i bought brand new DGS300s shaft pulls (from Titleist ZB's) 1/2 longer for £50 with postage and i honestly can't wait to stick them in my irons.

PX suit certain swings, and mine isn't one of them, and i don't think 'jaskanski's' is either. DG are perfect for what i want, and really angry with myself for changing to PX. Don't get reeled in by the cool looking shaft band, stick to what's best.

I say..Stick with S300s.

S300s sound like too weak of a shaft for your swing if you are truly hitting a 6i 190yds. Why don't you try pulling the 6i PX shaft and put it in your MP32 6i. See if you like the difference. Your issue could be just the club. Every club has a different COG and weight distribution which will produce different launch conditions. Also, did you double check that the specs on the club you were trying were correct. The loft and lie may be way off and you wouldn't know it.

I just checked the loft angle for my Mizuno/Titleist

For 6i,

Mizuno Mp32 = 30

Titleist 695MB = 32

I am going to try to bend 695MB 2 deg stronger and see if the ball flights are similar.

I will be happy if the ball flights are similar as I think I am at least a half club longer with the Project X shaft.

S300 definitely has the softer feeling but I will happily sacrifice feeling for some accuracy =)

Has anyone done this? If so, I'd like to see how it's working out for you.

THanks and Happy Golfing!!

I agree PX may not suit every swing. It has allowed me to just different shots. DG 300 seemed to just have a high launch and then balloon from the spin. I play in quite a bit of wind so PX has done wonders there. Now I have a nice high launch and then it simply flattens out. Nice to not have to hit little chip 5 irons from 155. I know a lot of people who jump out of S300 into a 6.0 or 6.5 and I think the stiffness is what people do not like. My SS was around 105 mph with the driver and I was fitted to 5.5, fitter said 5.0 would give me a little more control and maybe a little more ability to control the trajectory. I couldn't believe it. I thought 6.0 6.5 would be perfect, but he had a frequency chart and and compared S300 pretty close to 5.0. I went with the 5.0 and have really enjoyed it. But again I agree that some players

Thanks for your insight.

I wasn't playing serious golf when I purchased the Mizuno MP-32 with S300 and I've felt that in the recent days that S300 might be too soft for me. That's why I chose the PX 6.5.

How far do you carry your Driver/6i?

Where do you live?

If you found that PX have higher launch, do you feel that the ball is still penetrating for your lower irons (say 8-PW)?

Do you have the non-flighted or the flighted PX shafts?

Thanks once again!!!

Ok.

This is what I found as of today.

I went to the golf shop and bent my Titleist 695MB 6i 2 deg stronger to make it exactly same as my Mizuno MP-32 6i loft.

The Titleist with PX6.5 still launches higher than the Mizuno S300s. (Not by ALOT but it's still noticeable)

I have yet to notice the flattening-out of the ball in the trajectory with the PX shafts.

However, I think the ball speed is faster with PX therefore I'd assume I gained some yardage.

(I don't know by how much. I was hitting the ball at the range with lights on)

I also noticed that using the PX shaft, the shot dispersion is tighter (especially on an aggresive/bad swings).

So my question now (for those PX non-flighted shaft owners) is,

1. Although the ball launches higher, do you guys feel that the shaft produces more of a penetrating ball flight?

2. How much distance have you guys gained?

3. Do you feel that you're spraying the ball less (especially when making aggressive swing)?

Your replies will be appreciated!!!

THanks

Dude, really??  If youre REALLY going to compare shafts, you should put then in the EXACT same heads.   You're comparing Endo forged goodness to china forged(possibly) scrap metal.The weight may be in diff places, etc.    They cut the weight OUT of the heel on those 695s.  The BEST thing to do is pickup a demo 6ir on ebay that matches your set THEN try the shafts.  That way the ONLY difference is the shaft.

