2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Things people leave laying around

profsmitty

I guess I have found my share of stuff that people have lost on the course but last week was a first. I found a whole set of clubs. Apparently someone was about to load them in the trunk when he had a "senior moment" and left them behind. I took them to the clubhouse and I assume he must have eventually claimed them.

What's the strangest thing(s) you have found on the course?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work at a driving range, came to work one day and saw a set of clubs on the range and nobody around them. Thought they were in the bathroom or something but at the end of my 6 hour shift they were still there. This was 2 years ago and the clubs are still in our lost and found!!!!!!!!!

My buddy lost his driver on the course. He hit on drive on the 12th, turn to pet a kitty cat and rested his club near a bush, Two holes later when he noticed he didnt have his driver, we went back to get it. Low and behold we never found it. We asked all the groups behind us if they saw it and no one fessed up. BAM it was gone. We think someone in the houses near by saw it a and took it. But we will never know. I still rib him about it today.

I work at a driving range, came to work one day and saw a set of clubs on the range and nobody around them. Thought they were in the bathroom or something but at the end of my 6 hour shift they were still there. This was 2 years ago and the clubs are still in our lost and found!!!!!!!!!

Did you take this as a sign of total frustration with golf on the part of the owner?

We once found a Slazenger Black Panther driver, snapped in half and then fashioned into a crucifix with the help of a bit of twine/shoelace stuck in the ground in the rough to the right of the 6th fairway.

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

I came upon the same thing at a golf course driving range in York PA. a few winters ago. An entire bag that was covered in a big frost from the freezing night temps. The Asst. Pro working the counter just about spit out his coffee laughing!

I came upon the same thing at a golf course driving range in York PA. a few winters ago. An entire bag that was covered in a big frost from the freezing night temps. The Asst. Pro working the counter just about spit out his coffee laughing!

I bet these guys would rather file an insurance theft claim than admit they couldn't remember where they'd left the things.

A few years ago a lady golfing friend of ours told me that she lost her gold necklace on the course. She said it had value and had sentimental value. Well I said I would keep an eye out for it, but knew on our busy course, it must be long gone. The next morning I played 18 and coming up the 17th I saw a shinny reflection in the middle of the fairway. I went over and dang, there it was a beautiful gold necklace and pendant. Yes the fairway mower had done some damage, but it was still intact with a severed chain. She couldn’t believe I found it, and neither could I.

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

A baby monkey, 2,000 dollars in a briefcase, a scotty cameron putter, and driver in the lake.

All in one day? LOL

Shoes and trousers laid neatly beside the 14th tee. Someone may have had a Reggie Perrin moment and walked into the sea.

Lol How mnay on this board are going to understand that one....

A baby monkey, 2,000 dollars in a briefcase, a scotty cameron putter, and driver in the lake.

All in one day? LOL

Shoes and trousers laid neatly beside the 14th tee. Someone may have had a Reggie Perrin moment and walked into the sea.

I do now, thanks to Google. But do you know who Herb Tarlek is?

[quote name='taylormadegolfdude' post='1489591' date='Feb 15 2009, 02:46

Sunshine Desserts anyone..?

Nike Ignite 410 10.5° Grafalloy Blue X

Nike T60 15° Fujikura Speeder 757 X

Titleist 913F 19° Mitsubishi Diamana BB 83X or Titleist 712U 2-iron 19° KBS Tour S

Titleist 712U 3-iron 22° KBS Tour S

Titleist 681 4-iron to 9-iron KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 48.08F Raw 49° KBS Tour S

Titleist SM5 56.10M Raw 56° KBS Tour S

Ping Eye 2 Gorge L Wedge 60° KBS Tour S  &  Ping Pal

This goes back 30+ years to when I was playing golf on my high school team. The course was close to a bar/nightclub area. We were playing our normal practice nine after school. We were on the 7th hole which at that time was a 225-250 yard par 4 (yep). One of the seniors shanked his tee shot 45 degrees to the right into a forested area, and decided to go on down to start looking for it. I had just hit my tee shot (thankfully not a second later or I might have decapitated him) when we heard a scream from the woods. "Rubbers!!!!" he yelled. Well, for a foursome of high school age kids this was golden. Sure enough, we ran to where he was and found several coin operated machines that had been broken into. They took the money - but thankfully left the product. And being the nice upstanding generous kids we were, we left 4 calling cards on the green for the rival high school group playing behind us.

All in one day? LOL

Don't believe that one made it to the states unlike the truly believable "The Prisoner" :)

I'm supposing this is other than the myriad iron covers and towels... Found a wedding ring on a teebox. Following a really slow group, my playing partner and I picked up most of their wedges and short irons -- at least 5 clubs. Finally got tired of carrying them all and left them near a teebox bench as we were walking and carrying that day. When the clowns roared back in a cart, we told them where to find the clubs.

All in one day? LOL

Don't believe that one made it to the states unlike the truly believable "The Prisoner" :)

The Prisoner was a good show. If he would have faked his own death I'm sure he could have got off of that island.

We want information.

Information!

Well, it's not a piece of property, but I still "found" something: I worked at a course after finishing high-school and as I was driving into the property one morning to open up, I saw this guy, mid 60's I'd say, walking down the 6th fairway in nothing but his underwear pulling his cart playing golf! I $h!t you not. I got to the proshop and mentioned to the super that there's something that he might need to see on the 6th fairway. He thought I meant that there might be some damage to the course or a sprinkler that was broken. So, he gets in his Cushman and ROARS toward the 6th fairway! He finally gets back to the proshop, as red as a beet, laughing his Word not allowed off! He said the guy had his clothes stowed in his golfbag and just started to take them off as it started warming up! That's something I'll remember for a loooong time, unfortunately!

WITB
Sim 9° Diamana Limited 
TM M3 15°
Adams Idea Pro 22°
Hogan Icons 4-P
Titleist SM8 50° 54° 60°
Callaway MD4 64°
Ping Sigma Darby