2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

most beautiful bag ever!

slicer5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not kid ourselves here. The only reason these mackenzie walker bags have a following is because it cost close to $800 and has an antiquated, "classic" look. The company's lack of innovation smells of a big con game at the expense of a player's nostalgia. "It's classic and nostalgic, that's why it's worth $800." Who in their right mind would play a 50's designed club? Why would it then be okay to carry a 50's designed bag? That's why the newer generation of golfers don't find them very appealing. If this same bag showed up at walmart and sold for $59.99, who would fall in love with them? That's my first impression when I saw it, something outdated sold at walmart.

[quote name='eyeguy' date='08 February 2010 - 06:56 AM' timestamp='1265640967' post='2235798']
Let's not kid ourselves here. The only reason these mackenzie walker bags have a following is because it cost close to $800 and has an antiquated, "classic" look. The company's lack of innovation smells of a big con game at the expense of a player's nostalgia. "It's classic and nostalgic, that's why it's worth $800." Who in their right mind would play a 50's designed club? Why would it then be okay to carry a 50's designed bag? That's why the newer generation of golfers don't find them very appealing. If this same bag showed up at walmart and sold for $59.99, who would fall in love with them? That's my first impression when I saw it, something outdated sold at walmart.
[/quote]

The look is what I like. The price is not, but, in all honesty, buying something made of high quality leather, made by hand (or as by hand as possible), in a small shop entirely in the United States, well, it's going to be expensive. Regardless of the product.

If they could sell a 100% real leather bag that looked like that, made in the USA, for 60 bucks I would buy a dozen of them.

And 50's designed clubs are everywhere. Blades...8802/Napa style putters...steel shafts...hell even Foot Joy shoes look like the ones my grandfather wore to church in 1949...

Takomo IGNIS D1 9° HZRDUS Smoke Blue 60g / Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15° HZRDUS Smoke Black 70g
Callaway Apex '19 3H HZRDUS Handcrafted HYB 85g
PXG 0311P Gen 6 Black Label Elite 4-G KBS Tour Lite S / Miura Baby Blades 3-P Steelfiber 110cw / PING ISI Nickel 1-L G Loomis reg flex
Callaway Jaws Raw 54.10S / 58.8Z
PING Anser 2 Jim Wells 36" / Bettinardi BB-1 (2022) 35" / PING Anser 2 1981 35" / Scotty Cameron CT Squareback Proto 35" 375g

Outlaw Golf Association #21

[quote name='eyeguy' date='08 February 2010 - 03:56 PM' timestamp='1265640967' post='2235798']
[/quote]

If the Mackenzie Walker had cost < $200 I would allready have one (had I known about them when I bought the bag I currently use). I walk when I play and therefore prefer a carry bag. Further, I don't need 10 dividers or 10+ pockets as all I need is room for some balls, tees, markers and a larger pocket to carry a sweater and a drink. So I ended up buying a Ping MoonLite II. Has everything I need. However, the quality of the material used on the bag is high-tech, but low quality. My old Ping L8 was allready of better quality and even then I managed to rip the zippers, etc. So leather or another strong fabric would have been my choice.

I feel the same way about the clubs I play. Golfequipment manufacturers in the 50ies and 60ies weren't stupid, they made some excellent clubs. To my eye (in general) better looking clubs and equipment than is on the marcket today. Give me a set of old Hogan's/Wilson's or MacGregor's over todays Mizuno/Ping/Callaway/Nike any day. I guess it is all in the eye of the beholder.

[quote name='TheHusky' date='14 January 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1263524727' post='2182289']
My Top 3

All White Super Limited Edition Puma
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_009182/"]http://www.progolfja...m/28008_009182/[/url]

Winn Winn Thunder God
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_004621/"]http://www.progolfja...m/28008_004621/[/url]

Oakley Scattered Skull
[url="http://www.progolfjapan.com/28008_001914/"]http://www.progolfja...m/28008_001914/[/url]

Wasn't sure how to post all the pics layed out on the site, hope its ok to use it on here I tried to search the rules and the search tool keeps disappearing on me on the browser. I think all 3 of these bags are gorgeous.
[/quote]

Can you order from this website and actually get the Items ..the stuff on here looks 10000 times better then whats sold here ..some of its gawdy but some of its awesome

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love my simple Taylormade Monaco in green....name stitched in white. I get a lot of compliments on this bag - I'm sure it's not a rare color or anything but I've never seen another one like it and none of the people I regularly play with have either...(hope that doesn't mean it's because I have bad taste!)

TM%20Golf%20Bag.jpg

"Excuses are the nails that build the house of failure."

[quote name='coque' date='26 February 2010 - 03:06 PM' timestamp='1267214783' post='2279306']
I think this is the coolest golf bag I've seen:
[/quote]

That is just beautiful!

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

[quote name='Extreme Firepower' date='02 March 2010 - 11:33 PM' timestamp='1267536782' post='2287527']
Looks like an old rotten banana peel lying on somebodies clubs. :)
[/quote]

hahahahahaha i laughed very hard at that

[size=2][color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade RBZ 10.5°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade Burner 3W 15°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Sumo² 3H 21°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist AP1 710 4-P [/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52°/56°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wilson Staff TW7 60°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Odyssey Versa #9[/font][/color][/size]

[quote name='Buddyjay' date='02 March 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1267583290' post='2289320']
I have been in the market for a new cart bag and while viewing this thread, I came across the Bennington Bags. These seem to be real nice.
[/quote]

I'm saving up for the Quiet Organizer myself.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that it's personal. For me I like sneakers from the 90s, but the technology isn't as good as a 2010 sneaker. When it comes to a golf bag, all it has to do is it's job- carry your clubs and whatever else you want/need to carry. It doesn't affect your performance like old clubs or old sneaker would, so it's easier to choose based on looks. I don't care about having the TM logo all over my bag, but I chose it because it was the best looking bag available for under $200 and even though it's not a stand bag it's as light as my former stand bag without worrying about legs breaking etc. If I wanted to spend more $ though, I'd go for the JL bag by Ogio shown earlier. It's a nice blend of new technology with the traditional leather look.

849-01010911xx_redblack_pd.jpg

[quote name='eyeguy' date='08 February 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1265640967' post='2235798']
[/quote]

I would like to go on record as dis-agreeing with every word that was stated above.

With all due respect sir....you have it wrong.

This is a fantastic product that has nothing to do with "nostalgia". It's just plain great to throw something simple and light on your back. Leather makes it all the better as I will have it to enjoy for 30 years.

Can't say that about my "Scratch Mizuno" bag. Not even in the same discussion.

Not to mention the price is justified from the components and craftsmanship put into the bag. They're not paying a near-child worker in Vietnam five cents an hour to stitch the pockets on.

As for the second part of your post: I wouldn't know if I'd buy it as I have the choice to not shop at Wal-Mart and do so because it ruins communities.

The bag Greg Norman had at the 2008 Open Championship was by far the prettiest bag I've seen. Here's the best image I could find._wsb_440x273_IliacGolf-Greg_Norman.JPGIt's made from crocodile skin. And I just love his head covers.

I agree, best looking bag I've seen. It was the bag I thought of when I saw this thread. Not sure I can call it or any other bag beautiful though. Good looking? Yes.

That sounds good but is not a defensible position, then it's just a house, just a car, just a wife, etc. From the quality of this thread you can see we all have different styles and tastes all good just different. Our choices for things we are passionate about are well thought out and reflect our personalities and aspirations. That's the beauty of it no right or wrong just self expression. I would use every one of these bags at least once or for at least one season. I have the game to play any of them, but I'm gonna get one of those MacKenzie's