Im retarded, so I pick up whole duplicate sets, but then again I have issues with buying golf equip.. :)

Also, are you hitting those Project X rifle/chrome or the satins?   I hit the orignal satins and they are beastly.  Im not sure if there is SUPPOSED to be a diff between the satins and chrome, but I dont want to find out.  One of the sponsors here was selling the Satins for a decent price.

OldSkoolTexan,

You're totally right.

It's not a TRUE Test to compare these shafts in different heads.

But after de-lofting the club, I think I feel better about my 695s now =)

Plus, I am too lazy to buy another club that I will need to sell later on.

Anyways, to answer your question, I have the chrome PX.

I've heard that the Satin finish PX produces lower ball flight but the stiffness are similar.

Does Titleist get their forging done by Endo? I don't know which club you're referring to when you say "China forged scrap metal".

If I had to compare the forging technology, I would give thumbs up to the Mizunos. It's just a better feeling in my opinion.

OldSkoolTexan,You're totally right.It's not a TRUE Test to compare these shafts in different heads.But after de-lofting the club, I think I feel better about my 695s now =)Plus, I am too lazy to buy another club that I will need to sell later on.Anyways, to answer your question, I have the chrome PX.I've heard that the Satin finish PX produces lower ball flight but the stiffness are similar.Does Titleist get their forging done by Endo? I don't know which club you're referring to when you say "China forged scrap metal".If I had to compare the forging technology, I would give thumbs up to the Mizunos. It's just a better feeling in my opinion.
Titleist wishes there retail irons were Endo forged.  Im sure the Tour issue heads are forged somewhere decent, but as fasr as retail.....   Titleist cant TOUCH Mizuno when comparing retail gear.  Bridgestone is also Endo forged and with a softer grade of steel than Mizuno uses.

If I let you hit my J33Bs w/PX Satins, you chunk your whole bag into a water hazard and start over!  lol :)  If youre a player and like to control trajectory and WORK the ball, get a J33B 6ir on ebay and try it.

Keep rockin the 695s if you got a good deal on them.  They just seem toe-heavy to me, which I hate.  Im not a Titleist hater, my travel bag is Titleist from top to bottom.  I have the old 681s though, not any china forged stuff.  I tried the 670s and sold them since they werent as MEATY as the 681s.   Ever wonder why DLIII tries all the new blades they release but STILL plays the 680s?  :)

To be honest with yourself why would you think that buying something completely different from shaft to the heads to an iron you demo'd would deliver the same results as that demo'd?

I think resetting to the same loft was a great idea (and cheap). If you are getting the same distance as with the Mizzy's but far tighter dispersion would you not consider that a WIN in any language?

Higher but same length could be the spin from the face, CoG of the head, but really you need to get out on the course and stop worrying about what is now a nothing.

Get some game time, adjust your game to the new irons and be happy with the tighter shots.

To be honest with yourself why would you think that buying something completely different from shaft to the heads to an iron you demo'd would deliver the same results as that demo'd?

I think resetting to the same loft was a great idea (and cheap). If you are getting the same distance as with the Mizzy's but far tighter dispersion would you not consider that a WIN in any language?

Higher but same length could be the spin from the face, CoG of the head, but really you need to get out on the course and stop worrying about what is now a nothing.

Get some game time, adjust your game to the new irons and be happy with the tighter shots.

Hi Hux,

Thanks for your insight.

As you've said, I plan to take the new clubs out on the course and start improving my game.

With the smaller sweet spot on the 695s, I want to work on my swing a little more.

I originally wanted to buy the 695mb because of the many "thumbs-up" review it received.

Obviously, Titleist doesn't demo the 695MBs anymore and the closest thing was Titleist ZM forged with PX 6.0

OldSkoolTexan,

You're totally right.

It's not a TRUE Test to compare these shafts in different heads.

But after de-lofting the club, I think I feel better about my 695s now =)

Plus, I am too lazy to buy another club that I will need to sell later on.

Anyways, to answer your question, I have the chrome PX.

I've heard that the Satin finish PX produces lower ball flight but the stiffness are similar.

Does Titleist get their forging done by Endo? I don't know which club you're referring to when you say "China forged scrap metal".

If I had to compare the forging technology, I would give thumbs up to the Mizunos. It's just a better feeling in my opinion.

Titleist wishes there retail irons were Endo forged.  Im sure the Tour issue heads are forged somewhere decent, but as fasr as retail.....   Titleist cant TOUCH Mizuno when comparing retail gear.  Bridgestone is also Endo forged and with a softer grade of steel than Mizuno uses.

If I let you hit my J33Bs w/PX Satins, you chunk your whole bag into a water hazard and start over!  lol :)  If youre a player and like to control trajectory and WORK the ball, get a J33B 6ir on ebay and try it.

Keep rockin the 695s if you got a good deal on them.  They just seem toe-heavy to me, which I hate.  Im not a Titleist hater, my travel bag is Titleist from top to bottom.  I have the old 681s though, not any china forged stuff.  I tried the 670s and sold them since they werent as MEATY as the 681s.   Ever wonder why DLIII tries all the new blades they release but STILL plays the 680s?  :)

I'd love to give your irons a try (if you're in Seattle). Maybe that'll change my mind completely (plus the fact that I am such a club junkie lol).

I've been playing golf for about 3 years now. I started as a casual golfer but as I improved I got more into it.

There was a time when I could not break 90 for the longest time and when I bought the Mizunos, it helped my game a lot.

Now I hope the Titleist blades can take my game to a new level.

I am 4-5 handicap and I have scratch golfer's long game. My short game is what I need to spend time on but then I only get to play once a week =(

More and more I use Titleist clubs, I am liking it so I'll stick with it until someone else proves otherwise.

Thanks for you insight Texan!!!

Ok.

I went to the golf shop and bent my Titleist 695MB 6i 2 deg stronger to make it exactly same as my Mizuno MP-32 6i loft.

The Titleist with PX6.5 still launches higher than the Mizuno S300s. (Not by ALOT but it's still noticeable)

I have yet to notice the flattening-out of the ball in the trajectory with the PX shafts.

However, I think the ball speed is faster with PX therefore I'd assume I gained some yardage.

I also noticed that using the PX shaft, the shot dispersion is tighter (especially on an aggresive/bad swings).

1. Although the ball launches higher, do you guys feel that the shaft produces more of a penetrating ball flight?

3. Do you feel that you're spraying the ball less (especially when making aggressive swing)?

THanks

I think the reason you are seeing tighter shot dispersion is because you are hitting with a much stiffer shaft. Again, if you really fly a 6i 190yds, then the S300s were way too weak. You were probably having to time them perfectly to hit the ball at the target. I'm not so sure you will gain much, if any distance, but you will have a much more consistent shot using the right flex shaft. If it were me, I would opt for accuracy over distance. It seems like you have plenty of distance. That will help your game more than an extra 5yds.

Personally, The PXs didn't add much distance, maybe 2-3yds. But the weight and trajectory was much better for me. I feel like I have much better control over the trajectory of the shots. The only time I balloon a shot now is if I get really steep.

I think the reason you are seeing tighter shot dispersion is because you are hitting with a much stiffer shaft. Again, if you really fly a 6i 190yds, then the S300s were way too weak. You were probably having to time them perfectly to hit the ball at the target. I'm not so sure you will gain much, if any distance, but you will have a much more consistent shot using the right flex shaft. If it were me, I would opt for accuracy over distance. It seems like you have plenty of distance. That will help your game more than an extra 5yds.

Personally, The PXs didn't add much distance, maybe 2-3yds. But the weight and trajectory was much better for me. I feel like I have much better control over the trajectory of the shots. The only time I balloon a shot now is if I get really steep.

Yes, part of the reasons for switching iron set was due to the shaft strength.

I have yet to take this club out on the course. When I do, I'll post my results!!!

As for distance vs accuracy, I will take accuracy any day of the week however extra distance ALWAYS HELPS rolleyes.gif

I was torn between the 6.0 vs 6.5 but after visiting the RoyalPrecision.com for fitting chart, it seemed like I was better suited for PX 6.5

Now, let me ask you.

It seems like you bent your iron set 2 deg stronger. Why did you decide to do this in the first place?

Did you bend 2 deg strong all the way from your 4-PW or did you bend 2 deg for your short irons only?

Two comments re: the 695MB's. I had a set which I only played about 5 rounds because 1) the trajectory was too high (and mine were 1* strong), and 2) like someone mentioned above, I also felt they were very toe heavy which I really didn't care for. My MP-37's have a much more balanced feel to them.

I thought perhaps the high trajectory was due to the very thin sole design which seemed to dig much more than my MP-37's.

So, the trajectory issues may be more head-related than shaft related. I have 2 sets of irons (MP-37's and PING S57's) with DG S300 and one with PX 5.5's (PING ISI Nickels). I hit the ISI's higher, but then, that's what that head is supposed to do. Plus I find that the PX 5.5 feels a tad stiffer than the S300. I think a 5.0 is probably more equiv to the S300 feel-wise, but it's probably different for each person's swing.

Mizuno ST-Z 220 9.5, Grafalloy ProLite S

Mizuno JPX 850 3W @ 13*

Mizuno JPX 850 5W @ 16*

Mizuno MP-20 3-PW, 2* Up, DG 120 S

Mizuno S18 Wedges 50, 56

Putter - always changing!

Yes, part of the reasons for switching iron set was due to the shaft strength.

I have yet to take this club out on the course. When I do, I'll post my results!!!

As for distance vs accuracy, I will take accuracy any day of the week however extra distance ALWAYS HELPS rolleyes.gif

I was torn between the 6.0 vs 6.5 but after visiting the RoyalPrecision.com for fitting chart, it seemed like I was better suited for PX 6.5

Now, let me ask you.

It seems like you bent your iron set 2 deg stronger. Why did you decide to do this in the first place?

Did you bend 2 deg strong all the way from your 4-PW or did you bend 2 deg for your short irons only?

I bent all of my irons 2* strong. This was because of the high trajectory, especially with the long irons. It was my inexpensive attempt and lowering the launch of the irons. But these irons have a low COG, resulting in high launches. I've never had a problem with hitting the ball high. My problem is hitting a low boring shot with the long irons. That is why I am looking at getting some different irons soon. I used to play the MP33s, and they performed great for this. I switched when I took some time off and couldn't even get a 9i airborn.

im kinda in the same boat as you, but i went the opposite direction.

~4 hdcp right now, great long game, putting gives me fits.

ive been carrying my 6 iron ~180 lately, but its also been 35-45 degrees when im playing. during warmer weather the ball carries ~190-195.

ive been demo'ing a whole bunch of different sets lately as my nike pct's are wearing out. i am finding that project x's (6.0 non-flighted chrome ed.) give me about 10 yards distance on my 6 iron shots. outside ive been gettin ~190, on decent launch monitors inside 200 or so. i didnt find dispersion to be too much different, i have a pretty smooth swing and transition.

im staying with s300's for two reasons; ball flight and feel. the project x's gave me some extra yards, but i just couldnt stand how ugly my ballflight was. i really really love the look of an iron that starts off with a med-low trajectory and climbs, then drops onto the green like its wearing a parachute. the whole high launch flat ballflight is great with a driver, but i cant stand it in my irons. id be willing to give up 5-10 yards to have a ballflight i like. the other reason is feel. i hate the way project x's feel. they are so harsh. granted, i have sensicores in my s300's now, so i may have gotten accustomed to that feel.

also, the jump from s300 to project x 6.5 is huge. how far you hit your ball is only part of the equation when finding a shaft that fits. for me, i have a smooth swing w/o an aggressive transition; shafts that are too stiff feel like telephone poles. my swing just isnt suited for a really stiff shaft. a s300 shaft will more than handle you hitting a 6 iron 190, regardless of what people say, especially if you dont have a hard transition.

comparing the two shafts (with frequency), s300 is about 5.8 FCM. PX 6.5 is 7.0 FCM. thats an absolutely massive jump. you should notice more accuracy, but those shafts cannot feel good at all. the PX 5.5 will be a bit stiffer than s300's (@ 6.0 FCM) and the 6.0's would also be a pretty good fit as well.

if you like project x's it might be worth while to pick up a 6.0 and give them a try. you should get the same dispersion results and flatter ballflight with them, and youre likely to gain something in feel. also, theres nothing wrong with a higher ballflight. i would kill to be able to hit the ball higher. if you ever watch pro golf on tv and watch the pro tracer, they hit their woods and irons higher than you can imagine.

just my .02

cheers

im kinda in the same boat as you, but i went the opposite direction.

~4 hdcp right now, great long game, putting gives me fits.

ive been carrying my 6 iron ~180 lately, but its also been 35-45 degrees when im playing. during warmer weather the ball carries ~190-195.

ive been demo'ing a whole bunch of different sets lately as my nike pct's are wearing out. i am finding that project x's (6.0 non-flighted chrome ed.) give me about 10 yards distance on my 6 iron shots. outside ive been gettin ~190, on decent launch monitors inside 200 or so. i didnt find dispersion to be too much different, i have a pretty smooth swing and transition.

im staying with s300's for two reasons; ball flight and feel. the project x's gave me some extra yards, but i just couldnt stand how ugly my ballflight was. i really really love the look of an iron that starts off with a med-low trajectory and climbs, then drops onto the green like its wearing a parachute. the whole high launch flat ballflight is great with a driver, but i cant stand it in my irons. id be willing to give up 5-10 yards to have a ballflight i like. the other reason is feel. i hate the way project x's feel. they are so harsh. granted, i have sensicores in my s300's now, so i may have gotten accustomed to that feel.

also, the jump from s300 to project x 6.5 is huge. how far you hit your ball is only part of the equation when finding a shaft that fits. for me, i have a smooth swing w/o an aggressive transition; shafts that are too stiff feel like telephone poles. my swing just isnt suited for a really stiff shaft. a s300 shaft will more than handle you hitting a 6 iron 190, regardless of what people say, especially if you dont have a hard transition.

comparing the two shafts (with frequency), s300 is about 5.8 FCM. PX 6.5 is 7.0 FCM. thats an absolutely massive jump. you should notice more accuracy, but those shafts cannot feel good at all. the PX 5.5 will be a bit stiffer than s300's (@ 6.0 FCM) and the 6.0's would also be a pretty good fit as well.

if you like project x's it might be worth while to pick up a 6.0 and give them a try. you should get the same dispersion results and flatter ballflight with them, and youre likely to gain something in feel. also, theres nothing wrong with a higher ballflight. i would kill to be able to hit the ball higher. if you ever watch pro golf on tv and watch the pro tracer, they hit their woods and irons higher than you can imagine.

just my .02

cheers

Dear Generalbolg,

From what I've seen so far, the feeling is definitely softer on the S300s. The reason why I say this is because I tried hitting MP67's with PX 6.0s.

I think I would go against you in that I'd take Accuracy over feeling any day. Since putting is my achilles hill, I feel that shots closer to the pin will definitely help my putting statistics.

As for distance, I am OK with PX as long as it doesn't reduce my carry distance.

The reason why I prefer lower trajectory is because it performs better in windy condition.

I recently went to Boeing Classic (Champions Tour) and was really SURPRISED that many of the player's ball trajectory was REALLY LOW!! Even for a Gap and SW!!!

If you want higher ball flight, why are you going with the lower trajectory shaft?

Don't you feel that the S300 produce baloon shots at times?

I'd love to hear your feedback.

I guess S300 vs PX is going to be never ending discussion black%20eye.gif

Just rock the PX!  If you can, get the satins later on.  I hit a high ball and LOVE to hit it lower.  I rock alot of 3/4 shots and work the ball wonderfully with the PX satins.  if ANYthing, I would say keep beatin the PX then try the KB Tours when you are ready to tinker.

Those champions tour guys are all old skool size, so they naturally swing flat.  They're not as flexible, so they keep it compact, flat and get it around.  I hit alot of dead-armed and halfshots coming into the greens, those low wedge shots are like throwin darts!  

sam-

youre right, pros hit their wedges very low. this part i have down. it amazes me how they can elevate a 4 iron. thats something i simply cannot do.

i dont want to give the wrong impression though, i absolutely love my ball flight. starts low, then climbs, and lands soft. i would love to be able to hit my long irons higher, but im pretty happy.

during all of my demos, i never really noticed any discernible difference in accuracy between the two shafts. laterally, they were pretty much the same for me. maybe its me, i dunno. the issue for me was i had a hard time with distance control with the PX's. i played a few rounds on course with cobra carbon cb's and PX non-flighted 6.0s. got a little longer with most of my clubs on average, but had a really hard time controlling distances. balls would sometimes just carry a lot farther than i was expecting, sometimes they wouldnt. and i didnt like how the balls reacted on the greens, again, i couldnt control it as well.

you mentioned ballooning. i actually took my last year off and spent it in st. andrews golfing. (awesome) i love playing in horrible weather, wind, rain, hail, you name it, it just excites me. the s300 does balloon if you make it/want it to. one of my favorite shots was to hit a low spinner, and let it flick up into the wind. what amazes me about the DG is how consistent it is. it takes a bit of time, but after a while its very very predictable how and when the ball will balloon. i really enjoyed using this to my advantage and even carded an ace over there. 135 yard par 3 into about 35-40 mph wind. 6 iron low spinner, let it fly up and it came down all over the pin.

you can still prevent ballooning with the DG even into the wind. it just requires a little swing change, thats all. as far as crosswinds, i switched to the new callaway balls, and they are tremendous in wind. dont have to worry as much about them. on a still day, i never experience ballooning. just very predictable distances. i guess with DG you kinda gotta be aware of the wind, and how the ball is going to fly. i love DG because of how consistent my ballflight is with them and how easy they are for me to manipulate. never really got comfortable doing that with PX.

im actually considering shafting my 4 and 5 irons in my next set with DGHL. they supposedly launch the ball 1.6* higher with the same feel. that will be my next experiment.

cheers

Thanks for your insight.

I wasn't playing serious golf when I purchased the Mizuno MP-32 with S300 and I've felt that in the recent days that S300 might be too soft for me. That's why I chose the PX 6.5.

How far do you carry your Driver/6i?

Where do you live?

If you found that PX have higher launch, do you feel that the ball is still penetrating for your lower irons (say 8-PW)?

Do you have the non-flighted or the flighted PX shafts?

Thanks once again!!!

I have the non-flighted. I live in southeastern New Mexico. Play a lot around here and west Texas. Average day is a good 15 mph wind with nothing to ever block it, so there is never any confusion on where its coming from or how hard its blowing. I carry the driver around 250ish and 6 iron 165-170. Most courses around the area have bent grass greens that are always absolutely saoking wet. SO at first I would say due to the wind and soft greens I hardly ever hit many full shots, even 90 percent shots so I was extremely disappointed in the shafts, but as soon as I traveled to my first tournament with them I realized how much of a difference there was. To me the shorter irons hold up great with the penetrating flight. When I travel and play places where the wind be blowing around in the trees and into me I feel I can get about 144-145 out of my 8 iron when I normally hit it about 150. I think that was the factor that really got me to switch. With the S300 I was lucky to stretch it 140, then I could usually count on it moving back a few feet and almost impossible for it ever move forward. Hope the info helps.

Ok.

THanks

I have 5.0 rifle shafts that I've spined in my Mizzies and I really like 'em. I've gained approximately 5-10 yds per club and the dispersion is tighter. If you are 6' or taller you will naturally have a higher ball flight b/c of a steeper angle of attack and to my knowledge there isn't much you can do about that.